Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview
1299 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, OH 43212Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capcitygrandview.com/
- Phone: 6142913663x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm -10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00-11:00pm; Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Larry MacDonald
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer semi-private dining from 15-30 in our auxillary dining room, and specialize in large parties. We look forward to helping plan your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Scheren 6142913663x
- Special Events: Join us in our bar at Cap City from 4 - 6:30 p.m. Monday- Friday
Monday Wine Night at Cap City Fine Diner and Bar
Enjoy any bottle of wine from our collection at half price.
A word from Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview
As with any diner, at Cap City Fine Diner & Bar you feel immediately comfortable and at ease. Like no other diner, it’s artsy and cool. The Cap City menu follows suit, with recognizable favorites like meatloaf receiving unexpected & delightful upscale twists, alongside trendier chef-driven dishes with big flavors. Desserts at this Cameron Mitchell Restaurant are retro-cool, taste better than you remember & are showstopper-sized.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview - Best Restaurants in Grandview Heights ›
Cap City Fine Diner & Bar - Grandview reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (128)great for lunch (126)fit for foodies (112)neighborhood gem (108)great for outdoor dining (100)special occasion (87)great for brunch (75)kid-friendly (53)hot spot (51)romantic (23)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (14)notable wine list (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Nice time!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014My husband and I received gift certificates to dine at this restaurant. The portion sizes were huge and the food was enough for two meals. I also enjoyed my strawberry/lemonade. The waitress left a small refill container at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodJayneVIPDined on 10/12/2014Every thing was delicious and our server was terrific.Special Features:
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Food is great. I made reservation on line and was pleased that it had been received and table saved at the appointed reservation time. It was a little too noisy for our group of 5 to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Balsamic ChickenBluedogDined on 10/11/2014I am very disappointed with the changes to this meal. You used to get 3 chicken breasts, then two and eventually one. This time I got something (partial breast) with bones. Did not care for it at all and will not be reordering. I had enjoyed this for many, many years. Also have loved (still do) the balsamic vinegar part. At some point in time they started to add some other yellowish sauce. Do not care for it and it took away from the good balsamic flavor. My husband ordered the club sandwich...the bread/toast was burnt. I still love many of your appetizers (and the great bread pudding...please do NOT change that!!) and will order those in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LORSLOVELIFE101Dined on 10/10/2014*MY GIRLFRIENDS & I HAD JUST COME FROM A DANCE CLASS*EVEN THOUGH WE WERE 10 MINS LATE*WE WERE SEATED PROMPTLY* THE ATMOSPHERE WAS NICE*WE HAD A BLAST!!! BLESS/BLESSED/BLESSINGS**PAULASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OHBoy614VIPDined on 10/10/2014Though a little too loud this time, Cap City is always dependable for food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liver&Onions: No Thick Gravy Pls!Cleveland53Dined on 10/8/2014The liver and onion lunch special piqued both our interests- we both got it-- it was huge! Great meat, great mashed Pot and steamed veggies-- but the gravy's consistency was think, lumpy, just TOO MUCH for the richness of the meat. Needed to be scraped off, and then the plate just looked so overwhelmingly DARK and viscous. The gravy's flavor was really great. But the consistency was not pleasant.Special Features:
- Not worth it!!Falcons77Dined on 10/5/2014Cap City was way over priced for average food. The service was very good. We were highly disappointed in the outrageous prices and found the food to be just ok - nothing that would make us ever want to go back.
- Great timefoodlove24Dined on 10/4/2014the food was great, the waiter was very kind, and the atmosphere was goodSpecial Features:
- Always a FavoriteOHBoy614VIPDined on 10/4/2014Cap City has been a favorite of ours for years. The food is consistently awesome and the service is always top notch as one would expect from a Cameron Mitchell operation.Special Features:
- Great food! Great Service!steakout2VIPDined on 10/3/2014It was a Friday night. Two of us had eaten at Cap City previously, two had not. Everyone had something different. Around the table the Friday special Crab Cakes; Fried Fish and French Fries with Slaw; Famous Meatloaf Dinner, and Romano Crusty Chicken. The men ate everything, the two women carried home tomorrow's lunch. Each left happy and content. Definitely will return. Food and service ...both excellent!Special Features:
- I'm not cookingMichaelVIPDined on 9/29/2014I just didn't feel like cooking. Cap City sounded good and we could get in when we wanted. I love their fried chicken and carrot cake! It was half price wine night too! And what a glorious night to sit outside,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014Unfortunately, our experience at Cap City Grandview was just okay. The prices have risen again, the food was far from exceptional and came out much too quickly. We want to continue to support this local fav, but our last few experiences have been less than stellar.Special Features:
- allibuckeyeDined on 9/28/2014We had a great experience and always the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AmazingPerfectlyPleasedDined on 9/27/2014Went on our first date in over a year, and we couldn't have picked a better place! The ambiance was very romantic, the wait staff was professional, friendly, and efficient, and the food pretty much melted in your mouth with the perfect pop of flavor. Thank you so much Cap City, for making our (much needed) night... PERFECT!Special Features:
- helpful and friendly serversBunkyDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant has a friendly staff, comfortable seating and a nice ambiance. It has a lively clientele, but we don't get the feeling of being stuffed in. We came fairly often despite the huge repertoire of restaurants in Columbus.Special Features:
- Great TimeRubyshcDined on 9/22/2014This was my first visit to Cap City and it did not disappoint. The service was extremely friendly and very efficient. The potato chips with melted blue cheese appetizer is crazy good. Try the Banana Bread Pudding for dessert. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion of former colleaguesChrissyDined on 9/22/2014The lunch was great, reminded us of when we would quick get a way from the office for some comfort food, specifically the Maytag chips and the meat loaf. Now we still order the same fare and talk really fast as if it was our last outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GmanGmanDined on 9/21/2014The food as usual is very good! We had a group of 12 and they did an excellent job of fully exceeding our needs! Love this place.Special Features:
- Food is amazingsasannah1Dined on 9/21/2014They have the BEST meatloaf in Columbus. Be sure to leave with a slice of Peanut Butter pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been a few changesthefourofusVIPDined on 9/19/2014We miss the bleu cheese slaw. The chocolate cake is now huge but it used to be gigantic. Fish and chips were terrific.
- neighborhood gemAnnie123Dined on 9/19/2014you can always count on great food and great service at Cap City. it is one of my favorite restaurants. it was a great nite to sit out on the patio and enjoy the fresh air and ambiance.Special Features:
- Almost too fastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Almost immediately after sitting down we were greeted by the waitress. They had our drinks and appetizers within 5 minutes. Our meal came shortly after that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Our meal and service was wonderful. Have not been in for years, to find a new layout. We really liked the atmosphere. We will be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceToddDined on 9/18/2014My wife and I have been here several times, and we've booked the reservation through OpenTable each time. From the time we made the reservation until we finished our meal and left, everything was top notch. The atmosphere is casual, yet upscale. The food is excellent, yet reasonably priced. The service is impeccable. and it's obvious the employees enjoy their jobs. It shows in everything they do.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014It was the first time eating at this restaurant so I wasn't sure what to expect. I ate on the patio, and would probably never eat inside. It seemed very open and busy, whereas the patio was more private and quiet. Our server was very nice but socially awkward whenever he came to our table. The food was amazing, but not worth as much as we paid for. ONE crab cake was $13 and it was not big at all.Special Features:
- Great food, lacking serviceyummtinmytummyDined on 9/16/2014Our table shared the GF cheddar covered potato chips. One member of our party was skeptical at first but when the plate came out we all picked it clean! Delicious starter! Yummy dinners all around. Service was lacking. We got the feeling our server was new or just not up to par with the type of service we expected. She seemed timid and shy. Biggest upset of the night, 3 of us went with empty water glasses for 12 minutes. We pushed our glasses to the very edge of the table to try and get noticed. Not only did our server neglect to see, but we became surprised no other servers took an initiate either. A manager even walked by our table and failed to ask us about our meal or the service or notice the three glaringly empty glasses. #parchedSpecial Features:
- Can't go wrong with Key Lime PieBottleOfRedVIPDined on 9/13/2014I've eaten here two different times and the only thing I'd go back for is the key lime pie. On this visit the hostess was rude, but our server was pretty nice. I ordered the ribs on his recommendation and they were just ok, not the best or the worst I've eaten. No one at our table ate much of their food until dessert came and we thoroughly enjoyed the key lime pie.
- Spot on as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/12/2014Great food, serving, ambiance as usual. There on a Fri evening. Vibrant crowd for sure. Great, accommodating service as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurants!SallyDined on 9/12/2014I work near Cap City, so it is very convenient and I have many favorite menu choices! There are times I've been there twice in one week, but with so many great options, I'm happy!Special Features:
- Cap City always a pleasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014Pleasantly surprised how fast our food was served! Bleu cheese chips are always amazing! Pork chops were delicious as well. David was very attentive and had my 2 year old sons food come out with our app, which was very nice! We will definetly be back. Thanks team Cap City!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceGgggggghhhhhhhhhDined on 9/10/2014More fun when outside is open. Calamari appetizer was smaller than we usually receive . Waiter was great. Service awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealpartytymeDined on 9/7/2014Had pretzels and blue cheese chips for appetizer, meat loaf for dinner and key lime pie for dessert. Everything was great as usual. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom of manyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I expected more from Caneron Mitchell but this is just your average "diner". Didn't finish even half my meal and won't go back. Service was not good either; not asked for refills on drinks even 1 time.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!JoeDVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was probably our 3rd visit to this location. Always great food and service - and this trip was no exception. Had superb service and excellent brunch item this trip. Would definitely recommend this location to anyone in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!MRM1Dined on 9/5/2014Thanks for a great experience! Large group and quick service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service, Noisefactus50Dined on 9/5/2014Great food, great service, somewhat noisy. Luckily we sat outside which was much quieter than inside.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014This is the perfect place to bring or meet friends. Food was amazing, highly recommend the Blue cheese potato chips as an app to get the party started. EXCELLENT MEATLOAF. EXCELLENT CHEESESTEAKS. Romano chicken was my favorite. Enjoy !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appreciation LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I brought a small group of public service staff members to the restaurant to recognize them for their outstanding service to our agency and to the community. I made reservations for the event. When we arrived, we were seated immediately and our server also gave us quick and constant attention. The lunch menu had many delicious options and most items were reasonably priced. Each of us enjoyed our meals and our decadent deserts! Overall it was an outstanding experience and although we can't do this often in public service, we'll return again for our next recognition event.Special Features:
- Great place to eatHalls1218Dined on 8/30/2014We come here 3 or 4 times a year and it's always great. Or server this past time was very courteous but efficient about it. We all enjoyed him. Almost all of us got the meatloaf because it's our favorite and that good! There are 5 people in my family and usually 3 or 4 of us choose to come here for our birthday. The desserts are really good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.