Capital City Chophouse
151 Airgate Drive
Morrisville, NC 27560Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Capital City Chophouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.chophousesofnc.com/capitalcitych.htm
- Phone: 9194847721
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 1100am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 400pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Leonard
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Chop House offers 2 private dining rooms, one of which will accomodate from 25 to 35 guests, and one which will accomodate 45 to 60 guests. Our events coordinator will assist you in choosing a menu most suitable to your needs. We also offer semi-private dining for smaller groups.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Steinsberger 9194847721
A word from Capital City Chophouse
For the past 11 years, customers have been streaming into the Capital City Chop House citing the delicious food, the great service and the good value. Why is it that many guests return to the Chop House so often that the staff are able to greet them by name? It’s because the restaurant maintains a level of quality and consistency- thanks to the credentialed chefs and experienced wait staff- that diners have come to depend on. Perhaps the most important constant at the Chop House is the Certified Angus Beef Brand; considered the “royalty of beef.” Less than 8% of all beef makes the CAB grade, yet the Chop House serves only CAB across the board, from center-cut steaks to burgers. The Chop House philosophy is to let its delicious steaks speak for themselves, seasoning them with a simple grating of tricolored peppercorns. The Chop House serves only the highest quality of products available; join us for lunch or dinner. Private banquet rooms are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Capital City Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Morrisville ›
Capital City Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)good for groups (26)great for lunch (18)romantic (17)neighborhood gem (10)notable wine list (8)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- RussDined on 8/30/2014Made a note via Opentable that it was our wedding anniversary. We were greeted at the door with a "Happy Anniversary" by the person who appeared to be the manager. Our server Brandon also noted our anniversary in a very sincere manner and took very good care of us throughout our evening. We were given free dessert as well which was a very nice gesture. Everything we ordered was exactly as it should have been, good crabcakes and prime rib cooked to order.
- Best Steaks & Outstanding ServiceJAPUNCDined on 8/30/2014Capital City Chophouse continues to serve some of the best steaks in the Triangle. The food is cooked to perfection and flavorful, but not overly priced. It's a great deal compared to other local steak restaurants. The atmosphere is always pleasant, and the staff is well versed and prepared to make recommendations. Also, the staff takes pride in providing outstanding customer service. Even those preparing and cooking the food inquired of our meal, and genuinely wanted to know if we enjoyed every bite. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect end of day business dinnerevans2468Dined on 8/28/2014I really was very pleased with this whole experience. We had some of our party hung up in traffic and one needing to leave early. The server was wonderful! We felt relaxed and well attended to without interruption and intrusion into our conversation. Food was terrific, and server was aware of the time issues. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- disappointedlyndylynDined on 8/23/2014I have to say we love our steak and we went to the Chophouse on a friends's recommendation. The place was empty the ambiance was old and we were very disappointed in our food. Our steaks were over cooked and served on a cold plate. Our sweet potato mash was inedible we think instead of cinnamon they put cayenne pepper. We brought it to the waiters attention and he mentioned that it has a hint of cayenne pepper but when you sweat eating it there is something wrong. We actually over heard another table complain about the same thing. Our dessert took over 15 mins we think longer than our steaks. Overall the place was empty we were in and out and finished with our dinner in 1hr 10min - disappointed
- detailOasisDined on 8/23/2014The food was not what I expected. It was average in taste. Waiter was excellent. Needs a detail cleaning in the windows,blinds and walls.Special Features:
- Friday night prime rib specialGigiDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant is a favorite of ours especially on Friday nights. We really enjoyed the prime rib and the salad that has oysters on it is absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital City Chop HouseIncogNitoDined on 8/9/2014Food and service was outstanding. Great place to celebrate a special occassion.Special Features:
- EnjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Great resturant...loved the round tabel which is perfect for 5 people. Everyone in the resturant were very eager to make you happy and comfortable. Great variety on the menuSpecial Features:
- Awesome!DireQueenDined on 8/2/2014This place was fantastic. The food was very good. I highly recommend the Cheese Duo and the Bruschetta appetizers.Special Features:
- SilviaSilviaDined on 8/2/2014The service was amazing. Our waiter was exceptionally friendly and accomodating. I can't say enough about the foold. Everyone had something different and loved it all !! Price was very reasonable compared to other steak house restaurants. We can't wait to go back again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DTOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Food and atmosphere were fantastic. Just the kind of place you would want to take a client too. Also great place to treat your wife on one of those special occasions. Have to try the tuna appetizer as well as the calamari. Steaks were cooked perfect. Bartender makes a mean martini.Special Features:
- Business friendlyIcemanDined on 7/24/2014The is the place to bring clients Easy access to the airport and hotels Upscale decor and quite enough to have a business discussion while still having other tables occupied around youI would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014A group of my former coworkers and I met here to catch up on life. The facilities, service and food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!FrenchseashellDined on 7/16/2014Every time I crave red meat, I go to the Chophouse. No steakhouse makes filet mignon and prime rib the way they do, not even the overrated and overpriced Ruth's Christie. The bernaise is perfect. The wedge is superb and satisfying with chopped tomatoes and ample bacon (perfect for two). I always leave happy. I also love that it's a casual and friendly place. No need to get all dolled up. All in all, a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- haven't been dissapointed yet...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014I always choose the Filet Mignon, and they have always been tasty, lean and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakslukewarmwfDined on 7/14/2014the menu has changed much over the years as what they do they do well. steaks and cocktails are awesome!Special Features:
- PoorpaytonVIPDined on 7/9/2014Pleasant hostess. The good news ends there. Worst service we’ve had in 10 years. Openly mocked us for ordering seafood ‘Did you see the sign on the outside of the building, it says chop house’. Never asked if we needed refills on wine or water. (Both glasses were empty.) Never checked on the table but did have time to laugh with friends. No offer for dessert or coffee, just dropped the check and walked away. The food itself was the single worst meal we’ve eaten in 5 years. The décor’ was bad circa 1980’s. (Green paint, worn wood, tattered carpet.) The manager seemed to only be going through the motions. The only reason we didn’t speak with someone while there, was it was obvious no one cared. That's what $100 will get you.
- Great SteakhouseuvaeemanDined on 7/3/2014A little out of the way, I've gone here at scattered special occasions throughout the last decade. I'm not sure why it wasn't busier... Maybe because it was July 2nd. The food is just delicious. I had lamb chops which were very good and perfectly cooked. My wife had the sirloin which was extremely high quality although a touch under done. We really liked the caesar salads. Sides were good and the mile high chocolate cake was enough for four people! It's not cheap, but the decor is more suitable for a nice dinner than the Angus Barn and I didn't feel nickled and dimed like Ruth Chris. We plan to go here more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to DineTrainloverDined on 6/28/2014We have visited this location a number of times and each time we leave very satisfied, full, and happy. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Prime ribGigiDined on 6/27/2014There is a prime rib special on Friday nights that is excellent. The spinach and oyster salad is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodNcdinerDined on 6/27/2014Service and food it usually good, at lunch time expect hussle and bussle can get very busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chabcollardDined on 6/24/2014I liked the place but it was not as good overall as its competitors. The food was okay but not spectacular, the service was average, and the ambience was average. I think you once did better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,but slow for main mealILIKEPROMPTNESSDined on 6/23/2014We had a group of 9 and were approached quickly by our waitress. We had our drinks quickly. We ordered apps and had those quickly and the salads and soups followed timely after that. Then we experienced a very long wait until our entrées were delivered. There was no update during the wait and no apologies that the entrees were late. All the food was excellent though.Special Features:
- Fantastic findCindyLou75Dined on 6/21/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary and were not disappointed. I had told them we were celebrating and they pulled out all the stops to make it personal for us. The food was excellent and perfectly cooked all around. My only regret is that I didn't order the mile high chocolate cake and take it home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GingerDined on 6/14/2014I wouldn't go back or recommend to anyone. Service was really bad and for the price the food so, so. We waited a long time for our salads, than the meal came right after our salads were serviced, Couldnt get a second drink if we stood on our chairs with a loud speaker. Than during our meal they said we need to order desert now because the kitchen was closing (9:30). We skipped the desert, paid and left and went someplace else for coffee and desert.
- Best Steak in CaryJim0203Dined on 6/13/2014If you want a GOOD Steak .. come HERE.Special Features:
- Best in Class Time and AgaintravelerVIPDined on 6/10/2014This is a neighborhood Gem. Virtually just off the RDU Airport grounds and you will find this great gem. We have eaten there a number if times and we have always been pleased. Try it - you'll like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealHappyDinerDined on 6/7/2014The food and service was wonderful. The menu offered a great variety from which to choose. We were all happy with our selections, including our three teenaged sons. Thank you for a wonderful meal!Special Features:
- Service Failure-No Recovery AttemptglobaldinerVIPDined on 6/4/2014While dining with 3 friends at Capital City Chophouse, I requested a very simple modification to the menu item-no potatoes on my plate. This threw them for a loop and when I received my meal my 3 friends were within a few bites of being finished. The wait person blamed the kitchen (what a team player), but most of all the head waiter and manager, while offering apologies for ruining our meal, refused to offer any accommodation. While I wasn't expecting them to comp the meal, priced as if in NYC, a free cup of coffee, desert, or glass of wine would have cost them virtually nothing. This group apparently has little training in service. Failure to attempt to recover from service failure leads to loss of customers-like me.
- TRIED & TRUELyzaVIPDined on 5/31/2014CAPITAL CITY CHOPHOUSE is consistently good. The weekend Prime Rib addition to the menu is always fantastic. This restaurant never disappoints.Special Features:
- The following 570 reviews are from the Capital City Chophouse reviews archive.
- cmfsteakDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I have been to Capital City Chophouse about 5 times over the years. We have always enjoyed both the food and the service. This time, our server was John, who did a wonderful job. He recommended several dishes, but my favorite was the Key Lime Pie. t was fantastic!. We are looking forward to coming back for a 6th time. Also, making a reservation through Open Table is such an easy thing to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!yummODined on 5/23/2014Went for dinner and had the most buttery prime rib. Highly recommend the spinach and oyster salad as well. Service was most definitely on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as alwaysPickeyEaterDined on 5/23/2014We had dinner here Friday night and were happy that they still have the Friday and Saturday night prime-rib special, which my husband and I both got. It was cooked perfectly. The salads were also very good....Caesar for me, garden with blue-cheese dressing (full of chunks of cheese) for my husband. We chose onion rings for our second side. (The prime-rib comes with 2 sides for $29.95... a great deal.) I'm always saying I'm going to try something else on the menu for dinner, but can't resist the prime-rib, which I rarely make at home...no pun intended). We also enjoy having lunch here. The decor reminds me of a gentlemen's club from back in the day....all plaids and dark woods...very atmospheric. One of our favorite places to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryVIPDined on 5/22/2014The blue crab bisque was salty but the appetizers we ordered were all good - seared tenderloin tips, calamari and sashimi tuna. Banana Foster was so delicious(and big enough to share).Special Features:
- Business DinnerStevenDined on 5/21/2014I usually come here for lunch or dinner with business associates. Always a good meal. Service is excellent. This time the steak was a little under-done, but otherwise everything else was up to par. I always get the Crab Bisque, so I highly recommend it. I also recommend the chopped salad with Ahi Tuna.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GloJDined on 5/20/2014Excellent...Love just about everything that I order. I use open table and that works really great. The business is very clean and neatly organized. Staff just love being around people and they show it exceeding well.Special Features:
- ExcellentFlemingVIPDined on 5/16/2014Food was excellent. We went in a Friday evening - not too busy. Salads were tasty and the flounder stuffed crab was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Dining ExperienceMontanaBound63Dined on 5/16/2014We always dine at the Capital City Chop House the night before we fly back home. The menu is varied with something for everyone. Our mixed drinks were good & the service exceptional. Didn't have time to stay for a desert but saw a few I would have liked to try. Thanks for an enjoyable end to a great vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great company dinnermarkDined on 5/14/2014We had guests in town from NJ, Canada, and Germany. Everyone enjoyed the food, and atmosphere. We had a group of 10 and they provided a large round table thet made dinner conversation easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- graduation dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We had a group of 8 for a graduation dinner and we were well accommodated at Capital City Chophouse. We were seated promptly when we arrived at our reservation time. Our server was very attentive. The menu offered good variety and the food was consistently good and prepared as ordered (steaks). The wine list was also well varied and offered a range of prices to choose from. Our group enjoyed the meal and the chance to celebrate together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.