1710 West Campbell Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caperseatanddrink.com/
- Phone: (408) 374-5777
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: ADRIAN J. MULLEN
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Have us cater your party or we can prepare the food for your party for pickup.If local we can deliver.Our banquet menus are online at caperseatanddrink.com Pricing is very reasonable.We also can allow you to use our catering equipment for a small rental fee.We can create special menus tailored to the occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: Wecan accommodate up to 130 guests.Available for buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Kam Razavi 4082031664
- Entertainment: we have numerous HD flatscreen large tvs to watch sporting events simultaneously with music played in the background.be it ncaa, nba, nfl, rugby,baseball, soccer,softball, water sports, racing ,etc. we air it all.during football season come root for your favorite team and enjoy our brunch.if you are having a special event live music is allowed.we feature a classic Irish band every first Saturday of the month.Kids, parents,everyone is welcome.There is plenty of room and lots of new friends to meet in our friendly ,cozy, casual yet classy restaurant.
- Special Events: MOTHERS DAY SPECIAL MENU brunch 9 TO 3:EGGS BENEDICT,FRENCH TOAST,VEGETARIAN SCRAMBLE,NY STEAK&EGGS PLUS REGULAR MENU ALLDAY AFTER 3 WE WILL FEATURE 4 SPECIALS, FILET&PRAWNS,BAKED HALIBUT, BRAISED SHORT RIBS,ROAST RACK OF LAMB AND OUR REGULAR MENU
A word from Capers
Capers Eat And Drink features casual American bistro dining at its finest in a comfortable, cozy , chic setting.Our friendly staff will serve wholesome meals, appetizers, desserts,and we also have a children's menu, all prepared by our awesome team of chefs.Our friendly bartenders can serve your favorite beverages or try one of our signature martinis. As you walk in Capers you'll see a horse-shoe shaped bar with many tables surrounding and our kitchen on the right side.We also have a patio directly in front. Our large menu has many appetizers to choose from , from crispy calamari to carpaccio,and sandwiches such as Monte Cristo to our infamous Grilled Chicken Sandwich, beautiful salads, spinach to wedge, wonderful dinner choices,such as our cajun ahi tuna to porterhouse steak.We have pastas, hearty soups We serve lunch and dinner daily,with a brunch on Sundays.Capers has a happy hour with drink and food specials .Please take our virtual tour at CAPERSEATANDDRINK.COM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Capers reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (9)vibrant bar scene (7)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Reservation time not met.GlennDined on 10/12/2013Arrived on time only to be seated 35 min. late with no reasonable explanation. Upon be seated at a table for 5 with 6 people and next to the front door was very uncomfortable. No wait staff came to welcome us, take beverage orders and/or answer menu questions. I was about ask for the Mgr. when waitress Nancy, working a different area, recognized our situation & came to help. She made the difference for us returning to Capers. We will only attend this restaurant mid week in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't get the ribs!CaliforniaJimDined on 10/5/2013Ordered full rack of ribs. They had been cooked and refrigerated for quick reheat. As a result the outside edges were burnt and center still cold on presentation. Liquified fat in pre-cook had congealed and was not heated enough when flash cooked. Sent them back for reheat, suggested microwave as exterior already burnt. Instead they were heated on grill so even more blackened when returned to the table 12 minutes later. By then my guests had finished eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and fun atmosphereFuntimes2013VIPDined on 9/27/2013Capers is a place I went back to because the food is good and it's not expensive. On my last visit I had teriyaki beef short ribs. Delicious! The food at Capers is different from other places and that 's good. Nice ambiance, noise level was decent for a busy place good service and good fun. Try it at least once. You may be go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still noisy after 49ers winlocalcoupleVIPDined on 9/8/2013We had a nice Sunday night dinner. The crowd had left, but the restaurant was still energetic after the game.Special Features:
- Sound like a broken record ... butRobFVIPDined on 8/30/2013I keep providing feedback on Capers, on Open Table, and have the same comments. Food is great, service is good, but the noise is horrible. I guess they are busy enough that soundproofing isn't going to change any time soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are regularsOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/23/2013We have been going to Capers for many years. The menu choices have great variation so that all palates can be satisfied. Whether looking for a large meal or just something simple--Capers is our choice! The wait staff are pleasant and helpful even when the restaurant is full!Special Features:
- Fun times, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2013Wonderful place with the nicest wait staff and fantastic food. The blackened salmon was so good I licked my plate. Can't wait to go back for more.Special Features:
- Some fabric decor on the wallsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2013Some fabric decor on the walls and ceiling might help cut down on the noise level and make conversations during dinner possible. For example a heavy drape in the open upper section of the half wall between the dining room and where the dishes are apparently done might help cut down on the loud clanging of plates and dishware that bothers anyone, especially those with a hearing aide. We decided against staying for dessert because it was just too loud to have a conversation.
- Too noisydisappointeddinerDined on 7/27/2013The food was ok - nothing to write home about. The noise was way over the top. Probably will not go back again.
- A wonderful visitChuckDined on 7/21/2013On a not so busy Sunday night, seated early as we arrived early. Offered an ice bucket for our bottle of white wine--Very nice. So few places seem to do that anymore. Allowed us to leisurely dine. Food was delicious. My companion and I each had a salad, quite large and tasty (I had the pear). We had the lamb and the beef stir fry. Again, great flavors. Would definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but loudmsxcskiDined on 7/13/2013We had dinner at Capers on a Saturday evening about 7. It was about 75% full. Staff were welcoming and we were lead to our table quickly. Our orders were taken in good time and served in a reasonable time. I had a well seasoned Chicken Marsala. Very tasty and tender. I had my vegetables steamed instead of the usual sautéed and they we're done just right - tender but still with some crispness. My husband had lasagna which he described as "okay." It came with garlic bread, also "okay." Our major disappointment was the noise level. . It has also become a sports bar with multiple TVs on at least two walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always good. Not aOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/7/2013Food is always good. Not a place for a quiet one on oneSpecial Features:
- the food was excellent. winedinerDined on 7/5/2013the food was excellent. wine was good. The service was poor, we were there on a Fri night and it wasn't very busy. Our bread was brought to us after we had finished eating and no refills on the water. I have been there before and have always had a good experience but the service was horrible the last timeSpecial Features:
- Still noisyRobFVIPDined on 7/3/2013Continue to go to Capers for the food. Excellent flavors, variety, value and portion size. However, I have to be in the mood for a very noisy dining experience. Hate to sound like a broken record, but my only reservation on dining there is the noise level. Have to be in the mood to shout to my dining companions in order to carry on a conversation. Pity, as the food is outstanding. Maybe I should wear ear plugs and use text messaging with my guests (just kidding). Please do something about the noise level.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great standardtahiya8Dined on 6/18/2013This is our regular choice for what I call a sparkle meal, when you want to have something other than your workaday food and going out sounds good, but you don't really have a special occasion or excuse. Just a nice hang out dinner with good friends over good food and drinks with some little indulgences that don't break the bank.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Campbell treatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2013Our family has been going to Capers for quite a long time and we still love the place after many years. The service is excellent and they are very kid friendly. The food is great although they menu needs some new items or at least more "specials" occasionally. The bar makes great mixed drinks and the portions are great value for the money.Special Features:
- Food is always good. We haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/27/2013Food is always good. We have never had a bad meal.Special Features:
- SoundproofingRobFVIPDined on 5/27/2013Continue to come back for the food. Every dish we've had has been excellent, portions good, and a wide variety. However, we have to be in the mood for a loud experience. No quite casual talking, you must be able to speak up to be heard by your tablemate(s). Wish the owners would do something about the noise level with some soundproofing, or white-noise, or something. Can't take my in-laws there (80's) there as they can't hear us, nor can we hear them (they can't talk loud enough). Other than the loud atmosphere, excellent.
- The food and service was good---gotJulieDined on 5/11/2013The food and service was good---got seated near the door, and it was cold. Other customers were walking around us---was seated very oddly--we were a group of 6. We would have probably enjoyed our dinner more if we had a better table. Very loud crowd.Special Features:
- averagefoodloverVIPDined on 5/11/2013a bit on the pricy side. some interesting menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid choiceMontanasMomVIPDined on 5/5/2013There menu was varied and reasonably priced. The bar drinks were good and they have big screens so my husband was able to watch some baseball. It was a good family choice since they seemed to have something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hi Caps for CapersPieraliDined on 5/1/2013Things went well, our waitress was super attentive without being intrusive. The receptionist initially sat us on a noisy and crowded table when I had reserved the night before and there were other more quiet and scenic tables available. We were even early birders, so I don't get the point of it. Try to please your customers, especially when first timers on Silicon Valley restaurant week. Food was good, but I would rather have my mozarella caprese salad with the tomatoes, with olive oil extra virgin rather than with a vinagraitte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry if i say it again, butRobFVIPDined on 4/13/2013Sorry if i say it again, but you guys really should do something with sound-proofing. We love going to Capers, but we have to be in the mood to put up with a VERY loud atmosphere to go and eat.
- I have been to Capers severalOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2013I have been to Capers several times and enjoyed it each time. We were trying to decide where to go for dinner, and a friend suggested searching Open Table. Capers came up and we thought "Great!" I thoroughly enjoyed my flank steak salad and it didn't ruin my diet!Special Features:
- I really enjoyed our EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013I really enjoyed our Easter dinner, the food was very good & the service was great! Would go back again.Special Features:
- Food is always OK, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2013Food is always OK, service is always OK, please is always a bit noisy. Same time, predictable and OK.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good! ItShannonVIPDined on 3/9/2013The food was very good! It was a bit noisy for a relaxing dinner but if you don't really care what the person across the table from you is saying, it's fine. We had a table of 6 and found ourselves yelling to hear each other. Our waitress was trying her best, but there was a large group she was tending to, which made her attention on us very difficult; she always seemed in a hurry and didn't really pay attention to refilling drinks and such. I noticed many families as well as couples and groups, so there is definitely a good mix of patrons. Overall, our experience was good enough to go back and next time we will better know what to expect.Special Features:
- Gonna Have To Step It Up CapersRobo44Dined on 2/21/2013The Chef must of had an off day because we go to Capers regularly and always had a decent meal. However this time a few thing were definately cooked pooorly and it did affect our overall dinner. The sauce Honey Mustard on the Chicken Picatta was more like a thick brown gravey and chicken was over cooked,& the Pasta Dish I had was undercooked and cold.The bread was stale and tasted like it was left out all night. Gonna think twice about making Capers out first choice but they definately need to step it upSpecial Features:
- Pretty poor experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I went to Capers on valentine's day with my fiancé because it looked like a nice little bar and grill type place, and for all intensive purpose it was. We had reservations through open table and when we went in they seemed to have two reservation queue and a standby queue. It was very disorganized and there was not really any room to wait for the table. When I walked in to give the reservation name they said it would be about 15-20 minutes for a table with the reservation. It seemed as though they did not really prepare well for the reservations they had. Once we finally were seated it took a very long time for our server to take our orders. We ordered soda waters which ended up being $3.50 each. Overall the experience was very poor.Special Features:
- Very happy regular customerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013This is a fantastic neighborhood spot. Always enjoy ourselves when we are there. Parking can be a little challenging sometimes however that never stops us .Special Features:
- Probably won't be backSnobotVIPDined on 2/9/2013I have the spicy ahi and my friend has the crab cake salad. They are both just ok. I have way better for a lower price. Maybe their sandwiches are better. I don't think I will go back anytime soon even though it is in my neighborhood. The restaurant was crowded though so maybe I am just not ordering the right thing.
- Host failed to honor our reservatiogoldenarmVIPDined on 2/8/2013Host failed to honor our reservation and seated us at an open bar table that was in the isle of waiters, customers at the bar, and hostess station.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised. ThoughtOutandaboutVIPDined on 2/2/2013Pleasantly surprised. Thought this was just bar food, but Capers has a great menu and the food is well prepared. Great place for a casual dinner.Special Features:
- Find it and try it. A local gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013This is only a few blocks from my home, and we keep forgetting that it's here. I have no idea why, It's a lovely upscale restaurant that would be fine compared to others in its ilk in Los Gatos or Saratoga, and quite a bit more personable and pleasant to be in than in crowded Santana Row.Special Features:
- Food is excellent, with plentyRobFVIPDined on 1/28/2013Food is excellent, with plenty of options. Been coming here for some time and haven't had a bad meal. However, it is very loud. As long as your prepared for it, you'll love your meal.
- We walked into the restaurantbbergVIPDined on 1/25/2013We walked into the restaurant and realized we would not be able to hear our own conversation due to the horrible acoustics, and quickly walked out. I hear the food is good, but we will never return. Note that I had to make selections for Food and Service that we did not experience in order to submit this review.
- Noisy, crowded, FOOD AWESOME!!!GBPTADined on 1/18/2013We had been given a gift card from a client so we decided to try it out. It was my birthday which was a Friday. The place is small, tables too close and they do everything they can to pack you in! It is so noisy you have to talk very loud to hear each other but with all that said, the food was outstanding!!! I would go again but I would never attempt a weekend night or a night where there is a game on t.v. We have already talked about going again with friends during the week.Special Features:
- We went here for Brunch onOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/13/2013We went here for Brunch on a Sunday. We arrived shortly after they opened, and the staff seemed a little surprised to have someone come in so early. We were the only customers there for about a half an hour. They were showing a football game on all of their screens, and so by the time we left, there were a half a dozen or so other customers there, watching the game. The food and service were fine, nothing amazing, but certainly nothing bad, either. I'd love to come back during happy hour when a game is playing. I bet it would be a fun place for that sort of thing.
- Kudos to Capers for honingfiftyishfoodieDined on 1/4/2013Kudos to Capers for honing in on a loyal clientele, and from all appearances keeping them very happy. The place was packed with regulars on a Friday night, perhaps spilling over from their Happy Hour. The crowd was 40-something and above, congenial, like a neighborhood joint. A few less tables in the bar and dining areas would add comfort. I almost left because we were squished in like sardines. We were offered another table, and I appreciated that. The food was decent, with maybe too many offerings on the menu to put out an exceptional meal. Also, too much goopy cheese on the scalloped potatoes. The drinks were good, but on the small side for the price. I would bring my husband here for a burger, on a quiet night.Special Features:
- We were there on new yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2012We were there on new years eve and it was very crowded. We had the reservation and were seated promptly. The food was good, but overpriced in our opinion. For having a sports bar atmosphere they are charging fine dining prices.