The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
3821 Edwards Road
Cincinnati, OH 45209Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (513) 351-0814
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Himmelberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Cincinnati
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 3,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you"ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you"re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with - a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
The Capital Grille - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
197 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (155)notable wine list (133)romantic (92)fit for foodies (78)good for groups (49)vibrant bar scene (37)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (23)great for lunch (15)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great Service, Fantastic Foodjdb1Dined on 11/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here, and we were treated quite specially. Upon arrival, there were little decorative hearts strewn about our table, and a congratulatory note left by the staff. We had a complimentary cocktail and dessert. The special attention paid to us by our wait staff was peerless. The food was amazing, each of us had a steak. The restaurant is only too happy to customize the portion sizes. Great experience, would definitely go again and recommend it to any of our friends celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience every time!llm1968VIPDined on 11/21/2014Had dinner in the beautiful bar. The staff is professional and the food was great. The bone in filet special was amazing! Thank you for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatriciaPatriciaDined on 11/21/2014Always a good place for steak. This was my third visit in a month; one visit with my son was at the Tampa Capital Grille. When you go, hope your waiter is "Chris".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeds high expectations!LuckyVIPDined on 11/9/2014Every trip to Capital Grill is wonderful and each experience is even better than the one before. You absolutely can't go wrong here. The food and service is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!DCookDined on 11/9/2014Over priced, WAY over priced, quality of food was very marginal, service just ok. For the price we paid (over $300 for 4 of us with only 3 glasses of wine) I expect much higher quality food and service. Wine was also way over priced. I totally understand mark up, but a glass of Meiomi for $15 is a bit much when I can buy the bottle at Kroger for $15-$17!!Special Features:
- Shaky start and end. Great middleNRDEPRVIPDined on 11/8/2014Another great dining experience at Capital Grille in between a shaky start and a shaky end. There for dinner on a Saturday night. Upon being shown to our table I was provided with a lunch menu as opposed to a dinner menu. Wine list was also a bit slow in coming by. At the end of the evening waitress brought the wrong bill to our table. May have gone unnoticed except it was about $100 more than we felt we spent.Special Features:
- The service here is spectacular!ehandVIPDined on 11/8/2014They use what I call a "tag team " service model. There are extra wait persons on the floor so whoever goes by your table does what needs to be done to help the diner have a great experience. Cincinnati has many Steak Houses. Jeff Ruby, Carlo and Jonnie, Ruth's Chris etc but Capitol Grill Is the best! This is New York or Chicago quality dining without the parking and transportation issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bks18VIPDined on 11/7/2014Food was delicious. Definitely will return. Service was great. We were celebrating a birthday with friends and had a great evening.Special Features:
- Classy Steakhouseeatery1Dined on 11/6/2014Classy appearance in & out. Service was excellent. Food was outstanding - twice baked, lobster mac, asparagus. My server chosen NY strip was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceClaraandJimVIPDined on 11/1/2014This was our 4th dining experience at Capital Grille. As always, the service was outstanding from the moment we walked in until we got in our car. My husband loves steaks prepared au poivre style and, in his opinion, this was the best he's ever had. My lamb chops were also prepared to perfection. The restaurant was packed but we were actually seated 5 minutes ahead of our reservation. Capital Grille is now at the top of our list for special occasions and business dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- buckeyechemVIPDined on 11/1/2014The restaurant was absolutely slammed the night we visited. We had a reservation but had to wait for 40 minutes before being seated. Because of this, there was a cheese plate with wine pairings compliments of the restaurant waiting for us at our table which was a nice gesture. The staff was cordial and very attentive. The steaks are superb and the wine list extensive. Overall, in spite of a rough start, it was a very good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodmarcDined on 10/30/2014We thought it was as advertised-- very good ambiance, food, and service. It was a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Another great dinner!MAWJVIPDined on 10/30/2014This was our second time dining at Capital Grille, and it was again, wonderful. The food is exceptional, and the service top notch. Our server Noble (sp??) was super. Very engaging, and helpful with the menu. My only complaint was that when he offered to choose my wine after asking what types I like (which I love, and the wine was perfect), I wish he had told me it was $25 a glass!! I'm sure they have good wines for less. Our steaks were cooked perfectly, and the shaved brussels sprouts salad we had was amazing. The lobster macaroni and cheese was decent, but I like some of their other sides better.Special Features:
- Great evening - great restaurantDineWineSteinVIPDined on 10/29/2014Grilled prosciutto wrapped mozzarella appetizer, shaved brussel sprout salad, bone-in Kona crusted dry aged sirloin w shallot butter and, a side of creamy lobster mac n' cheese with a beautiful bottle of Zinfandel to hold up to all of the rich flavors. No room for dessert. Top to bottom, beginning to end, the food spoke for itself. The service (Evan) was impeccable. Spent a week in Chicago in September eating at an array of their high end steakhouses. A good time for sure but, this meal beat them all.Special Features:
- Great service, great foodamandafDined on 10/27/2014The service is great - they make it a point to call you by your first and / or last name. I had the filet mignon and it was excellent. Husband had the sea bass and wasn't impressed. Twice baked potatoes were delicious but was a huge portion for 2 people. There were a few group paparties there on a Monday night and it seemed to work out great for them. Bar was pretty busy and there are tons of drink options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & Very Good FoodConcordCookieDined on 10/27/2014Like the last time we were there, our waiter Petar was excellent. I would highly recommend requesting a table in Petar's section. The Calamari appetizer is nothing short of phenomenal if you enjoy spicy dishes. The Fresh Mozzarella Tomato Basil, superb, and the Brussel Sprouts were excellent. The Herb Roasted Chicken and Sea Scallops, well my, my! You have to go there and enjoy.Special Features:
- GreatBellaDined on 10/27/2014The Capitol Grill was "spendy" but I haven't been to a restaurant where all five of us loved the food we ordered in a very long time. The service was superb without being annoying. We had three Birthdays and the dessert was unique. The waiter even took our pictures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor start, amazing finishBlazinKYDined on 10/25/2014We arrived early for our reservation time expecting to be seated on or about the time reserved. However we ended up being seated over 20 minutes after our reservation time. Our server was amazing and made our group completely forget about the earlier wait. He was more knowledgeable than expected and presented the information in an entertaining manner. The food was great and the recommended wine pairings were thoughtfully planned. The steaks are large here, so one side was split between four adults. Porcini rubbed Delmonico and Gorgonzola topped sliced filet were magnificent. Overall, Capital Grille is a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a bummerjohnnyboyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Extremely disappointed - good service brought down by not getting the wine and food right.
- Sides were good, steaks were so-soDaveDined on 10/25/2014For the prices on the menu, I really expected a high quality meal. Instead, my wife and I both had issues. My wife's was over cooked and had to be sent back. The sear on my steak was more of a char and it gave it a distinct burned taste. When a steak house charges $50 for a steak, you expect the chef to nail the sear and temperature of the meat. I noticed another table had to send their food back twice so I feel some what sure it wasn't just my wife and I being picky. I would recommend Embers, Jeff Ruby's, The Precinct, or J. Alexanders before I recommended The Capital Grille. The sides were quite good, so there is at least that.Special Features:
- RXMANDined on 10/25/2014excellent food & service...will be returning (better than Jaggs)Special Features:
- great foodQueenCityGenieDined on 10/24/2014My favorite place in Cincinnati to eat. Always outstanding food and service. They never disappoint. Highly recommend if you have never beenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and loud!KendyDined on 10/24/2014While not a place for a quiet romantic dinner, it is a place for excellent food, excellent service and obviously lots of,people who are enjoying it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night dinningPaulBDined on 10/24/2014Great restaurant. It is little bit on expensive side, but worth it. Food was delicious and service is good.Special Features:
- Food good slow serviceButtonDined on 10/20/2014Arrived at seven, seated immediately and ordered wine and appetizer to start. Appetizer came at 7:55. My friend and I split the Delmonico steak and had two sides. With a glass of wine each the total bill was about $100. Servings are large. There were only six tables filled so why was the service so slow? I had to flag down a server to fill my water glass. The food is really good once it comes albeit pricey. Definitely split an entre or order half.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High EndJPG13Dined on 10/19/2014Great Place, Very Good Food and Excellent Service. One of the more expensive restaurants in town and would recommend the Mac & Cheese and split a steak if you have to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gbs213VIPDined on 10/18/2014Good food, good service, a great spot to celebrate a special occasion. A great wine list but don't expect a lot of help from the staff in choosing a wine, as most have very little wine knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014After a botched reservation at another restaurant, we quickly booked a table for four using Open Table. We were even able to be accommodated with a booth! We had an excellent server who did not rush our dinner and our steaks were cooked exactly as we requested. We have dined at this location multiple times and have always enjoyed great food and wine. The service is impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Lrt162Dined on 10/18/2014This was my second meal at Capital Grille and it was just as good as the last. The mushroom rubbed steak was amazing. The service was great - the wait staff was attentive but we did not feel rushed. I recommend this when you have a few extra bucks and want an outstanding steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimrayVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great food and service. Have eaten in numerous Capital Grill locations......this experience was every bit as good as the others. Impressed with follow up phone call the next day inquiring about our experience.Special Features:
- Oh what a night!thefoxesDined on 10/18/2014A fantastic experience from wine list, to wait person to food, everything exceeded our expectations! It was a wonderful experience and we will go back, without a doubt.Special Features:
- DelightfuldocJ1Dined on 10/18/2014Our server,Noble, made our evening. He was delightful, knowledgeable, and attentive after having a bad experience several months earlier. He hinted us to our food selection and a wine to meet our compliment. We felt welcomed from the time we valeted our car to finishing our meal and being thanked for coming that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation follow upFoodieDined on 10/17/2014We had reservations for four. Checked in at desk 10 minutes before our time. Wentire to bar area as advised. We were never approached after that by hostess. We had to finally, after 30 minutes, go to desk and inquire. Hostess stated she did not realize we were "ready" for dinner. Unfortunate given after that our experience was great Nd food was too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placefieldsna82Dined on 10/17/2014Went for our 6 year wedding aniversary and had a great time. The food was excellent, the ambiance is great for specisl ocasions such as aniversary and date night. Not to noisy, and the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noname1VIPDined on 10/16/2014The Capital Grille does not measure up to several other restaurants in Cincinnati that specialize in steak and steak-related menu items. Capital Grille charges comparable prices to the other, well-known steak houses, but does not deliver the same quality and value for the price.
- Food was devineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2014The filet with the porcini rub and balsamic reduction was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food-long waitkikiDined on 10/11/2014We had reservations, yet were quickly encouraged to go to the bar for a drink as they prepared our table (I always assume this an upsell tactic). We were then seated at a very nice table for two out in the interior porch area that would be fantastic on a day you could open the windows. The downside was that we were seated next to a very large group that was extremely loud. There was not a single sound absorptive element in the space, so the noise was deafening. The room was very drafty and cold even to my husband who NEVER gets cold. We waited 1 hour 45 minutes for our 2 steaks. By the time our food came we were uncomfortably frozen. However, the steaks were very good as were the sides. Impressive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure about this place2long2waitVIPDined on 10/11/2014After waiting 15 even though we had a reservation. We get seated. Slow service. Had to ask for bread. And the amuse boush thst all were getting. My fish was just OK and my husbands Delmonico steak was drenched in Balsamic .. Had good flavor but really a fatty steak. I wish we went to Carlos and Johnny instead.Special Features:
- lindaVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a great evening at the bar with Danielle and Mike. They are probably the best servers in the city. It was amazing to see how many customers seam to come there every week ti enjoy the great service and food, both are outstanding! We have not been able to be there in a few months , but Danielle remembered our children's name and what was up with them. She is truly a special person who is committed to personalized service. I wish it wasn't so far away but worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an enjoyable eveningbigfanVIPDined on 10/5/2014This was our third trip to this relatively new restaurant, and we'll be back again. The service was outstanding. We liked our food- perhaps a little pricey at 40- 60 dollars for most of the main courses, and ala carte, but the quality was there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.