Capri Ristorante - Burr Ridge
324 Burr Ridge Pkwy
Burr Ridge, IL 60527Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Capri Ristorante - Burr Ridge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.capriristorante.com/index-5.html
- Phone: (630) 455-4003
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00 PM, 10:30 PM, Sunday: 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Contact: Gigi 6304554003
A word from Capri Ristorante - Burr Ridge
Family owned, providing the best homemade Italian food with recipes by Mama Capri. The dining experience is warm and enhanced by the charming personality of Gigi Capri, son of Mama Capri, the owner. The restaurant caters and has private dining space for up to 100 guests. Our guests are family!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Capri Ristorante - Burr Ridge - Best Restaurants in Burr Ridge ›
Capri Ristorante - Burr Ridge reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (42)special occasion (38)great for outdoor dining (30)romantic (26)notable wine list (26)hot spot (24)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (10)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- best alfredo sauceDewiVIPDined on 11/23/2014I absolutely love the food. they have the best alfredo sauce ever. I had a fettucine with shrimps and scallops and my wife got the diavolo. both were super delicious. i loved appetizers too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food great serviceChicagoDined on 11/22/2014We were at Capri in Burr Ridge for my birthday celebration. The food was delicious and the service was amazing. The portion size was generous and the wine prices were reasonable. We will be returning to dine again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bcbcDined on 11/19/2014Outstanding pasta. Great menu choices. Knowledgeable server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're becoming regulars at Capri for lunchTarheelborn1VIPDined on 11/17/2014Lunch at Capri is a delightful treat. We have had consistently great food and service recently and it is becoming one of our favorite places for lunch in the area. There are always interesting specials and the regular menu has great salads and pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corkieVIPDined on 11/16/2014Capri has consistently good food. Much of which is due to the matriarch of the family's cooking. Three people at our table had veal and couldn't stop raving about how delicious it was. One of our party had the cavatelli and he, too, thought it was perfect. I had the linguini with white clam sauce, which had a good number of fresh clams and was not over salted. A perfect dessert for any Italian meal is their Limoncello parfait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, just very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/14/2014Food was great and service good. It was extremely busy so of course the noise level was loud. The only thing that would make me consider not going back was that later in the evening they turned the music up extremely loud - like you were at A nightclub. I wasn't sure the point Of this. It is a restaurant not a bar or nightclub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mizzwizzVIPDined on 11/11/2014Not my first visit but brought five friends to enjoy the excellent food at Capri. Wait staff professional and friendly. Be sure to try the lasagna or any of their great pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GaryVIPDined on 11/8/2014The food is good but the noise level is unbearable. There are so many tables stuffed into a small room so there is no room to walk between tables. Service was slow. The room has such low light in it it so that you need a flashlight to read the menu. On top of all the noise, they turn up the music so loud that getting out of the restaurant stops the Pain of all the noise.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Food is always great at this restaurant and this night was no exception. The Dover sole was excellent although small portion size; it was deboned expertly tableside. My Bacala was delicious and the lasagna was a very lalrge portion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- In a strip center????clevelander55Dined on 11/5/2014In going off of a Trip Advisor recommendation, we tried Capri Ristorante on a whim. Coming through the parking lot with Bentleys and Rolls made me wonder what we were in for, but the end result was a very enjoyable and delicious dinnner. Apps were outstanding; Great italian bread; eveyones entree's were delicious. The environment was very up-beat and somewhat loud with Frank playing in the background, but it really added to the experience. We dined in the main restaurant, so not sure what it would be like out in the "tented" dining room". Was a hang out for the rich and famous, as well as the common Joe. (Sat next to Jim Peterik, founder of Survivor and writer of "Eye of the Tiger). This is a great spot if you're in the Burr Ridge area!!!Special Features:
- AWESOME NIGHTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014The dinner, atmosphere and great celebration was awesome! I would highly recommend Capri in Burr Ridge!Special Features:
- Great SpotRickDined on 11/2/2014Very nice atmosphere. Food was excellent. Wine choices good. Service was excellent. Overall great experience. Will be returning.Special Features:
- Good food - good pricesreviewerDined on 11/2/2014Stopped in bar for a drink before dinner. Small but friendly bar. Service was good..........not great but adequate. Food was very good and generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overcrowded with slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014The food was very good, the service was marginal. Several times we wondered if our waitress had left the building! There are too many tables packed into the space, we were constantly being vigorously bumped by servers and patrons.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/23/2014We have enjoyed this restaurant many times before and will continue to go back. We had a birthday this time around and the owner GiGi came out and hand made a banana's foster tableside himself. Great eveningSpecial Features:
- Capri October 2014mikegDined on 10/17/2014Capri is always a wonderful place to eat. Great food good service. appetizer - grilled calamari was excellent - only complaint was the the entree - Parpadella Boscailola which is a flat pasta that has way too little veal in it - it tasted very good but for $19.95 a few extra slivers would be welcome considering full piece veal entree is only $4 more. Desert include pumpkin gelato with the cheese cake was excellent.Special Features:
- A FavoriteLisalisaDined on 10/16/2014We return time and time again. Never had a bad dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieVIPDined on 10/15/2014As always Capri did not disappoint. The calamari was cooked perfectly we ordered both the grilled and batter fried. The special ravioli had pumpkin inside and topped with a light sauce it was delicious! and as always my favorite Rigatoni in Vodka Sauce was as excellent! Our server was great, she attended to us but could see that we were catching up and did not interrupt our conversation. We had a sampling of their desserts and each one was great!Special Features:
- Outstanding Italian restaurantLoulouDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I were seated in the garden room, twinkling Italian lights and decor that made us think Italy. The food is delicious and portions are generous enough to share. We had the grilled calamari for an appetizer, the lobster diavolo for dinner, and, of course, tiramisu for desert. Our service was prompt, our table waiting when we arrived, and our server, friendly, professional, and efficient. Even though we were there on a busy Saturday evening, we were never rushed. Capri is high on our favorite list! Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corkieVIPDined on 10/8/2014As always, the food at Capri is consistently delicious. It truly is one of the best Italian restaurants in the area. My friend had the special of the day: pumpkin ravioli. Even though there were only 4 to the order, she said they were delicious. I had the cavatelli with spinach and ricotta. My order, on the other hand was so big that I had to take more than half of it home. If possible do sit in the patio area, which is enclosed for the winter. It is far brighter and more open that the tiny, dark, restaurant itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't go wrong at Capri!!SunnydVIPDined on 10/2/2014All I can say about Capri is that I feel like I'm walking into a relative's home the way they greet you when you walk in. I'm 100% Italian and I am very critical about the Italian food I eat out. Capri has exceeded my expectations in every way. Food is love to Italians and you can tell that they cook with passion. Every dish that I've tried has been delicious. The portion sizes are perfect.I come here quite often and my favorite waitress is Vicky. We even kiss each other hello like we're family and she takes care of you the same way. GiGi. You and your father are a class act. Thank you for bringing this restaurant to the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was very goodDewiVIPDined on 9/28/2014I can simply say they have one of the best alfredo sauce I have ever ate in my life. Their shrimp and scallop fettuccine with alfredo sauce is fabulous. The grilled seafood platter in the appetizers is also very yummySpecial Features:
- One of the best places in the areaToniVIPDined on 9/26/2014Capri is an outstanding restaurant with great food and good service. We've tried almost every kind of dish on the menu from steak to fish to pasta and it's all fantastic. The owner has been in the business for decades and his mother still creates recipes and is an influence in the kitchen - you can taste the quality and care in every dish. Our favorites - any past with seafood, Melrose Peppers when they are on the special menu are not to be missed! I love the pear martini and a number of their signature cocktails. Dine inside or outside - the experience will be great either way.Special Features:
- MuMuVIPDined on 9/25/2014Excellent authentic Italian Fare. Wait Staff ExcellentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/24/2014Awesome as usual. One of the best Italian places around .Period.Special Features:
- overall service was horribleWindycitygalDined on 9/20/2014Reservations for 6 at 730 ...didn't get seated til 820...no I'm sorry or anything from hostess...no where to wait gad to dodge staff for an hour. Finally seated, took waitress 20 to come to table another 20 to get our drinks meal slammed on table at 945...left at 1020 mist of us did not order dinner as it was too late and we lost our appetite. Nevertheless. ...never will I go back or recommend.
- mimsyDined on 9/17/2014Great service, nice place. Menu selection was great but food not quite authentic. A little heavy on the sauces as well.Special Features:
- I can't say enoughValueVSDealVIPDined on 9/14/2014I'm actually disappointed at myself for taking this long to find this place. This place delivers on every point:great service, amazing food, sizable portions, and a nice ambiance. What was shocking to us was we ate the night prior at a "4 star" Italian restaurant downtown and spent $135. The next day we had a family dinner here for 5 people and our bill was only $150. My only caution is book reservations ahead of time because this place is jammed on Friday and Saturday nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Dependable Italian!kepviolinVIPDined on 9/13/2014I treated my daughter to a meal at Capri and she was amazed at how good the food is from the crusty Italian bread and great Olive oil, to her salmon dish with a tomato risotto. I ordered the braciole with the handmade long noodles and red sauce and OMG! I took half of it home and ended up snacking on it the next day and it tasted even better! I have never had a bad meal here. We dined early, which makes it better than waiting for a table because we do not drink. Although, we each enjoyed a glass of chianti!Special Features:
- Love Capri!CollDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is my all time favorite. Found it a few years back and each time we go, I love it all over again!Special Features:
- BearsDined on 8/24/2014The food was good -- the restaurant was very, very warm air conditioning not working very well and our service was not the best. We didn't get any bread, refills for drinks, and I requested in the reservation that it was a special occasion and nothing was done for the occasion. Will not visit again.
- Great service and foodWallycatVIPDined on 8/22/2014Always great! I have been many times and the food is always great. Our server Vicky is fabulous!Special Features:
- Enjoy Meals everytimeTWAB3Dined on 8/21/2014I have eaten here sever times, for both lunch and dinner with friends and co-workers. Everyone enjoyed the food. The staff is great. It's a little bit of Italy.Special Features:
- NOISE LEVEL WAS AWEFULnot4meplaceDined on 8/20/2014We took 4 of our patients there for Christmas. Hard to hear. Sat in restaurant too, but petty loud. Wednesday night we went for a special occasion. Wanted quiet. Put that note in when requested reserv. on line. Ridiculously Loud...Ruined what was supposed to be a great memory for the 5 of us. Will never return, nor will group members. (All business owners in Burr Ridge as are we) Nonetheless, we tipped well as server was good, took our meals home, and left for Bakers Square. Had coffee/dessert and TYLENOL for headaches. Next time, if you can't handle the reservation request for quiet private area, please respond asap. At one point a drunk lady was going table to table with her friends screaming, high fiving friends. Good party place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicBirthdaygrrlDined on 8/17/2014I love Capri and have been dining at their restaurants for years. This location is fantastic - it is cozy, friendly, and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite places!DonnaVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food is always good! We usually make a reservation, as it's small inside and very popular. Love it!Special Features:
- Fab Food!TerribleVIPDined on 8/9/2014Wait was way to long! Food was great! Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Never a bad meal. And we are there often. The service is great.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/20147.95 for two meatballs each the size of a golf ball way overpriced
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014always great!!! Friendly service, great atmosphere and ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 183 reviews are from the Capri Ristorante - Burr Ridge reviews archive.