5775 E Santa Ana Canyon Road
Anaheim Hills, CA 92807Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyonrestaurantoc.com/
- Phone: 7142831062
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Mead
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call the restaurant directly for off-site catering information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room seats up to 30 people.
- Special Events: Please contact Ms.Andrea Jackson @ (949)2931901 for information regarding private parties, and restaurant buy-outs.
A word from Canyon Restaurant
Chef Richard Mead creates an ever-changing, seasonal menu that boasts a wide-range of quality, in-demand ingredients handpicked by him personally at the Santa Monica Farmer's market. Mead is fond of saying that his ingredients stand up for themselves, locally sourced as they are from farmers who, after so many years, have become his friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Canyon Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- What Happened?ClarinetistDined on 9/11/2013After being ignored for 35 minutes, we just walked out and had a great meal at Yves' Bistro nearby. We had a reservation for 7 pm, sat down, got our bread and water, and were just ignored. Awful......
- The menu selections were appealinglwcubedDined on 9/9/2013The menu selections were appealingly varied. Unfortunately, the food was only so-so. The food portions were appropriate, but the flavors were too extreme and did not blend well.
- Great choice of unusual flavorschefnanaDined on 9/8/2013Great choice of unusual flavors blended to perfection. Pleasant evening. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closing?BobbyVIPDined on 9/7/2013They are closing on 9/15. Hurry up and get some good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why is it closing?! It's ourBruinDined on 9/7/2013Why is it closing?! It's our favorite restaurant and it is such a shame to see this quality of a place not make it!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good byeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/5/2013Our server surprised us with the latest news. So sorry to hear this restaurant is closing. It will be missed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun local diningseasonsDined on 9/1/2013Love this place being so close to home. Nice and quaint with bar seating available to for dining besides main dining room. Had the pork chops while my companion has the shrimp linguinne with pesto and pine nuts--both were delicious. Wine pricing was good --- however mix drinks not prepared correctly.Special Features:
- Dinner at "The Canyon"OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2013I have enjoyed lunch at this sleek little restaurant, tucked at the edge of a shopping center, but it was my first time for dinner. It was not a disappointment. Menu has nice variety; prices are reasonable; atmosphere is cozy; noise level comfortable; and it's close to home! I'll definitely return...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We hadn't been there in aBillyjoe52Dined on 8/30/2013We hadn't been there in a while. It was quite busy on Friday night. It was great to see this neighborhood restaurant keeping it going.Special Features:
- Great placeBurnieVIPDined on 8/29/2013Food is always great and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basil MojitoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2013I needed a place for a business/social dinner in Anaheim, a place with which I am not familiar. Canyon looked interesting. I was a little surprised when we arrived that it was in a mall complex, but once inside it couldn't be less mall like. The atmosphere is warm and comfortable. We had a drink in the bar waiting for our friends to arrive. The bartender made my husband delicious basil Mojito. It's not on the menu. They were out of mint. Dinner was very good and the service was just right. The staff didn't even get ruffled when the power went out. We had finished dinner when the power went out in the whole area. Emergency lighting kept the place comfortable. If we find ourselves in the area again, we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!FullertongurlDined on 8/16/2013Found out about Canyon from a neighbor. Pleasantly surprised and it is truly a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canyon RestaurantCAMOMDined on 8/11/2013We dined at Canyon last weekend and had a wonderful time. Service was excellent and the menu had so many unique choices. We all had different entrees and they were beautifully prepared and served hot. The accompaniments to the entree were delicious and blended perfectly with the other flavors. We will go often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2013This was our first visit to Canyon. Everything was great from hostess to server Sydney. The salmon and filet were excellent. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- A superior local restaurantThenoexpertreviewerVIPDined on 8/1/2013The Canyon is as fine a local neighborhood restaurant as one could hope for. The menu is super, the service is what you would hope for, and the quality of food is off the charts. A real plus is that several days of the week, you can bring in your own wine with no corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our third "date night"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2013This is our third "date night" @ Canyon. Their menu and their choice of wines offered. GREAT !!!Special Features:
- Uneven: Some dishes great, some notdoobieDined on 7/3/2013I've been to Canyon Restaurant twice. It is uneven in both food and service. The salmon and scallops were great. Scallops were large but still very tender (which is difficult to do). The salmon is the best item on the menu of the 7 that have tried. The gazpacho shrimp and bruscheta appetizers were poor. The NY steak was cooked medium instead of the requested medium rare, but was still tasty. Service was good the 1st time, but slow the 2nd time.Special Features:
- Great placeLindaVIPDined on 6/27/2013We came for our anniversary and it was wonderful. The food was delicious, the wine abundant(by the glass) and our server respected our wishes for a leisurely dinner. We had a cozy booth.The bar has a great Happy Hour. Parking can be a little challenging.Special Features:
- ConsistentBacallVIPDined on 6/14/2013Always consistently good with a great wine selection!Special Features:
- Very different menu from theBilly13Dined on 6/1/2013Very different menu from the norm; but with excellent choices. Good wine list and service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the swordfish, it was5050Dined on 5/20/2013Had the swordfish, it was over cook, my boyfriend had the pork chop and it was cooked perfect. So 50/50 on the food.
- Great Local FindGaryPDined on 5/19/2013Very good food and nice and friendly service. A comfortable and inviting interior and a great place for a date or a family gathering. The pork chop was fantastic and the balsamic glazed salmon was also very good.Special Features:
- One More Beautiful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2013When we decided on the spur of the moment to go out for dinner, our thoughts turned to the Canyon Restaurant, the scene of several beautiful evenings. The Canyon is close, elegant and consistently reliable. The wine list is excellent; the food is creative and delicious; and the service is hospitable, low-key and dependable. This evening was no exception to our prior experience. We opened with an Italian Pinot Grigio and Tempura Battered Green Beans. That led to crab cakes for my wife, while I went for the Pork Chop with red cabbage. The entrée portions were of moderate size, which permitted a "small dessert", butter cake with Jack Daniels cream for my wife and triple sorbet for myself (especially the coconut chocolate). Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice Mother's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013We shared the tasty Gorgonzola & Granny Smith apple salad. My wife had a lobster linguine with fennel. I had a filet mignon with sliced portabella mushrooms over spinach. We enjoyed all three dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Neighborhood GemJoyceDined on 5/5/2013We always enjoy dinner there. It is reasonably priced. My husband really enjoyed the Decoy Wine from the Napa Valley. I'm diabetic so I can always have a good meal and keep my levels low.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as before.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2013I used to love this place for special occasion, both for their prefix dinner menu and brunch, but this time the quality of food is noticeably worse than before - the omelette was overcooked and the plate had absolutely nothing on it but the lonely omelette ! No garnish or side dish whatsoever. And the snapper dish really was lack of seasoning and fish itself had no taste. And portion is a lot smaller than before too. Hopefully they'll get better again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findBacallVIPDined on 5/4/2013Our last visit was amazing, great service and great food. This time there was apparently an issue in the kitchen and we were very slow to get our food. I have to say our waitress was very apologetic and more than made up for the delays with some amazing desserts! Definitely worth trying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hostess was RUDE!!! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2013The hostess was RUDE!!! We were there to celebrate my husband's 55th birthday. Very dissapointed as to were she said us. We were by the exit door by ourselves. Horrible table and we were the only ones in that ROOM. I asked if we were being punished. SHE ANSWERED YES. Was it because we booked our reservation though Open Table? Food was nothing special and the only redeeming quailty was our waitress. She was sweet.
- Very consistent. WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/26/2013Very consistent. Waitress was fun and encouraged us to try some new dishes. All were great.Special Features:
- My friend and I met for aOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/23/2013My friend and I met for a belated birthday lunch. The lunch was delicious, the restaurant brought a lovely dessert with a candle, and they let us talk and visit as long as we wanted. I always want to go again after being there.Special Features:
- Interesting and very goodBurnieVIPDined on 4/9/2013Interesting and very good food. Our server Lisa is full of high energy that translates into her passion for the food. Never had a bad meal in Canyon Great drinks, good wine and just a very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Well worth the Trip!luv2enjoyDined on 4/7/2013Chef Mead's talent shone through with superb results with each food item ordered! There were 4 of us at the table and each of us were very pleased with the quality and freshness of the food and the very skillful preparation of each item and delictible taste! For starters, the crisply flat bread was matched with a humus dip..we ordered another basket. The crab cakes were accompanied by a delicious salad of greens and roasted corn nuggets. The grilled beef short meat was deboned and served with a tasty dipping sauce and the meat portion was huge. 2 of the guests ordered the Hamburger and were amazed with the quality of the burger and the size of burger. All of us would definately enjoy his cuisine again...soon perhaps.Special Features:
- Anaheim Hills GemClarinetistDined on 4/3/2013The Canyon is a real dining gem in the food-barren Anaheim Hills area. We had the $55 dinner for two, with an included bottle of decent wine. A very good value for a three-course meal. The entrée was pork loin in a delicious wine reduction sauce, with a faint Asian flavor. Ives' Bistro is in the same mall, so some competition is evident between these two places. Good for all of us!Special Features:
- This is a gem in Anaheim Hills.YLFoodieDined on 3/22/2013This is a gem in Anaheim Hills. It has become our favorite in the area. The chef truly understand great food.Special Features:
- Was pleasantly suprised atOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/22/2013Was pleasantly suprised at the quality of the food!Special Features:
- Much Potential, Little Value . . .DanielVIPDined on 3/22/2013I don't normally write reviews, but felt compelled in this instance. The place has potential, but fails on each level. The food (scallops and risotto for me, and filet for my companion) were both poor. The risotto was bland, with overcooked vegetables mixed in. The scallops were fair, at best, but scallops are one of the easier things to cook correctly and usually stand on their own. Here, they barely did. The service was also fair (very spotty, with some moments quite focused, and at others entirely absent). In terms of ambiance, I have rarely seen a more confused set up. The bar seems vibrant, but I could see it clearly from the dining room, and the two rooms were just too overlapping in terms of both sight and sound.
- Welcome Addition To Our AreaClarinetistDined on 3/18/2013Anaheim Hills has a real shortage of decent restaurants, so Canyon Restaurant is welcome addition. Our meal were quite good, although my steak, a thin rib eye, was a bit tough. My wife had the small filet, which was excellent. No corkage fee on a Monday night, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The tasting lunch was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/16/2013The tasting lunch was fantastic. the parings were perfect. can not wait till next month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated my sister'sKathleenVIPDined on 3/11/2013We celebrated my sister's birthday at Canyon's. The food was fantastic and so was our server; appropriately attentive, good suggestions, flexible, and good humored. I had the lamb and my sister and brother-in-law had the scallops. We all had the beet salad. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Went for the OC RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2013Went for the OC Restaurant Week, but was surprised by the small portion of the soup and desert.Special Features: