520 Capdeville St.
New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capdevillenola.com/
- Phone: 5043715161x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Vidak Sparr
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Capdeville
Capdeville is an American interpretation of the classic British pub. Here, enjoying people and camaraderie is just the order of the day. Capdeville’s features include gourmet interpretations of classic comfort food, an assorted collection of whiskies and bourbons and an assortment of albums in an antiquated jukebox with which every gentleman and keen lady should be familiar. Our aim with our culinary and bar efforts is to offer you something familiar yet new in an energetic and familial environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Capdeville - Best Restaurants in Warehouse District ›
Capdeville reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (11)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Captivated by CapdevilleCheapCharlieReviewsDined on 9/10/2014Good service; food was fresh and tasty. The tea was good as well. I only regret that I did not order the lunch special, which was a drum fish dish that sounded yummy. The atmosphere was just quiet enough for easy conversation during lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise find in a quiet areaJayLinnDined on 8/21/2014We recently visited New Orleans for a week, and found Capdeville through Open Table; it ended up being one of the best meals of our trip. It's in a rather quiet neighborhood - somewhat of a food desert - so we were pleasantly surprised when we stepped inside and found a hip yet cozy atmosphere. For a Thursday night, it was pretty dead - one other group was there - but our server was attentive and the food was great. The grilled cheese with tomato soup was a delicious twist on an old favorite; the soup had a surprise addition of fennel. The poutine fries and chicken were also popular with our group. It's not the most vegetarian or gluten-free friendly spot, but the kitchen seemed flexible with special requests.Special Features:
- Cap de VilleCrescentCityKirkDined on 8/11/2014This restaurant/bar continues to impress. Great poutine and salads and dishes made with fresh local products keep me coming back. Wonderful staff and a great beer selection help, too! Soups are fantastic and their burger is right up there with the best of them.Special Features:
- Great Non-Tradiitonal PlaceBirthdayDinner2013Dined on 8/1/2014Great little place to go!! It was filled with 20 something's, so if you are older, you may not want to be there late at night! It's a small place so make sure you reserve a seat ahead. Seated right away, great service, and really great artwork!! The wallpaper and pictures is eclectic and awesome!! You'll definitely have a lot to look at! Great food, big portions, and a lot of non-traditional foods to try out!! Alligator is one of the best!Special Features:
- Yum!KateeatsDined on 7/30/2014The truffle mac and cheese was fantastic! Our server was fantastic! Perfect way to end a girls trip to NO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Menu at the restaurant was missing some menu items that were listed online. Food and Service were good, bar seemed to be where the action was, I will visit again.
- Close, but far.....LaprofDined on 7/19/2014This is a great spot for an excellent meal, just a shot walk in the opposite direction from the mayhem of Bourbon Street. Have the thrill of eating among the locals! The food is excellent, the service perfect, the prices are reasonable. Just note that the noise level is rather high, and if you're over 30, it probably isn't the music you would choose for dinner...but it's not enough of a complaint to ruin a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/11/2014Went on a Friday evening around 7:30. This place gets loud between the music pumping through the jukebox and the hard surfaces everywhere. Food and service were consistent as usual.Special Features:
- Great place!MeauxDined on 6/18/2014Small intimate dining area and great food. Waitress was very friendly and attentive. Small menu done well!! I ordered the shrimp and chorizo taco's and they were amazing. My wife had a steak salad that she raved about. This is a great small bar/restaurant doing things right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindFoodiefromPAVIPDined on 6/2/2014After a friendly welcome, we were seated quickly. We ordered a hot dip appetizer, strawberry salad, truffled Mac n cheese, steak frites and cocktails. Everything was delicious! The service was friendly, relaxed, yet very efficient. However the best part of the evening was dessert. We ordered the espresso creme brûlée. We consider ourselves "experts" in the field of creme brûlée and this was the BEST ever! We could've eaten several more. If we lived in NOLA, we would be regulars here.Special Features:
- Come here if tired of Cajun foodNBForrestDined on 5/29/2014If you are tired of seafood and Cajun food, come to Capdeville, a locals place. We had a delicious dinner of shrimp and chorizo tacos, home made chips, fried red beans and rice, and strawberry and duck wontons. This last item sounds strange, but it was fantastic. My wife drank a couple of whiskey smashes, which are something like a mojito, only made with whiskey, and she raved about them. The barmaid put the ice in a towel and smashed it with a hammer. The servers were all cute young ladies, and the service was friendly and attentive. We enjoyed this place and will be back. Capdeville is fun and a nice change of pace.Special Features:
- Yummmmm!Kasey222VIPDined on 5/22/2014My husband and I dined here for lunch right when the restaurant opened on a Thursday. The server was very attentive and our meal was delish! I had the pimento cheese, tomato and bacon sandwich and be he had the truffle Mac and cheese with fried oysters. When we are next back in New Orleans we will be sure to make it there. Amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 131 reviews are from the Capdeville reviews archive.
- Closed?Sam3311Dined on 5/13/2014My wife and I made a reservation last night for Capdeville. I booked it on my phone at about 10:15PM for a 10:30PM reservation. We had just finished at a theater event and wanted to get a good dinner before heading home. When we arrived for our reservation, we were told that the kitchen was closed because things hadn't been that busy that night. If they were planning to close the kitchen, then we simply shouldn't have been allowed to make this reservation. However, we were allowed to make the reservation and were extremely disappointed when we arrived and it wasn't honored. The staff didn't seem at all concerned or apologetic. This has definitely changed our opinion of Capdeville. I'm not sure that we'll be returning.
- InterestingTedMVIPDined on 5/6/2014We went there for lunch. The gumbo had a bit of a burnt-roux taste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loaded Grilled Cheesemmh1Dined on 4/25/2014The loaded grilled cheese was absolutely delicious. It came with a wonderful apple chutney. The market salad was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this little restaurant...MinnieDined on 4/5/2014I really enjoyed everything about this little gem... Great ambiance, waitress was very good as well as the service. I had the burger which was very good. My son had the incredible mac n cheese, which was really creamy and very tasty. Cant complain about anything although I wish they had a bigger menu. I highly recommend this little place.
- Pleasant surpriseLemonfreshDined on 3/24/2014I was staying at Le Pavillon and looking for something low key and moderately priced. I was impressed with the food here, I had the red beans and rice appetizer, the truffled mac and cheese, and apple fritter bread pudding - all were fantastic. It was nice to try some local beer as well. Highly recommend to travelers looking for something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stellar fried oyster market saladmeadowlarkDined on 3/24/2014arrived for lunch at end of mad crush of customers, but was treated attentively. some menu items not available but had sensational fried oysters on flavorful arugula salad. others raved about vegetable soup and a steak salad. consistently fresh good food with friendly wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar/restaurant with buzzToffee66Dined on 3/21/2014Good indie music, lovely pale ale (Envie), delicious red bean and rice balls, decent burger and salad, spot on service. Better than expected and very fairly priced. If you don't mind loud music give this place a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there on a Saturday night.stingerDined on 3/8/2014Went there on a Saturday night. The food was good and the waiter was good and very personable. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service. We actuallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2014Friendly service. We actually ate here two times. Both were good experiences.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, nothing specialMikeandLoVIPDined on 2/20/2014This was a first time in NOLA and this was the first restaurant we tried. If we did not eat at any other place in NOLA, I would say we had an excellent meal. But after several other experiences I would say Capdeville is just very good. Our meals did not have the rich, flavor tastes we expected. But overall the meal was good and the price was very reasonable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014If you are looking for a fancy place that isn't too fancy, this is your place. The food was delicious and the atmosphere abd service were great. It's the kind of place where you can pretty much wear anything from casual to dressy and not feel out of place. Prices were very reasonable and everything was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunch dateccurtis152Dined on 2/3/2014Was everything we could have wanted. Interesting menu. Cool place. Laid back, attentive yet nonintrusive service. Food was excellent. A new downtown fave. And my gf says im never impressed....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very knowledgeable and attentivernrno2014Dined on 2/1/2014Very knowledgeable and attentive staff. Great menu with a seasonal variety. Cozy atmosphere. This is the second time I have eaten at Capedeville while in New Orleans and I have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hole in the Wall with greatrhrhDined on 1/25/2014Hole in the Wall with great food and great service. Highly recommend. Within walking distance of the convention center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new year's eveBarriDined on 12/31/2013Capdeville had been on my list for a long time, and I'm so glad I finally went. My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. For appetizers, we had the fried red beans and rice and truffle mac and cheese. Our entrees were the drum and the steak frites. We split the pecan pie for dessert. And we each had a glass of red wine. All this for well under $100 (not including tip.) I can't remember our waiter's name, but he was wonderful. Very enthusiastic and accommodating. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice downtown vibeTodd1961VIPDined on 12/30/2013The food was good , the drinks were good and the waitstaff was even better. A great spot for lunch or an after work happy hour. I say make the trip.Special Features:
- Low keysambam20VIPDined on 12/27/2013Capdeville is a small restaurant located in the CBD. Our experience was good overall. Parking is a bit of a challenge on the weekends. Other than that everything was pretty quick and easy. Definitely a restaurant that attracts younger crowds. The service was mediocre, but the food and ambiance were great. Perfect place for an affordable date night or small group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a really great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/21/2013This was a really great find! We were only in town for a couple of nights and were looking for a late dinner. The hostess was very friendly and the restaurant wasn't very packed. All of the tables were celebrating the holidays and everyone was in a great mood. The menu was limited, but each of the items we ordered was very tasty. I would definitely say this place is for the more adventurous food-wise, but even my picky father enjoyed his food. I would definitely stop by again on my next trip to New Orleans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for big groupsRambdaVIPDined on 12/17/2013We had nine people and it was a great find. Good food. Try the fries. There are different kinds and they are quite good. Very nice waiter!!!! Very helpful and it was a good time with intereting cocktails and beer.Special Features:
- Another Great lunchsteakaholicVIPDined on 12/11/2013Another great lunch at Capdeville! New seasonal might be their best menu yet!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Grilled Cheese MagicHellbertDined on 10/24/2013I love that I can go here and get something as simple, moderately priced, and delicious. The grilled cheese with tomato soup is amazing and the amount of food is more than ample. I had to stop myself from getting one of the delicious cocktails... this time. The service was great and we were able to get in and out and back to work.Special Features:
- Fabulous Lunch, Excellent Service!cbdlegalsecVIPDined on 10/14/2013Morgana is the friendly blonde waitress who waits on us every week, but all of the wait staff go out of their way to accommodate! BEST LUNCH SPOT IN THE CBD! Fabulous food, vegetarian offerings, super stellar service! We'll be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fab food, boisterous funmeadowlarkDined on 9/26/2013best burgers and truffled mac & cheese in the city, but tried chicken paillards which were terrific, and fish tacos are killer. good salads too. noise level increases as night goes on, so go early for quieter time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun bar scene, food excellentNolameliVIPDined on 8/16/2013Pork sliders were delicious and shrimp/chorizo tacos something to remember. A fun place to watch a game, noisy and spirited crowd on a pre-season game night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only UsfoodieNOLAVIPDined on 8/3/2013We were the only people in the entire restaurant for lunch, so service was amazing. The food was good as well.Special Features:
- Always GreatsteakaholicVIPDined on 7/19/2013Another great meal at Capdeville! Best truffle mac and cheese! Sean at the bar is on pointSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow - what happened?din30VIPDined on 7/6/2013we have gone about 6 times since you opened for great bar food and some restaurant fare, but I have to say everything we had was pretty mediocre. the tomato-basil soup was like a sauce and so thick we wished we would have brought our own pasta. the steak/frites was OK, at best - steak a bit overcooked and cut up for us as if we were 6 years old and the fries which used to be crispy were pretty flaccid and some cooked better than others with a heavy cheese which made them even more soggy. one of us had the roasted vegetable s which were equally as bad and oddly flavored for some reason. don't waste your time until there is a new chef at this place.
- Delightful find in NOLAOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2013For our first visit to NOLA, we were lucky to find this small restaurant in the middle of town. With a giant festival in town, most other highly recommended restaurants were packed. Capdeville is located on a little side street, so they don't have much walk-by traffic. We had to look for it, but were glad to find it! The food was great and the service was friendly and efficient. The only "down side" was the jukebox playing really loud hard rock...it just didn't fit the dinner we were having. I'd definitely go back!Special Features: