Canyon Creek - Square One
299 Rathburn Rd. West
Mississauga, ON L5B 4C1Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Square One
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 9052793342x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; DINNER: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Comfort Food, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Canyon Creek - Square One
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Canyon Creek - Square One - Best Restaurants in Mississauga ›
Canyon Creek - Square One reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)good for groups (34)romantic (24)great for lunch (22)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (15)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (11)late-night find (9)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We had notified the restauraunt that we were there to celebrate my boyfriends 27th birthday there were 12 of us at our table that night and there was only one waitress to serve all 12 of us and she didnt look like she was happy to be at her job. I even made several jokes and she didnt seem to care to laugh. She took a long time to get drinks to the table and didn't bring out bread and honey butter until our apps were on the table. She never bothered to ask us if we wanted more bread, she simply cleared the table and let us wait 30+ minus for our main courses. The staff never bothered to sing happy birthday to my boyfriend either or bring him out dessert. Even though the food is good, having a server with a poor attitude ruins everything.Special Features:
- Always a great Steak!1FoodieFanaticDined on 8/23/2014We have been coming to sq1 Canyon Creek for years- even got engaged here! Never a bad meal. Every time we come it is always a great steak! We have celebrated quite a few occasions here and they always make you feel special. Great service, nice ambiance and best steakhouse! Only downside is The smoking on the patio while you eat - Really a turn off! They make an excellent mojito. Canyon Creek is a great location and excellent for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just an awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We keep on going back and they never let us down! No doubt we will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfactionLovequietdiningDined on 8/17/2014We have eaten at this location and the Front street location on many occasions. The food and service keep bringing us back. The only surprise was the lack of a children's menu at the Front street location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canyon Creek Sq OneSR77VIPDined on 8/16/2014We regularly have visited this Canyon Creek location. It is one of our favourite restaurants with consistently high quality delicious food, exemplary customer service and friendly & professional staff. A great place for a romantic dinner or a get-together with friends. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLovetoDineVIPDined on 8/16/2014I went to Canyon Creek with 4 of my girlfriends for a night out. We made a reservation in advance for a table of 5 they only had one table avialable to accomodate us by the kitchen (which was fine). Devon our waitress was amazing. However the staff assisting brought us the wrong food twice. They when our actually order came the split my order with the one of my friends. They fixed the order and Devon gave me the option of re-ordering my dish. I had waited enough so I don't the burger (cut in half) with a salad (only 1 salad dressing available). They burger was cold. My friends ribs were burnt. The manager came over & offered us 2 comp desserts which were wonderful. Overall (other then devon & the manager) my experience was awful.
- Happy AnniversaryPanchoDined on 8/15/2014I came to celebrate my wedding anniversary and I have a great time, the service was great the wine recommended was perfect for the occasion and the food was fantastic. I was at the end very happy and my wife was very impress, it was our first time in this restaurant and I knew my wife want to come here for a long time, so I surprised her. She was very happy. Thank you for making our 44th wedding anniversary very memorable and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice steakhousemickieDined on 8/8/2014A very good experience overall. Steak was cooked to perfection with excellent crispy fries. Juicy burger with tasty mash potatoes. The chicken burger was a bit overcooked so the crust was a very dark brown.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationdessertnexttimeDined on 8/7/2014Returned to Canyon Creek after some time had passed from a previously enjoyed evening meal. This time we had attentive service from the time we walked in the front door until we finished our dine as well. Cole, our server, brought warm bread with honey butter, which was enjoyed while waiting for our entrees. We both ordered the cedar plank salmon, basmati rice and vegetables. with a glass of wine. Food was delivered hot and nicely plated. I know Canyon Creek has mostly steak selections on it's menu, but pasta, chicken and seafood choices were equally tempting. Dining at Canyon Creek remains my favorite restaurant to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014we had agreat dinner. my parents are 92 and they very nicely put us near door in a booth as requested. thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMMSDined on 7/27/2014Tried some different dishes and enjoyed these ...Asian Nachos are deliciousSpecial Features:
- My favourite local steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014I enjoy going to Canyon Creek to try the different steak preparations on the menu. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Nice dinnersharoceeDined on 7/26/2014We went for my husband's 72 birthday. We had a reservation but it was not busy anyway. m As we have done at many restaurants, we told the server that we were not in any hurry. She actually listened and we had a great unhurried dinner. The food was very good and cooked to the doneness we requested. The server, Megan, was friendly and helpful. She really made the evening enjoyable. The only little complaint I have is that ther meal came without vegetables which is odd.But the food was plentiful and tasty. Great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMMSDined on 7/23/2014all good ...food just right for what we wished that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/22/2014Not busy but extremely slow service. Have had good experiences at this restaurant at this location and others before, but for dinner. This was lunch and I was not impressed. Not recommended.
- Canyon CreekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014Amazing food and great service... Asian Nachos are a must try!Special Features:
- Enjoyed our mealbrandcVIPDined on 7/15/2014We dine here regularly and find the food and service reliable. Had my usual dukkah-crusted chicken & quinoa salad which was good but I think had less of the flavouring on the chicken than usual. Hubby enjoyed his usual salmon and veg. It would be nice if there was more than just one type of vegetable (this time it was asparagus). Kristen provided excellent, friendly service. Patio was a nice place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Date NightsvitaliciousDined on 7/4/2014Service was pretty great, had Kaleigh serving us. Food was delicious as always, however by the time I go through half of my steak I realized it was done a little too rare for my liking (ordered medium rare). Will definitely return for our next night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014We have ordered Canyon Dip, Sirloin Steak, New York Steak, Cedar Salmon, Every thing is perfect. The coconut cream pie was a wonderful ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burgers EVERBoopoopadoopDined on 6/24/2014Since I tried their burger, now I always seem to have their burger when I go here. It is So good. The smoky bacon and cheese together with the moist juicy burger is a symphony in the mouth with every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchStaciDined on 6/24/2014Great service? Great food, good for business meeting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/23/2014Ordered the new york strip. It was quicked perfectly but was very tough. Definitely not a triple A cut of meat. I will probably go back to the restaurant but will not waste money on the steak again. My dad ordered the prime rib. It was also cooked perfectly but was not prime rib. It actually appeared like a cut of roast beef not prime rib.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014Live close by, but haven't been in years. This was a pleasant surprise! There were 9 of us celebrating my husband's birthday and he chose the restaurant. Food was EXCELLENT! We all ordered something different and everybody REALLY liked what they had. Service was a tad slow getting started, but turned out just fine once we ordered and received our drinks and food. Server was friendly, patient and very accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- easygoingDined on 6/17/2014We had dinner and the food was very good. The service started out well with attentive waiters/waitresses but the wait became considerable once we were ready to order coffee/dessert. The coffee and dessert then took a very long time to come; perhaps 15-20 minutes. When we were ready to pay, again our waitress was no where in site and we waited a considerable period of time to pay. All in all a good experience but we did feel a little neglected during the latter part of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place 4 before theater dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2014Great place with better food. Our Waitress understood our urgency to go to the theater and made sure we had a great experience with time for coffee and desserts AND time to spare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedUnhappyDined on 6/14/2014I booked a table for Father's day. My Father, who is type 1 diabetic.... asked for the nutritional information for the menu. They could not provide one. The manager came out to the table and told us to look it up online.... which there is nothing online. He took his units and ended up with extremely high sugar because the menu did NOT specify exactly what was on his burger.. making his "guesstimate" extremely incorrect. We had to take him to the hospital. Myself, I asked for something that was gluten free as I am Celiac... I ended up with the "Beer Butter Pickerel" as per the menu. Which was actually "Beer BATTERED Pickerel"... battered with GLUTEN. I will never ever be going back to this place.
- LaurieImBubbyDined on 6/11/2014We have never been disappointed with our dining experience at Canyon Creek. The food is always great. We both had Steak and Lobster Mash. Our server was very attentive. We were celebrating our anniversary and they made us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicewillreturnDined on 6/10/2014I came here with my parents for a celebratory lunch before my graduation ceremony. With my mother being a foodie I knew I had to find something great and Canyon Creek did not disappoint! We were in a bit of a rush and our waitress was highly accommodating. She ensured our food was prepared quickly and she was a top notch waitress. My mom couldn't stop raving about how good her food was and my dad and I both also thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Great dining experience overall!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceBeautifulD1434Dined on 6/7/2014Enjoyed the service, food was wonderful, restaurant design is great and intimate enough for date. I will def. dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I did not expect such a diverse and well priced menu from a chop house. I took my mother for mother's day and every meal at the table was delicious! I will definitely be returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodieKDined on 5/10/2014Always a great experience at Canyon Creek! Great food, great staff. Have never had a bad experience!Special Features:
- Mother's Day specialedsyk2Dined on 5/10/2014Attended Mother's Day special dinner, steak and lobster with Hollandaise sauce and choice of salads and deserts. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the Hollandaise sauce was very good. Portions were just right and the potato and asparagus were a good match. Salads were nicely done and fresh. Dessert choices were well thought out and diverse enough to offer choice. The service is always very good at all of the locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NO REASON TO DRIVE FARsleuthDined on 5/2/2014I DINED TWICE IN TWO WEEKS AT THE CANYON. AN INVITING PLACE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 810 reviews are from the Canyon Creek - Square One reviews archive.
- SherichieDined on 4/26/2014Food was great. Very accommodating with substitutions. Their butter alone is enough to make me go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MichaelDined on 4/25/2014Carolina's service remains top-notch and unparalleled!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014It came time for my brother and I to treat our mother to a special Birthday dinner. She had exclaimed to me that she hasn't had a really good steak dinner in quite some time, and that a trip to Canyon Creek would be appropriate. When we arrived we were greeted warmly and sat immediately (due to the reservation I suppose), but it was a pleasant start to the night nonetheless. Our server (whose name I regrettably have forgotten) was incredibly warm, accommodating, knowledgeable, and served us with a friendly smile the entire evening. When we received our food, it was in a timely fashion, and each plate looked nicely presented. The food itself was outstanding, cooked to our specifications. I would definitely recommend Canyon Creek to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/22/2014Tried the new dishes Fish with Bacon sauce and the Fish Tacos. Both dishes were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicebelindaDined on 4/21/2014When we took dinner,the waitress greeting is fair.she just came n asked what kind of food to order. Never asked or checked our table need to add more water. We hv to wait for long time she back to our table.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood Canyon CreekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014We like dining here because it is very relaxed and the service and food is good. Because we are seniors it is very convenient that we can walk to the Restaurant in the good weather. Would like to see mussels and some small simple choices to be brought back to the menu (e.g. quesidillas)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time - but not the Last TimetastyappsDined on 4/18/2014extremely kind hostesses - opening the doors for me (using a walker) coming in and leaving........attentive, knowledgeable, waiter, efficient service with lots of wait staff, all being speedy and professional. We don't eat out in higher end restaurants very often, but it was my birthday and I had wanted to try it out for dinner. I put Canyon Creek on the same level as the KEG ...BUT with a much more rounded menu.......The new drink Moscow Mule was excellent.......I also tried the new avocado & tomato salad - excellent flavor and a nice serving.......warm loaf and honey/butter very tasty.......its wonderful to get a complimentary appetizer. We will come again, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.