Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Gahanna
1301 StoneRidge Drive
Gahanna, OH 43230Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Gahanna
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capcitygahanna.com/
- Phone: 6144789999x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00 - 11:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm -9:00pm; Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Dan Manley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Experience the upscale diner favorites with a twist in your own private dining room! Cap City Gahanna has one private dining room accommodating 12 to 14 guests that may be closed off from the main dining room. Several banquet menu options are offered to help plan a menu that is sure to please your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy Hughes, General Manager 6144789999x
- Special Events: Join us in our bar at Cap City from 4 - 6:30 p.m. Monday- Friday
Monday Wine Night at Cap City Fine Diner and Bar
Enjoy any bottle of wine from our collection at half price.
A word from Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Gahanna
As with any diner, at Cap City Fine Diner and Bar you feel immediately comfortable and at ease. Like no other diner, it’s artsy and cool. The Cap City menu follows suit, with recognizable favorites like meatloaf receiving unexpected and delightful upscale twists, alongside trendier chef-driven dishes with big flavors. Desserts at this Cameron Mitchell Restaurant are retro-cool, taste better than you remember, and are showstopper-sized.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Gahanna - Best Restaurants in Gahanna ›
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Gahanna reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)great for lunch (50)kid-friendly (43)special occasion (43)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (38)great for brunch (32)hot spot (17)romantic (14)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Always good food and service. Cameron Mitchell restaurants are always top notch! We will be back soon!! I work at a business close by and I always recommend this restaurant to my customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious main courseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The pretzel appetizer is one of our favorites, however the pretzel was very dark in color and hard/stale. Tasted reheated. However the cheese dip for it and the blue cheese salmon salad is consistently delicious! The salmon is cooked to perfection and has to be some of the best around. The salad is always very fresh and good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is amazingDaveCMHDined on 8/29/2014Amazing food and great service. The night I went was on a date and the noise level was a bit extreme but other than that great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014We went to Cap City for a special occasion and chose this restaurant because of a particular dish. I am fond of the Balsamic Glazed Chicken and my mouth was watering just thinking of it! I was disappointed to find they had changed the dish. The breast meat was no longer used and was changed to the thigh (dark meat) and the skin was left on. Thus completely changed the taste of the dish. I felt that leaving the skin on did not allow the balsamic glaze to flavor the meat. Most people these days are not eating the skin to be healthy so that leaves the meat tasting like something at the church potluck. I also missed the crispy onions on top. I did find the spinach/peppers and the mashed potatoes just as wonderful as ever! Our server was great!
- Fantasticlv2eatDined on 8/26/2014The food was very good. I can't wait to go back and try other things. After dinner my girlfriend and I were able to sit there and visit without someone hovering over us. I would definitely recommend it and would go back.Special Features:
- catsDined on 8/24/2014Great food...always well presented...always tastes the same wonderful way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic restaurantLuvhomecookedDined on 8/17/2014Great A+ food and impeccable service. Gourmet diner food. Open table works great here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindDJJANEDined on 8/17/2014Good food, great service, nice atmosphere. Location is easy to find; restaurant is clean and not too noisy (at least not for Sunday brunch); food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014My sister and hubby had picked up their son from Tucson, Az at the airport and met us there. They go to many Cols restaurants (and around the world) but had never been to this one. We all very much enjoyed the food and drinks. I had talked them into canceling reservations for a restaurant in Bexley so was very relieved they loved your restaurant and will no doubt visit it again.Special Features:
- Loved this placelovethisplaceDined on 8/16/2014I had my daughters birthday dinner here. The place was great they put my daughters birthday cake in the cooler and even cut it for the whole party. I will definitely return the service was great. The wine was excellent and so was the food huge portionsSpecial Features:
- okay, a bit crowdedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food is good, so is the service. Just a bit too crowded..hosts put you right o top of other diners. I've heard the one on olentangy is better about this.Special Features:
- Nice eveningSidwellDined on 8/8/2014The excellent waiter was by far the best thing about our dinner. The food was average and the noise made it very difficult to have a conversation with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everthing at Cap Cty is outstandingTheKnifeDined on 8/6/2014Cap City has a great Gluten-Free menu. Service is always outstanding. If you like watching Restaurant shows on TV ask for table number 35 to watch the kitchen action.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceReelcoDined on 7/31/2014The service at Cap City left a lot to be desired. The food was hot and edible, yet the time for preparation was much longer than anticipated. The server was cordial, but was a little overwhelmed and didn't stop by the table frequently. It took a long time for refills and there was no indication of how far along the food prep was. While dining with a family of 5, the dining experience was not good for the varying ages to include a toddler.Special Features:
- Wonderful!GNO9Dined on 7/31/2014The food is outstanding at Cap City Diner, and the service was terrific! Definitely a place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time sinceCalmseazDined on 7/24/2014It has been many years since we last visited Cap City Diner and we were pleasantly surprised. The dishes we ordered were very good. We will not wait for so many years to pass before dining at CCD again.Special Features:
- Not a great experience.TeatimeDined on 7/18/2014Ver loud. Hard to carry a conversation. Steak was not cooked to order. Waitress did not pack toppings for dessert we ordered to go. Waitress did not provide dessert menu. Food was cold.
- Good Atmoshpere a little noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014At times we couldn't hear ourselves because it was a little noisy. Also seemed cramped with servers running into each other. Great food and service thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual diningArkayeDined on 7/5/2014A comfortable eating experience. Food is always well cooked. Menu provides a good variety to choose from.Special Features:
- Layed-back but livelyClovergirlDined on 7/5/2014I can always count on Cap City for good American-style food in a fun, casual atmosphere. They also serve up fine cocktails, which not all restaurants do well. The last time I was there, I tried one of the seasonal drinks. It was a different, interesting taste and I liked it. If you have never been there, give Cap City a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mid week mealBarbaraDined on 7/2/2014We decided at the last minute to go out for dinner and I made a reservation for just an hour from the time I logged in to Open Table. We arrived and were seated immediately. We had a nice meal with a friendly server assisting us. Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No open table request doneDeborahDined on 7/1/2014We requested a round table and said we were having a birthday. We told them again when we came and nothing was done. We were really disappointed. We use to celebrate all special occasions here. Now since it is under new ownership I don't know that we will come back except maybe for lunch. Waitress was weak had to request even water multiple times.Special Features:
- Great brunch!lrb777Dined on 6/29/2014A wonderful meal at Cap City as usual. I took my sons and daughter-in-law to brunch and everyone had a great meal. The only complaint I had was that I took an order of bread pudding (my favorite dessert) home with me and it was missing some components. After a call to the restaurant, I was promised a free dessert on my next visit!Special Features:
- Gourmet on a budgetlucky219Dined on 6/29/2014Excellent upscale diner fare at average prices. Lives up to the Cameron Mitchell name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great AtmosphereJess785Dined on 6/29/2014I had a few family members in town and we were looking for somewhere that had breakfast and lunch options. Cap City has a great selection of both. The food was delicious, the service was prompt and friendly, and the portions were huge! You could definitely share a few things with a table and still have plenty for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Cap City!LAHinColsDined on 6/28/2014I've eaten at Cap City Diner at both of their locations and always have amazing food with great service. The quality of the food is always top-notch and their desserts are to die for. Personal favorites include the Romano-crusted chicken, Two apple spinach salad and of course the meatloaf. The only reason I didn't mark it as being a romantic destination is because it can get a bit noisy when it's crowded. I would recommend it to anyone in search of an upscale meal at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- good time/good foodgidgetVIPDined on 6/23/2014Took my husband and friends for a birthday dinner-food and service were great. Loved the Harvest Salad!Special Features:
- Gahanna Gold!RKHarrDined on 6/21/2014We eat here frequently and always ask ourselves,"Why don't we eat here more often?" Cap City has a always met or exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weaverfoodiesDined on 6/15/2014Be careful! The portion sizes are hugh! We love the food and if you share you save room for their delicious desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!finedining2Dined on 6/15/2014I was looking for a place with good food, & decent portions (my hubby likes to eat), and kid friendly (because I had no sitter) to take my husband out for Father's Day & Cap City did not disappoint us! The food was awesome and our server was great too. I'd definitely recommend this place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free FindStaycelineDined on 6/14/2014I am gluten free and not only did I find wonderful menu items I could eat, I was treated very well! Our waiter, Chase, was very knowledgeable about what I could eat, and was very nice about helping me find something to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blandsekng2flavorDined on 6/10/2014I was surprised how bland the food was... For the price you would expect something better. Even my 4 year olds who will eat anything turned their noses up. Our server was very good and the treasure chest for the kids was cool.Special Features:
- Good choice for lunchGopher5Dined on 5/28/2014Wide variety of items on menu, which helped our birthday group of 8 each find something they wanted to eat including one with celiac disease. Separate gluten free menu was a real plus.Special Features:
- Always reliable always good.NappingwolfDined on 5/24/2014One of my favorite go to restaurants. Something for everyone. Always good service and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food always good, ambiance OKMiamiConciergeVIPDined on 5/17/2014Went with friends for dinner on Saturday. It was busy, so we appreciated being able to make reservations on Open Table. While this location, like the on in Grandview, can be pretty lively & noisy, we were further distracted because we were seated near the kitchen entrance. It is family friendly without being too casual. Cap City always has a nice variety on its menu for s various tastes and dietary needs. They offer a gluten-free menu, which is very nice. The gluten-free rolls were good. I often have the salmon, but also like the meatloaf (bring an extra stomach: it's HUGE) and have never disliked anything I've tried. Service was friendly and efficient. Also, we were celebrating a birthday and appreciated the complimentary dessert.Special Features:
- Graduation dinner was perfect!hungryfolksDined on 5/17/2014We had a party of 5 to celebrate my husband's MBA graduation. We had reservations so we were seated immediately upon arrival. Reservations were at 5:30 PM and we were finished and out of there by 6:30. This was important to us since some of our party had to drive home over 150 miles away. It was as though our server picked up on the fact that we needed to move things along. Everything was delicious! Salad, iced tea and the MEATLOAF they are famous for! Children's menu had a great selection. I noticed they also have a "young adult" section on their kid's menu - this is perfect for those kids who aren't quite ready to eat an entire adult meal but kiddie meals just aren't enough! We loved it!! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love ReubensFulltimeFoodieDined on 5/17/2014I went to Cap City on a lunch date with my mother. Of course I've heard rumors of their exceptional meatloaf so I opted for the meatloaf sandwich. While it was certainly enjoyable, it's still just meatloaf. Quite honestly, the Reuben my mother had ordered stole the show. It looked to-die-for (and I am not a Reuben fan). Mom is most definitely an aficionado of the Reuben, and she claims it is "hands-down" the BEST she's ever had, ever. Trust me, that is saying a lot. She said the corned beef was so tender and perfect. She is still talking about it. If you love the Reuben, I believe this is it for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cap City - GahannaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014I forgot to ask for a booth when I made the reservation so my wife and I got stuck at a table, not a fan. House was packed so I didn't ask to move. The atmosphere was energetic, our server was knowledgeable and attentive. Beer selection was sub-par but the featured Bells was good. The blue cheese chips were huge and terrific. I ordered the reuben but was dissappointed. It was not a good presentation, just simply served on a plate. Not enough corned beef, cheese or thousand island. The rye was quite good though. I expected an over the top thick sandwich, it was average. My wife had the vegatable plate. It was fantastic, the goat cheese, wild rice and steamed veggies were great. The hummus and pitas were also terrific. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites.KristanDined on 5/15/2014We go to Cap City often...the meatloaf is great but my favorite dish that I always get is the Balsamic Chicken. Portion is huge and it's delicious! And save room for the excellent desserts, you can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Gourmet food, very reasonable prices. Very courteous staff.Special Features: