Canyon Creek - Square One
299 Rathburn Rd. West
Mississauga, ON L5B 4C1Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Square One
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 9052793342x
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; DINNER: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Comfort Food, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Canyon Creek - Square One
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Canyon Creek - Square One - Best Restaurants in Mississauga ›
Canyon Creek - Square One reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)good for groups (42)romantic (36)great for lunch (29)neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (28)notable wine list (23)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (11)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great experience all in all...BKasDined on 10/13/2014The atmosphere is nice and relaxing. We ordered panko chicken and prime ribs with mushrooms on the side. We're not big eaters and the servings are big, there's always 'take home' bag. My husband and I loved Canyon Creeks prime ribs, so juicy and tender. The wait staff were attentive. There was a party of maybe 10 with children so it was a little bit noisy for me but all in all, it was a pleasant evening. I'll always be back at CC SqO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AveragesadlydisappointedDined on 10/13/2014for the amount of money that was dropped on dinner for six, two of us were not happy with our steaks, drinks were okay. Our server did know her menu, and was very efficient. we are regulars to the different locations, somewhat expected better food quality.Special Features:
- Music didn't fit the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I usually love Canyon Creek and I've been to the one in Square One at least 4-5x. For some reason though, the last time we went, it wasn't busy that much and the music was so loud. The music didn't seem the ambiance, it sounded like music you would hear at Montana's or something. It just kinda didn't set the ambiance that I wanted... which I usually get at Canyon Creek.Special Features:
- Birthday lunchDesignABLEDined on 10/7/2014We took our president here for his birthday. It was great especially because it's fully accessible which is important because one of our staff uses a wheelchair.Special Features:
- nice placefoodiegirlDined on 10/5/2014I brought my BF to Canyon Creek for his birthday on a Sunday. It was a very nice atmosphere, the service was great and the food was very good. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/4/2014Everything was lovely especially the service. Unfortunately our guests could not hear us due to the loud noise level. We literally had to shout to be heard. Parking was an extreme issue as well. Perhaps just the wrong Friday night.Special Features:
- merk28Dined on 10/4/2014One of our diners is Celiac + has allergies to beef and chicken; therefore, her selections from the menu are limited. She particularly liked Canyon Creek because it had pork on its menu. We were very disappointed to find that this item had been removed from the menu. This left only the salmon as a viable choice. We are now looking for another restaurant that will cater to her allergies and has more than one menu option. Very disappointing since I believe we have dined at Canyon Creek 4 times this year and was always the spot to go whenever she was visiting from London, ON.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/3/2014Great service! Thank you for replacing my niece's meal at no charge.Special Features:
- BornAgainFoodieDined on 10/1/2014Our server was friendly and all her food suggestions were excellent. Great place for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CanyonCreekDined on 9/29/2014Although the meal was good, it was dissapointing to see that there was no longer any lamb selections on the menu.Special Features:
- Usually great foodBerriAnaDined on 9/27/2014Usually great food but this time wasn't that good. The chocolate molten lava cake was basically frozen in the middle and I was looking forward to that prior to my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastichard2pleasemeDined on 9/26/2014I couldnt be more pleased with the staff , service and the food. I now consider it my number restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome lunch spotMiharDined on 9/22/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I will continue to return. The lunch sandwiches were amazing. Service was well-timed and friendly, and priced well.Special Features:
- noise causes lackluster service!!YummaliciousDined on 9/20/2014Tasty food! We never felt rushed and enjoyed the time with our friends. Because tables are so close together, our waiter appeared not to have heard my husbands order and brought the wrong meal. A correct meal was replaced; however because the wait was so long to replace the meal, my husband ate his meal well after all of us had finished ours. It also took the waiter a long time to understand our drink orders. The orders were not difficult - 3 lattes and 1 tea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A premium dining experience24theshowDined on 9/20/2014Once again a valued experience. The staff are exceptional and the food is great. This was my third visit and you are still at the top of my list for places to go for dinner.Special Features:
- Great AtmosphereGr8organzaDined on 9/18/2014Everytime I eat here, it's a great experience. The food is lovely, the staff are nice/friendly and the vibe is romantic/chill. Great place for a romantic dinner or business meeting overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An enjoyable visit!MichaelDined on 9/15/2014Really enjoyed their Peppercorn Steak. It was actually peppercorn crusted, unlike some other peppercorn steaks I've had elsewhere. I was quite pleased with the quality of food on this visit, and the hostess was especially friendly and pleasant. She warned us that the main dining room had a large group in it and that the noise level might be a little high, but we stay in the dining room regardless (rather than the bar area) and the noise was fine. I like the atmosphere at this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- generic review titlegenericuserDined on 9/15/2014This location provided an excellent dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favourite!gpeallDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant offers a great menu, excellent food and service! Its our favourite for celebrating special events because its 100% reliable with food quality and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- business lunchLawMCLDined on 9/10/2014suitable for business lunch steak salad was OK service was good
- Good steak house in MississaugabebitongVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love food and we enjoy steak across GTA, and we often visit Canyon Creek for its relaxing atmosphere and good quality food. The quality is consistent and service is always friendly. We sat at dining room this time, we had lobster guacamole and the parkaro chicken as appetizers. The portion is always generous and basically, we were almost full even before our entrees were served! My husband had a sirloin steak and it was cooked right to medium rare which he had requested! Awesome! My burger was good. Overall, it is not the cheapest restaurant in Mississauga but sure deliver consistently good steak in the neigborhood.Special Features:
- New menuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014Great place to eat! Wide variety of menu choices. Been almost a year since we had been there and the menu was much more simplified. thank you!Special Features:
- trish000Dined on 8/26/2014We had notified the restauraunt that we were there to celebrate my boyfriends 27th birthday there were 12 of us at our table that night and there was only one waitress to serve all 12 of us and she didnt look like she was happy to be at her job. I even made several jokes and she didnt seem to care to laugh. She took a long time to get drinks to the table and didn't bring out bread and honey butter until our apps were on the table. She never bothered to ask us if we wanted more bread, she simply cleared the table and let us wait 30+ minus for our main courses. The staff never bothered to sing happy birthday to my boyfriend either or bring him out dessert. Even though the food is good, having a server with a poor attitude ruins everything.Special Features:
- Always a great Steak!1FoodieFanaticDined on 8/23/2014We have been coming to sq1 Canyon Creek for years- even got engaged here! Never a bad meal. Every time we come it is always a great steak! We have celebrated quite a few occasions here and they always make you feel special. Great service, nice ambiance and best steakhouse! Only downside is The smoking on the patio while you eat - Really a turn off! They make an excellent mojito. Canyon Creek is a great location and excellent for date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just an awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014We keep on going back and they never let us down! No doubt we will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfactionLovequietdiningDined on 8/17/2014We have eaten at this location and the Front street location on many occasions. The food and service keep bringing us back. The only surprise was the lack of a children's menu at the Front street location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canyon Creek Sq OneSR77VIPDined on 8/16/2014We regularly have visited this Canyon Creek location. It is one of our favourite restaurants with consistently high quality delicious food, exemplary customer service and friendly & professional staff. A great place for a romantic dinner or a get-together with friends. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLovetoDineVIPDined on 8/16/2014I went to Canyon Creek with 4 of my girlfriends for a night out. We made a reservation in advance for a table of 5 they only had one table avialable to accomodate us by the kitchen (which was fine). Devon our waitress was amazing. However the staff assisting brought us the wrong food twice. They when our actually order came the split my order with the one of my friends. They fixed the order and Devon gave me the option of re-ordering my dish. I had waited enough so I don't the burger (cut in half) with a salad (only 1 salad dressing available). They burger was cold. My friends ribs were burnt. The manager came over & offered us 2 comp desserts which were wonderful. Overall (other then devon & the manager) my experience was awful.
- Happy AnniversaryPanchoDined on 8/15/2014I came to celebrate my wedding anniversary and I have a great time, the service was great the wine recommended was perfect for the occasion and the food was fantastic. I was at the end very happy and my wife was very impress, it was our first time in this restaurant and I knew my wife want to come here for a long time, so I surprised her. She was very happy. Thank you for making our 44th wedding anniversary very memorable and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice steakhousemickieDined on 8/8/2014A very good experience overall. Steak was cooked to perfection with excellent crispy fries. Juicy burger with tasty mash potatoes. The chicken burger was a bit overcooked so the crust was a very dark brown.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationdessertnexttimeDined on 8/7/2014Returned to Canyon Creek after some time had passed from a previously enjoyed evening meal. This time we had attentive service from the time we walked in the front door until we finished our dine as well. Cole, our server, brought warm bread with honey butter, which was enjoyed while waiting for our entrees. We both ordered the cedar plank salmon, basmati rice and vegetables. with a glass of wine. Food was delivered hot and nicely plated. I know Canyon Creek has mostly steak selections on it's menu, but pasta, chicken and seafood choices were equally tempting. Dining at Canyon Creek remains my favorite restaurant to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014we had agreat dinner. my parents are 92 and they very nicely put us near door in a booth as requested. thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMMSDined on 7/27/2014Tried some different dishes and enjoyed these ...Asian Nachos are deliciousSpecial Features:
- My favourite local steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014I enjoy going to Canyon Creek to try the different steak preparations on the menu. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Nice dinnersharoceeDined on 7/26/2014We went for my husband's 72 birthday. We had a reservation but it was not busy anyway. m As we have done at many restaurants, we told the server that we were not in any hurry. She actually listened and we had a great unhurried dinner. The food was very good and cooked to the doneness we requested. The server, Megan, was friendly and helpful. She really made the evening enjoyable. The only little complaint I have is that ther meal came without vegetables which is odd.But the food was plentiful and tasty. Great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMMSDined on 7/23/2014all good ...food just right for what we wished that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/22/2014Not busy but extremely slow service. Have had good experiences at this restaurant at this location and others before, but for dinner. This was lunch and I was not impressed. Not recommended.
- Canyon CreekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2014Amazing food and great service... Asian Nachos are a must try!Special Features:
- Enjoyed our mealbrandcVIPDined on 7/15/2014We dine here regularly and find the food and service reliable. Had my usual dukkah-crusted chicken & quinoa salad which was good but I think had less of the flavouring on the chicken than usual. Hubby enjoyed his usual salmon and veg. It would be nice if there was more than just one type of vegetable (this time it was asparagus). Kristen provided excellent, friendly service. Patio was a nice place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Date NightsvitaliciousDined on 7/4/2014Service was pretty great, had Kaleigh serving us. Food was delicious as always, however by the time I go through half of my steak I realized it was done a little too rare for my liking (ordered medium rare). Will definitely return for our next night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.