The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
3821 Edwards Road
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 5133510814x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Himmelberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 3,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you"re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with - a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (160)notable wine list (137)romantic (100)fit for foodies (75)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (35)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (19)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Designer DebDesignerdebDined on 9/27/2014We had reservations for over a week so we were very disappointed when we were taken to a back small room with 4 tables. We would have preferred to be in the main dining room. The bread basket was wonderful and very large. The beef was excellent but the tuna entrée was very disappointing. It came out looking like a small loaf of bread. Apparently it was crusted in sesame seed which sounds great but it had no flavor. My husband did not complain as we were with another couple and felt it would ruin the experience to send back and select a new entrée. The 2 sides we tried were great - the creamed corn and au gratin potatoes. We had a good evening but it could have been great with a better table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Treated like royaltyLuv2dineDined on 9/27/2014We always have a great experience at The Capital Grille. The service is remarkable. You are made to feel like a celebrity from the moment the door is opened for you. Food is always cooked exactly as ordered. Drinks are refilled without asking and samples are brought to the table just because. It is the perfect date night spot. I feel like I am on vacation when I come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the price.RGBMD1Dined on 9/27/2014We tried CG with friends and all decided we would definitely return. I would prefer it in the cooler weather as it is rather dark inside with no outdoor dining options. Bring a sweater! Very chilly! Staff very pleasant without being overly familiar. Nice bar. Tables are nicely spaced so you are not on top of your neighbor like some other local steak establishments. Menu is varied enough to please all. Excellent martini, though on my second one they did not give me any olives which for me is part of the drink. Really good bread selection! two people had steaks and raved about them. I had salmon. A bit behind on refilling water. Minh Ho-managing partner had a sincere discussion of quality of meals with us. Impressive!Special Features:
- Good, but....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014The food was good, the service was good, I enjoyed my dining experience there. The only negative is considering the price range, I expected more than just good. We don't spend that kind of money often, but when I do I expect more than just good.
- Cici47VIPDined on 9/26/2014The food, the wine, the service--perfection!! We'll definitely be back and will definitely recommend the Grille to our friends and family.Special Features:
- Special Occasion DinnerKimMDined on 9/26/2014First timer for our 32nd Anniversary. Felt very special from the moment we walked in. The red rose at our table made our night special. Exceptional service. Hope to return soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful Anniversary celebrationfoodie2VIPDined on 9/26/2014Capital Grille really knows how to make a special occasion even more special! Tasty food and attentive, friendly service as always.Special Features:
- JimgDined on 9/26/2014Nice atmosphere and my steak and lobster was very good. My wife's sea bass was just fair. The service was good until we waited about 30 minutes for our dessert. It was expensive for what you got, but it has nice atmosphere, but at Washington prices.Special Features:
- great placeloveRuthsDined on 9/26/2014The food and service was outstanding. We had the lobster bisque which was so filled with lobster a bowl would have sufficed as a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillBillVIPDined on 9/26/2014Had late lunch with friends after Friday Cincinnati Symphony Concert and it was a terific experience. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We will return.Special Features:
- Great SaveNeverAgainVIPDined on 9/24/2014We had Broadus as our server and he was amazing. Our food had to sent back and he was great about correcting the issue and making sure we had a memorable experience (as well as the manager). I can't remember when I've had such a pleasant dining experience. We'll definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Anniversary to us!2dineforDined on 9/20/2014From the moment we ordered drinks and an app at the bar, we got there a little early, our service was fantastic! I made a note on our reservation it was our anniversary and if we might have a "nice table", and they went above the call of duty. We not only got a great table in a more quiet quaint room, we got confetti hearts on a part of our table and a card to wish us Happy Anniversary! The meal was delicious, and service from the water waiter to the food server was terrific. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to have a really nice dinner out.Special Features:
- Excellent, pricey but worth it!!TruefoodiesnobDined on 9/20/2014I do love Capital Grill, as mentioned it is quite expensive but you will get wonderful, lovely presentations, excellent wine and outstanding knowledgeable service. I have had this particular server on several occasions & she is terrific. She knows exactly what the food preparation consists of is & if you need to customize it, she takes care of it. We had dinner in the bar at a high top, yes it was noisy, lots of energy, but we could have opted for a regular table and it would have quieter. The shrimp cocktail is excellent, great cocktail sauce & I am very fussy about that. I also love their lobster crab cakes and the roasted mushroom side dish. The fish presentations are also wonderful. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- UnevenMuskegVIPDined on 9/20/2014My first dining experience at CG in Cincinnati was very positive and I have likewise had good experiences in other cities. However, my second visit to CG Cinci was a bit disappointing. Food-wise, it was okay, with 2 members of our party of 4 enthusiastic about their steaks, one dissatisfied with the dryness of the halibut and I found my porterhouse to be surprisingly bland rather than flavorful. The bigger problem was the erratic service--at times great and at other times nonexistent. Timing was way off--my wife and I received our salads and then waited 5 minutes for our companions to receive theirs. Entrees converged on us before salad plates and other used dishware had been removed. Really not acceptable at these prices.Special Features:
- They want you happy!ghost23VIPDined on 9/20/2014May be one of the best trained staff in Cincinnati, from the moment you are greeted by hostess till you leave, the staff makes sure you enjoy the dining experience all without hovering over you. Oh, the food is darn good too! My wife has a severe onion family allergy, no problem here, they were knowledgeable of the ingredients, even the bread, and offered custom alternatives when appropriate. If you have a food challenge, come here you'll like it. BTW, they started our experience with glasses of sparkling wine, nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overallCincyCDAVIPDined on 9/19/2014Great steaks and sides, though $11 for a meager field greens salad is a bit excessive. Service was very attentive and professional, just like other locations that I have eaten at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still finding its wayCincyDinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was our second time at the Capital Grille at Rookwood. Overall the food is very good -- if a bit heavy -- and does well to meet its aspiration of being a high-end steak house on par with Jeff Ruby's, etc. The atmosphere is also high-end, if a bit mass-produced. The service, however, is not up to par with the menu prices. Our first experience at this location was good (if not excellent) with a server that was chatty but took her role seriously. Our second service experience was laughable, however, with many missteps that would have been annoying at a Long Horn Steakhouse but were just unacceptable at a restaurant where a typical check for a couple approaches $200.Special Features:
- Capital Grille is a favorite!LuckyVIPDined on 9/17/2014The food and service were wonderful making this a very good value relative to other local steakhouses of similar caliber. Our server, Gavin, was very nice. Chef David was in working his usual culinary magic in the kitchen! We can't wait to go back and try other menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchForTheLoveOfFood2013Dined on 9/15/2014Went here for a business lunch. Definitely a little pricey but worth it. I had the lobster roll and the watermelon feta salad. Very good.Special Features:
- DonnyDined on 9/14/2014The customer service was outstanding. We really enjoyed ourselves, very impressive.Special Features:
- UpscaleFatfrumeatingVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was a very fine upscale restaurant for our group. The necessity of this review to be 50 characters demeans the experience.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceCarolVIPDined on 9/13/2014I frequent Capital Grilles all over the country, and I am extremely disappointed in the service I received at this location. Not only was the service extremely slow, but our server forgot to bring our sides, yet still charged us for them, and when we requested to have one of our steaks packaged to take home, she never brought it back to the table. We spent over $400 on food and drinks, and the meal was completely unsatisfactory due to the service. I, along with my guests, are extremely disappointed.
- Spectacular mealTBoneDined on 9/13/2014Spectacular meal. Wonderful ambiance. Ariel was delightfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another +SkipVIPDined on 9/13/20145th visit and will return again. Food and service were greatSpecial Features:
- Espensive, but very worth it,PaulDined on 9/12/2014I have rarely been treated as well in a restaurant. Great service, excellent wait person (Ariel), great atmosphere, wonderful background music. and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you...OpheliaVIPDined on 9/12/2014...for a fabulous dining experience. Our waiters, Broadus and Kelly, were very attentive, knowledgeable and patient with our group. We felt that the "personal touch" was extraordinary. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWjollyjoeDined on 9/12/2014Best steakhouse in Cincinnati. Beautiful place to dine, seating is spacious and you don't feel like you are sitting on top of the table next to you. The staff is above excellent! Michael was our server and was simply magnificent. Water never got below 1/4 of a glass, food was perfect. Desert was beyond expectations. GO HERE and ENJOY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!BrooDined on 9/12/2014Everything about this restaurant was perfect! Right from the start we were treated royally- valet parking, and staff opening the door and welcoming. We were sat a special "Happy Birthday " table with confetti and card, close to the door, as requested for my husband's mobility problems. Our server(Ariell) was were personable, informative and efficient. The food itself was awesome- Steak and Lobster Tails for me, Filet over asparagus risotto for my husband (a special). Sides were the creamed corn (delicious smoky flavor from bacon seasoning) and AuGratin potatoes that could have been a bit more flavorful. Desert was served on a HB plate, and we ended with a complimentary champagne toast. Expensive, but worth it. Used an AMEX $50 coupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationHotsakeDined on 9/10/2014What can I say. You get what you pay for. It was an expensive experience, but well worth it . At our table, we had steak, fish and lamb shops. All came hot, seasoned well and prepared as ordered. We were celebrating a birthday. The birthday girl got two samplers for dessert: flourless chocolate cake and cheesecake made with ricotta. Both were excellent. We would go again!Special Features:
- Recommend for Special BirthdaysBallet8093VIPDined on 9/10/2014We celebrated a milestone birthday for my mom here and it was incredible! They pulled out all the stop- table decorations, bday card, roses, samples between meals, cocktails samples AND they even took a photo of us at dinner to take home. It made the night an event that we won't soon forget. The service is fantastic as well. Be aware- this is a special occasion type place- our bill was around $100/person and we did not order cocktails or many add-ons. As I said, it was a very special occasion so it is more of a once or twice a year type of place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaffConcordCookieDined on 9/9/2014Every member of the staff from the bar to the restaraunt was very accomodating, gracious and super friendly. Hats off to all!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014The waiter was excellent and knowledgable. We would definitely return!Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014Another fabulous meal at the Capital Grille. Not only was the food absolutely delicious, but our server, Ariel, was just amazing. She always makes us feel like we're her only table, and goes over and above to make sure our anniversary, birthday, etc. celebration is jsut out of this world.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING SERVICE!DFNKVIPDined on 9/5/2014From the moment we walked into the Capital Grille, we felt welcome. Greeted and welcomed by the host staff, we proceeded to the bar for a pre-dinner cocktail. The bar staff was friendly and attentive. We were seated at a nice table and had a most terrific waiter, Sue Morris. The meal was typically outstanding and the service provided by Sue was the same. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!MAWJVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing meal, but it was nothing to compare to our top-notch service. Our server was knowledgeable about the extensive wine list and was able to recommend courses for us. She didn't hesitate to suggest splitting and sharing, which many restaurants hesitate or dislike to do. She even brought a few extra tastes of sides we considered ordering but didn't. We took advantage of the "Generous Pour" wine sampling, which at $25 per person was a great deal. (I believe this tasting is offered only in the summer.) Three whites and four reds throughout the meal, and all were very good! Cincinnati is lucky to have Capital Grill here, and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Best Capital Grill in the countryDoctorDDined on 8/30/2014We have eaten at several Capital Grills around the country and this was the best. In a long life of dining both in the US ann abroad, our experience here ranked among the best we have ever experienced. The service was impeccable, the food excellent and well prepared and the wine list quite good. But what set this experience apart, were the little extra's that were always in play. We noted when making our reservation that our evening was, in part, a celebration of our grown grandson's belated birthday. Not only was the table subtly decorated but the waiter tooka group photo and presented us with the result.Special Features:
- OutstandingPeteDined on 8/25/2014They go above and beyond with customer service. We've spent our last two anniversaries there, and my wives birthday. It's a chain that doesn't feel like a chain. The food is excellent as wellSpecial Features:
- LynanntlynannDined on 8/22/2014The food as always excellent but the service that we received for Peter was outstanding - even a notch above the normal service we received..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, But Worth Every Penny.PickyPairDined on 8/22/2014We visited The Capital Grille for our 27th Wedding Anniversary. We made reservations on Open Table on Friday morning for that evening. We put in the comments section that we would like a table suitable for an anniversary. When we arrived, we were greeted by pleasant hosts & were seated immediately. Our corner table was covered in rose petals, heart confetti, 2 long stem roses & an Anniversary card. Our waiters & the manager all greeted us with Anniversary wishes & catered to our every need all evening. We were served several on-the-house items, including 4 glasses of champagne, a small appetizer & a dessert. All of our food was just wonderful, especially the Kona Crusted steaks with shallot butter. We highly recommend The Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Best service, really made you feel special. Outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.