Canyon Creek - Sherway Gardens
1900 The Queensway
Etobicoke, ON M9C 5H5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Sherway Gardens
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4166216255x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11:30am-11:00pm; Tuesday - Sunday 11:30am-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We are pleased to arrange any special event on your behalf. We specialize in Birthday Parites, Christenings, Cocktail Parties and Business Meetings. We provide a wide array of set menus to suit every taste and budget.
A word from Canyon Creek - Sherway Gardens
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Canyon Creek - Sherway Gardens reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (41)special occasion (38)great for lunch (27)great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (14)romantic (13)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Variety is nice.enjoyablebyall3Dined on 9/13/2014A nice variety of food items to choose from. Excellent staff, efficient and welcoming.Special Features:
- mandrDined on 9/3/2014Food was very good, service was excellent. A great place for lunch. Will return for more lunchesSpecial Features:
- QuietanonDined on 8/25/2014We like getting a table at the back where the noise level is generally lower. Food selection is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerBouBouDined on 8/23/2014We had a great anniversary dinner. The food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We were 5 people for my son's birthday. It was fun. Our waiter was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food and ambiancemisskarmenDined on 8/20/2014The salmon did not have any flavour and did not meet my expectations in terms of value. The service was good, but not amazing. Our waitress did not seem very knowledgeable about the menu items when questioned. The ambiance was not as romantic as I had expected. The lighting was still relatively bright and the noise level was higher than I would have preferred.Special Features:
- Pick the right night to gonotafoodcriticDined on 8/18/2014I have found that on a Monday or Tuesday the food is noticeably less well prepared. I also think the staffing is maybe the B-Team. I usually love the food for the price. But we have always gone on a Friday or Saturday. I wonder if the staff is simply better on the busier nights. Too bad if that is the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrancoAmericanDined on 8/15/2014No real value for the money. Factory food. As for service, they must have a high churn in servers as they were all confused.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Food was great..ribs were fall off the bone tender! Service was good. We were near a large party, so quiet conversation was difficultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ServerBirthdaygirl2014Dined on 8/12/2014Our server must have overheard me talking about receiving an orange for my birthday instead of a cupcake. When it he brought out our desert he also brought out an orange with a sparkler in it. He definitely went above and beyond to make this a memorable evening! I think the birthday orange might be a new tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryBob2dayDined on 8/9/2014We were celebrating our anniversary. The food was excellent. Service was great. Have often recommended Canyon Creek in the past to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantVicuskaDined on 8/4/2014We are always returning to Canyon Creek. We enjoy the good food and the new items on the menu keep it fresh. The last experience was one of the best. The food was great and the service was excellent. We always go there when we have guests we want to treat to a good meal or when we have celebrations with friends and we have never been disappointed. All loved the place. I even treated friends from Europe who said there is no Canadian food. We choose all items from the menu that was Canadian ( the beef, the mushrooms, the salads and some other things) and I have managed to convince them the Canadian food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!JsjakerDined on 8/3/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Canyon Creek Sherway. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it. The waitress was especially nice - professional and helpful at all times. When she found out it was one of our party's birthday, she brought a complimentary dessert to him without our asking. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good meal in a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:
- Coconut Banana Cream Pie!Danny2DineDined on 8/2/2014Overall a great experience. The coconut banana cream pie was so good! Avocado bacon salad was very enjoyable and the perfect portion size for an appetizer (ask for extra blue cheese if that's your thing). Steak was served Chicago style just like I asked. Wine prices are very reasonable. Definitely recommend for a great meal for a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner For DannyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I took my husband Danny to Canyon Creek Sherway for his birthday. I made reservationa stating that it was his birthday. My husbands bithday was never mentioned, he never received his dessert for free as this is usualy what happens. We had to ask for water several times.My husbands main course primerib was cooked as ordered but presentation was poor only 4 asparagus speris and the primerib were on the plate. We frequently dine at this location and know the quality of food and service, this time we were very disapointed. We will rethink our next visit. Thank You Danny and Donna
- Great food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014The staff here understand the meaning of hospitality.Special Features:
- The Lobster Mash Place in EtobicokeemabellaDined on 7/27/2014My friend and I enjoyed our birthdays celebration with steak and lobster mash, salad and calamari for appetizer. The hot multi-grain bread with sweet butter was delectable. For sure, we will be back.Special Features:
- dependable dining experiencesatisfiedDined on 7/26/2014Been here many times. The SHERWAY GARDENS location is very consistent with their food,service, and overall experience. Always a pleasure to go for a great meal and pricing is right on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad4dluvoffoodDined on 7/25/2014The good was ok and the chocolate molten cake I ordered was burnt but got it replaced. It is not my favorite dessert there though. Lots of group dining and the place was loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday bashreviewfromscarboroughDined on 7/25/2014I booked a birthday party at your restaurant last Friday. I had two special requests - 1 to bring a bottle of wine from my parents to the table and another for them to serve a cake. Because you don't serve whole cakes you graciously offered to let me bring in my own cake which you then cut and served at dessert time. I thought this was absolutely awesome service. Our waitresses were also very attentive and took great care of our party. The food was superb. Thank you ever so much for making this such an enjoyable evening for all of us.Special Features:
- JaniceCDined on 7/15/2014The food was great, the wine list is excellent, the service was very good.Special Features:
- Great steak but slow serviceDiMerDined on 7/10/2014We (group of 7) went to Canyon Creek-Sherway for a special occasion. We ordered wine, appetizers and a main (steak in most cases). The mains and wine took really long to get to our table. It wasn't too busy, that's why this seemed odd. I know food preparation takes time (especially steak) but this was a little excessive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/6/2014Always a favourite restaurant with our family. Classic menu options still available. Nice new menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerinseelemDined on 7/4/2014You are always guaranteed a good meal at Canyon Creek, steak options are great with options to change the size of steaks for smaller portions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014very good restaurant - we go to canyon creek approx every 8 weeks. the only disappointment was the removal of the meatloaf from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014everytime I go to Canyon Creek the food is amazing thank you very much and I'll be coming back very very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotYassieDined on 6/11/2014Service was great and the place was bustling however my salmon was over cooked. The salad part was good though. Everything else was good. My guest seemed to enjoy the ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak was on the moneysatisfiedDined on 6/6/2014Asked for medium rare... Totally got medium rare. This location is very consistent with their quality and cooking. You know exactly what you are getting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sirloin steak saladDreamgirlDined on 6/5/2014I've been to canyon creek several times but can never get up the courage to order anything other than the amazing sirloin steak salad it is the best salad I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- borntoeatDined on 5/29/2014No visit to Toronto would suffice without at least one meal at a Canyon Creek restaurant . Right from the time you enter until you leave you are made to feel you are not only wanted but your visit also made the servers day .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canyon Creek SherwayfamilyniteoutDined on 5/27/2014We went to celebrate a wedding anniversary. The service was super. Our waiter Craig was very attentive to our grandchildren's needs, served us promptly, made great menu selections for us and served us with humor and special attention to little details. The food was great and appealed to all ages in the group from 8 to 70. We had nothing but good things to say about Craig and Canyon Creek when we left. The steaks and presentation were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for BusinessEpicuredelightDined on 5/27/2014My first time at Canyon Creek and I enjoyed the overall experience. Hostess was pleasant and gave me a choice of a table or booth. Menu is easy to read and has something for almost anyone, including vegetarian options. This is not a typical steakhouse like the Keg, the menu has more appetizers and a good variety of different dishes. The waiter was very attentive and provided excellent service, bringing refills for drinks without asking. One person in our party requested med rare steak in her salad and it came out a little more cooked. The waiter offered to take it back but she refused. When he dropped the bill he informed us he had removed it because it was overcooked. Now that is service.Special Features:
- for good waiter so sohmmmmDined on 5/24/2014for was good, my rum and coke seems less potent than most that I have had. Waiter wasn't very attentive - never checked in but friendly when he finally showed up to grab our platesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 645 reviews are from the Canyon Creek - Sherway Gardens reviews archive.
- Winterlicious14Dined on 5/18/2014I haven't been to Canyon Creek for over a year and the food is as good as ever. My cocktail drink (cape cod) had too much ice and not enough of alcohol and juice. The warm multi grain bread is one of my favourites. The appetizers came out quickly. The potato bacon soup is as delicious as I remember. Had the prime rib and it did not disappoint. It would be even better if it came with some vegetables as well as one side. The server was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or miss4dluvoffoodDined on 5/18/2014My husband and I had the canyon creek burger, but there wasn't anything special to it. Service is hit or miss. Our server was just ok, I find he was a bit slow and the restaurant wasn't busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time - not disappointedjowonaDined on 5/16/2014This was our first time at Canyon Creek. My wife and I were really impressed with our server (Chris) and with the meal (top sirloin & prime rib).We will definitely return ... we were not disappointed with our experience or the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger lunch, salad and dessertdonthavetocookDined on 5/15/2014My friend and I enjoyed the unrushed but attentive service. Food was well cooked and nicely presented. The coconut cream pie in a dish was delicious. The salted crust crème brule was too salty for me and I couldn't finish it.Special Features:
- ParmalatCanyoncreekDined on 5/12/2014We had a very good time and were totally satisfied -- we will come again for sure. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Staff was very accommodating about reservations. We enjoyed our dinner as we were attended to with courtesy and good hospitality. Food was very good. We will surely be back and will recommend friends about Canyon Creek.Special Features:
- Table was half hour lateDiversionsGTAVIPDined on 5/11/2014Despite making an Open Table reservation for 6:30 we were not seated until 7pm . I understand it was Mother's Day but it is important for CC Sherway to understand how irritating that is for thier regular customers. This is not the first time this has happened to us and leads to believe that they need to overhaul their seating systems. Otherwise the meal was outstanding and service was excellent.Special Features: