Capital Seafood - Irvine Spectrum
85 Fortune Drive, #329
Irvine, CA 92618Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Capital Seafood - Irvine Spectrum
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capital-seafood.com/
- Phone: 9497889218
- Hours of Operation:
Dim Sum Served: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Regular Menu Served: Monday- Friday 11:00 am - 10:00 pm Saturday and Sundays 10:00 am- 10:00 pm
Happy Hour Monday-Friday: 3:00 pm-7:00 pm Bar area only and no reservations)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Chef Bui
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Capital (Irvine Spectrum) offers a full bar with great selections of the finest wines and spirits. With 4 private dining rooms and patio dining to accommodate large parties.
A word from Capital Seafood - Irvine Spectrum
Welcome to Capital's newest restaurant concept. Located in the heart of Orange County inside Irvine Spectrum. With much success in its other location in the Diamond Jamboree center, Capital decided to launch another location in the O.C. Capital is most known for its award winning dim sum and fresh seafood selections. With over 100 dim sum selections to choose from daily and great fresh seafood offerings. Dim Sum favorites such as Sui Mai, Shrimp Har Gow and Baked B.B.Q. Buns are customer favorites to name a few. Live Seafood offerings from our 300 gallon tanks consist of Alaskan King Crab, Maine Lobsters, Dungeness Crab and Catch of the Day. This new concept offers a full bar with an outdoor patio dining experience. Reservations are suggested and offsite catering and private dining are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Capital Seafood - Irvine Spectrum - Best Restaurants in Irvine ›
Capital Seafood - Irvine Spectrum reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (64)great for lunch (41)fit for foodies (34)great for brunch (30)kid-friendly (29)special occasion (28)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Poor serviceMarieVIPDined on 10/12/2014We are regulars at Capital and tonight was the worst service we ever received. I had to asked for service after sitting for 15 mins. To order our food I had to call server. And so on.... The restaurant was not busy tonight so I didn't understand why service was poorly.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We ordered drinks. I ordered "bloody marry". The waiter could not understand, asked is this a beer, etc.. One member of my group told him it is drink of tomato juice with vodka!! Ordered duck which came a while later when we were all full!!Special Features:
- Hard to beat Chinese foodOCEricVIPDined on 10/10/2014Flavorful sauces and fresh ingredients. Walnut chicken with melon is top-notch. Mr. Chow in Beverly hills still best on the planet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dim Sum LunchRabbitDined on 10/5/2014We went there for Dim Sum on Sunday. Our party of 6 people were seated after 10 minutes because we have reservation. The place was packed. The food was average, and pricy which is justified by the location and the very nice and clean ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/5/2014Dirty plates, cups and silverware. Waiters and dim sum cart employees are pushy and rude.Special Features:
- noisy, POOR SERVICEFORCEDTODined on 9/24/2014OUR SERVER TOOK A VERY, VERY LONG TIME TO APPROACH OUR TABLE. WE ORDERED DRINKS WHICH TOOK A LONG TIME TO ARRIVE. WE ORDERED A BAKED BUN WHICH WE HAD SEEN IN THE KITCHEN AND WE RECEIVED A STEAMED BUN. DECIDED NOT TO CONTEST BUT IT WASN'T AS GOOD. OUR SERVER'S ENGLISH WAS MODERATE AT BEST. IN HIS DEFENSE, I SAW ALL THE SERVERS STANDING AT THE KITCHEN WINDOW WAITING FOR ORDERS SO SOMETHING WAS UP IN THE KITCHEN. WE WERE FINE UNTIL A HUGE PARTY FROM THE BAR WAS SEATED AT A TABLE NEXT TO US AT LEAST 14 PEOPLE. THEY WERE SO LOUD WE GAVE UP TALKING, ATE UP AND LEFT. WON'T GO BACK. FOOD WAS OK BUT THE SERVICE AND NOISE LEVEL WAS NOT WORTH THE FOOD LEVEL. DRINKS ORDERED WERE NOT AVAILABLE SO WE HAD TO CHOOSE SOMETHING ELSE.Special Features:
- AmazingFoodyloverDined on 9/18/2014My family have been to this restaurant twice now and have not been disappointed. The food is just delectable especially the sweet corn soup at the end and the house special fish! We will be back every time we are in the area.Our waiter Ben both times was perfect about attention to detail!Special Features:
- Large portions of decent Dim SumGluttonDined on 9/18/2014Located along the restaurant row of the Irvine Spectrum, Capital Seafood is a very large, very busy restaurant. Nice ambiance and a good, energetic feel are the positives. As for the Dim Sum itself, it was good, but not great (not even "very good"); the portions are huge, so if you come with 3 or more people, you're in good shape. It's also pricier than other Dim Sum spots I've eaten at, with most of the plates in the $4-$5+ range. Finally, the service was sub-par. We spent 10-15 min waiting for the check before we finally flagged our waiter down. Overall, a 3-star place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceblonde1Dined on 9/14/2014I took my brother and sister in law along with the rest of the family to eat at Capital Seafood. This our 4th time at the restaurant with a party of 7. I have in the past felt real comfortable with taking someone new to the restuarant because the service and food is good. This time was an exception. The food came out more scattered than before but that is ok. We had the same server as last time; Kevin. He was really good last time but this time he was not available much to assist our table with their requests. Most of the meals were good but the orange chicken was a bit dry even though it came with a sauce. The pork strips were also very dry.(overcooked) The peking duck was very dry; the server told us they could do nothing about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MammaMaitaVIPDined on 9/13/2014I've never had a bad experience here until this reservation. I think the management has changed, but host & hostesses were a bit rude. There was a MAJOR lack of attention to get a waiter, I'm talking about 10 minutes just to get water. He seemed aggravated to help us and from what I could see of his activity - he only had 2 other tables aside from mine. Since I specifically went for dim sum, I didn't expect to get ignored by the dim sum cart even though I smiled, waved, and even walked up to her asking if she could stop by my table, I'm talking about the dim sum cart with the peking duck. It took the manager 3 times to get my peking duck dim sum & she walked it over without the cart. I'll only go back if my party insists on it.
- Great FindhungryhikerDined on 9/10/2014My husband, two friends and I dined at Capital Seafood last weekend and had a wonderful experience. The food was food was delicious and plentiful. The service was friendly, prompt and professional. The ambiance was luxurious and the pricing very reasonable. I will definitely return in the near future and recommend it to my friends.Special Features:
- Dim sumwindiveskiVIPDined on 9/6/2014At 2:45pm, some of the steamed dim sum was not very hot even though it came from a propane heated cart. We wonder if it was leftover. Some staff (cooks) were eating there lunch and suspect it's better to go during lunch prime time. Otherwise we liked the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday party dinner for 6BobKDined on 8/31/2014Several dishes were quite creative with wonderful tastes. Duck was excellent, one of the best I have eaten. Service was good with dishes served in order requested, and in timely manner. Waiter needed to better understand his bar selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dim sumAB2014Dined on 8/30/2014This was our first time at the restaurant. They said they could n't find our open table reservation but sat us immediately anyway. The wait staff was very friendly but we had more than one waiter. Our main waiter very knowlegable but the others brought us food that we didn't order and didn't seem to know what things were when they were delivering to table. Dim sum and dumplings were very good. Large portions that we wanted to bring home but we never received the food back after we gave it to them to wrap up for us. We couldn't wait any longer as we were going to a concert.Special Features:
- Lunch with FriendsSushiSpiceDined on 8/30/2014A group of close friends decided to catch an early dinner before a movie on a Saturday. One of the girls knew about this restaurant and so we tried it for the first time! I have never seen such large shrimp - don't forget to try their house special pepper shrimp.... delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love dim sumOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Great dim sum and at very nice location in the Spectrum My first time and will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great DimsumOCmamaVIPDined on 8/24/2014It is a great spot for dim sum and the fact they take reservations adds to the convenience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dim-sum!SoCalZDined on 8/24/2014First time dining at Capital Seafood.. Best dim sum ever!! Amazing dumplings and small dishes to share. Staff is very helpful if you've never done dim sum before. I absolutely will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality not QuanityMustEatFabulousDined on 8/23/2014I love Capital Seafood we eat here at least once a month and love the quality of the food. capital SeaFood's service is up there with any five star dinning experience we have had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Good chinese food with american flavor. service with very good for a chinese restaurant.Special Features:
- Food great service mediocreNurseMagsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food is always amazing, however they always seem to ruin my children's order. Simple orange chicken that the order never got placed and it was honestlt the second time! Service was not the best this time since we were only a party of 5, the waiter tend to focus more on bigger parties which is a bit frustrating. If food wasn't so great we wouldn't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningDivaVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our dinner was delicious and beautifully presented...dish and platter shapes are interesting and the special rice served in a carved pineapple, for example, is lovely as well as yummy! The special green beans were cooked perfectly and our beef, shrimp, and seafood selections were very tasty! The Sangria was refreshing and one of many interesting drink choices! We will go back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreEhhhDined on 8/5/2014The hostess was rude. The service was bad. Our food took forever to get to the table - and the check took even longer. The food was good but I will not be back.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurantJMCReviewDined on 8/3/2014Great food. Great service. Portions are generally family style which we did not notice when reviewing the menu to order. We were surprised how great the food was. This place is equipped to serve a large party and would be perfect for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dim-sum onlykliliDined on 8/1/2014This review is solely for the dim sum. Used to be a favorite but the last few times quality has really declined. Service was slow and less than polite.
- GREAT PLACE.lnLawsBDayDined on 7/25/2014I WOULD RECOMMEND IT ANYBODY... THEY TAKE CHINESE COOKING TO A LEVEL UNREACHABLE & THE SERVICE IS AS IF THEY ARE YOUR IMMEDIATE FAMILY. YOU WILL FEEL VERY WELCOMED, ENJOY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Cinese RestaurantJRG1reviewDined on 7/25/2014I took some clients to Capital and had a very enjoyable dinner. The food was great and the service excellent. I highly recommend this establishment for any kind of gathering.Special Features:
- Consistently goodTPBRVIPDined on 7/25/2014We usually go for dim sum, and the carts come around pretty quickly. The selection is usually very good (they previously have run out of a few items) and the food is warm and tasty (we had a couple of times in the past where these were both inconsistent but found if you tell them about food temp or flavor, they quickly fix it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Dim sum is so so. Does not have that many selection. Hot food on carts are limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Their wonton soup is ab-fabluv2dineVIPDined on 7/19/2014The "outdoor dining" is an enclosed patio room - very nice. We both felt like starting with soup and ordered two wonton soups, which is served family style in a large tureen, overflowing with fabulous stuff! There were prawns, chicken pieces, wide slices of pork, and the large wontons were stuffed with meat & shrimp also! The broth was delectable & contained sugar snap peas, carrots, & mushrooms. It made two bowls each - and with our wine we just couldn't eat anything else. The menu is large and varied. I've been twice before & enjoyed the dim-sum cart, which only circulates until 3pm; sorry to have missed that on this visit. We'll be back! p.s. The place is packed with Asians - proving the authenticity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodlovetoeatDined on 7/19/2014The food was very good. I was disappointed that rice was not part of the meal and was an extra charge. I have never ordered Chinese food and not have the rice included. The server should have made it clear that the rice was extra. Server was friendly, courteous and attentive. Your servers need to be clear on what is included and what is NOT included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dim Sum Price-to-Qual a little highEnjoyLifeVIPDined on 7/19/2014If you're looking for Dim Sum around Irvine Spectrum, this is the place to go. We've been here ~6 times now and the food can be a hit of miss. One time the (shrimp mostly dishes) were bleachy. We mentioned it to one if the main hosts when paying so they could investigate, but no apology (or they didn't understand). Last time all the dishes were nice and hot, but we felt the quality taste just wasn't there like the last time either. But you should go to try it out yourselves. Everybody has a different pallet. More importantly, it is expensive (even for Irvine, I think). One problem is that you don't know the cost of the Dim Sum plates (A, B, or C). C is almost $6! We had traditional dishes. people, 5 dishes + tea = $30. Too much $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent food, a bit noisey. Bus boy was very inexperiencedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeddyDined on 7/17/2014We had dim sum,most of them tasty, the ladies pushing the carts speak very little English, it was hard to find out what were the ingredients in the dumplings and in the other items.Special Features:
- Better than need beBertramDined on 7/16/2014Located in a shopping mall, I did expect a food court, poor experience. Wrong. Food is beautifully prepared, distinctive and overall a good mix of authenthicity with some tailoring for local tastes. Recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014I've eaten dim sum here sev'l times and was always satisfied. However, on this visit, the dim sum wasn't as good as on past visits. Perhaps they had a new chef in the kitchen. Also, service was SLOW in the carts bringing the dim sum out. Overall its still the best dim sum in Orange County.Special Features:
- Good and clean chinese restaurantIsabelleVIPDined on 7/12/2014This location in Spectrum is so much better that the one in Diamond Jamboree Irvine. It is clean and overall atmosphere is nicer. Excellent service and same good menu options.Special Features:
- Fantastic culinary festivalFood4ThoughtVIPDined on 7/11/2014A wonderful selection of dim sum! The flavors and combinations of seafood was culinary delight. I enjoyed every bit despite not really knowing what I was eating. The waitresses English was not great, but it added to the intrigue and wonderful surprise with every bite. I truly enjoyed the atmosphere, attentive service and variety of food. I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Dim Sumtrdrp19Dined on 7/6/2014My family and I really enjoyed the Dim Sum. There were many options, and everything tasted great. Huge benefit was being able to make a reservation, which is uncommon at most Dim Sum restaurants.Special Features:
- Confused ServersLeeners1Dined on 7/6/2014We had been to Capital Seafood for a dim sum brunch the week before and enjoyed it very much, we sat on the patio, it was pleasant and a nice selection.When we arrived last week, we were seated in the bar. After 15 minutes of not being offered anything , we requested a move to the main ding room. As the carts passed we inquired about the Shrimp balls and scallop won tons.It took well over 20 minutes to get either item.The servers seemed confused.We also could not figure out the pricing and think there should be some sort of pricing guide, we just had to trust that the little stamps on our card were added correctly.Diners really should have an itemized receipt rather than just a grand total, with tea or drinks being the only items listed.Special Features: