Capers Kitchen & Bar
2460 Vanderbilt Beach Rd
Naples, FL 34109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Capers Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caperskitchen.com/
- Phone: 2394317438x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
Breakfast: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch and Dinner: 11:00am - 9:00pm
Saturday and Sunday
Brunch: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Ronnue Strauser
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Capers Kitchen & Bar
The philosophy of Capers is to utilize all the successful elements of the past business, and to bake breads, muffins, desserts on the premises. Homemade jam and soups, and of course our crab cakes, are also made on premises in the “from scratch,” kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Capers Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Capers Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)great for lunch (14)great for brunch (9)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (3)special occasion (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- pet friendlypeteraVIPDined on 10/22/2014pet friendly always a plus out door dining a plus tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you will thank meOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Just go you will thank me later. It's just one of those places that you want to see make it. Good food good service good price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I found itSeafoodloverDined on 10/12/2014What a wonderful little restaurant for brunch and all other times. Food was great and many different items to choose from. Daily specials. Service was very attentive. Restaurant itself is very comfortable and easy to find. I plan on going back for more Sunday brunches and specials at the bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Although the bar had multiple TVs going with football games, the dining room was quite and full of couples enjoying their Saturday night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 9/25/2014Absolutely wonderfully declicous food ... cooked perfectly!!!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemBeedsDined on 9/11/2014Not only is Capers close to home, it has a great menu, wonderful daily specials, reasonable prices and, oh yes, delicious food! Their full menu is outstanding and the Bar Bites are also. My only problem when I go, is to make myself order something other than the Boursin Berger. I'm glad I did....I tried the Thursday "Surf and Turf" and was treated to fall off the bone ribs and the best crab cake I've had in Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTerBear2VIPDined on 9/6/2014The early bird was delicious. Great value. The ribs were a little dry. The food was delicious. Would definitely return again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/20144 dinners--- 1 Meat loaf was dry veg ice cold. 2 sandwich, tuna salad good bread stale. 3. Fish chips fish was not fresh and very strong fishy taste. 4. Crab cake good veg ice cold
- Very good food, friendly atmosphereBobTDined on 8/4/2014Took some friends to Capers and we all had good meals. We started with some calamari fries that were tasty. I had their signature crab cakes that were very good. One friend was delighted with the plank salmon done exactly as requested. My wife loved the blackened mahi served with a tasty tropical fruit topping. Our other friend enjoyed the meatloaf. We finished with an excellent cream puff dessert we all shared. Service and prices were good. The only problem we had was they didn't take our coupon for a free appetizer. We had presented the coupon when ordering and weren't told until paying the bill that the coupon was not valid because the crabcake dinner was a "theme night" special. We would have changed our order had we known.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem is Found!MarsalaDined on 8/3/2014What a delightful experience! We were a group of 4. We were greated by the owner"s wife JoAnn who seated us immediately. We each ordered the special meal which came with a glass of wine. Our dinners were delicious! When it came time for our shared dessert, I explained that we couldn't have the wonderful dessert because my husband was allergic to cinnamon. JoAnn substituted the dessert at no cost with a smile. At the end, she brought each couple a small box of muffins on the house because she felt we waited for our meal too long. We actually didn't feel we waited, because we had our wine and VERY delicious bread. What a wonderful experience! We will go back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a tryoutandaboutDined on 7/17/2014Friendly staff, good service and the food was about average for the venue.Special Features:
- The following 108 reviews are from the Capers Kitchen & Bar reviews archive.
- Don't Miss It!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Fabulous neighborhood eatery - we go all the time.Special Features:
- ShellyDined on 6/11/2014Pleasant neighbourhood restaurant. Good food,good atmosphere,reasonable costs,good & friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- An off-night?Naples4miDined on 6/7/2014We normally enjoy our meals here, but the prime rib special was anything but special. It was dry, sinewy and tasteless. Avoid ordering it, and stick with salmon, fish & chips or meatloaf.
- foodfinderVIPDined on 5/22/2014Had Capers delicious curried chicken salad with yummy pumpkin muffin! Going to have great specials this summer & great happy hour! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Expectations!!!eatsalotDined on 5/14/2014We always enjoy going to Capers. It is an excellent restaurant and the food and service are always very good. Gary, the owner will come by and isay "Hello" if he is there and if everything is alright. It always is. We have gone often to Capers and will continue to frequent this very fine establishment.Special Features:
- Always great.BrendaDined on 4/28/2014It's my fav breakfast/brunch and lunch place. Friendly staff, nice environment but the food is surprisingly excellent and interesting for a neighborhood restaurant. Friends who come from other locations always ask that we go back there, and that says something when they have the choice of such fabulous Naples restaurants!Special Features:
- Good overallDorisDined on 4/21/2014We had six, and most ordered the Monday's Crab special, which was very good and a good value. The bottomless wine special was an attraction. While in-season, it wasn't real busy, and they were short-staffed. I sure hope they make it as they're nice folks, but restaurants have struggled in that plaza, for whatever reason. We'll go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortabe DiningPanchoDined on 4/20/2014HAD A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE. FOOD WAS OUTSTANDING. SERVICE WAS TERRIFIC. ALTOGETHER A VERY NICE DAY.Special Features:
- Wonderful "early bird" experienceIL2FL07Dined on 4/19/2014Our early bird dinner at Capers was exceptional. We were greeted immediately upon entering the restaurant, and were able to select the table of our choice. We both ordered the cedar planked salmon, which was excellent. A very nice early evening dinner. I would (and have already) recommended Capers.Special Features:
- Again- best crab cakes anywhereBryanDined on 4/18/2014What better place to go for Good Friday! Start with Yum Yum Shrimp and go eight to the crab cakes. Even if it wasn't Good Friday, it's just a perfect menu selection. On other days, if seafood is off your diet, try the meat loaf or the baby back ribs. Both are delicious and more-than recommended. One of the "keepers" in Naples.Special Features:
- Good Food and piano player at nightFlakyDined on 4/18/2014I really enjoyed my meal and the piano player. It was my first time there. I will Try lunch next time maybe on the patio.Special Features:
- happy with our waiter at caperstickledpinkDined on 4/11/2014Our waiter Christian was outstanding. We will ask for him again. And the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem of a visitsnowbirdDined on 4/6/2014A very nice neighborhood restaurant with good food, and ambience. Coffee could have been hotter and refilled more often. My husband's toast was forgotten and we had to ask for it. We were seated at a table on an aisle where the servers were going in/out. This was a little distracting and not conducive to conversation.Special Features:
- Good food and good pricesdearnancyVIPDined on 3/29/2014Capers, formerly Sam Sneed's, is a great place for a casual, inexpensive dinner. Chicken Quesadilla (order it crispy) is terrific. Happy hour for drinks is now available in the entire restaurant until 7:00 pm. Bar bites available in the bar until 7:00 pm also.I would recommend this to a friend.
- food outstandingabbyDined on 3/29/2014As usual, the food was outstanding. My husband and I ordered the prime rib and it was cooked to perfection. Love the food but wish the atmosphere were a little more sparkly.Special Features:
- Happy HourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/27/2014THis is one of our favorite restaurants, especially for breakfast. However, this is the first time we went to dinner. The food is always good here. Homemade bread delicious. We had the 2 house wines with meat loaf and salmon. Wonderful bread pudding for dessert. The only problem was the server was very slow and did not bring our salads until an hr later. When we spoke to John, owners son, he got our food immediately. The server apologized and said she had a table mix up. Seems like she was in the other room, not the dining room. However, this is the first time this has happened there, so I do not want to give a bad review. We will go back again, especially for breakfast and homemade pumpkin muffins.Special Features:
- Great Experience at CapersL2B2Dined on 3/23/2014We enjoyed Capers so much during our first visit that we went back three days later. The first visit, we had brunch - lots of great menu items to choose from. Especially enjoyed the soup and the curried chicken salad, and others in our party enjoyed the omelettes and baked goods. The second time we were there, we had a late lunch. Delicious food again - great burger, fresh salad with fruit and feta cheese. Can't wait for our third meal at Capers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcoming ObstaclesRonKDined on 3/21/2014The place was very busy. Food was great, service was as welll. They just need to be better prepared for busy nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad for a local restaurant.ScorpioDined on 3/18/2014Just had the Caper's Salad which is always reliable. However, the "new" butter they were trying out ruined the taste of the bread with butter. The bread and butter they served before was much better. Not sure why they discontinued it.Special Features:
- always satisfiedabbyDined on 3/17/2014Since we went on St Patrick's night, it was more noisy and crowded than usual. The waitress, while being courteous and friendly, was overworked and had a hard time keeping up with the patrons demands. The food was outstanding but the ambiance was lacking on this night. Love Capers and will go back again and again for the high quality food.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood restaurant.PinitchDined on 3/17/2014Nice neighborhood restaurant. Had Corn Beef and Cabbage 3/17..yum, yum. Overall good food and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastLaurenVIPDined on 3/16/2014We were there for breakfast because we were able to get a reservation. My omelet was cold but others were satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Treasure in Paradise!!!BryanDined on 3/13/2014Third time I've eaten there in six weeks and loved it every time. The crab cakes are unbelievable, the rack of ribs unbelievable and the meat loaf - well - unbelievable. This go-around our waiter Michael - from Garden City, NY, we're from Long Island as well - was terrific. Have to go early one day for the crab Benedict for breakfast. I really recommend reservations, as the more people who find out about it will make it more crowded. Great, Great Restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love this place and these peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014I always feel like I'm home with good friends. Gary and Joanne have a amazing and friendly staff. I've NEVER been disappointed in anyway at all. It's a great edition to our neighborhood... You've got to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite new spot for us.AophieDined on 3/9/2014We have enjoyed breakfast at Caper's several times this season. The food is made fresh and the food and drink prices are very reasonable. We love that they take reservations for the dining room. We plan to return soon for Happy Hour in the bar and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedreenDined on 3/5/2014Food was not good.It was a special dinner occasion and the fish was so touch it had to be cut with a knife.My crabcake was obviously microwaved but the rice was cold.Only thing my party liked was the flatbread
- Yummmmpl500psiDined on 3/4/2014Great innovative appetizers. Everyone is extremely friendly. Nice gar scens wioth $5 bites and a great happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salmon was delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2014We had an excellent dinner and finished it with the cream puff sundae!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THIS IS OUR NEIGHBORHOOD "PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014THIS IS OUR NEIGHBORHOOD "PLACE TO GO" - FAMILY FEEL - GREAT SERVICE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.