1710 West Campbell Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caperseatanddrink.com/
- Phone: (408) 374-5777
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: ADRIAN J. MULLEN
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Have us cater your party or we can prepare the food for your party for pickup.If local we can deliver.Our banquet menus are online at caperseatanddrink.com Pricing is very reasonable.We also can allow you to use our catering equipment for a small rental fee.We can create special menus tailored to the occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: Wecan accommodate up to 130 guests.Available for buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Kam Razavi 4082031664
- Entertainment: we have numerous HD flatscreen large tvs to watch sporting events simultaneously with music played in the background.be it ncaa, nba, nfl, rugby,baseball, soccer,softball, water sports, racing ,etc. we air it all.during football season come root for your favorite team and enjoy our brunch.if you are having a special event live music is allowed.we feature a classic Irish band every first Saturday of the month.Kids, parents,everyone is welcome.There is plenty of room and lots of new friends to meet in our friendly ,cozy, casual yet classy restaurant.
- Special Events: MOTHERS DAY SPECIAL MENU brunch 9 TO 3:EGGS BENEDICT,FRENCH TOAST,VEGETARIAN SCRAMBLE,NY STEAK&EGGS PLUS REGULAR MENU ALLDAY AFTER 3 WE WILL FEATURE 4 SPECIALS, FILET&PRAWNS,BAKED HALIBUT, BRAISED SHORT RIBS,ROAST RACK OF LAMB AND OUR REGULAR MENU
A word from Capers
Capers Eat And Drink features casual American bistro dining at its finest in a comfortable, cozy , chic setting.Our friendly staff will serve wholesome meals, appetizers, desserts,and we also have a children's menu, all prepared by our awesome team of chefs.Our friendly bartenders can serve your favorite beverages or try one of our signature martinis. As you walk in Capers you'll see a horse-shoe shaped bar with many tables surrounding and our kitchen on the right side.We also have a patio directly in front. Our large menu has many appetizers to choose from , from crispy calamari to carpaccio,and sandwiches such as Monte Cristo to our infamous Grilled Chicken Sandwich, beautiful salads, spinach to wedge, wonderful dinner choices,such as our cajun ahi tuna to porterhouse steak.We have pastas, hearty soups We serve lunch and dinner daily,with a brunch on Sundays.Capers has a happy hour with drink and food specials .Please take our virtual tour at CAPERSEATANDDRINK.COM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Capers reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (7)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Disappointing foodJB100VIPDined on 3/2/2014Our party of 5 gave mixed reviews to the food - meatloaf entree, meatloaf sandwich were both ok. But the steak sandwich had the most tasteless piece of meat any of us had ever tried. Don't know what the deal was, but it had no taste.
- Great food but noisymit1955Dined on 2/14/2014We have wanted to try this for a long time, and decided to give this a shot for valentine's day. The food was just outstanding but it was so crowded and so noisy! The tables were a bit small and very close together. The layout was such that it was just tables around the bar so I don't know what else you could do. On the good side, the food was just outstanding. The salmon was cooked to perfection and the french dip wasn't salty. The selections from the wine list were great. Still I have heartburn spending almost $100 on a romantic dinner for two and not being able to hear the person on the other side of the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuvgoodfoodDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentines day. I had calamari which was cooked nice and crispy, not chewy, followed by a really good pear & Gorgonzola salad. The dressing was just the right amount & the spiced candied walnuts were really tasty. The New York steak was very good and the sauce with carmelized onions was wonderful. Went on a busy night and the staff seemed prepared for it. Service was great. My only let down was that they had reduced the children's menu to only one item of pasta with cream sauce just for the busy valentines day crowd. Was hoping they had a bit more variety (one or two more options ) with more protein for those of us that still bring our little ones with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedjdn75Dined on 2/14/2014I was seated early and before 3 couples and I was waited on last. the food was ordinary and over priced. the only thing I constantly asked for was refills on drinks and I would get the stink eye. I will not be going back to that restaurant again.Special Features:
- disappointed...btrcasDined on 2/14/2014Came here for Valentine's Day dinner. Our past experiences here were with good food and service and with the fun atmosphere with sports on TV's. Tonight we were very disappointed! Waitress was rushing us, trying to take our order as soon as we sat down! We wanted to have a drink and at least look at the menu! Calamari appetizer was bland and chewy (and we order calamari all the time at different restaurants, so we know when it's made well). Ahi Salad was also boring- dull, lifeless salad with charbroiled ahi, no great flavor. Prawns scampi was tasty, but the rice was undercooked and hard! They had one item on the kids menu! We would have ordered dessert, but after our dinner experiences, we left to go somewhere else for dessert.
- DinnerBrianVIPDined on 2/6/2014The scores would have been higher, but for the price ($100 for 3 of us with no drinks) I would expect more
- Bday dinnerHmm012814VIPDined on 1/28/2014Went to capers to celebrate birthday w family...everyone's entree was awesome!Special Features:
- Second time at CapersakodaVIPDined on 1/26/2014We have been to Capers twice, both time with a group. First time was for a post-wedding lunch for 14 people and the food was great and the service was good. This time when we went, it was a much smaller group (6) but our server was much more interested in talking to other servers at the bar than serving us. She never came to our table, except for the first round of drinks and to bring our dinner, without one of us flagging her down. It was not really busy in the restaurant when we had dinner but I don't think I need to chase down the server for water, bread, or more drinks. Since we had such a good experience the first time and not so good the second time, we may try a third time and see how it goes.Special Features:
- very goodzeldaDined on 1/25/2014Everything was great. food, service, fast seating. But be sure to make a reservation, we went at 5:30, no problemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our diner dateDinefor2Dined on 1/18/2014We used the open table app on my iPhone to make reservations. I am so glad we did. It was very crowded when we arrived. We were seated right away .The waitress was on the ball and It was little loud and you are seated really close to others. Our food and drinks was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience Except PayingSmithFamilyVIPDined on 1/17/2014We have been to Capers many times and the food is always good...the portions are almost too large. We unfortunately had issues with our credit card being charged multiple time and only finding out with a call from our bank that they were try to charge further money. Called the restaurant and spoke with Abby (Manager) who said they would look into it and for us to call back. Called back and they said it should work itself out over the next couple of days. Not a good reply as they screwed up. May never return as this is not how to earn trust of your customers.Special Features:
- Never again on Saturday nightKelceyryderVIPDined on 1/4/2014We chose a high top table in the bar area. Not a wise move on Saturday night. The tables are so close together I felt like I was part of the couple at the next table's argument. So noisy my head was spinning. The food is always consistent which is good. But it is a much better experience say at 5pm during the week.Special Features:
- Friday Night SpecialHmm012814VIPDined on 1/3/2014We arrived at 820p and was told they were running a few minutes behind...we sat in the bar area watching all the big tv screens and was seated at 830p (our actual reservation time)...couldn't get better than that! ordered a lemon drop and it was prepared like every other time we've been in capers...YUMMY! The group ordered the Santa Maria Linguine w sausage instead of chicken AND NY steak w garlic mashed AND the penne w sausage AND the chicken/prawns Picatta...everyone cleaned their plate as they all tasted incredible! We are never sorry that we choose Capers for lunch or dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, noise high, service slowLasergodDined on 1/3/2014We visited on a Friday night. The restaurant was very busy and very noisy. It was hard to talk. It was a good thing that we used open table to make reservation before we left. Otherwise, we would have to wait awhile. We ordered mixed green salad, short rib sliders, fried calamari, and chicken penne. The sliders were really good. The meat melt in your mouth. But the onion strings on the side were way too oily. The other dished were also pretty good. The waitress, while courteous and friendly, was pretty slow. No one came to fill up our water until towards the end when I asked to be refilled. At the end, we waited awhile for her to come pick up our check, but she wouldn't come, so we just left cash on the table and left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve DinnerMarceDined on 12/31/2013We made a reservation for New Year's Eve. We arrive and it took a little while for the server to come and take our order, but after, the food order came quickly and it was delicious, the 80's music and ambience was great, had a great time with my husband and my two children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveHungryMartyDined on 12/31/2013Although the food was very good, I was a bit surprised that the prices were raised about 40% for NewYears Eve. If there was something special that was offered, I might understand it. We had an 8pm reservation and were seated about 8:30, that was okay as we had a drink at the bar. We were told that there was some entertainment that could explain the up-charge to food. However, the entertainment was a DJ and although he was to start at 9pm, he had just finished setting up and played one song by 10pm. New Years Eve is always a bit "iffy" food wise at restaurants, but we did find the food to be really good, and would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveNAmeDined on 12/31/2013For a restaurant with casual entrees located in a strip mall, the prices are ridiculous. They shouldn't be charging that much.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!DisappointedDined on 12/31/2013We had a 7:30 confirmed reservation for New Year's Eve. I must say we were extremely disappointed with our reception or lack there of! We arrived at 7:30 promptly and were told in a somewhat condescending manner that they were unable to seat us for at least 45 minutes. There was no apology, and we were told that it was New Years Eve and that's the way it was. It was apparent there was a decided lack of organization and consideration for at least that night. This became even more apparent when we left and went next door to Hawg's Seafood. We were met warmly at the door, had a great meal, and had 2 drinks "comped" by the owner. What a difference. Night and Day. i would not even give Capers 1 star!
- Neighborhood FavoriteHyphenDined on 12/31/2013Capers in Campbell is always a great spot for dinner. Service is great and friendly. Food is consistenly very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was turned away at the doordisapointedDined on 12/31/2013I had a reservation for 7:00pm for two on New Years Eve. When I got to the desk, at 6:55pm I was informed my table would not be ready for at least a half an hour. I asked why and was told they don't hold the tables for reservations, that they are told "just keep taking reservations". A woman behind me overheard this and asked about here party of six. He said the same would be true and did I want to wait. We declined and went down to OPA'"s and had a wonderful meal. I highly recommend OPA's by the way! We waited the same 30 minutes, so it was definitely a case of "Principle". I could care less what the food is like at Caper's as I will not go again. Any establishment that treats potential paying customers like goats will never see me again.
- Gauging on a holidaylindaDined on 12/31/2013We had a table for 6 at 6:30 New Years Eve. The menu they gave us was a fixed menu for that night. The price on the crab cake entrée had increased from $23.95 to $30.95 and the tuna had increased from $21.95 to $30.95 from the same meal that is on the regular menu! The other items our group had were increased also, although not as much. Our table felt this was a case of gauging, clear and simple. If there was a benefit for the increased price, that would have been might have been ok, there wasn't, we are really disappointed and don't know if we will return. My wife said she checked their web site before booking and there was no mention of an altered menu for the evening. The waitress we had and Abe the bartender were very accommodating,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy on a Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2013The food was very good, the bar in the middle of the restaurant created much noise, so at the table we were at (right next to the bar) it was nearly impossible to have a conversation. The service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we had a reservation, arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 12/27/2013we had a reservation, arrived on time, but still had to wait 30 mjnutes to be seated! The server was friendly, but not very good. She served the entire table their meal with the exception on one and said it would be coming soon. It finally came a whole 10 minutes later!! overall the food was good, but a little pricey for what you get; the service was lacking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overbooked and overratedChelseaDined on 12/24/2013Although we arrived for our reservation on time, we were told upon arrival that our table would not be ready for another 20 minutes, and we would be behind three others who also had reservations at the same time ahead of us. There was no place to sit and wait for our table. Had we known the restaurant was so backed up, we would have selected another OpenTable option. Food was average, service was relatively slow. Waitress was unfamiliar with the menu. Drinks were not refilled without prompting at the end of the meal. Might be a good spot for happy hour/bar scene.
- Christmas Eve Dinner for FamilyHmm012814VIPDined on 12/24/2013We picked Capers as the food and drinks are always tasty! Due to holiday they were not offering substitutions on food which was fine but it made a huge difference on the arrival time of food...fast, HOT and absolutely delicious! Everything from the filet mignon to meatloaf to chicken/prawns piccata to santa Maria to chicken nuggets...all selections were wonderful!! the lemon drops were a huge hit as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time favoriteTjm41VIPDined on 12/21/2013One of our favorites let us down. Had a 7:00 reservation and did not get seated until 8:30!! It was for a party of 8 but an hour and a half was too much. No mention from the waiter letting us know that they were concerned or if we needed anything to make it up?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never runs on time/pricey on holidaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/20/2013In most open table reservations you get seated right away. I have been to Capers now three times on Open table and each time we had a 15-20minute wait. This is something I RARELY experience as an Open Table customer. If you choose to dine here, the food is good but they don't treat Open Table guests in a priority manner. I'd recommend you choose another establishment. Plus, they gouge you on New Years with a minimum of $25 per person.Special Features:
- great food but...johnDined on 12/20/2013food choice was very extensive, food was excellent, served vert hot and reasonably quick despite how busy they were... but the place was extremely noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.Lexi378VIPDined on 12/20/2013Our first time here and we were very pleased. My husband liked all the big screens with different sports on. The food was delicious. Very crowded but we didn't have to wait more than 10in for a table. We will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodjohnrDined on 12/20/2013Great food, but very noisy place. We were there on Friday evening and was SRO, luckily we had reservation, as waits were more than an hour for walk in. Very nice menu, lots of excellent choices and food was excellent and served hot and reasonably fast for as busy as they were. But it was extremely noisy..... Service was very good.Special Features:
- Festive and fun.KathyHDined on 12/14/2013So glad we have a reservation through Open Table, because this restaurant was packed! It is a very fun & festive neighborhood restaurant featuring American cuisine. There's sandwiches, comfort food staples such as meatloaf, salmon, short ribs, salads, so you're sure to find something you'll like. I'm trying to watch my carbs, so they were happy to accommodate my request to sub out the pasta for extra veggies. And the veggies were really delicious! Steamed fresh veggies perfectly al dente.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at CapersJojobillyVIPDined on 12/13/2013Food is great, service even better, priced well. Just a little noisy but fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CapersRoccaVIPDined on 12/13/2013Capers has always been a favorite. The Wedge salad is the best that I have had and I continue to try and find a better one. The place was crowded and the atmosphere was lively. Had the flank steak and scallops which were awesome as always. Capers is always a can't miss place. Make reservations as it is extremely popular.Special Features:
- one disappointment....the waiterTORCVIPDined on 12/13/2013I love Capers.Have been going for years. Service has always been great. Food has always been predictably great each time.Although, tonight our waiter was less than awesome.He was not very polished. He boxed up my french dip sandwich, but he didn't include the horseradish or the dipping sauce, his response was not 'I am sorry...' just,'yes I can get some for you'. Who boxes up a french dip sandwich without the sauce to dip it in?He asked if we wanted more water, and then he picked up my friends' plate AFTER he pushed the knife and fork over onto the plate and made a loud noise, it was rough, and strange thing to do....but other than all that, the food was still good. the french dip could have been hotter.Special Features:
- Good food, good ambianceAudreyogDined on 12/7/2013Overall experience is great. Risotto was a bit too salty for my taste, but salad was god. As always service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Not just a Sports BarRobertDined on 12/6/2013Ambience is that of a Sports Bar, but the food and service is Restaurant quality with a really broad menu.
- Great as alwaysMichelleDined on 11/16/2013We never go wrong at Caper's. Love the menu, lot's of excellent choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected for aOutandaboutVIPDined on 10/29/2013Better than expected for a casual place. Huge varied menu and the food is very well prepared. The salmon and the short rib plates are especially good.Special Features:
- not goodlukeDined on 10/20/2013Did not have reservation on the book. Said they would look it up on the net. Server waiting on to many tables. Rushed around like busy but seemed confused. Admosphere and noise level unacceptable.
- The services were wonderfulgragraDined on 10/18/2013The services were wonderful and the environment was very engertic; however, the foods were more on the salty and heavy sides. My husband ordered the pasta, and u can clearly see the oil and liquid on the bottom of the plate..which made the pasta become all soggy...I ordered the braised lamb, the meat was wonderful!! it fell off the bone just by simple touch, but again, the sauces was just way too salty for me.Special Features: