Capital Seafood - Diamond Jamboree
2700 Alton Parkway, Ste 127
Irvine, CA 92606Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Capital Seafood - Diamond Jamboree
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capital-seafood.com/irvine/
- Phone: 9492528188
- Hours of Operation:
Dim Sum Served: Monday - Friday: 10:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday and Holidays: 9:00am - 3:00pm.Regular Menu Served: Daily: 10:30am - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Inquire about our off-site catering menu packages. Free delivery available.
- Private Party Facilities: We specialize in accommodating large events and parties. Banquet menus are available for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: James Tea 9492528188
A word from Capital Seafood - Diamond Jamboree
Welcome to Capital Seafood Restaurant, located in Irvine's Diamond Jamboree center. With an East meets West theme Capital Seafood offers an affordable dining experience. Step inside this culinary journey through Asia. Dim Sum is usually known in Cantonese as going to "drink tea" (yum cha) and is served daily for lunch. With over 100 different dim sum selections to choose from, our Chefs strive to make the freshest dim sum. Other favorites on the menu include roasted Peking Duck, Honey Walnut Shrimps and House Special Lobster. Live Alaskan King Crabs, Maine lobsters, Dungeness crabs and Spot prawns are for your picking in our 200 gallon tanks. This award winning restaurant offers an authentic and unique Chinese dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Capital Seafood - Diamond Jamboree - Best Restaurants in Irvine ›
Capital Seafood - Diamond Jamboree reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Not worth it!ImmyDined on 10/10/2014Bland, too much lighting, limited drink options, service is okay.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/23/2014The food and service was amazing! This was our first time dining at the restaurant, on a recommendation, and our server Adam was great with dish recommendations and explaining the menu. Our final choices were perfect and that is all thanks to Adam. They have the best walnut prawns and eggplant dish I've EVER had.Special Features:
- RandyThumperDined on 9/14/2014The dim sum at Capital Seafood is favorably comparable to the best that I've had in Hong Kong and Singapore. I really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Never a bad dish here. A favorite of ours in the Orange County areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Efficient serviceCdMcyclistDined on 8/23/2014We rode our bikes from Corona del Mar along the San Diego Creek Trail. The restaurant is convenient to the trail. We went early because I had heard of the Saturday night crowds. Bicycle parking means locking up at a sign pole, some bike racks would relieve the parking challenge. I ordered a delicious lychee vodka martini. Food arrived in only a few minutes and we were finished, out the door — the experience was a little too efficient. We rode home the same way, facing the setting sun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No dumplings!doublewidegirlDined on 8/15/2014We go to Capitol Seafood often and were surprised when we went recently for my son's going away dinner to find out that it was 6:00pm and they did not have any juicy dumplings. Those dumplings are delicious and are our favorite thing on the menu at Capitol Seafood. We thought the waiter was teasing us when we asked for 4 orders of dumplings and he said they were all out of them. If we ever go back, I will definitely call ahead to see if they have dumplings for the evening.
- Not Impressed!GodivatiDined on 8/14/2014We had a reservation for 8:15 and arrived promptly on time. The hostess Told us she had one table right by the toilets available. I then told her that we had a reservation. She told us that meant nothing to the establishment the tables sitting are on a first come first serve basis. Why did we bother to make a reservation??? We were seated 20 minutes later and once the waiter took our order they did not bother to return and ask us if we needed anything else! Till they needed us to pay. The food was bland and nothing special there are quite a number if restaurants in the strip mall so don't get stuck here! Never again. Ambience blah!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014been to this restaurant for dim sum on sunday mornings for the 3rd time this year, flawless perfect so far, from the people to the food thank youSpecial Features:
- Capital seafood: YumXsplayerDined on 7/6/2014Consistently one of the best Chinese restaurants in Orange County. Great flavors. Quick and fast service. Best to make reservations so you don't have to wait. Parking is a nightmare, I wish there was valet; so make sure you account for time to park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 127 reviews are from the Capital Seafood - Diamond Jamboree reviews archive.
- Tasty neighborhood treatSullivansDined on 6/22/2014After recently returning from a trip to hong kong, we were craving Chinese food. The food was all very good, and we enjoyed ourselves. We will return. I've had great dim sum at this restaurant before...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceJaniceDined on 6/14/2014Waiters or waitress, they are so slow to serve. We wait over 10 min to order. Never coming back for refill drink.
- Decent food but bad serviceBooHooDined on 6/10/2014We ordered the salted fish fried rice with crab but when it came out they forgot to put in the crab. So instead of apologizing and bringing it back into the kitchen to add in the crab, they just took out a bowl of crab meat and dumped it onto the plate and walked away. They didn't even bother to try to mix it up for us. We were all shocked and speechless. I normally expect good food but bad service at a Chinese restaurant but this had got to be the worse experience for us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.FoodieatHeartVIPDined on 6/9/2014We went to take advantage of the $12 Peking duck special. For the price, I guess you could say it was good. Would I go back? Probably not. Service is spotty. Don't ask crabby Asian lady for a cup of water though! If dagger eyes could kill! Apparently, she ONLY delivers food to tables, and rather unhappily i might add. The male waiters were better...if you could get their attention.
- food was fairDASfoodieDined on 6/6/2014had high expectations but food fell flat. no flexibility in eliminating food from dishes (like onion allergy!).Special Features:
- DumsumhoundDined on 6/1/2014Dim sum carts did not come around quickly; tables too tight near each other; waiters ALL had a harried look. Food was often cold. Price points high. Bathroom unkempt and did not have any receptacle for used paper towels. (and needless to say, parking was extremely difficult). We were served in a timely manner, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent food!dragonrabbitVIPDined on 5/28/2014Which is important. I hate it when I go somewhere and having it be hit or miss. Capital Seafood has been our go to place when hungry and know what to expect.Special Features:
- Capital Seafood - Diamond JamboreeGinsiinmei4allDined on 5/25/2014Easy to make reservation through Open Table, get confirmation. Table was not ready at scheduled time, have to wait for 15 minutes. Still better than just walk in without reservation. Food is good, 12 people for dim sum and some dishes for $250 is all right, everyone was satisfied. Dim sum small plates are better than the noodles and vegetable orders with small portions compared to the price. Service was fair with 1 waiter serving many tables, have to ask many times for 1 thing with slow responses. The receptionists and cashiers are cheerful and more helpful than the waiters. But over all above average experiences, will recommend people to go only with reservations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh TraditionalOurfavoriteSoCalspotDined on 5/23/2014This place is one of our very favorites. Fresh food, excellent chefs and a "real" food options that are not Americanized like Congee soup (a must!). My favorite menu item is Shrimp Chow Fun, Fish Congee Soup and lots of tea. Dim Sum here at lunch is a must. Reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014Open Table reservations is great!!! The restaurant however squeezed 11 people on one round table at a corner. As you can image it was so tight, you can hardly move.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special Dim Sum placelovefishanddimsumDined on 4/27/2014We thought we were safe going at 2:00 pm (dim sum is served until 3:00 pm), but there were many dishes that they were out of. We will go earlier next time. The pork bao was truly exceptional--heavenly char siu with the lightest, fluffiest stuff wrapped around it. The shrimp won ton were also memorable with the crunchiest skins and very flavorful centers. Every dish we had was very, very good. The service was excellent too. It was handy having the takeout shop next door so we could get some of our favorites to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmmmm dim sumadjsfoodieDined on 4/27/2014We are always happy when we come here on the weekend for dim sum! We try to try a new item each time because we can get stuck in our favorites and we always seem to find something new to love! So glad we found capital seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/19/2014This place consistently serves very good quality authentic Chinese food. My family and I have eaten here many times since they have opened their doors. Their seafood dishes are always fresh, this time we had sauteed scallops with vegetables and the scallops were large, sweet and tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2014The service was inferior and the food all tasted alike, not really good may I add. The crispy noodles are more aptly described as soggy noodles.The jasmine rice was not enjoyable at all. Since when do restaurants charge $2.00 per person for rice, even if you are not eating rice? A serving bowl of rice cost $20. Are you serious! My $250.00 could have been better spent somewhere else. A huge disappointment! If you are looking for really good food I suggest you look somewhere else.Special Features:
- Capital Seafood - a good findCarlosVIPDined on 3/23/2014We have been to the Capital Seafood at the Irvine Spectrum, so we were delighted to find the one at Diamond Jamboree. The Diamond Jamboree location is just as good as it's sister restaurant and easier to get a table. Happy day.Special Features:
- Not the best Chinese foodFoodieDined on 3/19/2014We had a reservation on a Wed. Evening & we had to wait 10 minutes for our table. We went for the Peking duck special. The duck was not as flavorful as it used to be. You have to pay for rice. The brown rice was hard. There are better Chinese restaurants in Irvine & they don't charge for rice!Special Features:
- Great Chinese food for large groupmomletDined on 3/1/2014Decent Chinese food. Being able to make reservations and notify everyone was convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very delicious & Good ServiceSansanDined on 2/28/2014I love all food there, and table was clean. I will recomend to my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try a bit of everythingLunchDined on 2/26/2014We love going here, especially for group lunches. Dim Sum is the perfect way to try new and varied food items. The circluar tables makes it easy to still hold conversations with everyone, even when the group is large. No problem handling parties of 6,8,or 10. Make a reservation at lunch time this resturant gets packed.Special Features:
- Nice Evening with Family & FriendsdaveDined on 2/8/2014We were looking for a good Chinese Restaurant for a dinner with out of town friends and family. The round table with lazy susan was great for our party of 7. Everyone ordered their favorite dish and we all shared. The Filet of Beet with pepper sauce was excellent as were all of the dishes. Service was very good and the food arrived quickly after we ordered. I recommend this restaurant for its food and it is very good for a group of 7-10 as the round table allows you to talk with everyone. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Fun group dinnerNetteDined on 2/1/2014We had 9 adults and teenagers, and enjoyed the family style. The Saketinis were fabulous. We were hoping for the dim sum carts, but they are only for lunchtime. Still, good food and experience.Special Features:
- Very grateful they took ourSvenDined on 1/31/2014Very grateful they took our reservation on a holiday and seated us right away! Fun za restaurant, thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peking Duck a Good Value!TechnoGalityDined on 1/29/2014We celebrated early Lunar New Year at Capital Seafood. Had the Peking Duck @ half price; a bit greasy, but great deal! We also had the clay pot tofu w/ veggies. Wasn't a clay pot and didn't like the drenched tofu. Amazed that the food wasn't too salty. Liked the free bean dessert. Good overall. The servers work very hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They need to fix their reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014They need to fix their reservation schedule. I have a reservation at 7:00 and doesn't have a table for us until 8:00. bad reservation.
- The Peking duck and char siewEunice2888Dined on 1/12/2014The Peking duck and char siew came quick, but we waited for for another 30 minutes for our next 2 dishes. The slushie and boba drink list is extensive and very reasonable in price. The food was tasty except the for shrimp paste eggplant which was lukewarm. Could be sitting for a while before being brought to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The dim sum dishes were allNanaDined on 1/1/2014The dim sum dishes were all good and served hot at our table which is not common at other places.Special Features:
- American Chinese FusionLuvGoodFoodDined on 12/5/2013Has most of the Asian favorites like har gow and siu mai and a few fusion items like a green spinach har gow like skin with mushrooms, baby corn, bamboo shoots, and a few other ingredients. Not bad for Irvine. Would still recommend it. Great for non-Asians too. Please keep in mind that this is Irvine so the prices will reflect this. Service was outstanding! Felt we were well taken care of. Thank you to the staff!Special Features:
- skip this oneJemonfuVIPDined on 11/30/2013We used to love coming to this restaurant but no more. Indifferent waiter. Lukewarm food. Dinner portion lunch size. Don't get me started on the parking in that crazy lot. Go to the restaurant in the Spectrum.
- Watch out that the waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/11/2013Watch out that the waiter would try to up-sell you or bring you the more expensive dish. Be very specific which fish dish you'd like and check your receipt for errors.Special Features:
- A Great Dim Sum PlaceLove2EATDined on 10/13/2013This restaurant serves great dim sum and delicious desert. The restaurant is clean, beautiful, spacious, and affordable. I think it's the best in town for dim sum and Peking duck. I go there frequently with my friends, co-workers, and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital reviewFoodie58Dined on 10/12/2013Took our family to dinner, everyone loved the food and service. Will be back soon. Only downside is the traffic in the parking lot and the difficulty locating parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.