1710 West Campbell Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caperseatanddrink.com/
- Phone: 4083745777
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: ADRIAN J. MULLEN
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Have us cater your party or we can prepare the food for your party for pickup.If local we can deliver.Our banquet menus are online at caperseatanddrink.com Pricing is very reasonable.We also can allow you to use our catering equipment for a small rental fee.We can create special menus tailored to the occasion.
- Private Party Facilities: Wecan accommodate up to 130 guests.Available for buyouts.
- Private Party Contact: Kam Razavi 4082031664
- Entertainment: we have numerous HD flatscreen large tvs to watch sporting events simultaneously with music played in the background.be it ncaa, nba, nfl, rugby,baseball, soccer,softball, water sports, racing ,etc. we air it all.during football season come root for your favorite team and enjoy our brunch.if you are having a special event live music is allowed.we feature a classic Irish band every first Saturday of the month.Kids, parents,everyone is welcome.There is plenty of room and lots of new friends to meet in our friendly ,cozy, casual yet classy restaurant.
- Special Events: MOTHERS DAY SPECIAL MENU brunch 9 TO 3:EGGS BENEDICT,FRENCH TOAST,VEGETARIAN SCRAMBLE,NY STEAK&EGGS PLUS REGULAR MENU ALLDAY AFTER 3 WE WILL FEATURE 4 SPECIALS, FILET&PRAWNS,BAKED HALIBUT, BRAISED SHORT RIBS,ROAST RACK OF LAMB AND OUR REGULAR MENU
A word from Capers
Capers Eat And Drink features casual American bistro dining at its finest in a comfortable, cozy , chic setting.Our friendly staff will serve wholesome meals, appetizers, desserts,and we also have a children's menu, all prepared by our awesome team of chefs.Our friendly bartenders can serve your favorite beverages or try one of our signature martinis. As you walk in Capers you'll see a horse-shoe shaped bar with many tables surrounding and our kitchen on the right side.We also have a patio directly in front. Our large menu has many appetizers to choose from , from crispy calamari to carpaccio,and sandwiches such as Monte Cristo to our infamous Grilled Chicken Sandwich, beautiful salads, spinach to wedge, wonderful dinner choices,such as our cajun ahi tuna to porterhouse steak.We have pastas, hearty soups We serve lunch and dinner daily,with a brunch on Sundays.Capers has a happy hour with drink and food specials .Please take our virtual tour at CAPERSEATANDDRINK.COM.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Capers - Best Restaurants in Campbell ›
Capers reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (13)great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (3)special occasion (3)romantic (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OutandaboutVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great casual dining. Food is very good. Not the typical sports bar fare.Special Features:
- EleanoreVIPDined on 9/25/2014Our first visit to Capers. The experience was so-so..nothing to rave about. Nothing was on a par with most of restaurants we attended.
- Good food but it was way too noisy.SandraDined on 9/25/2014Impossible to hear your neighbor. Extremely loud! We had to move twice -- yet, it did not seem like any table would be a good table for a quieter conversation.Special Features:
- Lots of good food choicesTryAlexandersVIPDined on 8/16/2014The menu is diverse and you can find good food for all members of your party. They have a good bar with talented bar keepers. Good find for a neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Very Nice Neighborhood PlaceAmbieDined on 8/13/2014I have been coming to Capers for years, old and new management/menu. It's different these days, a little busier and noisier at dinner, but still wonderful staff, extremely friendly and pleasant, and accommodating. Good food; not gourmet, but perfectly fine. Lunch for a group was no problem for them at all - a good place with consistently attentive service. The bar is very pleasant, too.Special Features:
- No host on arrivalJudeDined on 8/5/2014Food was excellent-Baked orange roughy, salmon on spinach, scampi & Chinese chicken salad-everyone was happy! It was noisy; my elderly parents couldn't hear too well; but when the party behind us left, it was much better. Our only concern was waiting at the doorway without being acknowledged for a few minutes. Once the host arrived; we were seated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat early dinnerluv2earoutDined on 7/19/2014Had a early dinner after the show at 5 pm. Last time we went was around. 7 pm. The crowd was quiet. We could watch the game and enjoy our conversation and dinner. Was a nice time outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good meal and servicemaui14Dined on 7/11/2014Had an extended family dinner. Service was prompt. We were seated immediately with our open table reservations. Extensive wine list and cocktailsSpecial Features:
- Good Services, Food Quality :(usshookDined on 6/28/2014The service is really good. Staffs are friendly and helpful. The food quality is fair, but it does not worth the price. The lamb shank was dried. The beef stroganoff was just odd. Instead of beef stew, they use sliced beef from probably chuck. They were chewy and tasteless. They also added so much slices of squash (more than the beef) in it. It was a pasta disc, it is not stroganoff. The best disc my party got was the French Dip. Again, I could get the same quality of the French Dip at someplace else at 3/4 of the price.
- The following 387 reviews are from the Capers reviews archive.
- Great for a date night!SuperDaveDined on 6/18/2014My Wife and I wanted to get out, so we came here for dinner. As always the food was great. you have to try the smoked salmon rotini! It's a little rich but once you try it, you're going to order it every time! Kind of a sports bar atmosphere but not quite...Give it a try, you'll like it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014Simply a horrible experience. They ignored our open table reservation and seated us 1 hour late. Hostess seated walk-ins without a reservation before us.
- Predictable in a good wayTORCVIPDined on 6/10/2014Been going here for years, it is always good.. Love Tuesday BOGO free martini! The best martinis.... Food is always very good. Will continue to there!Special Features:
- Capers is a safe betluckeygirlDined on 5/22/2014It's not an amazing dining experience - it's a sports bar in a strip mall, but the food was really great and the service was very good!!Special Features:
- Sports Bar ResturantPickyEaterDined on 5/17/2014Nice place to eat. Sports bar vibe. Menu is large with various choices. Great for parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OTPHAVIPDined on 5/16/2014Vegetarian options are good, however. Eggplant parm- terrible ; thin fried strips of eggplant in a heavy marinana sauce.Special Features:
- Service Service Service....InCognitoDined on 5/11/2014We arrived 10 minutes before our reservation, they sat others that arrived and appeared to be known to the staff before us. The food was cold when it arrived. The Au gratin potato's were flavour less except on the top. The veggies were cold, the steak was cold. Doubt the family will come back here. It's a regular joint masquerading as a up scale joint.
- mothers dayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/11/2014I know it was Mother's Day, but they should be prepared for that. We got there and they didn't have our table ready. We decided to eat outside after waiting a while because we didn't see people leaving soon. We didn't have silverware for a long time even after asking twice. We didn't even have silverware after some of the food had arrived. The waitress was very nice. I know it was busy, but it is annoying when you make a reservation and then cannot sit down. The food was very good. I just wouldn't recommend going there for mothers day.
- Not impressed.UsuallyEasy2PleaseDined on 5/11/2014The food was poor (lacking in flavour) and most portions were small, and all arrived very late and cold. My wife's piece of fish was tiny. My prime rib, although not small, was neither tender nor did it have much flavour. Service was extremely slow and the waitress rarely came to our table. The prices were really not justified by the food or the service, we won't be going back.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014We went here on Mother's Day. I had very low expectations because of my previous experience working in the industry on is day. It is always so chaotic! However, we were seated in a timely manner and greeted quickly. There were tons of choices. Our food was great and so was the service. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Bad brunchZenDinerMomVIPDined on 5/11/2014No mention of prix fixe menu when we made a reservation for Mother's Day Brunch. We called to change the number in our party and there was no record of it. Servers were friendly and food came fast but my seafood scramble was cold and under-seasoned. Entrees were way overpriced. No options for kids or lighter appetites. Nothing special to acknowledge the mothers.
- Too much $ for too little foodeatouterDined on 5/11/2014Went to Capers for Mother's Day to find they had a special menu. We had two different egg dishes - on both the eggs were poached perfectly but the ham on one dish, and the size of the crab cake on the other were minuscule. The potatoes weren't hot, and when one of the people in our party complained, they did bring her a new order of potatoes. The side of fruit was a joke - in a dish that is usually used for salad dressing or some other kind of sauce - in fact the hollandaise ordered on the side was in the same size dish. The service was good and the waitress attentive. The noise level was high, especially if you were seated near the open kitchen. Considering the size of the portion, the cost was way out of line. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- Reservation was only in namesakeDiscerningDinerDined on 5/9/2014I don't think making a reservation at this restaurant makes any difference. Even with a reservation we had to wait for almost an extra 30 minutes. Not only that, one of the servers had the gall to ask us if we would be okay with sitting at the bar! All through our dinner there were folks waiting for a table and given that they have no foyer to speak of patrons hover around your table while you are eating... The food though is consistently very good and that's really the only saving grace. It's also quite noisy. So if conversation along with dinner is your goal I wouldn't recommend it. Certainly not a place to linger and chat...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodzeldaDined on 4/26/2014This time the food was very good, wjth the exception of the flank steak;again. One in my party tried this a second time, same result, Too thick for this cut, tough stringy. The rest of meals were very good . Would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good 'Predictable'TORCVIPDined on 4/25/2014ALWAYS good. all the down to the Lemon Drops spilling over they are so filled to the top! Haven't had a bad dish in the many years we have been going... Thank you for staying on top of the competition!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great goodlove2eatDined on 4/24/2014Food was great, perfect for watching games with others. A sports bar type of place with great food.Special Features:
- Interesting placeGoodFood77Dined on 4/17/2014Came here on a gift card not really knowing what to expect. The food was alright. I'd come here again for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014We hadn't been to Capers in years and after dinner tonight we decided we wouldn't let it be that long before we go back again. It's not cheap but you get great service, food and wine so it's totally worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently enjoyablelocalcoupleVIPDined on 3/22/2014Capers is always busy, so a reservation is a good idea. The menu is varied, so even though we eat there several times a month, there are aways new things to try. The food is consistently enjoyable - not super high-end, but more interesting and lighter than the bar/grill level. This time they had a guy with a guitar playing background music. Very pleasant.Special Features:
- Not my favorite anymoreCampbellfoodieDined on 3/22/2014Our party had to wait 30 minutes with a reservation. Another party without a reservation who arrived just after us was seated about 5 minutes after we were. There was no advantage to making a reservation. Then we were charged $20 for corkage. The food is good but it's no longer worth the price and the hassle.
- DO NOT HAVE THE FLANK STEAK MEALzeldaDined on 3/22/2014If you like flank steak, do not have this one. Too thu=ick for a flank steak, tough, more or less tastlessSpecial Features:
- Lots of food seems a tad overprice.CelesteDined on 3/13/2014I had the Pork Picatta. The sauce was very tasty, mashed potatoes were yummy, just the right consistency. Veggies were cooked well, most places barely cook their veggies. My cocktail was good too, I find the prices for the cocktails a bit high for the quantity. My husband had the Cajun salmon. Very generous piece of fish cooked to crunchy perfection. I would come here again when I want a hearty dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent overall but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014It was my first time dining here and we came towards the end of the night (arrived at 8 and they closed at 10:00). The food was quite good, but the portions of the entrees left a bit to be desired. The only real fault with my experience was the service. The server was interacted with us as little as possible. Every interaction felt hurried and it was unpleasant. I understand that servers have a lot to do, but it was the end of the night and there were not many other tables to wait on. Overall a decent place to have a meal, but not worth the price in my opinion.Special Features:
- We did not finish eating. Just badCoraVIPDined on 3/5/2014On a scale 1-10 Wine and beer - Inexpensive. 4 Taste of Food - 1. Both Calamari and chicken wings have no taste, Like rubber. No flavor or seasoning except a ton of sauce is used. Baked lamb penne was very oily. Rough meat is used. Beef stroganoff lacks flavor. Beef is overcooked. Quality of ingredients -1. no meat taste of any kind. Restaurant ambience - 3 -window table is nice. Quite spacious. Design for folks living nearby to have beer and get together. Service - 4 The hostess was good. Notice my table request early. The waitress was just OK. Not happy when we declined ice for our Pellegrino. She did notice we did not finish ALL our food (we only could have a few bites) so she took off the main courses from the bill. We left.
- Disappointing foodJB100VIPDined on 3/2/2014Our party of 5 gave mixed reviews to the food - meatloaf entree, meatloaf sandwich were both ok. But the steak sandwich had the most tasteless piece of meat any of us had ever tried. Don't know what the deal was, but it had no taste.
- Great food but noisymit1955Dined on 2/14/2014We have wanted to try this for a long time, and decided to give this a shot for valentine's day. The food was just outstanding but it was so crowded and so noisy! The tables were a bit small and very close together. The layout was such that it was just tables around the bar so I don't know what else you could do. On the good side, the food was just outstanding. The salmon was cooked to perfection and the french dip wasn't salty. The selections from the wine list were great. Still I have heartburn spending almost $100 on a romantic dinner for two and not being able to hear the person on the other side of the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuvgoodfoodDined on 2/14/2014Went on Valentines day. I had calamari which was cooked nice and crispy, not chewy, followed by a really good pear & Gorgonzola salad. The dressing was just the right amount & the spiced candied walnuts were really tasty. The New York steak was very good and the sauce with carmelized onions was wonderful. Went on a busy night and the staff seemed prepared for it. Service was great. My only let down was that they had reduced the children's menu to only one item of pasta with cream sauce just for the busy valentines day crowd. Was hoping they had a bit more variety (one or two more options ) with more protein for those of us that still bring our little ones with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over pricedjdn75Dined on 2/14/2014I was seated early and before 3 couples and I was waited on last. the food was ordinary and over priced. the only thing I constantly asked for was refills on drinks and I would get the stink eye. I will not be going back to that restaurant again.Special Features:
- disappointed...btrcasDined on 2/14/2014Came here for Valentine's Day dinner. Our past experiences here were with good food and service and with the fun atmosphere with sports on TV's. Tonight we were very disappointed! Waitress was rushing us, trying to take our order as soon as we sat down! We wanted to have a drink and at least look at the menu! Calamari appetizer was bland and chewy (and we order calamari all the time at different restaurants, so we know when it's made well). Ahi Salad was also boring- dull, lifeless salad with charbroiled ahi, no great flavor. Prawns scampi was tasty, but the rice was undercooked and hard! They had one item on the kids menu! We would have ordered dessert, but after our dinner experiences, we left to go somewhere else for dessert.
- DinnerBrianVIPDined on 2/6/2014The scores would have been higher, but for the price ($100 for 3 of us with no drinks) I would expect more
- Bday dinnerHmm012814VIPDined on 1/28/2014Went to capers to celebrate birthday w family...everyone's entree was awesome!Special Features: