San Antonio, TX 78209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cappysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2108289669x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm;
Saturday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:30pm;
Sunday Brunch 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gabriel Ibarra
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private dining upstairs in loft. Seats up to 48.
- Private Party Contact: Trevor Lawton 2108289669x
- Cross Street: Mary D
- Public Transit: VIA bus stop one block away at Broadway/Patterson. Broadway runs north-south from downtown to Loop 4l0.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking available all around the restaurant as well as street parking. Handicap parking available along the north side of the restaurant.
A word from Cappy's Restaurant
This casual, upscale restaurant offers innovative American cuisine including the freshest seafood from the Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic and Pacific, great steaks from Allen Brothers in Chicago, and regional and seasonal specialties. Daily lunch and dinner specials feature local ingredients whenever possible. The Heights burger can be paired with hand cut French fries, crispy thin onion rings, homemade lemon-pepper potato chips or German potato salad. There is an outdoor patio under a canopy of oak trees that's shady and extremely popular with locals and visitors to San Antonio. The brunch offered on Saturdays and Sundays features a menu of classic egg dishes, Texas pot roast, jumbo lump crab cake, seasonal "out of the blue" seafood entrees, entree salads, and Mustang chicken. Cappy's has an ever-changing, dynamic and well-priced wine list, with great choices by the glass or bottle. Full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Cappy's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Alamo Heights ›
Cappy's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (86)special occasion (74)fit for foodies (73)great for outdoor dining (54)great for lunch (54)romantic (46)great for brunch (45)good for groups (35)notable wine list (20)hot spot (13)scenic view (10)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great Food But..txsckbDined on 10/11/2014Love Cappy's but when it gets full the noise level is really high--so high it is hard to carry on a conversation with your dinner companions.Special Features:
- Notable GemfishinrodDined on 10/10/2014Working backwards, we ordered two Sticky Toffee Puddings instead of one to share and well worth it. An excellent coffee. The Buttered And Bone Marrow Ribeye very good, locally raised...it's Texas! Diver Scallops, Potato Crusted Fish (Alaskan halibut) is very good. Other notables were the Endive Salad and Shrimp And Brussels appetizer. Very good selection of wines. Excellent service. Great to get away from the "downtown dining" and conventioneers, and where there's ample parking.Special Features:
- Wonderful place for lunchSAFoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014Great selection for lunch - soups, salads and entreesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amw42Dined on 10/7/2014As always, excellent service and dependably delicious cuisine.Special Features:
- Cappy's consistanly Great!roping52Dined on 10/6/2014hard to compare others to Cappy's. Cappy's always in our top two choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food - reasonable price!MrW78Dined on 10/6/2014A neighborhood treasure for decades, I was pleased to return to San Antonio after 35 years and find that Cappy's still continues to deliver quality food, attentive staff and a comfortable atmosphere - all at a reasonable price!Special Features:
- CindyDined on 10/4/2014atmosphere is very nice food is excellent so is the service. would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cappy's Never DisappointsCarleneDined on 10/4/2014When I planned lunch with friends I hadn't seen in 10-12 years, I immediately thought of Cappy's. It was everything I'd hoped for and more--impeccable service, wonderful food, San Antonio-style ambiance. Plus the on-line reservation system was convenient and trouble-free.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentSkyjaxVIPDined on 10/3/2014My family and I first started eating at Cappy's almost 20 Years ago. It is incredible to me that they not only maintain their consistent great quality of food and service , but also continue to innovate and keep pace with SA's growing food scene. So many don't get it right, Cappy's always does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cappy's is wonderful!LensloverDined on 10/1/2014We've celebrated many birthday celebrations at Cappy's and every time has been within Cappy's restaurant and we've loved every moment and every waitstAff. Thank you, Cappy's!!Special Features:
- Great foodBanditDined on 9/29/2014Only issue that the restaurant could do nothing about was the incesant cicadas "chirping." Other than that it was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great! We loved it. I had not seen my daughter in a long time. The atmosphere was fantastic. We stayed on the Riverwalk but found it too noisy and the food to be less than special. We loved the food, service and eveything about this restaurant. I definitely recommend to others, and I will be returning the next time I am in San Antonio.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Been to Cappy's many times for lunch and dinner. The food is consistently good as is the service. It has a great neighborhood vibe and a friendly feel. Nothing negative to report.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCld49Dined on 9/23/2014Meal and service excellent will definitely go again.😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still awesome!MrBoatVIPDined on 9/21/2014Every time we go to Cappy's we remember why we keep coming back. It never disappoints with fine food. Specials are always very special.Special Features:
- ReliableMyownnickname9999Dined on 9/17/2014No complaints here. Always reliable Cappys. Seldom a surprise.Special Features:
- ConsistentWESTEXUSDined on 9/14/2014Great place consistently on food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerLillyDined on 9/13/2014very nice experience, enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerHappyDudeDined on 9/9/2014I took my wife to Cappy's for her birthday and the food was great as usual. I have been to Cappy's many times and never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Another great experienceNca4731630VIPDined on 9/7/2014Wonderful food great service. Cappy's once again does not disappoint. The special appetizer was a soft shell crab... The menu should have said 'to die for' because it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a gemhillcountryvisitorDined on 9/5/2014Cappy's is one of San Antonio's really unique restaurants. The service and food are always top notch.Special Features:
- DallasdallasDined on 9/3/2014We love Cappy's. We moved to San Antonio from Dallas and a friend recommended your restaurant. We've been there for lunch and dinner and your food and service has always been consistently good, the best.Special Features:
- Never disappointshappydinerDined on 8/31/2014We try to make it to Cappy's every time we are in town. We have never had a bad experience. The service and food are always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LargefamilyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Cappy's is our favorite restaurant for all the above occasions. The crab cakes are especially good.Special Features:
- Great visitresik8Dined on 8/31/2014Food, service, and experience were fantastic. Menu is pretty limited in terms of dietary restrictions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Yum EatswyattonlineDined on 8/31/2014Wife and I drove from Austin for Museum visits. Had brunch menu on a Sunday. Top quality service and food. A little bit pricey but worth it. Going back!Special Features:
- Race you to Cappy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Had Sunday lunch at Cappy's. I can't believe I had never been here. The staff was attentive and quick. The food was delicious. There was a feel of having brunch after a regatta. Décor was not what you'd expect this far from the coast. The food was wonderful. Had the Heights burger medium, juicy and flavorful. Fries had a nice crunchy salt, maybe coarse sea or kosher. Wife had the crab cake which came with a nice dollop of guacamole. Wine was served at the perfect temperature both the white and red. It is definitely a place we will continue to go back. I want to try other items on their menu and want to review again. I'm sure it will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsTexasTerriersDined on 8/30/2014Cappy's food is outstanding, something that might surprise people who know how long this venerable spot has been around. The flavor combinations are both harmonious and original, and the meat is cooked beautifully no matter what kind. The plating is attractive as well. The waitstaff make you feel well taken care of. Dining out can be hard with food allergies, but Cappy's has instituted an "allergy button" so that special needs plates are prepared in a separate area. We had a nut allergy and a gluten-free diner at the table and both needs were well covered. There is also a nice selection of wines.Special Features:
- Hill Country PatronColeenDined on 8/24/2014Cappy's always provides delicious food and excellent service. The noise level, however, is almost always too loud to converse with the others at your table.Special Features:
- Another tryNBTXVIPDined on 8/24/2014Hubby and I, tried brunch again and this time we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Unexpected findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014This was an unexpected find as we were in San Antonio for the weekend. Cappy's has a delightfully creative and tasty menu in an intimate old warehouse/barn in San Antonio. The chef's seafood special was a very creative take on Blue Marlin with Indian spices...I couldn't keep from mopping up the sauce with the fresh bread. Service was friendly, relaxed and attentive and kudos to our waitress who was well versed in the menu offerings and preparation - and very helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MSBillieDined on 8/22/2014As usual Cappy's was a delightful lunch with a friend that recently moved to Rockport. We recalled our prior visits that were always so delightdul. Food, wine & service perfect.Special Features:
- Always meets my expectationsKristyKay1Dined on 8/19/2014Cappy's is consistently reliable about reservations--no wait when I have a reservations, and the food is always delicious and fabulous specials added to the dependable menu.Special Features:
- Cappy's - dinnerweddinganniversarytripDined on 8/16/2014On arrival the hostess advised us that our reserved table was ready with menus on the table, however did not take us to the table which was very unusual??? Server and food were great with excellent recommendations provided. I would dine here again if I am visiting San Antonio.Special Features:
- CappysbruceDined on 8/15/2014The food was mediocre and the service was slow. The host did not log in my Opentable reservation even after being reminded of it
- Dinner at CappysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The service was very attentive and the timing of appetizers and entrees were perfect ...the bread was wonderful and we all shared a taste with each other...there were 5 of us and we got to the restaurant almost 30 minutes early and our table was waiting for us..all in all a great dining experience..fully recommend it.Special Features:
- rivercityjonDined on 8/10/2014Very nice spot for Sunday brunch. Never had a bad meal there and the staff is always attentive. Would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- An Enjoyable Lunch!KatyDined on 8/3/2014The food was delicious,the serves was excellent. We would recommend Cappy's to our family & friends for a great dining place, wether it be for lunch or brunch or even a special occasion we would highly recommend Cappy's. We went there Sunday to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary, we truly enjoyed ourselves. We will definitely go back again real soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodfunVIPDined on 8/1/2014We had a great evening at Cappy's. Our server Kyle was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Waiter MichaelBrunchtimeDined on 7/30/2014I took my nephew Marty Gibby from Atlanta and my friend John Castellanos from California (Actor from Young and the Restless) here doing a film to lunch and they had the Mustang Chicken, I had the Crab Cakes, the food was exceptional and the service superb. Our waiter was right on top of everything without being intrusive. The table we were seated at was not to my liking as it was by the cash register and I had made a reservation the day before but we soldiered on and it was all in all the best food I have had lately and I eat out 4-5 times a week. I unfortunately do not live near Cappy's or I would live there at lunchtime!Special Features: