Capitol City Brewing Company - Arlington
4001 Campbell Avenue
Arlington, VA 22206Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Capitol City Brewing Company - Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capcitybrew.com/
- Phone: (703) 578-3888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Freddie Henandez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Large screen flat TV's showing your favorite sports and news.
A word from Capitol City Brewing Company - Arlington
Capitol City Brewing Company at the village of Shirlington in Arlington Virginia. This brewery features an on site state of the art brewery viewed from the side walk as well as the private brewers room. The restaurant features signature brews as well as fresh American cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Capitol City Brewing Company - Arlington - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Capitol City Brewing Company - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (17)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (4)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great BeerkeykeyDined on 10/25/2014We well be back for the beer. It's soooo good. The food wasn't bad either. Brew lovers this is your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOldPugVADined on 10/22/2014Good service and friendly staff. Good selection of beers and appetizers. Happy hour a grey time to visit and catch up with friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jp1234Dined on 10/18/2014Service was fine. Burgers were good. My cubano was awefull.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dontmakefoodmakerezdontmakefoodmakerezVIPDined on 10/13/2014Brian was a very nice waiter. I just had wings and the pretzels and they were just ok.
- Too noisy for conversationFoodie200VIPDined on 10/5/2014We like the food, but on a Sunday afternoon it was far too noisy to hold a conversation. We tried to get seated as far from the bar as possible, but the wait staff had other plans.
- First TimeReynoldsVIPDined on 10/1/2014Won't be my last! Great Cobb Salad and extraordinary service!!Special Features:
- Capitol City Brew PubdadsdontroqDined on 9/18/2014We went to Capitol City Brewing Company for the good food and excellent beer, mostly for the beer. Good selection of beer, excellent price (happy hour special $2.50/pint). Food was good, and reasonably priced. Service was terrific.Special Features:
- Loved itGunzarchitectDined on 8/15/2014It was a great experience, and I'd love to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed opportunities - not specialBeenaroundDined on 7/26/2014One member in our party of four received potatoes instead of rice, contrary to the menu's description. Vegetables were primarily carrots. The server apologized for the kitchen's error and brought rice separately--after a wait of several minutes. Food was not memorable.
- The following 208 reviews are from the Capitol City Brewing Company - Arlington reviews archive.
- Decent Food - Good LocationChicchickVIPDined on 7/12/2014Met a girlfriend here and we sat outside. The only thing was there was not enough shade, wish they had umbrellas out to provide more shade but the sun kept creeping in. It was early July so not too terribly hot but under the beating sun it become a little unbearable. We had the veggie burgers - which were good and crumbly but yummy. The fries were okay. Service was solid and noise level was appropriate for outdoor seating - not too loud. It is in Shirlington so expect dogs everywhere and if you don't like them, sit close to the building otherwise they will stop and bug you.Special Features:
- Just OkBadgerJerDined on 6/25/2014The food was pretty good, but the value wasn't great - overpriced. I enjoyed the ribs and would recommend them! My wife liked the fish tacos. My son enjoyed his grilled steak salad and it looked good. The kids mini corn dogs were a big hit, but likely came out of a box from Costco and the kids mac & cheese was Kraft straight from the box. No fruit side was available for kids. For being a brewery, the beer was very mediocre. I had the sampler, which included their 4 core beers and one specialty. The Kolsch was ok but the others were less notable. So much so that I can barely recall them 3 days later. The server was pleasant, but seemed annoyed and rolled her eyes when we asked for a to go box for our fries. Overall she did a good job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night treatstapelzVIPDined on 6/18/2014Thoroughly surprised at how good the nachos were! Our server was super friendly on the patio and served up some great beer. The red wheat n blue is worth a trySpecial Features:
- Brunch was very busyimissneworleansDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed brunch on Sunday, but the wait staff seemed a bit overwhelmed with the Father's Day crowd when we arrived at Noon (fortunately we had a reservation). Things took a little while to arrive and we had to request silverware after our food arrived, while the table next to us had to borrow our salt. Otherwise, we love the al fresco dining and the brunch is tasty. We've eaten here before and we'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for dinner before a showCapsFanVIPDined on 6/13/2014Quick service, tasty food. Besides the restaurant's beers, there are also special cocktails available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cap City yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014great menu for both beer and food, lots of choices for everyone. Awesome on a Friday night after work to chill out and enjoy.Special Features:
- Busy Mothers Day; just a bad day?OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/11/2014We had an ok meal at Capitol City. Most of us liked our entrees, and the complimentary soft pretzels were a nice touch. However, our party member who ordered the ahi tuna salad wished he had sent it back. The tuna was cold and extremely fishy tasting. Stick to pub food at this restaurant.
- good brunchfriendsandfoodDined on 5/11/2014Nice place to have brunch on Mother's Day. Service was a bit slow - coffee refills and such did not come automatically.Special Features:
- surprise!anonymousDined on 5/6/2014A celebration for a co-worker's retirement and we were not sure how many would attend. People kept coming and coming and the staff was so kind and made the event special. I loved my prohibition beer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceMontgomeryDined on 4/27/2014Appetizers and drinks were very good. Outdoor dining area was very comfortable and relaxing. Our waiter was awesome (I believe that his name was Khalil) or something similar.Special Features:
- Easter Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014In past years, we had enjoyed the Sunday Brunch at Capitol City Brewing Company. It has been about 2 years since we have dined here, as the restaurant stopped the Sunday brunches, so we stopped coming. I checked on the website to see if there would be a brunch, at least for Easter Sunday, and there was a brunch advertised. The brunch menu was different. A couple of my favorite items were no longer on the menu. I think the restaurant would be a better choice for us for a lunch and/or supper, especially to sample the beers.Special Features:
- An old standardCapnBen22Dined on 4/12/2014I've been coming to this location for years and have always found the food selection and quality to be constantly good. It's a comfortable place with many choice and great beer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The cocktails weren't strong,OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/28/2014The cocktails weren't strong, the white wine wasn't cold enough and for the price of the drinks, you'd think they'd be better. The food was mediocre and I will definitely Not be returning.
- Good beer, good foodSDArlVADined on 3/28/2014Nothing negative to say about our dining experience. We had a good time, and the food and beverages were good. Service was very good. Restaurant was nowhere near capacity, and getting a reservation through Open Table the day prior for prime time dining hours was effortless. Not the best restaurant in town, but I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked it a lot!NicwagsDined on 3/27/2014I was traveling for business, and this restaurant came up in a bar and grill search on Yelp. We were looking for a place to watch the Sweet Sixteen evening games. This place has great beer and is a family friendly restaurant at the same time. The bar is big, but so is the restaurant. The food is pretty good; the pretzels with honey mustard horseradish to start off the meal are a bonus. I had the spinach cheese soup which lacked a little flavor, but the hamburger and homemade potato chips were delicious! The service we received was exceptional and relaxed. The restaurant is located in a cute area of Arlington. I would recommend this restaurant for a casual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingKAK2VIPDined on 3/17/2014Service was slow. My order was lost. Food was mediocre at best. Won't return.Special Features:
- great with kids!ajmPRDined on 3/17/2014Very accommodating when you have children in terms of food choices and space. Food is great and so is the beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentlke56Dined on 3/15/2014Girls night out was disappointing due to lack of menus, poor service and mediocre food. Not sure who trains staff but they need to be retrained.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/14/2014Food wasn't anything special. Service wasn't great.
- Just Okay - DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/4/2014Looking at the reviews I expected more from Capitol City Brewing Company. The whole experience was only fair. Gordon Biersch at Tysons is definitely better if you are looking for a brewery experience.
- Beer is good!PatSVIPDined on 2/20/2014We had been trying to get into Capital City Brewing for awhile. It was always so crowded and Shirlington has much more to offer. This time we made a reservation and actually arrived early, but still had to wait until just about time, understood. We were seated and started to wait - 15 minutes before the waiter ever showed up, other waiters kept walking by, but no one asked, questioned, nothing. Okay, but he is now here it has got to get better. The water came, then two very nice beers, followed by only adequate food. Twenty minutes into my meal my beer was gone, but no waiter for a new one. Thirty minutes after his first appearance he was back, my meal long gone, water empty, and no beer. Capital City lost a beer sale, and a customer.Special Features:
- Good good and good beer! ALittletDined on 2/15/2014Good good and good beer! A great spot to enjoy some time with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingDamienDined on 2/14/2014It has a warm inviting atmosphere. Good place to unwind after a long work day and relaxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer and food!4StarsDined on 2/14/2014Always enjoy Cap City! Great beer and great food to go along with it!Special Features:
- Great Beer and NachosTOTL79Dined on 2/11/2014Staying nearby in a hotel on a business trip. Dropped in to have a beer. It was happy hour with half price beers and $5 appetizers. I had the Prohibition Porter and the Dark IPA. Both were excellent and I accompanied them with an order of nachos with all the good stuff on them. I am a big eater but the nachos filled me up, so no dinner, but the list of burgers looked great. I would have been back the next night if it had been a two night trip. The whole bill for two pints and the nachos only came to $13.20 plus tip. What a deal in the DC area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I organized a professionalAlexandriaLocalVIPDined on 2/11/2014I organized a professional development meeting with colleagues at Capital City Brewing as a place to enjoy a social atmosphere while getting some work done. It was a great pick. We were able to enjoy some happy hour foods, sample some Capital City brews, and enjoy a collegial business meeting and enjoy a social atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice start to a good evening of entJB73Dined on 1/25/2014went there for dinner before the show. Good food, short walk to the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a brewpub.mensan98thDined on 1/25/2014Although you're not going to get amazing food at a chain restaurant, Cap City offers satisfying dishes. It's really more of an after-work place where you'd grab a few beers with friends or coworkers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beerCarole1960Dined on 1/18/2014The beers are great, the food was good but not exceptional and the service was good. It's a great place to go for a locally brewed beer on tap but leave enough time to find a parking spot. It was very busy on a Sat night and it took forever to get parking, we only got a spot because someone was pulling out.Special Features:
- Beer!JBurellaVIPDined on 1/17/2014The beer was delish, and the food was tasty. Nothing too fancy, just right. :)
- ehhhatehereDined on 1/3/2014It's just one of those non-descript burger and random entree joints. I suppose if you're a beer connoisseur this is a great place, otherwise the food was just ehhh... Ruby Tuesdayish.