Canyon Creek - Vaughan
255 Bass Pro Mills Drive
Vaughan, ON L4K 0A2Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Vaughan
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: (905) 532-0857
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3pm - 11pm, Friday - Saturday: 3pm -midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Canyon Creek - Vaughan
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Canyon Creek - Vaughan - Best Restaurants in Vaughan ›
Canyon Creek - Vaughan reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)special occasion (15)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (11)romantic (7)neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2014I went there for my Dad's Birthday and the service was great. Got refills on drinks without even asking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall experienceLFTSDined on 11/15/2014I went with a group from work, for some it was their first time and others not, the food the night we went was not the greatest, my meal was ok, but a few of the ladies that had the steak and one had the primerib sandwich was not impressed with the food they received, the meat was chewy and not very good. I'm not a meat eater but just looking at the meat it did not look great, and the one that had a steak had trouble cutting through the steak, even with a good knife. The conversation and the appetizers were good, not sure if the waiter we had was new but he wasn't sure on some stuff, he was ok and did what he could to accomodate and make us happy. Overall the experience was not the greatest and it will not be one we will be returning to for a group dinner.
- Excellent ServiceAkatzDined on 11/14/2014Our server was named Marlee. She was the absolute best waitress we have ever had! She was super friendly and really went out of her way to make sure our time here was good. She was fabulous! Next time we go back were asking to sit in Marlee's sectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceJohnDined on 11/9/2014Great service that we got that night, our server are very attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- Canyon CreekCanamVIPDined on 11/7/2014Food is good and seems to be of the same quality from one Canyon Creek Chophouse to the next (e.g. Niagara Falls, Toronto Airport, etc.) An excellent Canadian restaurant chain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodsabzDined on 10/28/2014Food was good.. Prices were a bit pricey for the kind and portion of their dishes.Special Features:
- KadsmealsDined on 10/27/2014Outstanding steaks - cooked to perfection as ordered. Amazing Brownie...the best I've ever tasted! Good attentive service....highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great service!FoodieDined on 10/24/2014My girlfriends and I consistently return to this spot because of the exceptional service, great food and friendly atmosphere. We never feel rushed, are always taken care of and enjoy this spot.Special Features:
- TDOTDined on 10/24/2014Great restaurant! Excellent appetizers...must try the asian nachos and sliders. We order those EVERY TIME!Special Features:
- ctsrichmondhillDined on 10/18/2014Food was great and service also. Seating 7 people seemed to be a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ServiceDeeDeeDined on 10/10/2014The food was good but the service was lacking. I'm not sure if the server was trying to be funny or something, but he made several rude comments. He also rudely interrupted us repeatedly while taking our order. This is also not a big deal but he forgot to bring bread or anything in the beginning which left us waiting hungrily for our food for quite some time. Even though the food was good, I will not be returning as the horrible service completely ruined the feel of the night.
- Very Nice Birthday Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014We had a great dinner at Canyon Creek. Celebrated a birthday dinner with my family. We really enjoyed the fish tacos and the complimentary birthday cake. Our waiter Kyle was fabulous. He was really friendly, knowledgeable and made us feel very comfortable. Great local place for a special occasion dinner! Kyle, thanks very much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The overall experience was okay but I / we were disappointed in the portion size and prices. It has been over three months since our last visit. The food portions have significantly decreased and yet the price increased? The chicken, the pickerel, and the prime rib sandwich were all smaller than in the past. The price also has gone up .50 to 2.00 per each entrée. Usually we/ I leave 'stuffed' and yet this time we left hungry. The server also did not offer more bread. Usually they do. I will try one more time to see if this was an isolated incident or if it is all Canyon restaurants. We usually attend the one at Sherway location and Niagara Casino location. The server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit & missOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The food overall was about a 5.5 out of 10. Prime rib was not the best but it was good. My wife had the fish tacos, she made me taste them to prove how bad they were. Bland, void of texture and soggy. The worst I have ever had(and I have tried them at Buffalo Wild Wing). kids meals were standard not bad, not great. I would say overpriced for the quality of food, but the restaurant is nice in appearance. Don't think I would go back, not because it was that bad, just too many places to try before I would spend 150$ there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traveler's Delight!DiNeR1VIPDined on 8/23/2014Looked for a comfortable upscale eatery and Canyon Creek exceeded all expectations. Friendly, exceptional service from Mia. Food was super- Asian Nachos and prime rib sliders recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelent place, food and servicesteveDined on 8/10/2014Our exerience was enjoyable, cozy and the ambient was perfect plus the location at around shopping area.Special Features:
- At par.thegrumpleDined on 8/9/2014My partner and I had made reservations for dinner at Canyon Creek hoping to enjoy a decent steak dinner. We went under the presumption that it would be at par with franchise steakhouses like The Keg. While the prices reflected that notion, the quality fell a little short. Noticing other patrons around we had deduced that it was geared more towards "Having drinks with friends" or "Socially eating" than what we had in mind. Service and Food came by super fast.
- never againboomboom1Dined on 8/3/2014Daughter steak was rare. Asked for medium. My prime rib was medium well asked for medium. Wife's pomegranate margarita was missing lime and half full. Creme biel tasted store bought.Special Features:
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Hi.... I have been to your restaurant before and loved it. This time however I was disappointed in a few things. The first thing is the main course arrived well before we were done the appetizer. The other issue is the steak was not cooked as requested.... Both were medium well when one should have been medium and the other medium rare. Other than that all was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prime rib is the bestMarkvvDined on 7/26/2014Prime Rib is the best out of the chain steakhouses and best I've ever had. The double chocolate brownie is very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 474 reviews are from the Canyon Creek - Vaughan reviews archive.
- Early Dining at Canyon CreekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014Our reservation was at 6:00PM and on a Monday; so it was nice and quiet with a few tables of diners only. The food and service was very goo as usual. We had the prime rib and was excellent.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service & FoodFoodieFamilyDined on 7/12/2014First impressions are important and our server Amanda gets an A+ for outstanding service. Pleasant, helpful and personable - she started our evening off right. The quality and taste of the food was exceptional. Strip loin and top sirloin steaks were delicious. The Dukkah Chicken and Quinoa Salad is excellent and is a great choice for anyone looking for a lighter healthy meal. I definitely will order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good but service slowLunchguyDined on 7/9/2014Staff was personable and food was very good. However it took almost 45 minutes to serve a simple steak salad and that rushed the lunch meeting I had as we both had to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovebugDined on 7/5/2014The food was okay...the service was okay...it wouldn't be my top pick next timeSpecial Features:
- New Favourite ResraurantMarliesDined on 7/1/2014Amazing experience, my boyfriend and I tried the steak and prime rib and it was incredible! The entire menu looked amazing, we will definitely be back again. I would highly recommend. The cocktail waitress that served us was very friendly and knowledgable about the menu and made excellent recommendations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect in every wayHomerpDined on 6/28/2014From start to finish the dining experience was perfect. Great server who actually listened when we asked her to pace our courses so we could eat at leisure. Food was outstanding and , only minor complaint was that asparagus was slightly tough on one plate. Too full for dessert but had coffee and tea and again the server heard and my latte was hot not lukewarm as most places usually deliver. We were entertaining guests from Australia and they were super impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Theo server was was friendly and attentive. We ordered steaks and they were flavourful, although not as tender as have had them before. Overall it was great place and we will go there again.Special Features:
- Late & GreatGreatExpectationsDined on 6/20/2014We went out as a group of four and we were treated to a nice evening with a perfect atmosphere for a enjoyable dinner. Server was excellent, attentive and assisted in making the selections right on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dessertdaniDined on 6/15/2014Best Banana Coconut CReam Pie ever. Excellent chicken dishes. Excellent kids menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteaksMichy1018Dined on 6/7/2014Our steaks were delicious, cooked exactly as we ordered them and extremely tasty.
- Great food, amazing serviceZaqaryrDined on 6/5/2014My girlfriend and I recently visited the restaurant and have nothing but good things to say about it! The atmosphere was great, upscale, fancy and a great night out. The food was absolutely amazing and exactly as we ordered; the drinks were great.. The price was right which was the cheery on top. I've left the service for last because I have to say it was amazing! (Food a close second)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak!SteakLoverDined on 5/30/2014Amazing steak & the service was excellent. Our first time to Canyon Creek and we'll definitely come back next time we're in town!Special Features:
- Prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014I have been to two locations and was very impressed as I always order the prime rib however on saturday I ordered the 8 oz prime rib and was very disappointed, seems like a slice of roast beef, it was so thin and did not taste like prime rib.Special Features:
- Great night out with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Loved the atmosphere and the no rush feeling at this location. We were chatting and having some drinks prior to ordering our meals and our server did not make us feel rushed. Food and atmosphere was great. Will be back for sure :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day dinnerfoodloverDined on 5/11/2014The dim lighting could have been avoided after all it was Mother's day not Valentine's Day - my mom had trouble reading the menu ;) Other than that, the waiter was attentive considering the busy evening. We were a group of 5 and the food came all at the same time which was nice so we could all enjoy the meal. Upper management had all "hands on deck" which was nice to see to ensure all the guests were taken care of. The food was very good. I would definitely go back for the steak. Overall, a very great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mothers day lunchEatsalotDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed mothers day lunch. Even a special menu for the occasion. Good food, friendly service. nice atmosphere. Washrooms needed some service but otherwise a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great ExperiencefoodieDined on 5/11/2014They may have been busy due to Mother's Day, but there is really no excuse for all of the following to go wrong in one lunch. After seating us at the wrong table after we've settled in and placed our orders, we were relocated to another table to accommodate a large group that was coming in. Once our meals came, they were set in front of the wrong person. I assume this is because we moved tables. The burger was missing the bacon that was ordered, the chicken dish was missing rice, and my salad had a large piece of plastic wrap tossed in it. At this point we were all completely turned off from the restaurant. However, the manager did come over to talk to us, and gave me a gift certificate, and my meal was complimentary. Perhaps we'll go back.
- Inattentive ServiceBoltonKevDined on 5/10/2014This was my most disappointing visit to Canyon Creek. Previously, the service was extremely good and attentive. This past Saturday was a departure from that. When we arrived 5 minutes late due to road closures, I was told hour reservation was cancelled as they apparently cancel after 15 minutes. When I said it had not been 15 minutes, the woman at the front told me we'd have to wait. We were served by at least 3 servers. My daughter and I ordered the bacon cheddar Canyon burger with no onion. My daughter's arrived with lots of onion! We both asked for ketchup, but the server never brought it. My daughter asked for a drink refill, but never got it. I hope this was an isolated occurrence as I had always been happy with the service.Special Features:
- Disappointed wth this locationejlpDined on 5/10/2014We went for a Mother's Day celebration. We were given the very first table in the middle of the walkway when entering into the restaurant. I asked to change to a booth and somewhere quieter, as it was next to a table with 8 kids. I was offered the booth just right besides the 1st table. I asked for another one, but was told all tables were reserved unless I wait. I didn't want my mom to wait, so I took the booth. There're at least 4 empty booths, and not filled until 45 mins later. We felt our request was not being considered. My husband ordered a medium rare prime rib, but a medium one came. He sent it back, he then got a medium rare but it was an end piece and the staff did not indicate as such, we felt as though we were being tricked.Special Features:
- Best Prime RibprimeribloverVIPDined on 5/10/2014The prime rib sandwich will spoil you. After trying it you may not ever order anything else off the menu. Highly recommended.Special Features: