The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
3821 Edwards Road
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (513) 351-0814
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Himmelberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 3,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you"re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with - a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (155)notable wine list (133)romantic (93)fit for foodies (77)good for groups (49)vibrant bar scene (37)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (23)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- First Time Caller4SaturdayNightDinersVIPDined on 12/19/2013Great facility and high class decorations. Very friendly and very knowledgeable staff---our server was terrific and also served as a trainer for the new servers. Food was delicious but the choices beyond steaks etc. quite limited especially in the fish arena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another steakhouseMbf1VIPDined on 12/19/2013We all ordered beef. It was cooked to order and good. Salad, pear w/ cheese, nuts, greens ample for 2 cocktails made well and good wines by the glass. Not much to set this off from the other steakhouses in town. Very expensive. Good service.Special Features:
- Good meal butDiningDivaVIPDined on 12/16/2013thought the service was kind of slow. This is the third time I've been to this Capital Grill location and the first time I've had less than exemplary service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a great place to eat.BarbVIPDined on 12/16/2013It's a great place to eat. Food is good and service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must tryrosesDined on 12/13/2013Come hungry because there are no small portions. What they offer is an exceptional dining experience that rivals their better known downtown competitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for What you GetMajojoDined on 12/11/2013We were not greeted with a 'hello' or 'welcome to capital grill'. Several women were at the booth and we almost had to indicate our interest in eating there--they did not seem eager to take our name or find us a table. Once one of the 4 standing there acknowledged us, they looked up our name--apparently I had RSVP'd for the wrong night but they said the had a table for us. Great. We were happy to hear that despite my mistake. And guess what table that was? It was the table right by the door. I felt every cold breeze coming in. I can't say for sure,but there had to be a better table for two than this one. It was the WORST table. Waitress was OK but overall it was pretentious and overpriced. For that price we'll go to Jeff Rubys.Special Features:
- Great for celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/9/2013My granddaughter was treated like a queen - it was her 19th birthday. Rose petals on the table and a red rose for her! Entire family was treated like royalty! Thanks for an excellent dining experience!Special Features:
- cap grillemjpcDined on 12/9/2013wonderful! great food, service and ambiance. great for a birthday lunch. our new favorite spot...Special Features:
- Not super impressedDutchRyanDined on 12/7/2013First attempt at a medium rare steak came out with little to no pink. To their credit, the restaurant tried again and did better the second time. It's just not quite as good as some of the local steakhouse options.
- Steak Lover's HeavenwestsidedinerVIPDined on 12/7/2013Excellent food, service and ambiance. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite!!Love2eatoutVIPDined on 12/7/2013This is our favorite restaurant in Cincinnati. The food is outstanding. The service is 2nd to none!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a bad restaurant, butgbs213VIPDined on 12/4/2013Not a bad restaurant, but could use some improvements. Ordered drinks before dinner, for what we paid ($10.00) for Gentleman Jack and Water, the drink were weak, could barely taste the alcohol. At the table, the assistant server brought bread and apologized because the one type of bread was not available a. Ordered the tater tots, were told they were out of those. Obviously the restaurant is trying to cut corners and reduce costs. I'd think twice before I chose this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsCincifoodieVIPDined on 12/4/2013I was happy to see that one of my husband's favorite steakhouses opened here in Cincinnati in time to celebrate his birthday. With confetti and champagne the staff really made us feel special. They even brought sprite in champagne glasses for my girls. The service was the best I've had in quite some time -- really a cut above. And the details like in-house mozzarella cheese and smoked salmon made the meal exceptional. There are a lot of fine steakhouses in Cincinnati, but this tops my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille CincinnatiMattBDined on 12/3/2013I have been to the Capital Grille in D.C. The Cincinnati can't hold a candle to the original location. The food was average for a premier steakhouse. If I am going to spend $300 on dinner for two, I am probably not going to the CG but one of the other fine steakhouses in Cincinnati.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch 4 bunch @ Capital GrillFOODIECHER1VIPDined on 12/3/2013Our lunch group had a great time here! Our entrees were delicious and our desserts were yummy. We had terrific service thanks to our wonderful and efficient server "Broadus"!! Will certainly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST OF THE BEST!Love2eatoutVIPDined on 11/29/2013Capital Grille is probably our favorite of all time. The food is always exceptional. The attention to detail is extraordinary. Josh - the manager is so friendly, cares about his clients, treats everyone as family. We always ask for Ann (our waitress) as she is always so attentive. We originally met Ann in Florida a few years ago when she worked at Capital Grille there. When we saw her in Cincinnati, we immediately recognized her. Since then, we always request her table. She is the best!!! If you are looking for an extraordinary dining experience, Capital Grille is it. DON'T MISS THIS RESTAURANT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not impressedSeasonedDinerVIPDined on 11/28/2013My girlfriend and I went there the other evening, we had an early reservation (5:30) we arrived on time, they were not prepared for us, no big deal, we went to the bar. Once seated, the service was terrible, exceptionally slow, so much so, that while waiting for desert I decided we had waited entirely too long, and we paid our check and left. Bottom line is, I travel for a living and visit many of these around the country, this one has recently opened, and clearly is not ready on a service level. Food was good but nothing spectacular. I will give them some time and try again later. If dining at a Capital Grille, Jeff Ruby, Flemmings, Jags, Ect,Ect. I just expect better.
- A wonderful Thanksgiving meal!lovegreatfoodVIPDined on 11/28/2013Since becoming empty nesters we have tried a different place for Thanksgiving Dinner each year. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal at The Capital Grille this year. One of us gets the Traditional and the other orders from the menu. All of the food was excellent and delicious. The service was very good even though this Holiday isn't the best day for anyone to be working. We look forward to our next meal at the Capital Grille - ASAP.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving celebrationvip2013VIPDined on 11/28/2013This was a wonderful way to spend the holiday. No dishes and the turkey was outstanding. Enough leftovers for that evening. We will be back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/27/2013God food and service, but for the $$$ a notch below Jeff Ruby's restaurants.
- Delightful LunchEnjoyableVIPDined on 11/25/2013Enjoyed a delicious lunch in a lovely setting. Highly recommend the lobster roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CINCINNATI CAPITAL GRILLELSSBBSreviewsVIPDined on 11/23/2013WE HAD A WONDERFUL DINNER.....AND ONE OF THE BEST SERVERS WE HAVE EVER HAD. OUR SERVER'S NAME IS JODY.....HE WAS DELIGHTFUL AND A PLEASURE TO DEAL WITH.....A GREAT GUY!!!Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsLDLottsVIPDined on 11/22/2013I can only say it was okay. The feeling amongst the group was for the prices the service and the food should be better. Having a server with a smile might have helped. The noise level also made it hard to hear each other especially when a manager needed to have conversations by our table with other guest.Special Features:
- Less than expectedCincySamVIPDined on 11/22/2013Not new to Capital Grill chain. This one unfortunately doesn't meet up with the level I expect for a high end dining. For starters, the wait staff (3) that served us were abrupt & rushed our entire meal. The Salads arrived as quickly as appetizers & we didn't even get a chance to finish starters before the plates were removed plotting down our steaks. Then we had to ask for a dinner forks twice (forgot we weren't even using a steak knife either at that time.) At the end of our dining, 3rd waiter noticed we weren't using steak knives & rushed them over. Too late. Honestly, the food doesn't beat the rest of the competition in this area & for the price, I will chose somewhere much more serious about service and quality Will not repeat.
- AwesomeAwesomeDined on 11/15/2013Our first time at the restaurant, and we will definitely be back. The service was fantastic, and the meal was phenomenal. there was so much to choose from and our waiter made excellent recommendations. Highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffLorinnVIPDined on 11/14/2013All the staff has been wonderful, including the manager, Josh Peyton. My favorite waitress is Christine. She goes out of her way to provide excellent service.Special Features:
- Great steak and moreTonyDined on 11/12/2013great service....Emily was fabulous...attentive, good wine and food suggestions....wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was simply superbOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013The food was simply superb and Broadus was exteremly conscientious serving us. He took special attention to our celebration of a wedding anniversary. and all the staff were mindful of our previous postive experiences at The Capital Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of DardenMarkVIPDined on 11/9/2013Acquiring Capital Grill (and several other more upscale restaurants) was a stroke of genius for Darden. While Olive Garden and Red Lobster may be their biggest groups there is no doubt that Capital Grill is the crown jewel. Great steaks...well trained (unlike their bigger groups) and friendly staff...and an upscale atmosphere create a wonderful experience. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2013we have eaten at many different Capital Grille locations..the food has always been amazing, but this time we were very disappointed in the steaks. Neither steak was very juicy and was very dry.Special Features:
- Excellent Steak HouseDinerVIPDined on 11/4/2013The Capital Grille is new to Cincinnati and is excellent. Service, food quality atmosphere are all great. While they have taken the effort to localize the restaurant, for example, a large painting of President Taft is hanging, it is essentially like any other Capitol Grille. It is VERY expensive, which is not a surprise, but is a little annoying in that it is located in an open air strip mall. There is outside dining, that overlooks Seasons 52 and the parking lot. Nice to be outside, but not exactly a beautiful view. All that said, go! Try it! In the end, I may prefer the Precinct more. The food is every bit as good, but the Precinct is a little more local flavor and more reasonably priced.Special Features:
- The BestJimbevDined on 11/3/2013The best in Cincinnati.A perfect evening was had by all.Special Features:
- Service was absolutely exceptional!DragonnaVIPDined on 11/2/2013Service was absolutely exceptional! For the price, however there are other better choices.Special Features:
- THINGSCBCBDined on 10/30/2013EXCELLENT SERVICE. STRIP STEAK VERY BLAND AND TOUGH. FILET EXCELLENT. EXPENSIVE FOR CINCINNATI. I LIKE THE CAPITAL GRILL IN BOCA RATON BETTER, HOWEVER THIS IS NEW AND WILL IMPROVE LIKE WINE WITH AGE.KSpecial Features:
- Loved the restaurant - a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/30/2013Loved the restaurant - a great addition to the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ate here twice this pastBarbVIPDined on 10/29/2013I ate here twice this past week. I had their lamb burger the first time....delicious, and the cheddar potato tots......wonderful. We sat in the dining room which has a formal feel with low light. The second time I ate here I had the lobster salad, it was good. We sat on the sun porch...... bright and more informal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to CincinnatiLookoutPDined on 10/28/2013We knew Capital Grille from other cities and this restaurant is a worthy member of the group. Great steaks nice ambiance and excellent service. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary occasion very mediocreBengrlDined on 10/26/2013My husband & I celebrated our 11 year anniversary in October. The table was decorated with little hearts. Petar the waiter was very attentive. A friend, who dined there for her anniversary in September indicated for our "special occasion" we would recieve complimentary Stolle Dolle drinks, champayne with our meal, and they would take our picture & give us one to keep as a momentum of our evening. We did not recieve any of these things! Our food was mediocre for the price. The appetizer of Calamari was about the best part of the meal. My Filet Mignon was not worth the price. It was way over encrusted! My husband said his bone -in Ribeye was just Ok! For a place this expensive a Steak should basically melt in your mouth!Special Features:
- Our party of six had a greatnisleDined on 10/26/2013Our party of six had a great evening. The food- sliced filet mignon, seared tuna, delmonico steak, side dishes and desserts were outstanding. The food also held up overnight for a tasty lunch. The noise level made it a little hard to hear one another (music in the background), but it helped to be in the half circle booth so 3 of us could face the other 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- under constuctionsmokyDined on 10/25/2013I thought that things started out just fine. good atmosphere ,friendly service ,generous drinks were had by all. but, things started down hill with the appetizer ,which was very ordinary.This was followed by steaks which were poorly cooked or tough.The wine was great ,but once again the desert was very unattractive. all in all, a restaurant which needs a lot of work to reach the level of Eddie Merlots,let alone a Carlo and Johnnys.Special Features: