San Antonio, TX 78209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cappysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (210) 828-9669
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Saturday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:30pm;
Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Ibarra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining upstairs in loft. Seats up to 48.
- Private Party Contact: Trevor Lawton 2108289669x
- Cross Street: Mary D
- Public Transit: VIA bus stop one block away at Broadway/Patterson. Broadway runs north-south from downtown to Loop 4l0.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking available all around the restaurant as well as street parking. Handicap parking available along the north side of the restaurant.
A word from Cappy's Restaurant
This casual, upscale restaurant offers innovative American cuisine including the freshest seafood from the Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic and Pacific, great steaks from Allen Brothers in Chicago, and regional and seasonal specialties. Daily lunch and dinner specials feature local ingredients whenever possible. The Heights burger can be paired with hand cut French fries, crispy thin onion rings, homemade lemon-pepper potato chips or German potato salad. There is an outdoor patio under a canopy of oak trees that's shady and extremely popular with locals and visitors to San Antonio. The brunch offered on Saturdays and Sundays features a menu of classic egg dishes, Texas pot roast, jumbo lump crab cake, seasonal "out of the blue" seafood entrees, entree salads, and Mustang chicken. Cappy's has an ever-changing, dynamic and well-priced wine list, with great choices by the glass or bottle. Full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Cappy's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Alamo Heights ›
Cappy's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (97)fit for foodies (83)special occasion (75)great for outdoor dining (62)great for lunch (52)great for brunch (51)romantic (38)good for groups (35)notable wine list (21)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Always my favorite place for lunch...bar nonePioneerDined on 11/24/2014Great options on the menu, all of which are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cappys brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014The food was good, environment was nice however we did not feel that the servers were very at tentative and took too long to refill coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2014My wife and I each enjoyed a different version of eggs benedict, and both dishes were outstanding. I was surprised how plentiful the portions were and the accompanying assortment of breads was very nice. The only let down for me was the coffee, which was drinkable, but not great (I drink it black). The patio dining looked very accommodating on a beautiful day, if you like that kind of thing. We'll be back to Cappy's for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertDined on 11/16/2014Because you have a reservation doesn't assure you a seat any faster then a walk in, or a quiet spot during brunch. Food however is good quality and service is good. For the price I think seating(atmosphere) is important and is neglected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes, but...CarisaDined on 11/15/2014First let me say we've been going to Cappy's for a number of years and they do a lot right. Interesting old building, original art on the walls, upscale atmosphere and food, attentive service. However, twice now we've had an issue with not being made to feel welcome at the hostess desk. The attitude was distracted, uninterested and not particularly friendly. The same applied to the young woman who took us to our table upstairs. As for our waitress, she was professional and efficient, but again, not particularly friendly. Dining out in an upscale restaurant is an all-encompassing experience where every detail should matter. While we enjoyed our food - the seafood bisque was outstanding, the roasted vegetable appetizer was delightfully unusual, the scallops with foie gras were cooked just right, and the flounder, though slightly overcooked, was tasty - we will not be going back for a while. We'd rather go some place where we are made to feel welcome and appreciated from the moment we step inside. It may be that Cappy's are a victim of their own success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!KatbrownVIPDined on 11/15/2014We spent the weekend in San Antonio celebrating our anniversary on the Riverwalk, but we looked forward to dining at Cappy's which is not on the Riverwalk. We actually had dinner at Cappy's (booked through Open Table of course) for the first time a couple of years ago and we definitely were not disappointed! Everything was as remembered and the food was outstanding. We devoured everything from yummy shrimp nachos, delicious soup and salad, fantastic halibut, and fried brussel sprouts (to die for). Dessert was coconut cream pie which was worth every calorie. You can bet we'll return to Cappy's the next time we are in San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatReluctantReviewerVIPDined on 11/14/2014Arrived before opening, but was allowed in, seated and made welcome until they could finish setting up. Everyone very gracious and professional. Food was excellent with many appealing menu choices. Service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticwanderingcrowDined on 11/9/2014Wanted to take some out of town guests out for brunch on Sunday but didn't want to wait until 11 am to eat. Cappy's opened at 10 am on Sunday so this was perfect for us. All the food on the menu sounded so good, it was hard to make a decision! Husband ordered the chicken fried oysters with gravy on a croissant. He said it was the best sandwich he had ever had. I ordered the Eggs Homard, a truffled scrambled egg, lump crab and buttered poached lobster tail, it was so rich and filling. The assorted breads that came before the meal were all eaten with abandon. Our waitress Cindy was very attentive and knowledgeable. Definitely will eat here again!Special Features:
- Great food & wineoutatownfoodieDined on 11/8/2014Loved the lobster mashed potatoes! Perfectly cooked salmon. Good wine list as well. The itinerant art was a nice surprise, it topped off the whole experience perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food was very good. Our waiter was excellent; he made recommendations and was extremely accommodating. The chairs were very uncomfortable, and the restaurant was way too noisy for the price of the food. The atmosphere was so-so, but our table enjoyed the food and there's a wide variety of dinner menu options. Hopefully the owner/manager will take this review into consideration and make a few adjustments to the customer's experience to make it more comfortable.Special Features:
- 1 Nov - Party of 3 @ 6:30 pmNov92013EddieVsDined on 11/1/2014Great food options on menu & specials. Excellent drink options also. Aryanna was a superb server. All drinks & food choices were terrific.Special Features:
- Upscale nice placeAustinFredDined on 11/1/2014Locally owned Alamo Heights standby, consistent food, consistent value, very nice settingSpecial Features:
- Delighted at this San Antonio gem!MIT1963Dined on 10/29/2014Coming from Boerne, we needed a pre-Tobin Center restaurant for dinner. Cappy's Restaurant was perfect, and we plan to return again before our upcoming Tobin Center events in November and December. The Divers Scallops and Mustang Chicken were both delicious with a beautiful presentation! The "Sticky Toffee Pudding" (one of our favorites we discovered years ago in England) we shared for dessert was also perfect. We dined on their lovely outdoor patio under the trees, where the service (friendly, helpful, and attentive) was also perfect! If you haven't tried Cappy's, you should make it a priority when you're in San Antonio.Special Features:
- A special placeCenTXGrlDined on 10/24/2014My good Army friends took me to Cappy's years ago and I try to visit when I'm in San Antonio. Last week I made a trip with my husband and we had dinner with my very good friend who has recently moved to SATX from DC. We were very pleased with our meals (flounder and prime rib) and my husband said it was the best beef he's had in years. Thank You - lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food But..txsckbDined on 10/11/2014Love Cappy's but when it gets full the noise level is really high--so high it is hard to carry on a conversation with your dinner companions.Special Features:
- Notable GemfishinrodDined on 10/10/2014Working backwards, we ordered two Sticky Toffee Puddings instead of one to share and well worth it. An excellent coffee. The Buttered And Bone Marrow Ribeye very good, locally raised...it's Texas! Diver Scallops, Potato Crusted Fish (Alaskan halibut) is very good. Other notables were the Endive Salad and Shrimp And Brussels appetizer. Very good selection of wines. Excellent service. Great to get away from the "downtown dining" and conventioneers, and where there's ample parking.Special Features:
- Wonderful place for lunchSAFoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014Great selection for lunch - soups, salads and entreesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amw42Dined on 10/7/2014As always, excellent service and dependably delicious cuisine.Special Features:
- Cappy's consistanly Great!roping52Dined on 10/6/2014hard to compare others to Cappy's. Cappy's always in our top two choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food - reasonable price!MrW78Dined on 10/6/2014A neighborhood treasure for decades, I was pleased to return to San Antonio after 35 years and find that Cappy's still continues to deliver quality food, attentive staff and a comfortable atmosphere - all at a reasonable price!Special Features:
- CindyDined on 10/4/2014atmosphere is very nice food is excellent so is the service. would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cappy's Never DisappointsCarleneDined on 10/4/2014When I planned lunch with friends I hadn't seen in 10-12 years, I immediately thought of Cappy's. It was everything I'd hoped for and more--impeccable service, wonderful food, San Antonio-style ambiance. Plus the on-line reservation system was convenient and trouble-free.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentSkyjaxVIPDined on 10/3/2014My family and I first started eating at Cappy's almost 20 Years ago. It is incredible to me that they not only maintain their consistent great quality of food and service , but also continue to innovate and keep pace with SA's growing food scene. So many don't get it right, Cappy's always does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cappy's is wonderful!LensloverDined on 10/1/2014We've celebrated many birthday celebrations at Cappy's and every time has been within Cappy's restaurant and we've loved every moment and every waitstAff. Thank you, Cappy's!!Special Features:
- Great foodBanditDined on 9/29/2014Only issue that the restaurant could do nothing about was the incesant cicadas "chirping." Other than that it was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great! We loved it. I had not seen my daughter in a long time. The atmosphere was fantastic. We stayed on the Riverwalk but found it too noisy and the food to be less than special. We loved the food, service and eveything about this restaurant. I definitely recommend to others, and I will be returning the next time I am in San Antonio.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Been to Cappy's many times for lunch and dinner. The food is consistently good as is the service. It has a great neighborhood vibe and a friendly feel. Nothing negative to report.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCld49Dined on 9/23/2014Meal and service excellent will definitely go again.😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still awesome!MrBoatVIPDined on 9/21/2014Every time we go to Cappy's we remember why we keep coming back. It never disappoints with fine food. Specials are always very special.Special Features:
- ReliableMyownnickname9999Dined on 9/17/2014No complaints here. Always reliable Cappys. Seldom a surprise.Special Features:
- ConsistentWESTEXUSDined on 9/14/2014Great place consistently on food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerLillyDined on 9/13/2014very nice experience, enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerHappyDudeDined on 9/9/2014I took my wife to Cappy's for her birthday and the food was great as usual. I have been to Cappy's many times and never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Another great experienceNca4731630VIPDined on 9/7/2014Wonderful food great service. Cappy's once again does not disappoint. The special appetizer was a soft shell crab... The menu should have said 'to die for' because it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a gemhillcountryvisitorDined on 9/5/2014Cappy's is one of San Antonio's really unique restaurants. The service and food are always top notch.Special Features:
- DallasdallasDined on 9/3/2014We love Cappy's. We moved to San Antonio from Dallas and a friend recommended your restaurant. We've been there for lunch and dinner and your food and service has always been consistently good, the best.Special Features:
- Never disappointshappydinerDined on 8/31/2014We try to make it to Cappy's every time we are in town. We have never had a bad experience. The service and food are always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LargefamilyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Cappy's is our favorite restaurant for all the above occasions. The crab cakes are especially good.Special Features:
- Great visitresik8Dined on 8/31/2014Food, service, and experience were fantastic. Menu is pretty limited in terms of dietary restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Yum EatswyattonlineDined on 8/31/2014Wife and I drove from Austin for Museum visits. Had brunch menu on a Sunday. Top quality service and food. A little bit pricey but worth it. Going back!Special Features: