Capo's Chicago Pizza & Fine Italian Dinners
641 Vallejo Street
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Capo's Chicago Pizza & Fine Italian Dinners
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sfcapos.com/
- Phone: 4159868998
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 5:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Tony Gemignani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Capo’s dining room and bar is a private dining space that can accommodate up to 44 seated guests in the dining room, 11 seated at the bar, or 70 guests for standing receptions. Crafted after the landmark Golden Gate Bridge, our mahogany bar echoes art deco design, which flows through the entire restaurants subtle nod to noir. Capo’s is the ideal location for family-style receptions, birthdays, weddings, rehearsal dinners and team-building events. The restaurant is equipped with an iPod docked sound system and two flat-screen TV’s at the bar which can be used for video presentations. Our bar can be set up for your unique needs, be it open, limited host, or cash bar.
A word from Capo's Chicago Pizza & Fine Italian Dinners
“I want Capo’s to feel like a neighborhood place that’s been here for years, while also transporting guests to a moment in time when Italian-American cuisine began to form its roots in our culture.” - Tony Gemignani. Celebrating classic Chicago-style cuisine with an emphasis on authenticity and quality of ingredients, the menu dishes up favorites like true Chicago-style pizza served on four types of crust: Deep Dish, Cast Iron Pan, Stuffed, and Cracker Thin. Each style is made with Ceresota Flour from one of the oldest mills in Chicago. Capo’s signature dish is marked by the Quattro Forni pizza, taking Gemignani’s World Pizza Championship winning dish, the Tre Forni, to the next level by cooking it four different times as opposed to three; and is limited to 20 per day due to extensive specialized preparations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Capo's Chicago Pizza & Fine Italian Dinners - Best Restaurants in North Beach ›
Capo's Chicago Pizza & Fine Italian Dinners reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (28)hot spot (19)special occasion (17)romantic (16)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (6)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Awful pizzajohnDined on 9/9/2014Worst thin crust pizza I have every had, in addition it was $29 for a thin crust pizza.Special Features:
- First timers!SFdinerDined on 9/7/2014We saw a review in Sunset Magazine and were excited to give it a try! The service was excellent and we had the award winning Dillinger pizza. Cast iron crust is the way to go if you like deep dish. Very good and highly recommended. Looking forward to a return trip to try other Italian dishes. The homemade sausage looks incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014The whole experience was excellent. Staff is friendly and knowledgable. The food was so good. And the portions are very large. Excellent value. Will share things next time and we are definitely going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza Ever!!bellacucina55Dined on 9/6/2014Capo's far exceeded our expectations! This was one of the best pizza's our family has every had. We had the cast iron pizza, The Dillinger, that just won the competition in Las Vegas. Every bite was better than the last! We are still enjoying the leftovers and cannot wait to return. Thank you for a delicious, well-priced meal. By the way, we had a really nice waiter. He capped off a really nice evening for us!!Special Features:
- Cool spotYumguyDined on 9/6/2014Went here before a comedy show at Cobb's. Sizable portions, yet they don't budge on quality. HighlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not authentic Chicago Deep DishChicagoNativeInCADined on 8/28/2014Anyone from Chicago or has been to Chicago knows the pizza is NOT sweet. Capo's deep dish pizza is sweet and therefore NOT authentic Chicago. If you want authentic, try Gino's East (my favorite) or Lou Malnati's. You can order either online and shipped to your home so do the comparison yourself.
- Love Capo'sLoveCaposVIPDined on 8/27/2014Get the homemade calebrese sausage with honey and cracker think Michigan Ave pizza!Special Features:
- Simply AmazingCallMeTubaDined on 8/26/2014So I'll just start this by saying I'm kind of hard to please. This place was great. It was a cool vintage atmosphere. The waiter was super friendly and really helpful with the menu. It turned to be a romantic dinner and amazing food. I would highly recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:
- Great PizzaCindyDined on 8/25/2014Capo's was a great find. Their portions are rather large. We ordered the mozz garlic bread, artichoke dip and 2 cracker crust pizzas and we took a lot home for the next day. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Found Capo's after reading someone's review of a different restaurant. So decided to take a chance and was pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- BeateVIPDined on 8/22/2014We loved the speakeasy atmosphere and decor with brick walls, old photos, tufted red leather banquets. We suggested they play music from the 30's to enhance the mood. The Big Jim deep dish pizza was yummy with lots of filling and a crust that held up to the weight of the filling. We would definitely return. We saw salads and other pizzas at adjoining tables and they all looked lovely and were claimed to be delicious.Special Features:
- Awesome!YONODined on 8/21/2014Easily some of the best pizza I've had in San Francisco.Special Features:
- AWESOME!PIzzaVIPDined on 8/21/2014San Francisco isn't a pizza town -- we all know this. Well, this pizza is amazing. I'm going to say its the "Best in SF".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for deep dish pizzaFoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Good location in North Beach. We were seated promptly. The restaurant has a good vibe and decor but it's quite small, not many good tables for 2. Ordered wine by the pint - nice touch, water wasn't ice-cold - even better. We got the deep dish The Nonna pizza (with bolognese sauce), it was lovely and very big - we had leftovers for lunch and dinner the next day. Also tried their mozzarella garlic bread - the platter for $5 is huge. We were brought a free soup and bread also but didn't touch this in order to save our appetites for the pizza. They said it would be about a 45 minute wait but we got the pizza after about half an hour. I would love to come back to try the The Dillinger but my husband was put off by the cream in it. Recommended.
- Make Time for Deep DisheatmeDined on 8/11/2014enjoyed my experience here. Food was good, server was attentive and kind. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Delightful surprise beautiful spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/10/2014From the attentive service to the delicious food, everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised my sis and daughterMaryKDined on 8/7/2014and brought them here after seeing it reviewed on Check Please! Reservations were a good thing too, as the place was packed. The restaurant is smaller than it looked on the show and the bar was not as welcoming as I would have liked. Still, we got a drink each and then was promptly seated at our booth. Service was good, our waiter offered suggestions. We ordered the Caprese and Cesar salads, then margarita thin crust pizza. The caprese had slices of the mozzarella with what tasted like tomato and red pepper mixture in the middle. Different but delectible. The pizza was super thin, super garlicky and super tasty. We loved it! We left with smiles on our faces, slight damage to my wallet and knowing we will be back.Special Features:
- Best Pizza in San Francsico!DiscriminatingDinerVIPDined on 8/6/2014This is a must-dine venue if you're in the city and need a pizza fix. The "Quattro Forni" pizza with prosciutto is simply one of the best, deep-dish pizzas you will have ever...anywhere! I've had pizza around the world and this is the only one I've ever written about -- it's truly that good! We brought kids as well and they enjoyed the traditional thin crust pizza, but the deep dish was a real treat for the parents. The soup (served with every meal) and the "antipasti platter" we ordered were excellent as well. So is the house wine -- the Capo's Family Recipe -- which is a red meritage of 5 Italian varietals that goes very well with the pizza! I will eat here again the next time I'm in San Francisco, and I'm already missing it back home.Special Features:
- Doesn't take American ExpressAlfonsoDined on 8/5/2014A true gem off of Columbus. Fantastic bold flavorful dishes including thin and deep dish pasta. Mixed greens salad w fried cherries was a knockout. So were the pork chop and pastas. Pastas superior because they were house made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty italian treats!chambersDined on 7/31/2014The conchiglie with seafood is delish! This is my second time dining and I still love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSteveVIPDined on 7/24/2014Deep dish, meatballs and a Caesar salad, all were amazing! Another gem by tony! 5 stars!
- Great food, good value and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/20/2014We brought our granddaughters for a San Francisco experience after a performance of Beach Blanket Babylon. We found an extremely friendly place with great food. We had a thin-crust pizza with two different toppings and an order of eggplant lasagna - both were excellent. Our server made a point of warning us of the large portions so we didn't over order. Drinks are generous and prices very reasonable.Special Features:
- GREAT Chicago Style PizzaFogEfoodEDined on 7/19/2014Awesome experience. We had a table of 10 to celebrate a birthday and the staff was very accommodating but get their first! It's a tiny restaurant and the line starts at 6:00 p.m. There's also a 45 minute wait for the Deep Dish Pizzas so not recommended for kids who need to eat in a hurry. It's all about the pizza here!Special Features:
- The BestBellaDined on 7/18/20142nd time in two weeks that i went to Capos both time the food was outstanding the service was impeccable. The staff makes u feel so welcomed. love this restaurant.Special Features:
- BellaDined on 7/1/2014Everything about Capos was excellent. The lasagna was to die for. Clams casino were to die for. Enjoyed the experience. My friend was here from Boise they don't have food like Capos there.Special Features:
- Gem!Jo22Dined on 6/28/2014Last year we found Capo's from a recommendation. We loved it so much, we took the group here to celebrate my birthday. The food is delicious, the atmosphere is from the 50's and the service is out of this world. Next time we visit fan Fran, you can bet we will visit Capo's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go TonyDar4TravelDined on 6/27/2014I am a person who is really up tight about losing Tony's Pyzano in Castro Valley. I made a special point to visiting Capo's. Great experience. Way too much great food. Great chianti and super pizza. I would suggest a 9-inch pizza for an individual. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Lots-sa-sauceDavidCDined on 6/26/2014Very nice place...needs a little monitoring of the pizza sauce levels. I'm sure I ordered the pizza under there somewhere (Capos-Old Chicago Style), but not the three 16 oz cans of tomato paste literally applied to the deep dish. It probably a preference thing, so I don't hit them hard because everything else was above average.Special Features:
- Pizza and a showLafawnduhDined on 6/26/2014Service and food were excellent. When we booked our reservation we made it a point to let the restaurant know that we had tickets to a show at Bimobo's and needed to finish our dinner by 7. Their pizza pies take 40 mins to make but it's well worth the wait! I've never seen a or tasted a pizza like their award winning Dillinger. HUGE and delicious and plenty for a party of 6. They really take pizza making to another level. Their Negroni pairs perfectly. Absolutely superb and we're looking forward to going back again very soon! Great dinner and we made it to the show on time as requested.Special Features:
- Return Visit and not disappointedRaybo22Dined on 6/25/2014This was a return visit after a late night dinner the previous week....we LOVE this place! The food is phenomenal (as are the bar drinks....) The menu has a choice in every food group, the baked pastas are a meal in its self....There are at least 20 pizzas to choose from....but be careful, they are HUGE! SO very tasty and hand crafted, the pizzas are like none other! If you love prosciutto, you have to have the appetizer....they cut paper thin slices that are so tasty, trust me, it's a great call! The restaurant was jumping on a Wednesday night, make sure to make a reservationso you can experience this gem! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCaposWONDined on 6/23/2014Gentlemen on balance our meal was mostly acceptable. However! Having spent many years living in Chicago & being very familiar with Als Beef and MR Beef. I took exception to there claim as well as presentation of Italian Beef Chicago Style. I sent them an email explaining my position and to my dismay didn't even get an auto reply email acknowledging they got my email and would respond when practical. FYI the meat was not very tender or tasty. Based on this unprofessional approach I would not return.Special Features:
- Great dinner - friendly service.Jerseygirl13Dined on 6/18/2014The service was terrific. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. We had been many times to Tony's Neopolitan and wanted to try his other restaurant. We were not in the mood for pizza. We tried the chicken marsala - divine. We will surely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used Open Table (late dining)BetsyDined on 6/15/2014Because of open table reservations I got a call from a very nice and smart hostess letting us know that if we wanted a deep dish pizza that I needed to order by 9:30 pm. I knee we wanted one and I knee which pizza we wanted, I had the menu online, so I ordered that on the phone and when a arrived the hostess knew who a were and told us the pizza was cooking. Our waiter was good and was about to tell us the pizzas were not available because of the time then the hostess explained out food was cooking. Everything went well, we had a nice soup with tender fresh bread before our pizza. The pizza was huge and really great. We took most of it to go. I would like to go back with more of an appetite so we can sample more yummy options on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NAHIddenGEM12Dined on 6/11/2014It was a great experience, I look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyLikeGoodFoodDined on 6/11/2014Fun restaurant that serves yummy food - great pizza and pasta, large servings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HmmmDisappointedDined on 6/1/2014We spent $80.00, poboy sandwich to go, jambalaya, fried chicken, shrimp n grits, gumbo.the only good this was the gumbo, tossed salad that came very dry jumbalaya, n the collard greens. Wouldn't go back but if I did, all I would have is the collard greens, salad n the gumbo. Sorry.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014Wait staff was very helpful and friendly, great comfort food, well prepared, fun atmosphere. Not great for large groups, we had a party of six and felt a bit cramped. Otherwise, a great experience! We will return but this time with a smaller group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT addition to NBkarenwalkerVIPDined on 5/30/2014Old school feel with old school, top notch service. Best deep dish pizza in California by far. Housemade antipasti and Italian fare will remind you of the kind of food they ate in The Godfather. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DishesEdwardDined on 5/26/2014Every dish represented a new and delightful eating experience. I especially liked the garlic bread with "everything" on it. Simply scrumptious. Also try the pork chop in a rich sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mama Mia DeliciosoHayiiVIPDined on 5/25/2014Great food here. A good size bowl of Chicken Stock with some fresh pastas floating about compliments of the chef. Everyone gets this to start. Excellent homemade mozzarella on the Caprese salad . Chicken Vesuvio was delicious with lots of fresh peas. We also tried the homemade sausages. 4 large sausages were quite good but bordering on too spicy for my taste. The house made bread was excellent too. In the end we couldn't even consider desserts. Great wine selections too. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Capo's Chicago Pizza & Fine Italian Dinners reviews archive.