Capri Ristorante - Burr Ridge
324 Burr Ridge Pkwy
Burr Ridge, IL 60527Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Capri Ristorante - Burr Ridge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.capriristorante.com/index-5.html
- Phone: 6304554003
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00 PM, 10:30 PM, Sunday: 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Contact: Gigi 6304554003
A word from Capri Ristorante - Burr Ridge
Family owned, providing the best homemade Italian food with recipes by Mama Capri. The dining experience is warm and enhanced by the charming personality of Gigi Capri, son of Mama Capri, the owner. The restaurant caters and has private dining space for up to 100 guests. Our guests are family!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Capri Ristorante - Burr Ridge - Best Restaurants in Burr Ridge ›
Capri Ristorante - Burr Ridge reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (69)great for outdoor dining (46)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (36)romantic (28)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (21)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Capri October 2014mikegDined on 10/17/2014Capri is always a wonderful place to eat. Great food good service. appetizer - grilled calamari was excellent - only complaint was the the entree - Parpadella Boscailola which is a flat pasta that has way too little veal in it - it tasted very good but for $19.95 a few extra slivers would be welcome considering full piece veal entree is only $4 more. Desert include pumpkin gelato with the cheese cake was excellent.Special Features:
- A FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014We return time and time again. Never had a bad dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieVIPDined on 10/15/2014As always Capri did not disappoint. The calamari was cooked perfectly we ordered both the grilled and batter fried. The special ravioli had pumpkin inside and topped with a light sauce it was delicious! and as always my favorite Rigatoni in Vodka Sauce was as excellent! Our server was great, she attended to us but could see that we were catching up and did not interrupt our conversation. We had a sampling of their desserts and each one was great!Special Features:
- Outstanding Italian restaurantLoulouDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I were seated in the garden room, twinkling Italian lights and decor that made us think Italy. The food is delicious and portions are generous enough to share. We had the grilled calamari for an appetizer, the lobster diavolo for dinner, and, of course, tiramisu for desert. Our service was prompt, our table waiting when we arrived, and our server, friendly, professional, and efficient. Even though we were there on a busy Saturday evening, we were never rushed. Capri is high on our favorite list! Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- corkieVIPDined on 10/8/2014As always, the food at Capri is consistently delicious. It truly is one of the best Italian restaurants in the area. My friend had the special of the day: pumpkin ravioli. Even though there were only 4 to the order, she said they were delicious. I had the cavatelli with spinach and ricotta. My order, on the other hand was so big that I had to take more than half of it home. If possible do sit in the patio area, which is enclosed for the winter. It is far brighter and more open that the tiny, dark, restaurant itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't go wrong at Capri!!SunnydVIPDined on 10/2/2014All I can say about Capri is that I feel like I'm walking into a relative's home the way they greet you when you walk in. I'm 100% Italian and I am very critical about the Italian food I eat out. Capri has exceeded my expectations in every way. Food is love to Italians and you can tell that they cook with passion. Every dish that I've tried has been delicious. The portion sizes are perfect.I come here quite often and my favorite waitress is Vicky. We even kiss each other hello like we're family and she takes care of you the same way. GiGi. You and your father are a class act. Thank you for bringing this restaurant to the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was very goodDewiVIPDined on 9/28/2014I can simply say they have one of the best alfredo sauce I have ever ate in my life. Their shrimp and scallop fettuccine with alfredo sauce is fabulous. The grilled seafood platter in the appetizers is also very yummySpecial Features:
- One of the best places in the areaToniVIPDined on 9/26/2014Capri is an outstanding restaurant with great food and good service. We've tried almost every kind of dish on the menu from steak to fish to pasta and it's all fantastic. The owner has been in the business for decades and his mother still creates recipes and is an influence in the kitchen - you can taste the quality and care in every dish. Our favorites - any past with seafood, Melrose Peppers when they are on the special menu are not to be missed! I love the pear martini and a number of their signature cocktails. Dine inside or outside - the experience will be great either way.Special Features:
- MuMuVIPDined on 9/25/2014Excellent authentic Italian Fare. Wait Staff ExcellentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/24/2014Awesome as usual. One of the best Italian places around .Period.Special Features:
- overall service was horribleWindycitygalDined on 9/20/2014Reservations for 6 at 730 ...didn't get seated til 820...no I'm sorry or anything from hostess...no where to wait gad to dodge staff for an hour. Finally seated, took waitress 20 to come to table another 20 to get our drinks meal slammed on table at 945...left at 1020 mist of us did not order dinner as it was too late and we lost our appetite. Nevertheless. ...never will I go back or recommend.
- mimsyDined on 9/17/2014Great service, nice place. Menu selection was great but food not quite authentic. A little heavy on the sauces as well.Special Features:
- I can't say enoughValueVSDealVIPDined on 9/14/2014I'm actually disappointed at myself for taking this long to find this place. This place delivers on every point:great service, amazing food, sizable portions, and a nice ambiance. What was shocking to us was we ate the night prior at a "4 star" Italian restaurant downtown and spent $135. The next day we had a family dinner here for 5 people and our bill was only $150. My only caution is book reservations ahead of time because this place is jammed on Friday and Saturday nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Dependable Italian!kepviolinVIPDined on 9/13/2014I treated my daughter to a meal at Capri and she was amazed at how good the food is from the crusty Italian bread and great Olive oil, to her salmon dish with a tomato risotto. I ordered the braciole with the handmade long noodles and red sauce and OMG! I took half of it home and ended up snacking on it the next day and it tasted even better! I have never had a bad meal here. We dined early, which makes it better than waiting for a table because we do not drink. Although, we each enjoyed a glass of chianti!Special Features:
- Love Capri!CollDined on 8/29/2014This restaurant is my all time favorite. Found it a few years back and each time we go, I love it all over again!Special Features:
- BearsDined on 8/24/2014The food was good -- the restaurant was very, very warm air conditioning not working very well and our service was not the best. We didn't get any bread, refills for drinks, and I requested in the reservation that it was a special occasion and nothing was done for the occasion. Will not visit again.
- Great service and foodWallycatVIPDined on 8/22/2014Always great! I have been many times and the food is always great. Our server Vicky is fabulous!Special Features:
- Enjoy Meals everytimeTWAB3Dined on 8/21/2014I have eaten here sever times, for both lunch and dinner with friends and co-workers. Everyone enjoyed the food. The staff is great. It's a little bit of Italy.Special Features:
- NOISE LEVEL WAS AWEFULnot4meplaceDined on 8/20/2014We took 4 of our patients there for Christmas. Hard to hear. Sat in restaurant too, but petty loud. Wednesday night we went for a special occasion. Wanted quiet. Put that note in when requested reserv. on line. Ridiculously Loud...Ruined what was supposed to be a great memory for the 5 of us. Will never return, nor will group members. (All business owners in Burr Ridge as are we) Nonetheless, we tipped well as server was good, took our meals home, and left for Bakers Square. Had coffee/dessert and TYLENOL for headaches. Next time, if you can't handle the reservation request for quiet private area, please respond asap. At one point a drunk lady was going table to table with her friends screaming, high fiving friends. Good party place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicBirthdaygrrlDined on 8/17/2014I love Capri and have been dining at their restaurants for years. This location is fantastic - it is cozy, friendly, and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite places!DonnaVIPDined on 8/12/2014The food is always good! We usually make a reservation, as it's small inside and very popular. Love it!Special Features:
- Fab Food!TerribleVIPDined on 8/9/2014Wait was way to long! Food was great! Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014Never a bad meal. And we are there often. The service is great.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/20147.95 for two meatballs each the size of a golf ball way overpriced
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014always great!!! Friendly service, great atmosphere and ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeanneDined on 7/26/2014Outstanding authentic Italian food, never had a bad mealSpecial Features:
- Toich of ItalyJannieVIPDined on 7/23/2014Excellent buy for your money...great service and terrific foodSpecial Features:
- (:DarienDined on 7/16/2014Nice night out. The only negative is that it was crazy loud. Very nice, though. We'll be back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- JBSBZSDined on 7/12/2014Did not get to experience Capri because when we arrived just before the reservation time of 7:30 pm on Saturday they did not have the reservation on their books. I had received a confirmation from OpenTable and showed the Hostess. They told me the reservation should not have been accepted and they would do their best to accommodate us (party of 4) as soon as possible but it would be at least an hour. Not sure who's fault the mix up was but we did not stay.Special Features:
- Place to Celebrate40YearsDined on 7/12/2014The Inn is very cozy and romantic, The service staff is quick to attend to yiour needs and polite. Food is very enjoyable, always have had a very good tasting mealSpecial Features:
- MargieDined on 7/7/2014My girlfriends and I had lunch. The food was very good. Service was very good. Had a problem with the bill, had other guests orders on it but was straightened out quickly. Ambience is conducive for friends getting together as well as romantic dinners. Lighting was low, glad I had my phone so I could see the menu. I would definitely recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014We really like this place. It's the 2nd time we have been there. The food is good. The wine list offers lots of choices. We just love the ambiance. The decor is nice. I'm sure we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time but not the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/3/2014Our first time here and everything was spot on. Great martinis, good wine choices. We had baked clams and the roasted red pepper apps and they were just delicious. Our waitress was very friendly, did not rush us and gave good entree recommendations. We had the homemade rigatoni with vodka sauce and the eggplant parm. Both were very good. Cannot go wrong with homemade pasta. The menu is extensive and we will defintely go back to try other things. Our reservation time was honored but we did go on a weekday. The outside patio is very lovely. All in all a nice experience.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go againFreqFlyr2VIPDined on 7/1/2014A neighborhood gem that beats the big chain restaurants- like Cooppers Hawk and Maggianos. in both food and service. It's not Ambria , it's a great neighborhood place. A happy place . Try it- you will like it.Special Features:
- Always a GREAT MealdseatsDined on 6/27/2014The food is suburb...the service beyond belief....the management is excellent...and love the outdoor dining!!! You won't be sorry...you'll love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but horrible beginning!MrsSnowflakeDined on 6/23/2014Although 3:15 reservations made & confirmed via email an hour later, when we arrived @ Capri, we were told there must be a mistake because they don't open the dining room until 4 p.m on Mondays, but that we could sit in the bar until then; neither of us are drinkers! I showed the hostess our confirmation & she was clueless! She offered to check with the cook what appetizers MIGHT be ready for us to order, but only soup was ready-which neither of us wanted. No other consideration given. We were still waiting to be seated at 4:15 & started noticing others arriving & being seated right away. We had to go back up to her to be seated! Fortunately the food was delicious & our waitress very good--but the beginning almost ruined our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 172 reviews are from the Capri Ristorante - Burr Ridge reviews archive.
- borisDined on 6/21/2014food was excellent will go back again excellent service and ambianceSpecial Features:
- Rainy night no problemDinermeisterVIPDined on 6/21/2014Delighted with the ability of the outdoor patio to be shielded from a very bad rainstorm that arrived as we did! Lovely setting, good food, very good service, a bit loud, and in the end a bit expensive, but someone else was ordering the bottles of wine, so that may have increased our bill quite a bit beyond what we usually would have paid.Special Features:
- SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Don't you love finding a great restaurant in a strip mall? Capri was a great find. Be careful as there is an "express" restaurant in the same strip mall that I think does to go orders. But the real deal is a very nice restaurant - good ambiance and great foodSpecial Features:
- KatyDined on 6/14/2014I loved the restaurant; one exception a little to dark where we sat. Would request the outer dining area next time, or outside during summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.