1500 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://capitolgarage.com/
- Phone: 9164443633
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday Brunch & Sunday Brunch: 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Clemons
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are a full service catering company. Please go to our website Capitolgarage.com for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining is perfect for hosting birthday parties, wedding rehearsals and many other events.
- Private Party Contact: Jerry Mitchell 8772758842
- Entertainment: Entertainment to please all tastes!, Dance Hall Reggae(Friday nights 10-2) to Karaoke(Sunday night 9-2). Check out Capitolgarage.com for up to date info!
- Special Events: It's that season again and love is in the air. We want all couples to come by to enjoy a great dinner. On Febuary 13 and 14 we will offering our Valentine's dinner. This lovely meal will include two salads, two entrees and a desserts. ($40 total)
A word from Capitol Garage
Located at the corner of 15th and K, Capitol Garage is within walking distance of the capitol, convention center and Sacramento community theater, and has been a midtown icon for over 19 years. The menu spans the globe and has an eclectic mix to satisfy your culinary desires! Chef Jonathan Clemons uses only the finest ingredients in his crowd pleasing dishes and offers them to you at an affordable price. Grab and go pasta salads, deli wraps and green salads are available for those who are looking for a quick bite, and be sure not miss our delicious selection of house made artisan chocolates and indulgent cheesecakes, and our Weekend Brunch is the talk of the town with mouthwatering items such as the Louisiana benedict with spicy sausage and our ode to Elvis Presley, peanut butter banana French toast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Capitol Garage - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Capitol Garage reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (26)great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (14)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)scenic view (3)special occasion (1)Show More
- great varietysacshrinkVIPDined on 9/21/2014Have a menu with great variety and very reasonable prices. Some of the vegan food is even tastier than the food for the carnivores! Always have some vegan desert options as well.
- Solid BreakfastMaxibarker1Dined on 9/20/2014Good breakfast food in a nice setting. Not a fan of open metal mesh tables. Really good spicy bloody too. Also, pet friendly on the patio which is a big plus when traveling.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and foodMidtowndinerDined on 9/16/2014We had great service and our food was so tasty! Great vegetarian options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh vegan optionsLuchaVegDined on 9/7/2014I love this place as it accommodates my vegan lifestyle as well as my carnivore friends...we are all happy! Menu changes based on produce. Love that they take reservations on a busy brunch day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okLuv2eatDined on 9/6/2014First of all I purchased a Groupon for this so the discount might have helped my discussion, that being said I wouldn't recommend eating outside ie flies and noise coming from the actual garage next door. The food was OK I might try the brunch next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary AnnNothingSpecialDined on 9/3/2014My hamburger was great and the french fries were very tasty. My friend had the eggplant wrap sandwich. Not enough eggplant, too much lettuce and hummas. No flavor. Nothing came with the sandwich. We went on Wed at noon. Not crowded at all. Sat outside, weather was nice. Our server very friendly. If you want a nice size and tasty hamburger, try the GarageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchCaroleVIPDined on 9/1/2014We've gone to Capitol Garage for a long time for brunch, lunch and dinner and always had a great meal. Well we decided to try some other places for brunch. They were good but never measured up. Missing Capitol Garage we went back and wow, what a great pulled pork brunch burrito, spicy, and just perfect. It's sort of why go other places. Their menu changes so don't just look on line. We've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedlove2travelDined on 8/24/2014The food was good but unfortunately the service was poor. We were seated on the patio and the restaurant was about 1/3 full. No one came to our table for 9 minutes. Once our server showed up, he was polite. Iced tea and water showed up several minutes later (had to flag someone down for sugar) but the glass of wine came much later. The busser walked by occasionally and we had to ask for drink refills. Someone at the next table had ordered a beer but it never came and he had to ask the busser to get it. Yet another table had to go inside and get their own To Go box. We had to stand up to get our server's attention to bring the bill. Understaffed? Cute place, decent food, too bad the service will cause us not to return again.
- Very Long WaitbobrwbDined on 8/24/2014We arrived at 5:15 for dinner and had drinks that were good and by 615 our meals had not arrived. We inquired and finally received our meals at 6:30. One person sent her hamburger back as not done as ordered and she didn't have time to eat before the show we were going to. My wife received the wrong fish plate entirely and the third persons steak was not done as ordered. My vegetarian pasta dish was unremarkable with mushroom stems that were too chewy to eat. Friends had recommended this as good place to eat before the play, but we would not recommend it for meals at all. The table behind us was also having trouble receiving their dinner. It may have been an off night and the waiter appeared to be new, but it was not enjoyable.
- HungryDined on 8/24/2014The beef was cookedn just right but the rest of the food was just edible.HungrySpecial Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We had reservations and were seated promptly. Our server was just awesome he did such a great job even though he was covering for another section!! The food was good and unique, unfortunately when the expediter brought it to us it was cold. So much so that the gravy on the biscuits had set up, she should not have served it that way, but the flavor was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Pre-Music Circus DiningLindaForThePeopleDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I had an early dinner with friends before seeing La Cage aux Folles at the Music Circus. The Capitol Garage was just the ticket (pun intended). We were early enough for Happy Hour, so shared the chorizo tacos, potato cakes, and asparagus. Delish! Our friends each had the Leaky Roof sandwich... also terrific. Capitol Garage has great local beers and I had a yummy melon margarita. Great service, very friendly. Originally, I'd wanted dessert but ended up being too full. Another time. We will be back!Special Features:
- Awesome!!foodiejunkyDined on 8/17/2014Came here to celebrate my birthday. Just brunch with some girlfriends and we had a blast. The bottomless mimosas were the cherry on top. Our service was great and I couldn't stop saying thank you because she was seriously on top of everything! Thank you, we will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Outstanding ServiceDONCVIPDined on 8/12/2014Enjoyed lunch at this downtown staple. Ample outdoor seating with great innovative menu options. Healthy, fresh and filling delicious servings. I will be going back.Special Features:
- Cancelled my reservationJimBeauDined on 8/10/2014Not sure why but after brunch I got an email that the Capitol Garage cancelled my reservation?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch before Music CircusLikeGoodPlacesDined on 8/9/2014The spicy pastrami scramble was good, as usual. I guess Saturday must be the day to dine here for lunch. Not so crowded and the noise level is more moderate. The horn sounding every time a car exits the garage can be distracting, but it was a nice day to dine outside. Thanks to Kari for the super service and the nice smile.Special Features:
- commentdowntowndinerDined on 8/1/2014We ordered our lunch at the time we arrived at our reservation (1:00 PM) hoping that we could speed up the process. It took about 20 minutes from the time of the order to the time we actually received the order. A little disappointed that the food took so long given that we had lunch after the lunch crowd and most customers had already received their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkaytravelingfoolDined on 7/14/2014Went due to having a Groupon. Food was okay, nothing spectacular. We went on a Monday night @7, place was dead. No open mic night despite what website stated. Overall okay. Food was good, atmosphere was cozy and temperature of room was freezing. We just put our sweaters on.Special Features:
- Yes Please!IamMiaDined on 7/13/2014Brunch here was simply phenomenal; we were sat within five minutes of our reservation, despite changing it at the last minute, the service was efficient, the mimosas were never empty, and the food was just fantastic. I know- it's just brunch, but it was honestly THAT good.Special Features:
- Good for KidsrossgalDined on 7/12/2014Capitol Garage has a special kid's menu and is a comfortable place to take children. They offer 10% off if you have theater tickets.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food was fantastic. They were understaffed and a little slow. Other than that out was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better food & Service than expectedzipalongDined on 7/10/2014After reading all the negative reviews, my friends going to Music Circus matinee were worried. The food was delicious, well served, not slow, attractive menu, etc. However, it was dirty outside, so we kept our hands clean and didn't touch much. If they clean and repair that area, it should be a great lunch spot.
- Busy at lunch timeSacvisitDined on 7/9/2014Good restaurant with good food, but not equipped to handle a large lunch time crowd during a convention. Our party of 8 waited an hour for food. Other groups at the conference complained of the slow service. Probably better before or between peak times.Special Features:
- SuncityredVIPDined on 6/29/2014Way too much noise for us seniors. Waited far too long for the food to arrive from the kitchen
- marjenDined on 6/29/2014Liked the food. Only complaint is it took forever for the food to arrive. Really, really slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and dirty, good foodmommserDined on 6/27/2014The good news- have the chorizo tacos. Delicious! The service was extremely slow. It took a good 5 minutes before we were approached by waitstaff. Took a long time to get our orders. Then we ordered another round of drinks to have before we had to leave for Music Circus. After 15 minutes we had to flag down the waiter to cancel our drink order and ask for the bill. The tables were sticky and the little flip easel on the table that advertised karaoke and other things was disgustingly grimy, like it had been handled by little kids with dirty hands. The menu was on a clipboard with old dirty pages that should have been reprinted and changed out last week. The burger was good, as was the brisket but it took too long to get our orders.
- Delicious!!!!AGlachDined on 6/24/2014We stumbled upon Capitol Garage for breakfast. It was very fresh and had great ingredients. The fresh fruit was berries not just the cantaloupe standard fruit mix. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchLikeGoodPlacesDined on 6/15/2014We thought that we would try The Garage after church last Sunday. My pastrami scramble with buttermilk jalapeños was superb and my sweetheart's eggs benedict were OK. Yes, we will go again even if the place is about as noisy as you can get. Dining outside allowed us to hear each other "Some of the Time".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun placeFatchildDined on 6/15/2014This place is great for Brunch, the menu is varied and creative. I ordered the Brisket Benedict and it was amazing. Eggs were poached just right. The salmon croquettes were the best I wanted to order it again. I love that they are generous with the avocado. The mamosas were really bottomless. The staff was great. The place is super cute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ExperienceColieEDined on 6/15/2014I took my husband to Capital Garage for Fathers Day and we had an absolutely terrible experience. The place was not even full and it took them an hour and a half to get our food. A table of 7 people who were next to us came in a half hour after us and got their food before us. This was after much prodding from our waitress to the kitchen. And the food was just ok. The potatoes were unevenly cooked and the rest was just ok. Then, to make it worse they said our bill would be discounted for our long wait... They took off our $5 doughnuts... Really now. Not to mention this wait also doubled our parking bill to $10.50. Overall just a terrible experience which was so unfortunate especially since it was Father's Day.
- Happy Hour on a Saturday!? Yes!BriElvisDined on 6/14/2014I have been to Capital Garage a few times and I love the environment, prices and delicious food. I have many vegan friends so that is a plus as well! I love that Capital Garage offers reservations online and HAPPY HOUR ON A SATURDAY! That is quite a deal! The cocktail shaker drinks for $20 bucks are perfect for groups if it's only 2 people it saves a lot of money as well! I love the asparagus, chicken strips were fabulous, chicken sandwich, side salad, steak bowl, yum!! Thank you for a great Saturday! Walking distance to the convention center and $6 parking garage steps away! If you are in a hurry I recommend that you tell the waiter ahead of time because sometimes it can take a little while to get the bill. Thank you Capital Garage!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodToozDined on 6/13/2014The food was Very Good, Casual sandwiches but very delicious, a little slow on the service, considering there was only one other table. Good for groups, would go backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014We chose Capital Garage because it was near the theater for which we had tickets to a play. The food was fine, the service informed and pleasant, the price reasonable. Not fantastic, but good (although the service was above average). My only negative comments are that 1) the paper menus were dirty, which wasn't very appetizing, and 2) service was attentive, but despite the fact that the restaurant wasn't particularly busy, it took a long time to get our food. Once it came, however, it was tasty and exactly as ordered.
- Great food in Midtown SacluvsgoodfoodDined on 6/11/2014It was ladies night out; going to see "Wicked" at the Sacramento Community Center. We were looking for a nice, yet reasonable place to dine before the show. Capitol Garage was such a find in Midtown Sac! The food was delicious and it was fun to sit outside and dine. I had the Sac Town Burger... absolutely yummy and very generous portions! The burger was cooked to order and the fries were seasoned and cooked to perfection. Even the side salad had a special flare with shaved parmesan cheese and homemade croutons. My entire party was very satisfied with the food, the service, the prices and the overall feel of the restaurant. We will definitely be going back to Capitol Garage on our next trip into Sacramento.Special Features:
- Consistently goodtericatDined on 6/8/2014We keep coming back with the intent of trying the other delicious and original sounding items on the menu, but inevitably can't resist our favorites from before. Even so, we always have an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- Great downtown dininginlight7diningDined on 6/7/2014Our party of 7 chose to eat here before going to the theatre. It's a funky place, with a menu that is a twist on American fare. Service was good, but a bit slow. I had a soda, but was never offered a refill. The food was delicious and prepared well. I had the chicken sandwich which was tasty and the roasted tomatoes are a great addition to a standard chicken sandwich. Other is our party enjoyed the caesar salad with fried jalapenos - a nice twist. It was my sister's birthday also, and they comped dessert for her, which was a unexpected touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 512 reviews are from the Capitol Garage reviews archive.
- DisappointedfoodieDined on 5/31/2014I came to this spot to celebrate my birthday. We all ordered the bottomless mimosas and we specifically came here for them. The mimosas were all orange juice. There was almost no champagne in them at all. We asked our server if we could get a properly made mimosa, he stated that the owner was there that day and that he would not allow for them to put more champagne in the mimosas. I was very unhappy with my service as far as that goes, our server was nice. Food was just okay. I would not recommend this place to anyone and wont be coming back here. If the owner is in the restaurant that should be more incentive to give your guests what they desire.
- loud and rather slowsacrobinVIPDined on 5/25/2014We had a group of 7 for brunch--service was generally slow at every stage: taking drink orders, taking food orders, bringing the check. And we never got refills on water or coffee. It's very loud inside; we would've sat outside but the patio can't accommodate a large group. The food was good but not spectacular. Biscuit sliders were a bit dry, and the biscuit would've been better as a side for another dish rather than a slider bun as it fell apart almost immediately. The pork rancheros dish was very tasty; benedicts were good as well. The potatoes were just okay. The fruit plate had a nice variety of fresh ripe fruit.
- Service was poorGreenbrierDined on 5/25/2014Took 58 minutes for us to receive our breakfast order. Service was very poor. Daughter had to ask for water refill 3 times before receiving a refill. After meal was over we asked for a container to take our leftovers home but after waiting 10 to 15 minutes for a container we gave up and just left. Have eaten at this restaurant several times before and have not had a problem. I think it was our waitress that caused the problem. Wish I had gotten her name.Special Features:
- Amazing!TwistedknickersDined on 5/24/2014Great atmosphere, fantastic food, absolutely WONDERFUL staff! Capitol Garage is now my 1# go-to restaurant! Am raving about them to everybody!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.