San Antonio, TX 78209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cappysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2108289669x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Saturday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:30pm;
Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Ibarra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining upstairs in loft. Seats up to 48.
- Private Party Contact: Trevor Lawton 2108289669x
- Cross Street: Mary D
- Public Transit: VIA bus stop one block away at Broadway/Patterson. Broadway runs north-south from downtown to Loop 4l0.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking available all around the restaurant as well as street parking. Handicap parking available along the north side of the restaurant.
A word from Cappy's Restaurant
This casual, upscale restaurant offers innovative American cuisine including the freshest seafood from the Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic and Pacific, great steaks from Allen Brothers in Chicago, and regional and seasonal specialties. Daily lunch and dinner specials feature local ingredients whenever possible. The Heights burger can be paired with hand cut French fries, crispy thin onion rings, homemade lemon-pepper potato chips or German potato salad. There is an outdoor patio under a canopy of oak trees that's shady and extremely popular with locals and visitors to San Antonio. The brunch offered on Saturdays and Sundays features a menu of classic egg dishes, Texas pot roast, jumbo lump crab cake, seasonal "out of the blue" seafood entrees, entree salads, and Mustang chicken. Cappy's has an ever-changing, dynamic and well-priced wine list, with great choices by the glass or bottle. Full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Cappy's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Alamo Heights ›
Cappy's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (80)special occasion (76)fit for foodies (61)great for outdoor dining (59)great for lunch (49)great for brunch (44)romantic (39)good for groups (29)notable wine list (20)scenic view (9)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Never disappointshappydinerDined on 8/31/2014We try to make it to Cappy's every time we are in town. We have never had a bad experience. The service and food are always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LargefamilyDined on 8/31/2014Cappy's is our favorite restaurant for all the above occasions. The crab cakes are especially good.Special Features:
- Great visitresik8Dined on 8/31/2014Food, service, and experience were fantastic. Menu is pretty limited in terms of dietary restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Race you to Cappy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Had Sunday lunch at Cappy's. I can't believe I had never been here. The staff was attentive and quick. The food was delicious. There was a feel of having brunch after a regatta. Décor was not what you'd expect this far from the coast. The food was wonderful. Had the Heights burger medium, juicy and flavorful. Fries had a nice crunchy salt, maybe coarse sea or kosher. Wife had the crab cake which came with a nice dollop of guacamole. Wine was served at the perfect temperature both the white and red. It is definitely a place we will continue to go back. I want to try other items on their menu and want to review again. I'm sure it will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Cappy's food is outstanding, something that might surprise people who know how long this venerable spot has been around. The flavor combinations are both harmonious and original, and the meat is cooked beautifully no matter what kind. The plating is attractive as well. The waitstaff make you feel well taken care of. Dining out can be hard with food allergies, but Cappy's has instituted an "allergy button" so that special needs plates are prepared in a separate area. We had a nut allergy and a gluten-free diner at the table and both needs were well covered. There is also a nice selection of wines.Special Features:
- Hill Country PatronColeenDined on 8/24/2014Cappy's always provides delicious food and excellent service. The noise level, however, is almost always too loud to converse with the others at your table.Special Features:
- Another tryNBTXDined on 8/24/2014Hubby and I, tried brunch again and this time we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Unexpected findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014This was an unexpected find as we were in San Antonio for the weekend. Cappy's has a delightfully creative and tasty menu in an intimate old warehouse/barn in San Antonio. The chef's seafood special was a very creative take on Blue Marlin with Indian spices...I couldn't keep from mopping up the sauce with the fresh bread. Service was friendly, relaxed and attentive and kudos to our waitress who was well versed in the menu offerings and preparation - and very helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MSBillieDined on 8/22/2014As usual Cappy's was a delightful lunch with a friend that recently moved to Rockport. We recalled our prior visits that were always so delightdul. Food, wine & service perfect.Special Features:
- Always meets my expectationsKristyKay1Dined on 8/19/2014Cappy's is consistently reliable about reservations--no wait when I have a reservations, and the food is always delicious and fabulous specials added to the dependable menu.Special Features:
- Cappy's - dinnerweddinganniversarytripDined on 8/16/2014On arrival the hostess advised us that our reserved table was ready with menus on the table, however did not take us to the table which was very unusual??? Server and food were great with excellent recommendations provided. I would dine here again if I am visiting San Antonio.Special Features:
- CappysbruceDined on 8/15/2014The food was mediocre and the service was slow. The host did not log in my Opentable reservation even after being reminded of it
- Dinner at CappysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The service was very attentive and the timing of appetizers and entrees were perfect ...the bread was wonderful and we all shared a taste with each other...there were 5 of us and we got to the restaurant almost 30 minutes early and our table was waiting for us..all in all a great dining experience..fully recommend it.Special Features:
- rivercityjonDined on 8/10/2014Very nice spot for Sunday brunch. Never had a bad meal there and the staff is always attentive. Would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- An Enjoyable Lunch!KatyDined on 8/3/2014The food was delicious,the serves was excellent. We would recommend Cappy's to our family & friends for a great dining place, wether it be for lunch or brunch or even a special occasion we would highly recommend Cappy's. We went there Sunday to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary, we truly enjoyed ourselves. We will definitely go back again real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfunVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had a great evening at Cappy's. Our server Kyle was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Waiter MichaelBrunchtimeDined on 7/30/2014I took my nephew Marty Gibby from Atlanta and my friend John Castellanos from California (Actor from Young and the Restless) here doing a film to lunch and they had the Mustang Chicken, I had the Crab Cakes, the food was exceptional and the service superb. Our waiter was right on top of everything without being intrusive. The table we were seated at was not to my liking as it was by the cash register and I had made a reservation the day before but we soldiered on and it was all in all the best food I have had lately and I eat out 4-5 times a week. I unfortunately do not live near Cappy's or I would live there at lunchtime!Special Features:
- Always a Favorite Place for our famroping52Dined on 7/29/2014everyday is a good day to enjoy Cappy's RestaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceNBTXDined on 7/27/2014This was our second time to visit for Brunch and had a reservation, however, we were told that they were running behind and the area we requested was not available. They then asked if we would like to be seated in a very heavy traffic area, we agreed, and then noticed 2 tables in our requested area. We are still new to the menu and ordered the Sunday pot roast and the crab cake. The crab cake was a total disappointment. It is extremely small and was over cooked charred on both bottom and top. The crab was almost non-existant. To make matters worse, we were seated next to the stairs and experienced heavy traffic the entire meal. Our waitress was MIA. We had to request the hostesses to refill our drinks and request bread 4 times.
- DeliciousMonaDined on 7/24/2014My husband and I choose this restaurant for our 22nd wedding anniversary after reading the reviews. The experience was awesome, excellent service and the food was delicious. Try the soft-shell crab (appetizer).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillieDined on 7/22/2014I have been coming to Cappy's for a number of years. As always everything is teriffic. Of all the resturants I have been to, not just in SA but other places it is my very favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulfoodyinsaDined on 7/21/2014This is the 2nd visit for my wife and I. Both times for our 6th and 7th wedding anniversaries. Both times extraordinary.Special Features:
- Never disappointedHappyGourmandDined on 7/18/2014Keep up the good work. Always a pleasure to visit here.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014My husband and I chose Cappy's to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary at the recommendation of our daughter who had celebrated there the week before. It was delicious! I enjoyed my halibut and my husband enjoyed the prime rib. The salads were delicious and the wine list had a nice variety and price range. Our server was very attentive. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchbunchDined on 7/13/2014I eat at Cappy's once a month or more. Everything is excellent - food, menu choices, service, friendly. Owners and staff are excellent and caring.Special Features:
- will keep coming backBobbyDined on 7/12/2014What a wonderful combination of great food, wonderful service, and ambiance that will keep us driving in from Spring BranchSpecial Features:
- Expectations arenot metlevsanaDined on 7/10/2014We came to celebrate our anniversary and we expected to have a nice quiet dinner with music on background. Instead of we had a bunch of drunk LOL screaming inappropriate words. So, thank you for ruined dinner!Special Features:
- Presentation of FoodAlwaysHungryDined on 7/7/2014The menu has changed since we last dined at Cappy's. I ordered Scottish salmon, mashed potatoes and vegetables. The selection was served in a pasta or soup bowl, stacked on top of each other with the salmon being on top. I couldn't cut the salmon as it was emersed in the potatoes which were watery because of liquid from the salmon and vegetables. I gave up aafter 3 or 4 bites and went home hungry. Expensive meal to leave uneaten.
- Love CappysWenchDined on 7/3/2014Best red snapper I've ever had. We'll keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Need to Go to Cappy'sdjBCuZDined on 6/30/2014Finding a restaurant in San Antonio where the variety of dishes and culinary quality are at this level is a rare thing indeed. I took my wife there for our anniversary and the experience was outstanding. The staff was attentive and prompt. The manager was accommodating and conscientious. The decor was pleasant, and the chef was phenomenal. The menu was diverse and sophisticated, with a comfort quality to it. Great balance. Please check this spot out! You will NOT regret it!Special Features:
- A Very Happy BirthdayCherVIPDined on 6/30/2014What a great birthday lunch! My chicken salad with fresh fruit and mango gelatin was absolutely delicious, and my husband's steak was excellently executed-cooked perfectly, with frites that were the real thing. The special bread also made it hard to leave room for dessert, but we managed-an outstanding chocolate cake with ice cream! James was very attentive and made sure everything was special. We can hardly wait to return for a romantic dinner!!!Special Features:
- Loved it!DonJonDined on 6/27/2014This was our first time at Cappy's. We always choose a restaurant for our anniversary celebration we've never been to and Cappy's was highly recommended by friends. We were not disappointed. The food was wonderful from start to finish and the service was excellent. We will be going back and not just for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outDaveVIPDined on 6/26/2014Cappy's continues to be top notch in every respect. Great food -excellent service and just a fine dining experience. ThanksSpecial Features:
- delicious, great servicemk10Dined on 6/26/2014Thanks to our OpenTable reservation, we were seated immediately in a thoughtful area for our party of six. Our waiter was patient and friendly and allowed us to take our time and enjoy a pleasant evening meal with our out of town guests. The food was especially delicious and our guests were so pleased that they commented that Cappy's is their favorite place for dinner when they visit.Special Features:
- Always a great placetamatoVIPDined on 6/26/2014Cappys has continuously evolved with time to continue its wonderful culinary offerings. Pot Roast and burgers are wonderfully savory and a favorite. Their seafood offerings are prepared to perfection! And their salads are always pleasantly fresh. Of course their signature chocolate cake and the bountiful dessert offerings are always a nice way to end the meal. Aside from the meal, the service and ambiance just completes the whole experience. Highly recommended and very accomodating for gluten free alongside other dietary restrictions.Special Features:
- Exquisite food and serviceLucky1947Dined on 6/22/2014The brussel sprout and shrimp appetizer could have been a meal; the best preparation ever; highly recommend it. The scallop dish was outstanding.Special Features:
- Favorite Lunch HideawaySAfoodieDined on 6/12/2014Food and service is excellent with a wide variety to choose from. Staff is very knowledgable and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $10 Off Post CardTejawatersDined on 6/7/2014As a member of the birthday and anniversary mailing lists, they sent me the Subject: card and we were not disappointed. We had until November to use it, but do not procrastinate at our age.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CooterDined on 6/7/2014Superb food preparation and presentation. Attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesLargefamilyDined on 6/1/2014We have been customers for years.Cappy and Suzy know how to maintain high standards and consistent quality.Special Features: