Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview
1299 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, OH 43212Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capcitygrandview.com/
- Phone: (614) 291-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00-11:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Larry MacDonald
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer semi-private dining from 15-30 in our auxillary dining room, and specialize in large parties. We look forward to helping plan your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Scheren 6142913663x
- Special Events: Join us in our bar at Cap City from 4 - 6:30 p.m. Monday- Friday
Monday Wine Night at Cap City Fine Diner and Bar
Enjoy any bottle of wine from our collection at half price.
A word from Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview
As with any diner, at Cap City Fine Diner & Bar you feel immediately comfortable and at ease. Like no other diner, it’s artsy and cool. The Cap City menu follows suit, with recognizable favorites like meatloaf receiving unexpected & delightful upscale twists, alongside trendier chef-driven dishes with big flavors. Desserts at this Cameron Mitchell Restaurant are retro-cool, taste better than you remember & are showstopper-sized.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview - Best Restaurants in Grandview Heights ›
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (140)great for lunch (126)fit for foodies (113)neighborhood gem (105)special occasion (81)great for outdoor dining (81)great for brunch (68)hot spot (55)kid-friendly (50)vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (18)romantic (15)notable wine list (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/26/2014The food is always excellent. The server, Michael Powell, was and is always the best. The hosts are always very cooperative when one of a group arrives late and when reservations for a group of usually 4-7 people change numbers. It's a great place for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014Cap City is a classic! Great food, especially the meat loaf. Service is always top notch & the bar is great. All around good experience every single visit :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, Even better food, decent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014This place was amazing. I would say get the meatloaf but my girlfriend got the romano crusted chicken and it was just as good! The only downside was our waitress brought her the completely wrong meal but even the wrong meal looked good! Seriously the food is amazing, it gets pretty packed and the tables are close so its kinda loud but not so loud you cant enjoy YOUR conversation. Also i just want to point out that the manager personally delivered our corrected dish and apologized. Also of note is that ALL of the staff seemed genuinely happy. Like high fiving each other when walking past. Authentic smiles make for an even better atmosphere. Definitely a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Special Occasion.LuvNemoDined on 11/18/2014I made this reservation for a special occasion. We were seated in front of the entry door and in front of the kitchen and beside the area where the staff "hang-out". It was VERY cold [arctic blast every time the door opened] and too much noise from the kitchen and staff. There are other tables that could have accommodated a party of six. It was disappointing. The waitress wasn't very attentive, but the food [as always] was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!JukeboxgalsDined on 11/16/2014Our Cap City experience was perfect. My sister was here from Florida and we came for brunch after church last Sunday. I had easily made reservations on Open Table and our table was infront of the fireplace to warm us. Our food was delicious and we enjoyed a leisurely meal and time together. When my sister and I wanted to purchase Cameron gift cards, David, our server said he could, but told us about the special of an added $25 card would be given for every $100 gift card starting the very next day, Monday 11/17. So we did get 2 gift cards the next day to give as thank you gifts for our friends. Please pass our "thank you" to David, we did not get to say it to him or good bye as he was dutifully serving others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodItalygirlDined on 11/15/2014I come here every couple months, and it usually doesn't disappoint. I love the Salmon salad - that's what I tend to get every time. And the carrot cake was DIVINE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!tcupbabyDined on 11/14/2014To start, the food is fabulous but a bit on the expensive side which is why we only go for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GogiDined on 11/14/2014Everything was fantastic, it was our 55 year wedding anniversary and everyone was so gracious. Thanks Gloria and Frank BarnesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedTraditionalistDined on 11/11/2014Service was great. It was Veteran's"Day and I think the participation was higher than a usual Tuesday. My chicken pot pie had more mushrooms than chicken. Mushrooms in chicken pot pie huh? Mashed potatoes in chicken pot pie? My husband's veggies were totally overcooked.
- Excellent food!JABKDined on 11/9/2014I love the Romano Crusted chicken so much that I can't order anything else when I visit. I got my husband to try it this time and h loved it to. Server was great!Special Features:
- Fantastic Good and ServiceTerriFDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I went to Cap City for dinner before going to the Lion King. We were worried about having enough time to eat, but we shouldn't have been. The service was great and super fast. Our waitress recommended their specialty margarita which I loved! We had pecan-crusted pork chops and meatloaf and both entrees were not only delicious, the portions were large (I had to take one of the chops home). I would definitely recommend this fantastic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great EveningBoPeepDined on 11/6/2014Cap City never disappoints! They managed to put our two separate reservations together at one table and provide us with the superior service we've come to expect from Cap City Diner. Food, as always, was outstanding!Special Features:
- Cheryl1122Dined on 11/1/2014My husband likes their meatloaf. I like their pecan encrusted pork chops. Our only complaint about Cap City is that it is often very loud in there. I despise a restaurant where I have to scream to be heard by the person at the same table.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceCP1971Dined on 11/1/2014Parking was great, bar was welcoming while waiting for our group to arrive, table right on time and food and service were excelent.Special Features:
- Great experienceJoeDVIPDined on 11/1/2014Have dined here several times - always great food and service. I would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, an excellent experienceSmartmugDined on 10/31/2014I've nearly always had a great experience at Cap City. This visit we went for dinner (though we were back two days later for brunch) Very classic "diner" feel to the place and noise level was pretty moderate too. Food was outstanding, you HAVE to get the Blue Maytag chips, the Meatloaf and the Chocolate Cake. All three are delicious. Service was listed as a 4, just because water refills were a tad behind my preference, but it was rather busy so understandable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably goodCandLDined on 10/31/2014Met friends for dinner. We have never been disappointed with a meal here. Excellent service- many on the wait staff have been there for years, and they are pleasant, efficient, and knowledgeable. Entrees are sort of comfort food made upscale, and they are very good. Fun, sort of mid century atmosphere. If you don't have reservations, you will have a wait. It is very popular in the community.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We were a large group of 10 and as an agency we celebrate Halloween and came in costume. Our servers Chris and Chris (one in training) made it an extra special good time. Our food was all served at the same time...no mistakes and they kept the table cleared of plates and the refills kept coming. We love the food at Cap City and we prefer the Grandview location. We are a domestic violence shelter and this is a way for the agency to support our staff. Each year we dress up for Halloween and if you wear a costume the agency will buy your lunch and the staff chooses where they want to go...and everyone agreed we needed some of those awesome chips.........what a way to relieve stress. Thanks for a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!ARL2014VIPDined on 10/28/2014As always, outstanding good and great service! Food came quick and well prepared. Save room for the dessert too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was outstanding!bhanson2795Dined on 10/27/2014We had a party of 12 for our dining experience and our server (Ryan) was amazing! He was attentive to our every need, everything came our perfectly. It was an awesome experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- that's walleye?WalleyeDined on 10/27/2014As a first time diner, I was looking forward to the experience and invited good friends. All was fine until we ordered the "monday special" - a crab topped walleye that was described by our server, but not on the menu. When the dish arrived, no one recognized it as walleye which is typically a thin fillet, or served with the bones, and usually skin on. The fillet we were served was the average looking, thick piece of sole. There was no crab to be seen on the plate save for a few pieces in a thick white sauce. As I said, everything else was fine, but the apparent deception made us question whether we would ever come back. An e-mail sent directly to the restaurant has yet to be responded to.Special Features:
- DavidDined on 10/26/2014Food continues to be very good even with the rise in prices and our server, Vince! was the best.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ribsCATHDined on 10/25/2014I've been to Cap City many times and I'm always very satisfied. I had the Blue Plate Special ribs and they were delicious. I brought my niece and her boyfriend with me this time and they both enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- No BreadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014The food was excellent but the service was below standard. Our server forgot to bring the bread he promised and then did nothing when we reminded him about it.Special Features:
- Once again, a great lunchBabsDined on 10/24/2014A colleague and I went for lunch. We sat in the outdoor enclosed area with the heater overhead and it was very pleasant. The service was great and the lunch salad I had was perfect. And... those rolls - the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food.yumo12Dined on 10/23/2014The food at Cap City never disappoints. There is plenty to choose from, but not so much that it is overwhelming. The hostesses are always friendly and the atmosphere is nice, but the menu items are what keeps us coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty as UsualFranklinDined on 10/23/2014This is one of my wife's go-to choices. I can't complain. The meatloaf is always a solid choice. Switch up the potatoes to their Cheddar Chipotle potatoes and you have a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealglutenfreefoodieDined on 10/22/2014The food and service was excellent. They have a great gluten free menu, lots of options, my appetizer, meal and dessert were very good. Service was great too, everyone was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably delicious!DianeDined on 10/22/2014Every Cameron Mitchell restaurant I've visited has been great. Cap City Diner is a regular choice when we are headed downtown because we can always count on friendly, efficient service and great food. This visit began with warm greetings, our choice of table, and a nice glass of wine. My diet-conscious friend saves her calories for only the best treats. She splurged on their signature meat loaf and loved every bite. I savored every morsel of their delectable salmon. We had just enough relaxing time before dinner arrived, and we were not rushed out when our meal was finished, even though they were getting busier. We can always count on Cap City, and we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchbunchDined on 10/22/2014Cap City is one of our favorite go to lunch places for birthdays and special occasions for our work team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cap City is Great!!!!WALKERRANGERDined on 10/20/2014We have never had a bad experience everytime we have been there. The food is great and the desserts are AWESOME!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gluten free grubkatepiva89Dined on 10/19/2014This is one of my go to places to enjoy a great gluten free meal. The calamari is excellent and my son enjoys the french fries (dedicated fryer). Have never been disappointed with an entree.Special Features:
- Meh visitCfoodloverDined on 10/19/2014The food is always good - however in our past few visits the service has been noticeably declining. As soon as we were seated a patron behind us had water spilled all over her and her booth seat. Our food was brought out for 4 of us and the other 3 were dropped all over the floor - no manager came to apologize and no attempt was made for any adjustment to their bills. While we waited on the 3 dropped meals - we heard several other crashes and gasps - it was an odd night for sure. Our server took our drink order and didn't come back to the table to take orders for 15 minutes - same time span when we were paying our bills. She took our cards - and we didn't see her again for 15 minutes - Not a spiffy night for service for sureI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Vince was our waiter and he is wonderful! He was very attentive and entertaining! He really made our evening great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014My husband and I received gift certificates to dine at this restaurant. The portion sizes were huge and the food was enough for two meals. I also enjoyed my strawberry/lemonade. The waitress left a small refill container at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodJayneVIPDined on 10/12/2014Every thing was delicious and our server was terrific.Special Features:
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Food is great. I made reservation on line and was pleased that it had been received and table saved at the appointed reservation time. It was a little too noisy for our group of 5 to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Balsamic ChickenBluedogDined on 10/11/2014I am very disappointed with the changes to this meal. You used to get 3 chicken breasts, then two and eventually one. This time I got something (partial breast) with bones. Did not care for it at all and will not be reordering. I had enjoyed this for many, many years. Also have loved (still do) the balsamic vinegar part. At some point in time they started to add some other yellowish sauce. Do not care for it and it took away from the good balsamic flavor. My husband ordered the club sandwich...the bread/toast was burnt. I still love many of your appetizers (and the great bread pudding...please do NOT change that!!) and will order those in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LORSLOVELIFE101Dined on 10/10/2014*MY GIRLFRIENDS & I HAD JUST COME FROM A DANCE CLASS*EVEN THOUGH WE WERE 10 MINS LATE*WE WERE SEATED PROMPTLY* THE ATMOSPHERE WAS NICE*WE HAD A BLAST!!! BLESS/BLESSED/BLESSINGS**PAULASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OHBoy614VIPDined on 10/10/2014Though a little too loud this time, Cap City is always dependable for food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.