1500 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://capitolgarage.com/
- Phone: (916) 444-3633
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday Brunch & Sunday Brunch: 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Jonathan Clemons
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are a full service catering company. Please go to our website Capitolgarage.com for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining is perfect for hosting birthday parties, wedding rehearsals and many other events.
- Private Party Contact: Jerry Mitchell 8772758842
- Entertainment: Entertainment to please all tastes!, Dance Hall Reggae(Friday nights 10-2) to Karaoke(Sunday night 9-2). Check out Capitolgarage.com for up to date info!
- Special Events: It's that season again and love is in the air. We want all couples to come by to enjoy a great dinner. On Febuary 13 and 14 we will offering our Valentine's dinner. This lovely meal will include two salads, two entrees and a desserts. ($40 total)
A word from Capitol Garage
Located at the corner of 15th and K, Capitol Garage is within walking distance of the capitol, convention center and Sacramento community theater, and has been a midtown icon for over 19 years. The menu spans the globe and has an eclectic mix to satisfy your culinary desires! Chef Jonathan Clemons uses only the finest ingredients in his crowd pleasing dishes and offers them to you at an affordable price. Grab and go pasta salads, deli wraps and green salads are available for those who are looking for a quick bite, and be sure not miss our delicious selection of house made artisan chocolates and indulgent cheesecakes, and our Weekend Brunch is the talk of the town with mouthwatering items such as the Louisiana benedict with spicy sausage and our ode to Elvis Presley, peanut butter banana French toast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Capitol Garage - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Capitol Garage reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (26)great for outdoor dining (22)great for lunch (21)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (11)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Lunch was great - limited menu, but not problem finding something delish. Great atmosphere - a lot of fun. Great staff -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick walk to the Community Center!LocalsDined on 11/20/2014We enjoyed a relaxing dinner here and had fabulous service! Both the hostess and waitress were delightful and very attentive. Our meals were satisfying. The steelhead dinner was absolutely amazing! The chicken strip appetizer plate was brimming and plenty for four. We would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy as alwaystericatDined on 11/16/2014The food and service were outstanding as they always have been (although they removed one of our favorite items---the pastrami hash---from the menu). The only thing downside here is that the noise level is deafening. It may have been worse than usual because it is winter and so no one was eating outside and the doors were closed. The food though is so delicious, filling, and satisfying that brunch was the only meal I ate that day. And you'll be hard pressed to find friendlier and more helpful servers anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats!midtownerVIPDined on 11/9/2014Once again, good eats from the folks at Capitol Garage. Save room for a wonderful dessert too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for theater nightwineranddinerDined on 11/6/2014Capitol Garage is close to the Sacramento Community Theater, so we made a reservation before going to see Jersey Boys. The food was great, the service friendly and excellent, and the prices reasonable. Good vegetarian options and fun drinks. We ordered some of the bowls--I had the vegetarian curry bowl, another member of our party had the apricot habenero chicken bowl and another the king mushroom bowl. Everybody was quite happy with the food and the drinks. I love Capitol Garage for breakfast but had never been there for dinner. It did not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & beer!HappyfoodieDined on 11/6/2014We always go to the Capitol Garage for dinner before going to a show at the Sac. Convention Center or Music Circus. The food and beer is great and always fast service! We have never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy with great serviceBaygirlDined on 11/2/2014The food was fine but not outstanding. The service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegan optionssacshrinkVIPDined on 10/31/2014Despite always having some great vegan options, having even more choices for the Vegan Chef Challenge was wonderful! (Carnivorous food is great too)
- Good vegan grubwasabikamDined on 10/23/2014I chose Capitol Garage because they participate in the Vegan Chef Challenge & I wanted to take my omnivore friend, who lives out of town, to a fun downtown restaurant for lunch. The sides of the restaurant that face the street have giant garage doors that open & 2 patio areas. I had the main course offering for the Vegan Chef Challenge, a cauliflower steak & BBQ beets. The BBQ sauce had a wonderful kick, & there was plenty of food, artfully presented. I managed to find a bit of room for a delicious vegan coconut almond candy bar, too. ;-) My friend had a grilled chicken sandwich with fries & a huge peanut butter cookie, & he went away full & happy. Our server was knowledgeable, smart, & so funny! It was my first time there, & I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad foodluv2dine2Dined on 10/21/2014The steak was over seasoned, veggies soggy, and the mushrooms rubbery.
- Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I took our friends there last Saturday night and had a great time. The drinks were delicious, the food was yummy, and we had an awesome waiter! We always enjoy our evenings when we go to Capital Garage!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmyLDined on 10/2/2014Excellent food and service was great too. Sat outside but still experience the ambience and noise level was not so loud that I couldn't carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Mechanics Specialislands42Dined on 9/29/2014Just like a car mechanic must have the right tools in the box to fix the issue of a poor performing car, the folk at Capitol Garage have the right mix of foods and beverage to get you back in the groove to end an afternoon or polish of a great evening. Relaxed, casual and unique, you can loosen your collar and tie, un-cinch the belt from the skirt or drop the panty hose and let the fun menu and cosmopolitan beverage choices lubricate or tune you up for another run at life.Special Features:
- great varietysacshrinkVIPDined on 9/21/2014Have a menu with great variety and very reasonable prices. Some of the vegan food is even tastier than the food for the carnivores! Always have some vegan desert options as well.
- Solid BreakfastMaxibarker1Dined on 9/20/2014Good breakfast food in a nice setting. Not a fan of open metal mesh tables. Really good spicy bloody too. Also, pet friendly on the patio which is a big plus when traveling.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and foodMidtowndinerDined on 9/16/2014We had great service and our food was so tasty! Great vegetarian options!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh vegan optionsLuchaVegDined on 9/7/2014I love this place as it accommodates my vegan lifestyle as well as my carnivore friends...we are all happy! Menu changes based on produce. Love that they take reservations on a busy brunch day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okLuv2eatDined on 9/6/2014First of all I purchased a Groupon for this so the discount might have helped my discussion, that being said I wouldn't recommend eating outside ie flies and noise coming from the actual garage next door. The food was OK I might try the brunch next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary AnnNothingSpecialDined on 9/3/2014My hamburger was great and the french fries were very tasty. My friend had the eggplant wrap sandwich. Not enough eggplant, too much lettuce and hummas. No flavor. Nothing came with the sandwich. We went on Wed at noon. Not crowded at all. Sat outside, weather was nice. Our server very friendly. If you want a nice size and tasty hamburger, try the GarageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchCaroleVIPDined on 9/1/2014We've gone to Capitol Garage for a long time for brunch, lunch and dinner and always had a great meal. Well we decided to try some other places for brunch. They were good but never measured up. Missing Capitol Garage we went back and wow, what a great pulled pork brunch burrito, spicy, and just perfect. It's sort of why go other places. Their menu changes so don't just look on line. We've never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedlove2travelDined on 8/24/2014The food was good but unfortunately the service was poor. We were seated on the patio and the restaurant was about 1/3 full. No one came to our table for 9 minutes. Once our server showed up, he was polite. Iced tea and water showed up several minutes later (had to flag someone down for sugar) but the glass of wine came much later. The busser walked by occasionally and we had to ask for drink refills. Someone at the next table had ordered a beer but it never came and he had to ask the busser to get it. Yet another table had to go inside and get their own To Go box. We had to stand up to get our server's attention to bring the bill. Understaffed? Cute place, decent food, too bad the service will cause us not to return again.
- Very Long WaitbobrwbVIPDined on 8/24/2014We arrived at 5:15 for dinner and had drinks that were good and by 615 our meals had not arrived. We inquired and finally received our meals at 6:30. One person sent her hamburger back as not done as ordered and she didn't have time to eat before the show we were going to. My wife received the wrong fish plate entirely and the third persons steak was not done as ordered. My vegetarian pasta dish was unremarkable with mushroom stems that were too chewy to eat. Friends had recommended this as good place to eat before the play, but we would not recommend it for meals at all. The table behind us was also having trouble receiving their dinner. It may have been an off night and the waiter appeared to be new, but it was not enjoyable.
- HungryDined on 8/24/2014The beef was cookedn just right but the rest of the food was just edible.HungrySpecial Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We had reservations and were seated promptly. Our server was just awesome he did such a great job even though he was covering for another section!! The food was good and unique, unfortunately when the expediter brought it to us it was cold. So much so that the gravy on the biscuits had set up, she should not have served it that way, but the flavor was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Pre-Music Circus DiningLindaForThePeopleDined on 8/19/2014My husband and I had an early dinner with friends before seeing La Cage aux Folles at the Music Circus. The Capitol Garage was just the ticket (pun intended). We were early enough for Happy Hour, so shared the chorizo tacos, potato cakes, and asparagus. Delish! Our friends each had the Leaky Roof sandwich... also terrific. Capitol Garage has great local beers and I had a yummy melon margarita. Great service, very friendly. Originally, I'd wanted dessert but ended up being too full. Another time. We will be back!Special Features:
- Awesome!!foodiejunkyDined on 8/17/2014Came here to celebrate my birthday. Just brunch with some girlfriends and we had a blast. The bottomless mimosas were the cherry on top. Our service was great and I couldn't stop saying thank you because she was seriously on top of everything! Thank you, we will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Outstanding ServiceDONCVIPDined on 8/12/2014Enjoyed lunch at this downtown staple. Ample outdoor seating with great innovative menu options. Healthy, fresh and filling delicious servings. I will be going back.Special Features:
- Cancelled my reservationJimBeauDined on 8/10/2014Not sure why but after brunch I got an email that the Capitol Garage cancelled my reservation?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch before Music CircusLikeGoodPlacesVIPDined on 8/9/2014The spicy pastrami scramble was good, as usual. I guess Saturday must be the day to dine here for lunch. Not so crowded and the noise level is more moderate. The horn sounding every time a car exits the garage can be distracting, but it was a nice day to dine outside. Thanks to Kari for the super service and the nice smile.Special Features:
- commentdowntowndinerDined on 8/1/2014We ordered our lunch at the time we arrived at our reservation (1:00 PM) hoping that we could speed up the process. It took about 20 minutes from the time of the order to the time we actually received the order. A little disappointed that the food took so long given that we had lunch after the lunch crowd and most customers had already received their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 531 reviews are from the Capitol Garage reviews archive.
- OkaytravelingfoolDined on 7/14/2014Went due to having a Groupon. Food was okay, nothing spectacular. We went on a Monday night @7, place was dead. No open mic night despite what website stated. Overall okay. Food was good, atmosphere was cozy and temperature of room was freezing. We just put our sweaters on.Special Features:
- Yes Please!IamMiaDined on 7/13/2014Brunch here was simply phenomenal; we were sat within five minutes of our reservation, despite changing it at the last minute, the service was efficient, the mimosas were never empty, and the food was just fantastic. I know- it's just brunch, but it was honestly THAT good.Special Features:
- Good for KidsrossgalDined on 7/12/2014Capitol Garage has a special kid's menu and is a comfortable place to take children. They offer 10% off if you have theater tickets.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014The food was fantastic. They were understaffed and a little slow. Other than that out was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better food & Service than expectedzipalongDined on 7/10/2014After reading all the negative reviews, my friends going to Music Circus matinee were worried. The food was delicious, well served, not slow, attractive menu, etc. However, it was dirty outside, so we kept our hands clean and didn't touch much. If they clean and repair that area, it should be a great lunch spot.
- Busy at lunch timeSacvisitDined on 7/9/2014Good restaurant with good food, but not equipped to handle a large lunch time crowd during a convention. Our party of 8 waited an hour for food. Other groups at the conference complained of the slow service. Probably better before or between peak times.Special Features:
- SuncityredVIPDined on 6/29/2014Way too much noise for us seniors. Waited far too long for the food to arrive from the kitchen
- marjenDined on 6/29/2014Liked the food. Only complaint is it took forever for the food to arrive. Really, really slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and dirty, good foodmommserDined on 6/27/2014The good news- have the chorizo tacos. Delicious! The service was extremely slow. It took a good 5 minutes before we were approached by waitstaff. Took a long time to get our orders. Then we ordered another round of drinks to have before we had to leave for Music Circus. After 15 minutes we had to flag down the waiter to cancel our drink order and ask for the bill. The tables were sticky and the little flip easel on the table that advertised karaoke and other things was disgustingly grimy, like it had been handled by little kids with dirty hands. The menu was on a clipboard with old dirty pages that should have been reprinted and changed out last week. The burger was good, as was the brisket but it took too long to get our orders.
- Delicious!!!!AGlachDined on 6/24/2014We stumbled upon Capitol Garage for breakfast. It was very fresh and had great ingredients. The fresh fruit was berries not just the cantaloupe standard fruit mix. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.