Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview
1299 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, OH 43212Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capcitygrandview.com/
- Phone: 6142913663x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00-11:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Larry MacDonald
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer semi-private dining from 15-30 in our auxillary dining room, and specialize in large parties. We look forward to helping plan your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Scheren 6142913663x
- Special Events: Join us in our bar at Cap City from 4 - 6:30 p.m. Monday- Friday
Monday Wine Night at Cap City Fine Diner and Bar
Enjoy any bottle of wine from our collection at half price.
A word from Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview
As with any diner, at Cap City Fine Diner & Bar you feel immediately comfortable and at ease. Like no other diner, it’s artsy and cool. The Cap City menu follows suit, with recognizable favorites like meatloaf receiving unexpected & delightful upscale twists, alongside trendier chef-driven dishes with big flavors. Desserts at this Cameron Mitchell Restaurant are retro-cool, taste better than you remember & are showstopper-sized.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview - Best Restaurants in Grandview Heights ›
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview reviews from OpenTable diners
273 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (122)good for groups (120)neighborhood gem (107)fit for foodies (105)great for outdoor dining (102)special occasion (97)great for brunch (82)kid-friendly (74)hot spot (43)romantic (24)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (13)notable wine list (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food, lacking serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Our table shared the GF cheddar covered potato chips. One member of our party was skeptical at first but when the plate came out we all picked it clean! Delicious starter! Yummy dinners all around. Service was lacking. We got the feeling our server was new or just not up to par with the type of service we expected. She seemed timid and shy. Biggest upset of the night, 3 of us went with empty water glasses for 12 minutes. We pushed our glasses to the very edge of the table to try and get noticed. Not only did our server neglect to see, but we became surprised no other servers took an initiate either. A manager even walked by our table and failed to ask us about our meal or the service or notice the three glaringly empty glasses. #parchedSpecial Features:
- Spot on as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/12/2014Great food, serving, ambiance as usual. There on a Fri evening. Vibrant crowd for sure. Great, accommodating service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurants!SallyDined on 9/12/2014I work near Cap City, so it is very convenient and I have many favorite menu choices! There are times I've been there twice in one week, but with so many great options, I'm happy!Special Features:
- Cap City always a pleasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Pleasantly surprised how fast our food was served! Bleu cheese chips are always amazing! Pork chops were delicious as well. David was very attentive and had my 2 year old sons food come out with our app, which was very nice! We will definetly be back. Thanks team Cap City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceGgggggghhhhhhhhhDined on 9/10/2014More fun when outside is open. Calamari appetizer was smaller than we usually receive . Waiter was great. Service awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealpartytymeDined on 9/7/2014Had pretzels and blue cheese chips for appetizer, meat loaf for dinner and key lime pie for dessert. Everything was great as usual. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom of manyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I expected more from Caneron Mitchell but this is just your average "diner". Didn't finish even half my meal and won't go back. Service was not good either; not asked for refills on drinks even 1 time.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!JoeDVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was probably our 3rd visit to this location. Always great food and service - and this trip was no exception. Had superb service and excellent brunch item this trip. Would definitely recommend this location to anyone in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!MRM1Dined on 9/5/2014Thanks for a great experience! Large group and quick service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service, Noisefactus50Dined on 9/5/2014Great food, great service, somewhat noisy. Luckily we sat outside which was much quieter than inside.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014This is the perfect place to bring or meet friends. Food was amazing, highly recommend the Blue cheese potato chips as an app to get the party started. EXCELLENT MEATLOAF. EXCELLENT CHEESESTEAKS. Romano chicken was my favorite. Enjoy !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appreciation LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I brought a small group of public service staff members to the restaurant to recognize them for their outstanding service to our agency and to the community. I made reservations for the event. When we arrived, we were seated immediately and our server also gave us quick and constant attention. The lunch menu had many delicious options and most items were reasonably priced. Each of us enjoyed our meals and our decadent deserts! Overall it was an outstanding experience and although we can't do this often in public service, we'll return again for our next recognition event.Special Features:
- Great place to eatHalls1218Dined on 8/30/2014We come here 3 or 4 times a year and it's always great. Or server this past time was very courteous but efficient about it. We all enjoyed him. Almost all of us got the meatloaf because it's our favorite and that good! There are 5 people in my family and usually 3 or 4 of us choose to come here for our birthday. The desserts are really good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kakmacDined on 8/30/2014Fried fish dinner with more batter coating than I like. Overall though, a great place to eat! Lots of funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lacking service todayRestaurantressDined on 8/24/2014The food was spot on and all in my party of 6 agreed. But, our waitress was kind of spacey. She brought the wrong entree out for me and made some excuse and then I had to ask her twice to bring me a condiment, so by the time I received it, I was halfway through my meal. I also had to ask for a refill on my beverage. She just wasn't as attentive as she should've been and how most servers at Cap City are. Perhaps she was out late the night before? Not my problem.Special Features:
- Cap CityDRLGVIPDined on 8/23/2014Very nice to work with. Food was fresh. Very accommodating.Special Features:
- terrific60sDined on 8/18/2014always good food, but it is noisy....good service! We love their meatloaf and homemade potato chips, and nothing beats their Serious Chocolate Cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday night family dinnerBmccDined on 8/17/2014Met with sons 25 and 23 for Sunday night dinner as they live nearby. A favorite of the family for many years. We each have a favorite dish. One son ordered the crab stuffed tilapia, which looked delicious and was according to him. The romano crusted chicken was very good as well and ordered by 2 in the family. I had the spicy chicken rigatoni, which I have had before. In this instance, the dish was not very spicy and the spicy sauce was very runny and lacked much flavor. Unusual for this dish. Service refilling drinks was a little slow. We were seated on the patio and it was not very crowded so unsure as to the reason. This visit was fine, but not up to the standards of previous visits.Special Features:
- Always good.NathanDined on 8/17/2014Cap City has become one of our favorite places to go. With a wide-selection of entries and first rate appetizers, my family's diverse demands (we run from vegetarian to carnivore) are generally met. Food is tasty, service is pretty fast, a little crowded inside. Nevertheless, it is unlikely that we do not go there once a month.Special Features:
- Baby's first Cap Cityeyeblink82Dined on 8/17/2014We have a 4 month old baby, and brunch at Cap City was a breeze. They had a sling available, and the background noise kept the little one content. We were with his great grandparents who were happy and impressed with the food and restaurant. Perhaps they'll visit more often now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place for special eventsCooper12Dined on 8/16/2014The service, food and overall experience is always outstanding at Cap City Diner. We especially love the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service = GoodRachelDined on 8/15/2014I ate here for the first time and everything went well. The food and service was good. The best thing I ate was the maytag chips as an appetizer and the peanut butter pie for dessert.Special Features:
- Average FoodLennymousDined on 8/15/2014Been here multiple times and this time the food was just average. It was a bit disappointing since previous occasions food was great. Hopefully we just hit a "off" night.Special Features:
- Great experience.SteveBDined on 8/15/2014Perfect place to entertain out of town guests for lunch.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchcatsDined on 8/12/2014You provided a wonderful lunch for my wife's birthday....Special Features:
- BevoDined on 8/11/2014Our server, Bob, did an excellent job for us. The food was excellent and the service was impeccable. Really like Cap City Diner!Special Features:
- VERY NICE BIRTHDAY DINNERNYSIMCOXDined on 8/11/2014WE ARRIVED EARLY AND WERE SEATED RIGHT AWAY I WAS VERY SURPRISED THAT THE RESTAURANT WAS SO BUSY FOR A MONDAY EARLY EVENING. I HAD THE ROMANO FRIED CHICKEN WITH THE BUTTER PASTA. AND IT WAS WONDERFUL THE CHICKEN WAS VERY TENDER AND MOIST. I USUALLY GET THE MEATLOAF AND DECIDED TO LIVE OUTSIDE THE BOX AND IT WAS A GREAT CHOICE. SERVER WAS FINE. IT WAS A VERY NICE PLACE TO CELEBRATE MY BIRTHDAY WITH MY MOTHER AND FRIEND.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch Successbecca0721Dined on 8/11/2014Cap City was a great place to take the team for lunch to celebrate our project success. Excellent food and service. We were in and out within an hour. Everyone had plenty to eat and the team loved the flavored iced teas.Special Features:
- I had a great experiencejimboDined on 8/6/2014The service was great and the food was better. I will be there next week!Special Features:
- Great placeLuv2eatDined on 8/6/2014Waitress was great. Service was great. Used open table to reserve. I got lost and was 15 min late for my reservation and they still found me a seat instantly. Price is a little much for me but it's a good place for sure. I'll come back definitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- judyVIPDined on 8/6/2014new item on menu crabcake on english muffin was delicious
- Over priced and blandU8mykiwiDined on 8/4/2014This was my 3rd time at Cap City hopeing it would be the charmer for me...sadly not. I found the service to be lacking, food is way over priced for the quality. I won't be back, it is just a SO SO spot.
- yummiDined on 8/3/2014the brunch was AMAZING! great food and nice sized portions. the cinnamon rolls are to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fantasticIwillbebackDined on 8/3/2014Been there a dozen times over the past few years. Can't remember ever having a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceLyndyDined on 8/2/2014All five of us loved our food. The service was good. Just a nice place. I didn't realize there was outside dining or we would have asked to eat outside. Next time for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood GemAnnie123Dined on 8/1/2014you can always count on a good experience at Cap City. Food is great, service is great and the outdoor patio is a plus on pleasant summer evenings or afternoon. Can't go wrong!Special Features:
- Family lunchChrissyDined on 7/31/2014As always the food was just outstanding, love those Maytag cheese chips, one of my favorites and the pork chop was just succulent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not too formalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014If you are looking for a place with character and casual comfort...this is it. My favorites are the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Wednesday SpecialcarolDined on 7/30/2014Many people turn up their noses at the suggestion of liver and onions because they were force fed bad l&o as a child. Despite my mother's bad prep, I love it! And Cap City takes it to a new level with a balsamic reduction. I've always said that a restaurant the has the courage to put it on a menu has to be able to make it well. Cap City does just that. And did I mention how addictive the Maytag Blue Chips are? Yum!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014FOOD /SERVICE,AND PRICES ARE EXCELLENT. THE NOISE LEVEL IS A NEGATI VE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.