The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
3821 Edwards Road
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 5133510814x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Himmelberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 3,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you"re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with - a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (179)notable wine list (148)romantic (110)fit for foodies (84)neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (40)vibrant bar scene (32)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food good slow serviceButtonDined on 10/20/2014Arrived at seven, seated immediately and ordered wine and appetizer to start. Appetizer came at 7:55. My friend and I split the Delmonico steak and had two sides. With a glass of wine each the total bill was about $100. Servings are large. There were only six tables filled so why was the service so slow? I had to flag down a server to fill my water glass. The food is really good once it comes albeit pricey. Definitely split an entre or order half.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High EndJPG13Dined on 10/19/2014Great Place, Very Good Food and Excellent Service. One of the more expensive restaurants in town and would recommend the Mac & Cheese and split a steak if you have to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gbs213VIPDined on 10/18/2014Good food, good service, a great spot to celebrate a special occasion. A great wine list but don't expect a lot of help from the staff in choosing a wine, as most have very little wine knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014After a botched reservation at another restaurant, we quickly booked a table for four using Open Table. We were even able to be accommodated with a booth! We had an excellent server who did not rush our dinner and our steaks were cooked exactly as we requested. We have dined at this location multiple times and have always enjoyed great food and wine. The service is impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Lrt162Dined on 10/18/2014This was my second meal at Capital Grille and it was just as good as the last. The mushroom rubbed steak was amazing. The service was great - the wait staff was attentive but we did not feel rushed. I recommend this when you have a few extra bucks and want an outstanding steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimrayVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food and service. Have eaten in numerous Capital Grill locations......this experience was every bit as good as the others. Impressed with follow up phone call the next day inquiring about our experience.Special Features:
- DelightfuldocJ1Dined on 10/18/2014Our server,Noble, made our evening. He was delightful, knowledgeable, and attentive after having a bad experience several months earlier. He hinted us to our food selection and a wine to meet our compliment. We felt welcomed from the time we valeted our car to finishing our meal and being thanked for coming that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation follow upFoodieDined on 10/17/2014We had reservations for four. Checked in at desk 10 minutes before our time. Wentire to bar area as advised. We were never approached after that by hostess. We had to finally, after 30 minutes, go to desk and inquire. Hostess stated she did not realize we were "ready" for dinner. Unfortunate given after that our experience was great Nd food was too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noname1VIPDined on 10/16/2014The Capital Grille does not measure up to several other restaurants in Cincinnati that specialize in steak and steak-related menu items. Capital Grille charges comparable prices to the other, well-known steak houses, but does not deliver the same quality and value for the price.
- Food was devineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014The filet with the porcini rub and balsamic reduction was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food-long waitkikiDined on 10/11/2014We had reservations, yet were quickly encouraged to go to the bar for a drink as they prepared our table (I always assume this an upsell tactic). We were then seated at a very nice table for two out in the interior porch area that would be fantastic on a day you could open the windows. The downside was that we were seated next to a very large group that was extremely loud. There was not a single sound absorptive element in the space, so the noise was deafening. The room was very drafty and cold even to my husband who NEVER gets cold. We waited 1 hour 45 minutes for our 2 steaks. By the time our food came we were uncomfortably frozen. However, the steaks were very good as were the sides. Impressive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure about this place2long2waitVIPDined on 10/11/2014After waiting 15 even though we had a reservation. We get seated. Slow service. Had to ask for bread. And the amuse boush thst all were getting. My fish was just OK and my husbands Delmonico steak was drenched in Balsamic .. Had good flavor but really a fatty steak. I wish we went to Carlos and Johnny instead.Special Features:
- lindaVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a great evening at the bar with Danielle and Mike. They are probably the best servers in the city. It was amazing to see how many customers seam to come there every week ti enjoy the great service and food, both are outstanding! We have not been able to be there in a few months , but Danielle remembered our children's name and what was up with them. She is truly a special person who is committed to personalized service. I wish it wasn't so far away but worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an enjoyable eveningbigfanVIPDined on 10/5/2014This was our third trip to this relatively new restaurant, and we'll be back again. The service was outstanding. We liked our food- perhaps a little pricey at 40- 60 dollars for most of the main courses, and ala carte, but the quality was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fooddeedee123VIPDined on 10/5/2014The experience at Capital Grille was wonderful. The food as well as the service were great. I enjoyed it and would return.Special Features:
- Hugely OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/4/2014While the evening was lovely, and the food was good the price was crazy high! My steak was good, but these prices, it should have been OUTSTANDING.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Beautiful restaurant, great service, very expensive. The cheapest glass of wine was $30.00 The portions are very large. I heard the server at the table next to ours say that orders could be shared or you could order a half order. Our server did not tell us that and it was too late for us. Next time I will do that. Who needs a 22 ounce steak. Really. And the sides are extra and large enough to share. I would rather be able to order my own side without worrying about appeasing everyone at the table and pay less for them. The food, however, was great. Loved my steak but could only eat half of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestGopack513Dined on 10/2/2014Capital Grill gas the best food in town. Steak Delmonico is a taste we have never had before and was fantastic. Pricey but that's why we read all those books in college, right?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Capital GrilleJohnDined on 10/2/2014Our waitress, Amy, turned a great 10th anniversary into a fantastic, memorable night. She brought service to a new level. All of the staff, including the manager and chef, were aware that is was our anniversary and stopped by to chat.Special Features:
- Big missHilliaryDined on 10/1/2014The food, service, and experience was excellent. However, one entree, side and desert did not make it in our bags of leftovers. We did not forget them, the restaurant did not put them in our bags. I emailed the restaurant and called our server and NO RESPONSE response. After having a great time, this left a bad taste in my mouth. It's one thing to forget them as a patron, but for them not to be included as requested was very disappointing - especially since they did not respond.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014From the moment we arrived the staff was friendly. Our server, Petar, was excellent and very knowledgeable. We appreciated the complimentary cocktails and dessert samples he provided. Our party of 3 ordered 3 different entrees and everyone's food was perfect. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning attention to detailkevscoutDined on 9/28/2014From the moment we walked in the door until the moment we walked out, we felt comfortable and pampered. The bartender knew the whiskeys and had great recommendations. He even carried my glass to the table when it was ready. The table was not only on a fantastic outdoor patio, it was also decorated in confetti and there was a happy birthday card for my wife - I had mentioned in the OpenTable reservation that we were celebrating her birthday. The waitress was personable and relaxed and yet incredibly professional at the same time. She... (see full review on TripAdvisor)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Designer DebDesignerdebDined on 9/27/2014We had reservations for over a week so we were very disappointed when we were taken to a back small room with 4 tables. We would have preferred to be in the main dining room. The bread basket was wonderful and very large. The beef was excellent but the tuna entrée was very disappointing. It came out looking like a small loaf of bread. Apparently it was crusted in sesame seed which sounds great but it had no flavor. My husband did not complain as we were with another couple and felt it would ruin the experience to send back and select a new entrée. The 2 sides we tried were great - the creamed corn and au gratin potatoes. We had a good evening but it could have been great with a better table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like royaltyLuv2dineDined on 9/27/2014We always have a great experience at The Capital Grille. The service is remarkable. You are made to feel like a celebrity from the moment the door is opened for you. Food is always cooked exactly as ordered. Drinks are refilled without asking and samples are brought to the table just because. It is the perfect date night spot. I feel like I am on vacation when I come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the price.RGBMD1Dined on 9/27/2014We tried CG with friends and all decided we would definitely return. I would prefer it in the cooler weather as it is rather dark inside with no outdoor dining options. Bring a sweater! Very chilly! Staff very pleasant without being overly familiar. Nice bar. Tables are nicely spaced so you are not on top of your neighbor like some other local steak establishments. Menu is varied enough to please all. Excellent martini, though on my second one they did not give me any olives which for me is part of the drink. Really good bread selection! two people had steaks and raved about them. I had salmon. A bit behind on refilling water. Minh Ho-managing partner had a sincere discussion of quality of meals with us. Impressive!Special Features:
- Good, but....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014The food was good, the service was good, I enjoyed my dining experience there. The only negative is considering the price range, I expected more than just good. We don't spend that kind of money often, but when I do I expect more than just good.
- Cici47VIPDined on 9/26/2014The food, the wine, the service--perfection!! We'll definitely be back and will definitely recommend the Grille to our friends and family.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerKimMDined on 9/26/2014First timer for our 32nd Anniversary. Felt very special from the moment we walked in. The red rose at our table made our night special. Exceptional service. Hope to return soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary celebrationfoodie2VIPDined on 9/26/2014Capital Grille really knows how to make a special occasion even more special! Tasty food and attentive, friendly service as always.Special Features:
- JimgDined on 9/26/2014Nice atmosphere and my steak and lobster was very good. My wife's sea bass was just fair. The service was good until we waited about 30 minutes for our dessert. It was expensive for what you got, but it has nice atmosphere, but at Washington prices.Special Features:
- great placeloveRuthsDined on 9/26/2014The food and service was outstanding. We had the lobster bisque which was so filled with lobster a bowl would have sufficed as a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillBillVIPDined on 9/26/2014Had late lunch with friends after Friday Cincinnati Symphony Concert and it was a terific experience. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We will return.Special Features:
- Great SaveNeverAgainVIPDined on 9/24/2014We had Broadus as our server and he was amazing. Our food had to sent back and he was great about correcting the issue and making sure we had a memorable experience (as well as the manager). I can't remember when I've had such a pleasant dining experience. We'll definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary to us!2dineforDined on 9/20/2014From the moment we ordered drinks and an app at the bar, we got there a little early, our service was fantastic! I made a note on our reservation it was our anniversary and if we might have a "nice table", and they went above the call of duty. We not only got a great table in a more quiet quaint room, we got confetti hearts on a part of our table and a card to wish us Happy Anniversary! The meal was delicious, and service from the water waiter to the food server was terrific. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to have a really nice dinner out.Special Features:
- Excellent, pricey but worth it!!TruefoodiesnobVIPDined on 9/20/2014I do love Capital Grill, as mentioned it is quite expensive but you will get wonderful, lovely presentations, excellent wine and outstanding knowledgeable service. I have had this particular server on several occasions & she is terrific. She knows exactly what the food preparation consists of is & if you need to customize it, she takes care of it. We had dinner in the bar at a high top, yes it was noisy, lots of energy, but we could have opted for a regular table and it would have quieter. The shrimp cocktail is excellent, great cocktail sauce & I am very fussy about that. I also love their lobster crab cakes and the roasted mushroom side dish. The fish presentations are also wonderful. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- UnevenMuskegVIPDined on 9/20/2014My first dining experience at CG in Cincinnati was very positive and I have likewise had good experiences in other cities. However, my second visit to CG Cinci was a bit disappointing. Food-wise, it was okay, with 2 members of our party of 4 enthusiastic about their steaks, one dissatisfied with the dryness of the halibut and I found my porterhouse to be surprisingly bland rather than flavorful. The bigger problem was the erratic service--at times great and at other times nonexistent. Timing was way off--my wife and I received our salads and then waited 5 minutes for our companions to receive theirs. Entrees converged on us before salad plates and other used dishware had been removed. Really not acceptable at these prices.Special Features:
- They want you happy!ghost23VIPDined on 9/20/2014May be one of the best trained staff in Cincinnati, from the moment you are greeted by hostess till you leave, the staff makes sure you enjoy the dining experience all without hovering over you. Oh, the food is darn good too! My wife has a severe onion family allergy, no problem here, they were knowledgeable of the ingredients, even the bread, and offered custom alternatives when appropriate. If you have a food challenge, come here you'll like it. BTW, they started our experience with glasses of sparkling wine, nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overallCincyCDAVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great steaks and sides, though $11 for a meager field greens salad is a bit excessive. Service was very attentive and professional, just like other locations that I have eaten at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still finding its wayCincyDinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was our second time at the Capital Grille at Rookwood. Overall the food is very good -- if a bit heavy -- and does well to meet its aspiration of being a high-end steak house on par with Jeff Ruby's, etc. The atmosphere is also high-end, if a bit mass-produced. The service, however, is not up to par with the menu prices. Our first experience at this location was good (if not excellent) with a server that was chatty but took her role seriously. Our second service experience was laughable, however, with many missteps that would have been annoying at a Long Horn Steakhouse but were just unacceptable at a restaurant where a typical check for a couple approaches $200.Special Features:
- Capital Grille is a favorite!LuckyVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food and service were wonderful making this a very good value relative to other local steakhouses of similar caliber. Our server, Gavin, was very nice. Chef David was in working his usual culinary magic in the kitchen! We can't wait to go back and try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.