Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Gahanna
1301 StoneRidge Drive
Gahanna, OH 43230Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Gahanna
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capcitygahanna.com/
- Phone: 6144789999x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00 - 11:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm -9:00pm; Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Dan Manley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Experience the upscale diner favorites with a twist in your own private dining room! Cap City Gahanna has one private dining room accommodating 12 to 14 guests that may be closed off from the main dining room. Several banquet menu options are offered to help plan a menu that is sure to please your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy Hughes, General Manager 6144789999x
- Special Events: Join us in our bar at Cap City from 4 - 6:30 p.m. Monday- Friday
Monday Wine Night at Cap City Fine Diner and Bar
Enjoy any bottle of wine from our collection at half price.
A word from Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Gahanna
As with any diner, at Cap City Fine Diner and Bar you feel immediately comfortable and at ease. Like no other diner, it’s artsy and cool. The Cap City menu follows suit, with recognizable favorites like meatloaf receiving unexpected and delightful upscale twists, alongside trendier chef-driven dishes with big flavors. Desserts at this Cameron Mitchell Restaurant are retro-cool, taste better than you remember, and are showstopper-sized.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Gahanna - Best Restaurants in Gahanna ›
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Gahanna reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (36)great for lunch (34)kid-friendly (27)good for groups (27)great for brunch (18)hot spot (14)late-night find (9)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- ChrisgoodfoodsamustDined on 10/18/2014We went for lunch. The atmosphere was lively, the service was excellent and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Stoneridge restaurantlunchbunchDined on 10/9/2014We always enjoy Cap City Diner - the food is consistently good, and atmosphere is friendly and comfortable.Special Features:
- dinnersaekDined on 10/7/2014I returned to CCD after being out of the Columbus area for several years. The food was as good as I remembered (and the chips with blue cheese were wonderful!), and the service was OK. The only problem was that I was there with two friends, and I had a hard time hearing them across the table. The place was really noisy, even though it wasn't particularly crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my first visit, still impressedrichprpDined on 10/5/2014This was far from my first trip to Cap City, but it was my first trip with special dietary requirements. My dinner date suffers from Celiac disease, and required a completely gluten free meal. The gluten free menu, was ultimately what led us to choose Cap City. They have a decent amount of variety on the gluten free menu. I noted in my reservation that one of us would require a gluten free menu, but planned on requesting it once we were seated. After arrivingnand being seated, my dinner date informed the server that she needed the gf menu, but they had already noticed that in our reservation, and had it ready. The food is ALWAYS great,, but this attention to such an important detail, was as impressive as it was appreciated! Well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food IssueValentinesDined on 10/5/2014For the level of restaurant it is supposed, the food quality is mediocre
- Mixed CrowdTrueDined on 10/4/2014I love Cap City, however, my party did not share my sentiment. I think overall, the dinner was just OK but individuals felt the food was not seasoned well. I will say that our waitress was amazing and was able to manage the many demands of the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great!Jim1952VIPDined on 10/3/2014Great food, energetic atmosphere, impeccable service...all marks of Cameron Mitchell restaurants.Special Features:
- Dining at Cap City Diner, GahannaCruiser1Dined on 9/28/2014We as a couple ate at Cap City Diner in Gahanna on Sunday evening, 9/28/14. The food was excellent. My complaint would be the noise level. It's not a place to expect to be able to converse easily. Way too noise for a relaxing evening of dining. But.....would go there again for the food! The server did not fill our request for a couple of things, i.e., water, rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodJK01Dined on 9/24/2014We haven't been to Cap City in a number of years, and the quality is still just as good as i remember it. Our dinners did not dissappoint. The service was even better than i could recall. And of course, the carrot cake was exceptional. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014Very comfortable for a low-key family, birthday celebration. Great variety on the menu served with a smile. A 2-year old in the group was accommodated well.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesTatumDined on 9/23/2014We love this place - great atmosphere, great service. Food is always good!Special Features:
- Fun, casual diningaseve1Dined on 9/19/2014The food was so good. You have to try the maytag blue cheese potato chips. The salmon with sticky rice with excellent. My daughter had the Romano crusted chicken. There were 3 large pieces of chicken and it was delicious! We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed a pleasant evening with out of town friends. Menu was varied. Calamari was so-so. One fish plate was not hot. Our waiter was pleasant, and mostly efficient -- we tipped him $50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewPickyEaterDined on 9/12/2014The meal was great. The waitress did a good job. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Problem70birthdayboyDined on 9/7/2014We had a table for 4; one person did not receive a good dish, so we sent it back. The fried Chicken was burnt and it took a long time before he received a new plate. We were all done eating by the time it arrived. But it was better the second time. The restaurant was not crowded on a Sunday evening so not sure what took so long. The waitress offered us a free dessert for my husband's birthday, then forgot to bring it, so we asked for it and she gave it to us. Other than that the food was great!Special Features:
- gr8timeGr8timeDined on 9/5/2014Food was amazing. Service was top notch. The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere. We will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Always good food and service. Cameron Mitchell restaurants are always top notch! We will be back soon!! I work at a business close by and I always recommend this restaurant to my customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious main courseLove2eatDined on 8/30/2014The pretzel appetizer is one of our favorites, however the pretzel was very dark in color and hard/stale. Tasted reheated. However the cheese dip for it and the blue cheese salmon salad is consistently delicious! The salmon is cooked to perfection and has to be some of the best around. The salad is always very fresh and good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is amazingDaveCMHDined on 8/29/2014Amazing food and great service. The night I went was on a date and the noise level was a bit extreme but other than that great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014We went to Cap City for a special occasion and chose this restaurant because of a particular dish. I am fond of the Balsamic Glazed Chicken and my mouth was watering just thinking of it! I was disappointed to find they had changed the dish. The breast meat was no longer used and was changed to the thigh (dark meat) and the skin was left on. Thus completely changed the taste of the dish. I felt that leaving the skin on did not allow the balsamic glaze to flavor the meat. Most people these days are not eating the skin to be healthy so that leaves the meat tasting like something at the church potluck. I also missed the crispy onions on top. I did find the spinach/peppers and the mashed potatoes just as wonderful as ever! Our server was great!
- Fantasticlv2eatDined on 8/26/2014The food was very good. I can't wait to go back and try other things. After dinner my girlfriend and I were able to sit there and visit without someone hovering over us. I would definitely recommend it and would go back.Special Features:
- catsDined on 8/24/2014Great food...always well presented...always tastes the same wonderful way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantLuvhomecookedDined on 8/17/2014Great A+ food and impeccable service. Gourmet diner food. Open table works great here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindDJJANEDined on 8/17/2014Good food, great service, nice atmosphere. Location is easy to find; restaurant is clean and not too noisy (at least not for Sunday brunch); food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My sister and hubby had picked up their son from Tucson, Az at the airport and met us there. They go to many Cols restaurants (and around the world) but had never been to this one. We all very much enjoyed the food and drinks. I had talked them into canceling reservations for a restaurant in Bexley so was very relieved they loved your restaurant and will no doubt visit it again.Special Features:
- Loved this placelovethisplaceDined on 8/16/2014I had my daughters birthday dinner here. The place was great they put my daughters birthday cake in the cooler and even cut it for the whole party. I will definitely return the service was great. The wine was excellent and so was the food huge portionsSpecial Features:
- okay, a bit crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food is good, so is the service. Just a bit too crowded..hosts put you right o top of other diners. I've heard the one on olentangy is better about this.Special Features:
- Nice eveningSidwellDined on 8/8/2014The excellent waiter was by far the best thing about our dinner. The food was average and the noise made it very difficult to have a conversation with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everthing at Cap Cty is outstandingTheKnifeDined on 8/6/2014Cap City has a great Gluten-Free menu. Service is always outstanding. If you like watching Restaurant shows on TV ask for table number 35 to watch the kitchen action.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceReelcoDined on 7/31/2014The service at Cap City left a lot to be desired. The food was hot and edible, yet the time for preparation was much longer than anticipated. The server was cordial, but was a little overwhelmed and didn't stop by the table frequently. It took a long time for refills and there was no indication of how far along the food prep was. While dining with a family of 5, the dining experience was not good for the varying ages to include a toddler.Special Features:
- Wonderful!GNO9Dined on 7/31/2014The food is outstanding at Cap City Diner, and the service was terrific! Definitely a place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time sinceCalmseazDined on 7/24/2014It has been many years since we last visited Cap City Diner and we were pleasantly surprised. The dishes we ordered were very good. We will not wait for so many years to pass before dining at CCD again.Special Features:
- Not a great experience.TeatimeDined on 7/18/2014Ver loud. Hard to carry a conversation. Steak was not cooked to order. Waitress did not pack toppings for dessert we ordered to go. Waitress did not provide dessert menu. Food was cold.
- Good Atmoshpere a little noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014At times we couldn't hear ourselves because it was a little noisy. Also seemed cramped with servers running into each other. Great food and service thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual diningArkayeDined on 7/5/2014A comfortable eating experience. Food is always well cooked. Menu provides a good variety to choose from.Special Features:
- Layed-back but livelyClovergirlDined on 7/5/2014I can always count on Cap City for good American-style food in a fun, casual atmosphere. They also serve up fine cocktails, which not all restaurants do well. The last time I was there, I tried one of the seasonal drinks. It was a different, interesting taste and I liked it. If you have never been there, give Cap City a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mid week mealBarbaraDined on 7/2/2014We decided at the last minute to go out for dinner and I made a reservation for just an hour from the time I logged in to Open Table. We arrived and were seated immediately. We had a nice meal with a friendly server assisting us. Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No open table request doneDeborahDined on 7/1/2014We requested a round table and said we were having a birthday. We told them again when we came and nothing was done. We were really disappointed. We use to celebrate all special occasions here. Now since it is under new ownership I don't know that we will come back except maybe for lunch. Waitress was weak had to request even water multiple times.Special Features:
- Great brunch!lrb777Dined on 6/29/2014A wonderful meal at Cap City as usual. I took my sons and daughter-in-law to brunch and everyone had a great meal. The only complaint I had was that I took an order of bread pudding (my favorite dessert) home with me and it was missing some components. After a call to the restaurant, I was promised a free dessert on my next visit!Special Features:
- Gourmet on a budgetlucky219Dined on 6/29/2014Excellent upscale diner fare at average prices. Lives up to the Cameron Mitchell name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.