Capozzi's - Decatur
1355 Clairmont Road
Decatur, GA 30033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Capozzi's - Decatur
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capozzisdecatur.com/
- Phone: 4044711655
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 4PM - Close
Monday - Friday : 4PM - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our Special Events Coordinator can help with making your event spectacular. The catering and banquet department offers a large array of endless possibilities.
- Entertainment: On Fridays and Saturdays, we offer live music which traditionally are piano, guitar, and individuals who write their own music
A word from Capozzi's - Decatur
A New York-Italian restaurant which offers Pizza, Pasta, and traditional NY Favorites like Chicken Marasla, Lasgna, Manicotti, & Baked Ziti. This traditional New York Italian establishment provides special features during the weekends with Steaks, Seafood, Soups, and Specialty Salads offered in addition to their present menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Capozzi's - Decatur reviews from OpenTable diners
- Two hours...really?OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2013After some confusion in the kitchen, my husband and I finally got served about 90 minutes after arriving. A neighboring table was given our order by mistake, and several other guests were complaining about food delays. The restaurant is under (or soon to be under) new management, so clearly there are some difficult transitions underway. Give it a month, and hopefully things will get sorted out. The food was tasty, so I'll go back, but not anytime in the near future.Special Features:
- Many menu items were unavailableRandiVIPDined on 7/12/2013Many menu items were unavailable (like, four). Food was delicious. Wine suggestion was wonderful. Server was lovely and apologetic. We'll definitely try again.Special Features:
- Good food but fair serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2013There were four of us and all of our meals were delicious, but the service was lacking. Our drink glasses were only refilled once and that was after they sat empty for quite a while and we asked for more water. We only saw the server when she took our meal order, checked back once following our entrees being served and then finally to bring the check.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last HurrahJTATLVIPDined on 5/27/2013We learned that Capozzi's is under new ownership and they are changing it to a different restaurant name and concept this summer. This is sad as we really like Capozzi's and hope to return there as often as possible before it closes. I recommend highly the pasta bolognaise. Spicy and great!Special Features:
- Dinner was to celebrate aluv2dineDined on 5/17/2013Dinner was to celebrate a graduation from middle school with grandparents, parents and siblings. We have enjoyed Capozzi's in the past and knew it to be kid friendly. We were disappointed to learn that they are closing. Our waitress was delightful - attentive but not hovering. Good suggestions and warm demeanor. The new restaurant replacing Capozzi's would be smart to hold on to her!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little hole in the wallOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2013Cute little hole in the wall Italian place. Relatively empty at 6 pm on a Monday when I went with a friend and her infant son. I can see how it could become crowded on a Friday night since the tables are very close together. Great service. Reasonably decent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The appetizers are good. TheLolahDined on 5/11/2013The appetizers are good. The Italian Margarita was a hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simply consistently great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2013Capozzi's is a 'staple' of our visits to Atlanta - 6 of us tried a wide range of dishes - everyone one was terrific. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy to help support Open Table onBubbie1VIPDined on 4/24/2013Eaten there many times before, but first time to get veal primavera. It was EXCELLENT!!!... And a huge portion. Cant't wait to go back and have it again. Salad was very good too... Quite ample and not terribly expensive. We went that evning because a portion was to go to Open Table. Missed the piano player that used to entertain with music we enjoyed. Will he be returning??Special Features:
- I am so excited to have foundOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/17/2013I am so excited to have found this place! Good Italian food for reasonable prices. Small, yet decent wine list. Cute decor. Bocce ball in the back, good bar, outdoor patio is great to have. I had the eggplant parmesan (soooo good!) and my husband had the sausage and peppers. We both loved our dishes. It is a lot of food, so we had plenty to take home. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- The food here is wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013The food here is wonderful and the prtions are HUGE. I ordered the Veal Parmisan. There were 2 large and very tender pieces of veal smothered in sauce and lots of cheese. I liked that we got a choice of pasta sides. Everyone at our table was marveling over how wonderful their food was. Our waiter was wonderful. We asked since it wasnt crowded if we could stay and hold our committee meeting there and he was very accommodating. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Very good.kathyVIPDined on 4/7/2013First visit. i'm picky - especially when it comes to italian. got the eggplant napolitian for starter. very good. was going to get the cheese raviolli, but waiter suggested i try one of their specialties. got the chicken marsala with a caesar side salad. salad was very good - right amount of cheese and dressing (for me). chicken was very good - not great - but very good. our waiter was great. friendly and knowledgable and came around just the right amount to check on us. noise was fine - we could talk in normal tones - even though there were a lot of people there. would definitely recommend you try it.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, terrific staff.sazuckerDined on 4/6/2013Wonderful food, terrific staff. I just can't believe the owners are leaving. The new owners will have a lot to live up to. Highly recommend the pizza and the meatballs and spaghetti (but get the spaghetti as penne with vodka sauce - its a fabulous twist on an old standard).Special Features:
- Oh,NO!!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/6/2013Hate, hate, HATE hearing of the sale. Hope, hope, HOPE things will continue without much change. We were sent an e-mail inviting us to come meet the new owners. We came, requested to meet the new owner who was there, BUT THEY CHOOSE NOT TO COME TALK TO US. SAD!!Special Features:
- Capozzi's is my favorite ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2013Capozzi's is my favorite Italian restaurant in Atlanta. It's in a vibrant location, in a great neighborhood. The atmosphere is perfect for a romantic dinner, a small group affair or a casual pizza night. The service is friendly and attentive but not intrusive. The veal parmigiana is fantastic. I've heard the pizza is great and plan to try it myself next time. The room is small so reservations are recommended on weekends.Special Features:
- Love their food!MikeVIPDined on 4/5/2013Locked the food! Some of the best Italian food I have EVER had! Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- We had a great evening attuckermaryDined on 4/3/2013We had a great evening at Capozzi. The food was very good and the wait staff was wonderful. We had a large party and they were very attentive.Special Features:
- Always enjoy the Seafood PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2013Always enjoy the Seafood Pasta which is very generous with the seafood and at a fair price. I would love to have anchovies on the Cesar Salad, as that is how it is traditionally served.Special Features:
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/26/2013I made the reservation for 6 a week in advance. Had to wait 20 minutes to get seated. Once seated it took a long time to get served. Although I saw at least 3 servers it seems like either they were understaffed or there was only one cook in back. Either way it took a very long time to get our food. Then when it was time to order desert they were out of cheese cake. Seems odd to me that an Italian restaurant would be out of cheese cake.
- Great neighborhood restuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/24/2013Great neighborhood restuarant in Decatur. Service was excellent; food was very good with large portions!Special Features:
- This restaurant was new toJTATLVIPDined on 3/17/2013This restaurant was new to us and decided to go on a whim. What a pleasant surprise! The potions are generous and priced well. The bolognaise was fabulous! We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Casual Italian dining...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2013My husband and I dined at Capozzi's for the first time earlier this week and were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is casual and the food reasonably priced. Our portions were HUGE and we had plenty of food left to take home! :) We will definitely be going back to try out other menu tempting items!Special Features:
- Capozzi's has improved inOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/7/2013Capozzi's has improved in many ways since first opening and now is a very good Italian restaurant and I believe is the best in the Emory/Decatur area.Special Features:
- Capozzi's is consistenly delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2013Capozzi's is consistenly delightful. The food is great and the staff are the best. Capozzi's is favorite with my family.
- We were in Decatur on businessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013We were in Decatur on business and made a snap decision and very glad we chose Capozzi's. Glad they had an informative web site.Special Features:
- Treat yourself and go Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/28/2013Everything about this restaurant was a delight, from our friendly and helpful server to the cheesecake dessert which was by far the best I have ever tasted in my life. I cannot recommend this dining experience highly enough- do yourself a favor and go now!Special Features:
- Loved the main dishes includingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2013Loved the main dishes including the marsalla and the soho, the greek salad was way too large. Food was delicious! Definately worth it!!!Special Features:
- Great Southern Italian in DecaturOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2013Wonderful NYC Little Italy Southern Italian find in Decatur. Not overpriced, nice selection,great presentation and attentive but not overbearing service.Special Features:
- Great pizza and pasta. ClosestOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2013Great pizza and pasta. Closest thing to New Jersey italian we know.Special Features:
- We have been to Capozzi'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We have been to Capozzi's several times and have always enjoyed the food and ambience. However, service has been marginal at best. On this particular visit the service was especially slow.Special Features:
- Dining was very nice. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Dining was very nice. Our waitress was very good. We enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- We have been a fan of Capozzi'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013We have been a fan of Capozzi's right from when it first opened in Decatur. We always order pizza and have brought our guests every time they visit (they, too, love pizza so we have always ordered two on such occasions). However, the pizza is not as good anymore. The vegetables are scarce and cut too big. We probably will be looking into a different restaurant for our future pizzas. Wine is very good, though.
- Very good food, attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2013Very good food, attentive service, reasonable prices and nice atmosphereSpecial Features:
- This was our first time toLB2466Dined on 1/2/2013This was our first time to Capozzi's and it was a nice surprise. We were looking for a new place and definitely will return. Food was excellent and very good portions. We have already recommended to other people.
- A lovely dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2012Capozzi's is a great value for a lovely experience! The main area had a romantic feel though well lit w/ lots of chandeliers. We elected to eat on the porch that was sealed for the cold, had plenty of heaters, kept us toasty warm. We walked through the bar area which was small, rustic, quaint. We had tortellini w/ alfredo sauce which was excellent, very cheesy, buttery. We also had chicken with roasted tomatoes, basil & mushrooms over fettucini in a creamy herb sauce. Very flavorful. Big servings, we took home one of the chicken breasts. 2 garlic rolls and a piece of bread were included in the meals. Our server was very attentive but not overly so. Wine list had some different choices though not extensive. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Always a successGBDecaturVIPDined on 12/31/2012Love Capozzi's. They serve good traditional Italian that always hits the mark. Also had some really good wine that is exclusive to their wine list - Primitivo. The kids love it too and I would recommend to anyone searching for a nice Italian Dinner. FOod ranges from Pizzas to Pasta to Veal Salimboca. This last time we sat outside so I knocked down ambieance a bit as the outdoor area is ok. Inside is nicer.Special Features:
- Very nice atmosphere and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Very nice atmosphere and excellent food and good wines at a fair price. Unusual in being able to accommodate families as well as couples out for a romantic setting, Capozzi's is easy to recommend.Special Features:
- enjoyed very muchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2012We celebrated Christmas dinner with our sons who came home from California for the holidaysSpecial Features:
- Capozzi's remains the idealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2012Capozzi's remains the ideal restaurant for any situation. Whether a family out night, a casual dinner with friends, or a romantic date, Capozzi's provides exactly the right ambiance and feel (with excellent food, of course) to fit your needs.Special Features:
- Always good food, service,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/30/2012Always good food, service, and fun atmosphere! Have celebrated many special occasions there as wel as regular dinners. Nice mix of families, groups, and couples.Special Features: