The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
3821 Edwards Road
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (513) 351-0814
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Himmelberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 3,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you"re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with - a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)notable wine list (132)romantic (91)fit for foodies (77)good for groups (49)vibrant bar scene (36)neighborhood gem (34)hot spot (23)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- CatsCatsDined on 7/20/2014The server was outstanding. The music was for dancing, not dining. Try Beebe Adair like the Restaurants on fourth had. Good jazz era sound without the interference in dining. This is a place for men to eat. Decor, food portions and all. The best was the service. We were placed in the path of servers, people in and when there was a room full of empty tables. This is the equivalent of sitting next to the kitchenSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and serviceMadFlavoristVIPDined on 7/20/2014Generous portions and excellent service -- worth every penny, but definitely for special occasions!! Food was excellent, artistically plated, and delicious. I don't think you can go wrong with anything on the menu. Wine list is extensive and overwhelming, but the staff is knowledgeable and able to answer ANY question you might have, as well as suggestions for pairings. You get what you pay for -- excellent food and joyful service! We will be back for sureSpecial Features:
- Just another steak placeGlenVIPDined on 7/19/2014Food was good but not spectacular. Decent service. Expensive. Nothing to differentiate itself from all the other high priced steak restaurants in town.
- Capital GrillAndrewDined on 7/19/2014It has a beautiful decor, nice valet parking, everyone was very friendly. We had a drink at the bar before dinner. Table was ready before we were so that was nice. We had a unique appetizer that was recommended by our waitress which was excellent. All the food was very good. Our waitress was maybe a little over the top in serving us, too much attention and too much talk about the food. We had a wonderful time, however, I find it over priced, especially the drinks! We spent $ 200 with tip for two meal and two drinks. Everything was Al La Carte.Special Features:
- ExcellentDatenightsrockDined on 7/19/2014Wonderful evening out. Service was superior, atmosphere was perfect, good was delightful. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealWilliamPeter1Dined on 7/19/2014Celebrating a 90th birthday we got the best service and outstanding food. The hostess greeted us asking who was celebrating....a card and confetti on the table and even a toy for our granddaughter to play with as she ate. It was a wonderful evening. I had the best steak I have ever eaten! The meal was well paced and the ambiance very warm and inviting.Special Features:
- Great wine and good selection.CoolCustomerDined on 7/18/2014Great wine and food selection. Food was done to customer request and chef did execellent job. Service was excellent. Great first experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made Our Anniversary SpecialMauriceDined on 7/18/2014The perfect Anniversary Dinner •Service and food at Capital Grille always top notch. Yes you pay a little more, but the service is 5 star! •Waitress (Ariell Burrey) decorated our table with hearts and roses. Very nice touch and my wife was extremely impressed. •Complimentary glasses of champagne •Chef sent out complimentary appetizer sampler •We received an anniversary card from staff and photo of us to commensurate the evening •Great steaks and drinks •5 long stem roses left on dashboard of car Just an overall great experience and made us feel special the entire evening. Always great food and service! Celebrate your day here!Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputationSeanOVIPDined on 7/18/2014I have dined at Capital Grill in other cities but it had been a few years. This restaurant lived up to its standards. Wine flight was excellent although I am generally not a fan of Savignon Blanc and should have asked them to skip that course. Clam chowder was as good as I have had outside of the east coast and my wife thought the French Onion soup was delicious. Shrimp appetizer and prosciutto mozzarella appetizer was delicious. Kobe steak was one of the best that I ever had. Others in my party had other cuts of steak and they raved about it as well. All of the desserts were phenomenal but I suggest sharing as the portions are huge. We brought home a couple doggy bags.Special Features:
- Did not disappointDessyDined on 7/18/2014Three of us had a great lunch at the Capital Grille. Our waiter, Drew, was attentive and knowledgeable. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it, but priceyTruefoodiesnobVIPDined on 7/17/2014Had such a nice time there, that I went 2ce in 1 week. I brought a friend for a belated birthday treat. However, I will not be going as frequently because it is quite pricey even if you are trying to eat light. I was attracted to the "generous pour" a promotion of wine tastings with generous pours for $25 & wonderful selections. I also love the lobster crab cake which I had as my entree even though it is offered as an appetizer. That along with a wonderful Caesar Salad and the "generous pour " promotion brought bill to over 100 for 2.no coffee, no dessert. I have to tell you the bread basket is wonderful. Service was good, usually better but our server was burdened with a large table at the same time.Special Features:
- foodwcDined on 7/17/2014The restaurant is beautiful. The calamari was the best. The tuna was not the best. The service was almost too attentive.Special Features:
- pattVIPDined on 7/15/2014The lobster bisque was so full of huge pieces of lobster that we could not believe it. The food was delicious and the ambiance was great but I would like to be seated the next time in the room adjacent to the bar which was really lovely looking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, but really?DpappVIPDined on 7/15/2014Everything was excellent -- food, service, wine list. But $300? Really? There are a lot of other equally great restaurants in Cincinnati, and some are half this price.Special Features:
- AnniversaryHisAngelDined on 7/12/2014My boyfriend and I had the greatest time. It was so romantic which made it feel very special to us. We plan on coming back in the near future. We have made this one of our top 5 anniversary places.Special Features:
- Excellent Service...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/12/2014The service we received is what really made our dining experience stand out. The food overall did not blow us away, although I must say the Lobster Mac N' Cheese was fabulous. Otherwise, I can't really say anything too remarkable about the filet and delmonico steaks we ordered.Special Features:
- Happily surprisedTLC22Dined on 7/11/2014I had read negative reviews but with a $100 coupon in hand I figured what could I lose. It turned out to be very good. The bread was soft and tasty, the salads were excellent and the main course, mushroom encrusted steak for me and salmon for my wife were both excellent. And the roasted asparagus was the best I've ever had with crunchy tips and tender stems. I know it sounds odd but I'd go back just for them. The server was a little chatty for our tastes and next time I would order the balsamic reduction that came with the steak on the side but all in all a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceJNF1VIPDined on 7/10/2014some othe local steak places have the attitude that you are the one privileged to come there but not Capital Grill They have great food as well as great beef but their service is tops and they really care you are thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyfellaDined on 7/7/2014It exceeded our expectations. The service was 1st class and the steak was terrific. Our server, Ahmed, was flawless.Special Features:
- Husband's Birthday DinnerbtimestwoDined on 7/5/2014I made our reservation on open table and noted that it was a birthday celebration for my husband. When we arrived, there was confetti on the table for him. We received fantastic service and were pleased with how attentive our waiter was. He made it feel like an absolute celebration. The food was reminiscent of Carlo and Johnny, fabulous steaks, beautiful presentation and service. We had a nice dessert with "happy birthday" stenciled in chocolate on the plate, what a nice touch. The details were very much appreciated. Will highly recommend for anyone wanting a romantic dinner out.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningallenVIPDined on 7/3/2014We celebrated my parents' 66th anniversary. Our server, Sue, was very kind and gracious and went out of her way to make the evening special!Special Features:
- Pricey but greatniceguyDined on 7/1/2014Our second time here and this time we made it a special occasion for our anniversary. We were treated wonderfully and the food was just as excellent as the first time. The waiter was a wealth of information about the wine list and perfectly matched our tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Excellent experience, the porterhouse was flavorful and the service was great, they even brought us a lamb chop for each of us to taste... awesome!Special Features:
- Great eveningemd21Dined on 6/30/2014The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Great steakhouse!Ribeye1218Dined on 6/30/2014We have loved The Capital Grille for years in Philadelphia, and when we moved to Cincinnati last year we were thrilled to see this one being built. It has not disappointed, and we have eaten there many times, always with great satisfaction. The Capital Grille consistently remains our favorite steakhouse, even after trying all of the other others. The combination of the great food (the bone in filet is fabulous), professional service and great ambience make it our first choice for all celebrations and special occasions - and even some random occasions when we just want a fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great serviceLVVisitorVIPDined on 6/29/2014The food and service was great. I highly recommend Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great eveningBarbMDined on 6/28/2014We will be returning because we had such a fantastic experience - starting with how we were greeted, continuing in the bar (great, friendly service even though it was very crowded), and the top notch service of the wait staff - kudos to Michael!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion must!Jbs10Dined on 6/28/2014Capital Grille was recommended to me by a co-worker. He said it was amazing and would be a great place for my anniversary. The best steaks we have ever had. The food was better than Jeff Ruby's. However the service was not as personable. My wife and I are a young couple and we believe that had an affect the service. We noticed almost all the tables around us were asked, "Are you celebrating anything tonight", or "Is this a special occasion". Pictures were taken by the staff and printed out for the customers. This hospitality was not passed on to us. If the service was more personable with us it would have been the best over all dining experience we've ever had. Would recommend to all friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrilleHoneymoonVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great from valet, food, help with wine selection, dessert, excellent service, valet bringing car back. Just excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticcksesqDined on 6/28/2014The service here was incredible and the food was amazing! My husband had the del monico, and said it was the best steak he ever had, and I agreed, as I had several bites myself. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentsoccermom6Dined on 6/27/2014We chose to eat here for our anniversary. This was our first visit to a Capital Grille. It is spendy, but the food was excellent, and the service outstanding. We will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly + very good steakRavenous1Dined on 6/20/2014Lots of steak places in cincy and this one is worth a try. Great, friendly service. Enough space between tables so you're not having to listen to others' conversations. Very good steak and other meals, well-done wine and bar list.Special Features:
- Everything is Great!lovegreatfoodVIPDined on 6/15/2014Capital Grille is a nice place for a special occasion. We were there on Father's Day. Everything we ordered was delicious and the service was great! We even had enough left over for another excellent meal the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like you're on vacationLuv2dineDined on 6/14/2014Went here for the first time with a group of 6. From the time you turn off busy Edwards Road into the lot, you feel like you are not in Cincinnati, Ohio. The host staff and all servers involved were warm, inviting and attentive. The steaks was cooked exactly as ordered. Awesome gluten-free selections. Extensive wine list. Worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Local ExperienceQueenDined on 6/14/2014I have been to other Capital Grille's and was excited to see that Cincinnati had just opened one. The standards are high and we were not disappointed. From the Delmonico to the sliced filet, the food was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. Joy and staff took excellent care of us and Heather gave a nice personal touch to the wine selection. We are already planning our next outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMisterCDined on 6/14/2014I completely enjoyed my experience. Great food and service. I would highly recommend. They made my birthday dinner one to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly memorable experience!cincybobDined on 6/13/2014My date and I had never eaten at The Capital Grille in Cincinnati and we really had a great evening! The food was superb, the service timely and not too pushy, and the atmosphere warm and accommodating. Being our first time, we were treated to a small vodka/pineapple cocktail and a prosciutto ball appetizer on the house. Nice touch. Both tasted good! We ordered lobster and the Delmonico bone-in steak. We asked for the lobster to be cut out of the shell in the kitchen and they happily obliged. The lobster was spectacular! The steak was cooked just right and very flavorful! One of the best in recent memory. Overall, we had a great meal and a great night out! Julie, our server, was pleasant and made the evening fun. Try this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Impressed!VanessaDined on 6/13/2014This was our first time dining at The Capital Grille. We will definitely be going back. It was one of the best meals we have had in quite a while. The steaks were delicious and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Service and Food were excellent!YummoDined on 6/12/2014We had a group of 9 on a Thursday night. Bartender and servers were wonderful. The food is excellent . Took photo of the group, handed out free tastings of their vodka pinapple we asked about. Free sample of app sent by chef which was also excellent. Great place. Expensive but the service and food backed it upSpecial Features:
- Fabulous!stewsl3Dined on 5/31/2014The food as well as the service was spectacular! I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.