Canyon Creek - Square One
299 Rathburn Rd. West
Mississauga, ON L5B 4C1Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Square One
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: (905) 279-3342
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; DINNER: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Comfort Food, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Canyon Creek - Square One
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Canyon Creek - Square One - Best Restaurants in Mississauga ›
Canyon Creek - Square One reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)good for groups (48)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (32)great for lunch (30)fit for foodies (29)notable wine list (25)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (14)great for outdoor dining (14)hot spot (12)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Perfectly cooked steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014Hubby & I had been off chain restaurants for a while as we used to live in downtown Toronto, & there's a LOT of choice there. As we live & work in the suburbs now, we hardly ever get out to the city. Thankfully there are some good options in Mississauga, and Canyon Creek is one of them. Recently we had dinner there & we both had the coffee-rubbed steak. I like my steaks medium rare & mine was done perfectly! Red in the centre & a nice sear on the outside. Hubby likes his medium, & it was done perfectly as well. This is a far cry from two different Keg locations (Niagara Falls & Heartland) we had visited where the steaks were overdone & the servers both told us it was because of the lighting. (Is this in the Keg's training manual?) The sides were good as well. Onion crisps & real mashed potatoes. I was also pleased to taste that my veggie side (carrots & green beans) were cooked from fresh & not frozen.....you can always tell from the texture. Service is attentive & better than other restaurants in the area. Best place for steaks in the Square One area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canyon Creek let me downsadinMississaugaDined on 11/22/2014We were here to celebrate a birthday. It was a busy Saturday night in November. The noise was so loud I couldn't here the conversation 2 seats away. A steak was way overcooked. A glass of low grade wine for $15 was an insult. The staff was pleasant but the wait for main course was ridiculous. Always had excellent meals in the past. What happened to you, Canyon Creek?
- Fantastic RestaurantCanyonCreekDined on 11/18/2014Canyon Creek never disappoints. We were there for a work dinner and the service was very attentive (thanks Kevin!) and the food is always fantastic. The bartender was making special martinis that weren't on the menu for a few people at our table so we really appreciated that special touch. The items on the menu aren't budget-friendly, but the quality of everything at Canyon Creek absolutely makes the cost justified! We'll continue to be happy return customers hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant,Great food,and Excellent service!LasodskyDined on 11/14/2014Had a great time with my wife and kids on my birthday treat. The atmosphere was serene and the food was 'Nulli Secundus' (second to null). My kids refused the kids' menu which was great as I had the opportunity to eat out of everyone's plates. Nearly impeccable customer service also. We plan on going back (without the kids) for a quiet romantic dinner pretty soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Food was great. LikeD the atmosphere. Service could have been better. Felt rushed to leave by the waitressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok overallOakieRFDined on 11/9/2014Nice enough place.....service was ok, atmosphere good, just felt the food ultimately wasn't worth what was charged for it. Steak & Lobster mash plate was ok, and yes, I know Lobster automatically jacks up the price, but $30 for an entrée with mashed potatoes, green beans (both super cheap to buy), a chewy steak (seasoned well, but too chewy), and the lobster on top of the mash. Seemed too high. My wife's pasta dish was ok on taste, but she felt we've been other places where she got the same amount on the plate for less $ or more on the plate for a similar price point. When you're trying to present as a bit more upscale than your Jack Astors or Milestones, etc., then you have to feel it was worth the price bump, and food-wise, don't think it was for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Rate ServicemyfavouritesspotDined on 11/5/2014always receive great service, from welcoming to departure. always a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed lunchFree3Dined on 11/3/2014Service was very good. Waitress was pleasant, respectful and attentive. Food was good. We shared tai wraps as an appetizer. Didn't realize it was do it yourself wrapping but it was good.. Would not have been what I would have chosen had I known in advance. Lunch chicken salad was very good. Would definitely recommend the restaurant for good food, service and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not the usual !FoodiegalVIPDined on 11/2/2014the service was great, but the food quality has gone down! I dont know if it was becuase we went there very late at 9:30pm; or what was the reason, but the quality and presentation of food was not too par and not what we expected... this is our fav rest and this last visit was not good at all !Special Features:
- Birthday Celebrationdiningguru4Dined on 11/1/2014It would be helpful if the Square 1 location have private rooms for large parties. The food is great but it was not the best location. We needed a private room and if this booking was not last minute, we would have gone to another location. We did try the location on Airport but it was booked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A go-to destination for good eatingSGL1Dined on 10/29/2014We go to Canyon Creek for the reliability, consistency, good service, and quality dining. We would almost consider Canyon Creek to be a "comfort food" restaurant for us in that we want to know that we will receive good service and consistent quality when dining out. Recommended.Special Features:
- Very good food/servicenancythepoetDined on 10/25/2014Very good food/service but noisy. If you want a quiet setting, this is not the place to be but everything else was very good. I'm starting to get tired of the chain restaurants, such as these, that are noisy. They pack them in with too many surrounding tables. Place the families on a separate side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceMissIssaugaDined on 10/21/2014I recently took some business partners for lunch at Canyon Creek and the service was great without being over bearing. We were served quickly yet were not rushed at all. The food was fabulous - no complaints!Special Features:
- Great serviceBlueRareDined on 10/19/2014My server and her trainee were both wonderful to deal with, and the food was perfect for me. The only problem was from my the food that my mom had ordered, she is very sensitive to spicy food. However, the waitress was very polite and professional when dealing with my mom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience all in all...BKasDined on 10/13/2014The atmosphere is nice and relaxing. We ordered panko chicken and prime ribs with mushrooms on the side. We're not big eaters and the servings are big, there's always 'take home' bag. My husband and I loved Canyon Creeks prime ribs, so juicy and tender. The wait staff were attentive. There was a party of maybe 10 with children so it was a little bit noisy for me but all in all, it was a pleasant evening. I'll always be back at CC SqO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragesadlydisappointedDined on 10/13/2014for the amount of money that was dropped on dinner for six, two of us were not happy with our steaks, drinks were okay. Our server did know her menu, and was very efficient. we are regulars to the different locations, somewhat expected better food quality.Special Features:
- Music didn't fit the placemooomoocowDined on 10/13/2014I usually love Canyon Creek and I've been to the one in Square One at least 4-5x. For some reason though, the last time we went, it wasn't busy that much and the music was so loud. The music didn't seem the ambiance, it sounded like music you would hear at Montana's or something. It just kinda didn't set the ambiance that I wanted... which I usually get at Canyon Creek.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchDesignABLEDined on 10/7/2014We took our president here for his birthday. It was great especially because it's fully accessible which is important because one of our staff uses a wheelchair.Special Features:
- nice placefoodiegirlDined on 10/5/2014I brought my BF to Canyon Creek for his birthday on a Sunday. It was a very nice atmosphere, the service was great and the food was very good. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/4/2014Everything was lovely especially the service. Unfortunately our guests could not hear us due to the loud noise level. We literally had to shout to be heard. Parking was an extreme issue as well. Perhaps just the wrong Friday night.Special Features:
- merk28Dined on 10/4/2014One of our diners is Celiac + has allergies to beef and chicken; therefore, her selections from the menu are limited. She particularly liked Canyon Creek because it had pork on its menu. We were very disappointed to find that this item had been removed from the menu. This left only the salmon as a viable choice. We are now looking for another restaurant that will cater to her allergies and has more than one menu option. Very disappointing since I believe we have dined at Canyon Creek 4 times this year and was always the spot to go whenever she was visiting from London, ON.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/3/2014Great service! Thank you for replacing my niece's meal at no charge.Special Features:
- BornAgainFoodieDined on 10/1/2014Our server was friendly and all her food suggestions were excellent. Great place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CanyonCreekDined on 9/29/2014Although the meal was good, it was dissapointing to see that there was no longer any lamb selections on the menu.Special Features:
- Usually great foodBerriAnaDined on 9/27/2014Usually great food but this time wasn't that good. The chocolate molten lava cake was basically frozen in the middle and I was looking forward to that prior to my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastichard2pleasemeDined on 9/26/2014I couldnt be more pleased with the staff , service and the food. I now consider it my number restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome lunch spotMiharDined on 9/22/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I will continue to return. The lunch sandwiches were amazing. Service was well-timed and friendly, and priced well.Special Features:
- noise causes lackluster service!!YummaliciousDined on 9/20/2014Tasty food! We never felt rushed and enjoyed the time with our friends. Because tables are so close together, our waiter appeared not to have heard my husbands order and brought the wrong meal. A correct meal was replaced; however because the wait was so long to replace the meal, my husband ate his meal well after all of us had finished ours. It also took the waiter a long time to understand our drink orders. The orders were not difficult - 3 lattes and 1 tea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A premium dining experience24theshowDined on 9/20/2014Once again a valued experience. The staff are exceptional and the food is great. This was my third visit and you are still at the top of my list for places to go for dinner.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereGr8organzaDined on 9/18/2014Everytime I eat here, it's a great experience. The food is lovely, the staff are nice/friendly and the vibe is romantic/chill. Great place for a romantic dinner or business meeting overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable visit!MichaelDined on 9/15/2014Really enjoyed their Peppercorn Steak. It was actually peppercorn crusted, unlike some other peppercorn steaks I've had elsewhere. I was quite pleased with the quality of food on this visit, and the hostess was especially friendly and pleasant. She warned us that the main dining room had a large group in it and that the noise level might be a little high, but we stay in the dining room regardless (rather than the bar area) and the noise was fine. I like the atmosphere at this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- generic review titlegenericuserDined on 9/15/2014This location provided an excellent dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favourite!gpeallDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant offers a great menu, excellent food and service! Its our favourite for celebrating special events because its 100% reliable with food quality and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchLawMCLDined on 9/10/2014suitable for business lunch steak salad was OK service was good
- Good steak house in MississaugabebitongVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love food and we enjoy steak across GTA, and we often visit Canyon Creek for its relaxing atmosphere and good quality food. The quality is consistent and service is always friendly. We sat at dining room this time, we had lobster guacamole and the parkaro chicken as appetizers. The portion is always generous and basically, we were almost full even before our entrees were served! My husband had a sirloin steak and it was cooked right to medium rare which he had requested! Awesome! My burger was good. Overall, it is not the cheapest restaurant in Mississauga but sure deliver consistently good steak in the neigborhood.Special Features:
- New menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014Great place to eat! Wide variety of menu choices. Been almost a year since we had been there and the menu was much more simplified. thank you!Special Features:
- trish000Dined on 8/26/2014We had notified the restauraunt that we were there to celebrate my boyfriends 27th birthday there were 12 of us at our table that night and there was only one waitress to serve all 12 of us and she didnt look like she was happy to be at her job. I even made several jokes and she didnt seem to care to laugh. She took a long time to get drinks to the table and didn't bring out bread and honey butter until our apps were on the table. She never bothered to ask us if we wanted more bread, she simply cleared the table and let us wait 30+ minus for our main courses. The staff never bothered to sing happy birthday to my boyfriend either or bring him out dessert. Even though the food is good, having a server with a poor attitude ruins everything.Special Features:
- Always a great Steak!1FoodieFanaticDined on 8/23/2014We have been coming to sq1 Canyon Creek for years- even got engaged here! Never a bad meal. Every time we come it is always a great steak! We have celebrated quite a few occasions here and they always make you feel special. Great service, nice ambiance and best steakhouse! Only downside is The smoking on the patio while you eat - Really a turn off! They make an excellent mojito. Canyon Creek is a great location and excellent for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just an awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We keep on going back and they never let us down! No doubt we will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfactionLovequietdiningDined on 8/17/2014We have eaten at this location and the Front street location on many occasions. The food and service keep bringing us back. The only surprise was the lack of a children's menu at the Front street location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.