The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
3821 Edwards Road
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 5133510814x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Himmelberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 3,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you"re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with - a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (162)notable wine list (128)romantic (100)fit for foodies (68)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (29)vibrant bar scene (19)great for lunch (18)hot spot (15)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (8)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful experience!MAWJVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had an amazing meal, but it was nothing to compare to our top-notch service. Our server was knowledgeable about the extensive wine list and was able to recommend courses for us. She didn't hesitate to suggest splitting and sharing, which many restaurants hesitate or dislike to do. She even brought a few extra tastes of sides we considered ordering but didn't. We took advantage of the "Generous Pour" wine sampling, which at $25 per person was a great deal. (I believe this tasting is offered only in the summer.) Three whites and four reds throughout the meal, and all were very good! Cincinnati is lucky to have Capital Grill here, and we'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Best Capital Grill in the countryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We have eaten at several Capital Grills around the country and this was the best. In a long life of dining both in the US ann abroad, our experience here ranked among the best we have ever experienced. The service was impeccable, the food excellent and well prepared and the wine list quite good. But what set this experience apart, were the little extra's that were always in play. We noted when making our reservation that our evening was, in part, a celebration of our grown grandson's belated birthday. Not only was the table subtly decorated but the waiter tooka group photo and presented us with the result.Special Features:
- OutstandingPeteDined on 8/25/2014They go above and beyond with customer service. We've spent our last two anniversaries there, and my wives birthday. It's a chain that doesn't feel like a chain. The food is excellent as wellSpecial Features:
- LynanntlynannDined on 8/22/2014The food as always excellent but the service that we received for Peter was outstanding - even a notch above the normal service we received..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, But Worth Every Penny.PickyPairDined on 8/22/2014We visited The Capital Grille for our 27th Wedding Anniversary. We made reservations on Open Table on Friday morning for that evening. We put in the comments section that we would like a table suitable for an anniversary. When we arrived, we were greeted by pleasant hosts & were seated immediately. Our corner table was covered in rose petals, heart confetti, 2 long stem roses & an Anniversary card. Our waiters & the manager all greeted us with Anniversary wishes & catered to our every need all evening. We were served several on-the-house items, including 4 glasses of champagne, a small appetizer & a dessert. All of our food was just wonderful, especially the Kona Crusted steaks with shallot butter. We highly recommend The Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014Best service, really made you feel special. Outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014excellent service. Liked the "Generous Pour" wine program.Special Features:
- WOW!BigRed27Dined on 8/20/2014If you are looking for a resturant to celebrate a special occassion- look no further! They will make you feel like a king and queen throughout your meal! We celebrated our anniversary and were welcomed with roses, confetti on the table and a handwritten card. We also were treated to glasses of champagne and a beautiful dessert tray. What a fabulous experience that we will never forget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Fabulous menu choices. Moderately sized excellently prepared offerings, most unusual for Cincinnati where large quantities of food are the requirement with quality a distant second. Excellent wait staff, attended to our every need.Special Features:
- Food for a thoughtlove2dineVIPDined on 8/14/2014I thought the location of this restaurant was very convenient to my home. The atmosphere was very nice and modern. However it took over an hour and forty minutes to get our food because our waiter took at least 30 minutes before actually taking our order. He ran down the menu which was pretty annoying and I could not get a word in because he was rambling on. He seemed irritated with any questions I or my husband had and did not seem approachable. Not to mention he was very sweaty. The food was just okay, my husband did not like his chard steak and was unaware that they char it. The sauce on my steak was not appealing, the only thing that was tasty was the mac, n cheese. I don't think we will return to Capital grillSpecial Features:
- Chef's RecommendationlindseyeDined on 8/10/2014My biggest take-away from this experience was probably when our waitress said the chef's recommendations were just that. She said while they are recommended as is, feel free to mix any steak or entrée with any toppings, sauces, etc that are found on any of the other entrees. Everything felt very catered to us, which was a wonderful experience. I also love the a la cart sharable sides - great for a group or a romantic date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed, againwwpls2Dined on 8/9/2014This was our second visit this year. Again, the atmosphere is great, the bar is vibrant, but once we were seated for dinner things slowed to a crawl. Two hours and 45 minutes between being seated and our check is simply too excessive. While most of the food was amazing, my bone in sirloin (a chef's selection) was obviously an inferior cut of beef. Dry aging doesn't turn it into prime. For the cost of this dinner there are just too many superior options in Cincinnati. Not sure I'm up for a third chance.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodNeufDined on 8/9/2014We visited The Capital Grille for dinner with another couple. The service was great, but the food was just ok. I had the tuna which was a little over done, but the steak and sea bass were both good. In my opinion, the drinks were generous pours, which I appreciated. All in all a good experience, but pretty expensive for a "good", but not "great" meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceRichieVIPDined on 8/9/2014My family met for a dinner and we had an awesome experience. The Waiter and staff were attentive but not over bearing. I can't wait to return and try other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2014The food was very well prepared and just as we ordered. A slight reduction in overall rating because we were here over two hours for dinner from start to finish. There were Long spells between drinks, courses and re-fills. Perhaps, servers are responsible for too many tables? Our server, by the way, was very pleasant and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Terrific experience!PeytonVIPDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I were seated in their open-air patio room on a beautiful evening. Everything was perfect - wine, salads, filets. The servers were very attentive but not intrusive. It's expensive but for the right occasion - worth every penny!Special Features:
- Staff is friendly and invitingdiverwlnDined on 8/6/2014Some high end steak houses in Cincinnati have wait staff who are very polished and professional but are less engaging, unless one is a regular (weekly?) guest. The people at The Capital Grille are welcoming, friendly, but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Recently took my wife here for a date night and to congratulate her on a new job. Outstanding service by Jeanette T and William H! Both were very professional with prompt and respectful service. Jeanette's grasp of the wine list was impressive and her pairing suggestions were on point. Lobster and crab cakes were flavorful. Generous portion of lobster and the crab was delightful. Porterhouse was perfectly prepared and the dry age process was highlighted by a light seasoning that allowed the steak to shine. Cheesecake was absolutely magnificent. Light and fluffy but still carried a creaminess without overbearing richness. We were both extremely well pleased with our visit and will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the CityISaidItDined on 8/5/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Capital Grille. Top notch service across the board from the time we entered the restaurant until we departed. Our waiter was Ron and he was impressive to say the least. The food; I can't say enough about how great everything tastes. I ordered the Filet Oscar and hubby ordered lamp chops (Ron suggested and my husband let him know what a great suggestion it was). We shared the lobster mac and cheese and grilled asparagus both divine. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceMia86VIPDined on 8/5/2014We were treated like Queens there! Our server was absolutely amazing and I have never had better service anywhere! Since it was our first time there, he gave us a complimentary watermelon/feta/heirloom tomato salad, and 2 petite desserts. The food was amazing too! I had the lump crab/lobster burger and it was meaty. The entire patty was made of lobster and crab, no filling. I had such a great experience we are going there for lunch next week! Great spot for work meetings or taking out clients.Special Features:
- PricyDined on 8/2/2014The wine tasting for $25. was a good deal but everything else seemed pricy. A side dish of some kind should come with the entrees for what they charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCincyEatsDined on 8/1/2014Really enjoyed our visit. We were three adults and two children (15 & 10). The staff did a great job and our server (Jayna) was outstanding. Service was top notch - well paced and always there when needed. A couple of our steaks came out overcooked, but still good. Only when asked by the server did we make mention of it and they went overboard to accommodate. Looking forward to going back soon for another great meal.Special Features:
- thshDined on 8/1/2014we celebrated our anniversary and it was a wonderfully experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodweskDined on 7/31/2014Once again we had a very good experience at The Capital Grille. The food is excellent and the service is top notch. At first we were shown a booth by the kitchen. Not a good location since the couple we were with had not dined there before. We asked to be shown another booth and the hostess obliged and we were satisfied with the new location. Very extensive wine list. Nice choice of side dishes and they can be shared. Definitely would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant fairiliadDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant is excellent. the medallions of beef we had were superb and the lobster bisque was unique in that it had actual lumps of lobster in it, cocktails and wine were just right. The service could not have been better. Jason our waiter showed complete attention to our needs and made excellent recommendations to guide our selections.The restaurant is also grat at confirming reservations and following up to ask how you enjoyed your occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerLunchGuyDined on 7/27/2014First time to Capital Grille for dinner and enjoyed it very much. I had the Kona bone-in sirloin which was cooked perfectly and was very good, but think next time I'll stick to a steak without a sauce. As I said, was very good, but prefer my steak without a sauce. My wife had the bone-in filet and said it was the best steak she has ever had. The au gratin potatoes were also excellent and as the online menu says, not to be missed. Good service, nice ambience. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- ExceptionalCG1loverDined on 7/26/2014It was an amazing experience. Dinner was fabulous. Our server, Ariell was positive, knowledgeable and efficient. Everyone is happy you chose CG. You are treated so well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014Entrees were perfectly prepared -- Filet Oscar and Porcini-rubbed Delmonico. Service was outstanding. Personal greeting by Managing Partner was a nice touch.
- Great timeGoGreenDined on 7/26/2014Our second time here service was excellent Bone in steak special was a little fatty and grissel. My steak was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSunshineDined on 7/26/2014This was our first time eating here. The food was exceptional. The service was good. We would definitely come back even for appetizers and drinks as the food was delicious and fresh.Special Features:
- Very memorable evening!foodie2VIPDined on 7/25/2014The staff at Capital Grille make you feel welcome from the valet to hostess to server. We celebrated my birthday with friends but did not inform the restaurant. Our friendly and attentive server, Julie A, just happened to see a gift my friend brought me and asked about it. She not only really went out of her way to make me feel special but included my husband and our friends with all types of surprises. The Generous Pour wine special is an excellent value and the wines were delicious. We all had steaks (filet and Delmonico) which were cooked to perfection. I highly recommend Capital Grille! We cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConMDined on 7/25/2014Price of meal too high for quality of food. Rather dine at Ruth's ChrisSpecial Features:
- Steaks were disappointing.DisappointedDined on 7/25/2014The server & table location were excellent. We enjoyed the wine sampling and the soup/salad was quite good. We were disappointed for our 2nd consecutive trip by the steaks. My wife ordered the filet medium and it came out cooked at 3 different temperatures across the filet. One side well done, the middle was medium rare +, and the other side medium. I ordered the bone in filet special and ordered it medium rare plus telling them i'd like it closer to medium. The steak came out purple. The chef was very kind and offered to cook it more. The second time the steak came out medium on the outside, and still close to rare by the bone. On the 3rd attempt, the steak was medium well on 2/3 of the steak due to the multiple attempts on the same steak.Special Features:
- Great experienceCinciFoodieVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was our first time here and everything surpassed our expectations! Great service, amazing food and great ambiance for our anniversary. Thank you Jayna and the entire staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Capital GrillTracyDined on 7/25/2014This is one of the finest restaurants that my husband and I have ever eaten at. The service is spectacular and makes the experience top notch. Try this place for a delicious meal-the best steak around! fine dessert- the coconut cream pie is the bomb! and some of the finest coffee to finish the evening with. You won't be sorry!Special Features:
- LovelychoosyladyDined on 7/25/2014For our anniversary dinner, we were greeted with a long-stem red rose, decorative red hearts strewn on our table, a congratulatory card from the restaurant, and free champagne toasts. The food was delicious--some of the best I've ever had--the service was attentive, but not overbearing, and not rushed at all. We felt like we could take our time and enjoy the ambiance of the evening. After dinner we were given a special anniversary dessert plate with the most delicious sweets I've ever tasted. It was a lovely evening--just lovely. The cost is not inexpensive, but for that special occasion it was well worth it.Special Features:
- Great Generous PourClaraandJimVIPDined on 7/24/2014We went with another couple for the Generous Pour and dinner. The guys ordered the Porcini Rubbed Delmonico and the women got the Filet Oscar. All 4 steaks were excellent (probably the best in this city), as were the 7 wines we tasted. This was our 3rd time at Capital Grille and, like before, the service was top notch.Special Features:
- Great for special occasiondandjDined on 7/23/2014We visited on my birthday, and they did several things to make it special, including a free dessert. The food was excellent and the steaks were cooked as requested. The wine flight (a summer promotion) was a fun way to try several wines (and they were all good) and was paced nicely with our courses. Service was excellent. The high prices would keep me from visiting often, but I'd return for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Expensive and goodchungclanVIPDined on 7/20/2014We went because we had a gift certificate, and we were pleasantly surprised. Food quality was consistently excellent, from bread basket and salted butter to tender steak and an excellent an excellent sea bass in tomato broth. Would definitely return for a special occasion or if we win the lottery.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatsCatsDined on 7/20/2014The server was outstanding. The music was for dancing, not dining. Try Beebe Adair like the Restaurants on fourth had. Good jazz era sound without the interference in dining. This is a place for men to eat. Decor, food portions and all. The best was the service. We were placed in the path of servers, people in and when there was a room full of empty tables. This is the equivalent of sitting next to the kitchenSpecial Features: