Canyon Creek - Sherway Gardens
1900 The Queensway
Etobicoke, ON M9C 5H5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Sherway Gardens
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: (416) 621-6255
- Hours of Operation:
Monday 11:30am-11:00pm; Tuesday - Sunday 11:30am-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We are pleased to arrange any special event on your behalf. We specialize in Birthday Parites, Christenings, Cocktail Parties and Business Meetings. We provide a wide array of set menus to suit every taste and budget.
A word from Canyon Creek - Sherway Gardens
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Canyon Creek - Sherway Gardens reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (47)special occasion (41)great for lunch (30)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (14)notable wine list (12)romantic (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014While the quality of the food and the preparation was quite good the selection of items for Gluten free was lacking. So many other restaurants have many more options. Gluten free pasta is not a hard item to handle, sauces need not have wheat as thickeners . Wait staff were patient and helpful in selecting menu items that met our requirements but for there to be only a few entrees was surprising these days. Look forward to returning when there are more choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014Went here on a Saturday for dinner, it was busy but the service was fast. Make sure you have a reservation and if it just two, try and get a booth. Food is always great !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BizlunchmanDined on 11/6/2014Overall experience was very good, h'ever takes too long for service staff to deliver check for payment. I've been to Canyon Creek several times and this has alwasy been the issue. Have to chase down service staff on this matter.Special Features:
- Great place for our Family/FriendsKitsDined on 10/30/2014My friends loved the food selection and wine list. The hot grain bread was a hit with everyone e and of course with their food order. The noise level was high ! We will definitely visit again and again. The staff and servers were very courteous and prompt. Of course there is always room for improvement ! A small delay getting a second warm bread during our meal. Overall a great experience and very delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canyon Creek - Sherwaylindylouwho57Dined on 10/25/2014- dine here frequently - usually for a special occasion - meals are pricy - steak was good; chicken was excellent - moderately priced bottle of Australian wine went well with mealSpecial Features:
- HTBHDined on 10/24/2014This is a great place to go for exceptional food and service that you can rely on. I only hear good things from friends that have eaten there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very professional serviceCalvinDined on 10/18/2014I made a reservation for 7:30 pm and was seated exactly at 7:30 pm. The waitress was very quick and came to check up on us at good intervals.Special Features:
- Little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Noise level was very uncomfortable for a portion of the evening. Not sure I'd return due to difficulty talking to my friends. Also parking was very difficult and took a long time for all of us to find parking.Special Features:
- FoodJunkieDined on 10/18/2014Service was great, the food was just as we ordered and our dessert was fantastic. Great place to go to for special occasions !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anagardDined on 10/18/2014Ambiance is good, service is excellent and food is a good quality with very good taste. Everything was done to be satisfied. Thank you. I will recommend Canyon Creek to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed disorganized serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014I was really disappointed with the sloppy service in seating. When I arrived there were one other party ahead of me. The restaurant was not busy. I clearly stated I was waiting another lady to join me to the fellow that seated me. Apparently there was no communication between him and the others seating guest. I received a phone call from my lunch partner wondering were I was. My car was in the parking lot but when she went inside to inquire about me she was told there was no other single woman awaiting a guest and I was not there. We eventually found one another by cell contact and having me stand up from my table and wave my arms like signaling in a 747 to land. No excuse for such sloppy customer serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The ribs were the best we have had in a long time aned worth another visit soon. The pickerel was done to perfection. Wine selection was more than adequate.Special Features:
- JeannetteVIPDined on 10/7/2014It was my birthday and the entire fmily loved the restaurant and atmosphere. The menu catered to everyone's food choice. We had a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was too burntdinner1Dined on 10/6/2014I go to cannon creek often. I really enjoy it. I went here because it was a special event and thought it would be fitting. The table we sat at for a table of 8 was very crowded. The lightly (although it is supposed to be dimmed) was very dark on one side of the table and really tight to the point I personally pulled the table out to allow my parents to fit to sit in their seats. The food- quality was poor compared to other cannon creeks. The steaks were burnt, cooked ok but burnt. The service was great the food was poor. It was an important dinner, food was disappointing.Special Features:
- Not up to parKylieMDined on 10/4/2014We were given a table right by the door to the kitchen. Given that we had made a reservation over 2 weeks in advance, we expected better than this. It was extremely noisy with a large party right beside us. We will not be in a hurry to return.Special Features:
- Changes I don't like....AlannaDined on 10/1/2014Wednesdays used to be wine night....any wine bottle for $25.00. Which was a FANTASTIC foodie experience. It`s was impossible to be a true foodie, with wine pairings, on a tight budget. Not anymore.... Also the bacon-butter-tart dessert was AMAZING....and now it`s gone too! I definitely don`t go to Canyon Creek as often now
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent service from our waitress Veronica. Like the new menu. Overall great evening- food was really good (ribs & fries)Special Features:
- Service and food exceeded ourCowboy777VIPDined on 9/24/2014Expectations! Great night! Great bar as well! Had some Two Hands Dhitaz which was Spectacular with our roast beef and steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch with friendducchickDined on 9/20/2014Great place for lunch with friends. Sat on the patio, was nice you would never know that you overlooked a parking lot and a busy street.Special Features:
- Our new favourite restaurantcocobeanDined on 9/18/2014This is the second time we have visited the "Sherway Gardens location". First time was an early dinner for two. Second was a celebration for our sons 18th birthday. Both times the service and food was outstanding. I do live closer to another location, but am afraid to try as the service here is worth the drive.... It is our new favourite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety is nice.enjoyablebyall3Dined on 9/13/2014A nice variety of food items to choose from. Excellent staff, efficient and welcoming.Special Features:
- mandrDined on 9/3/2014Food was very good, service was excellent. A great place for lunch. Will return for more lunchesSpecial Features:
- QuietanonDined on 8/25/2014We like getting a table at the back where the noise level is generally lower. Food selection is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerBouBouDined on 8/23/2014We had a great anniversary dinner. The food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014We were 5 people for my son's birthday. It was fun. Our waiter was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food and ambiancemisskarmenDined on 8/20/2014The salmon did not have any flavour and did not meet my expectations in terms of value. The service was good, but not amazing. Our waitress did not seem very knowledgeable about the menu items when questioned. The ambiance was not as romantic as I had expected. The lighting was still relatively bright and the noise level was higher than I would have preferred.Special Features:
- Pick the right night to gonotafoodcriticDined on 8/18/2014I have found that on a Monday or Tuesday the food is noticeably less well prepared. I also think the staffing is maybe the B-Team. I usually love the food for the price. But we have always gone on a Friday or Saturday. I wonder if the staff is simply better on the busier nights. Too bad if that is the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrancoAmericanDined on 8/15/2014No real value for the money. Factory food. As for service, they must have a high churn in servers as they were all confused.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Food was great..ribs were fall off the bone tender! Service was good. We were near a large party, so quiet conversation was difficultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ServerBirthdaygirl2014Dined on 8/12/2014Our server must have overheard me talking about receiving an orange for my birthday instead of a cupcake. When it he brought out our desert he also brought out an orange with a sparkler in it. He definitely went above and beyond to make this a memorable evening! I think the birthday orange might be a new tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryBob2dayDined on 8/9/2014We were celebrating our anniversary. The food was excellent. Service was great. Have often recommended Canyon Creek in the past to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantVicuskaDined on 8/4/2014We are always returning to Canyon Creek. We enjoy the good food and the new items on the menu keep it fresh. The last experience was one of the best. The food was great and the service was excellent. We always go there when we have guests we want to treat to a good meal or when we have celebrations with friends and we have never been disappointed. All loved the place. I even treated friends from Europe who said there is no Canadian food. We choose all items from the menu that was Canadian ( the beef, the mushrooms, the salads and some other things) and I have managed to convince them the Canadian food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!JsjakerDined on 8/3/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Canyon Creek Sherway. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it. The waitress was especially nice - professional and helpful at all times. When she found out it was one of our party's birthday, she brought a complimentary dessert to him without our asking. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good meal in a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:
- Coconut Banana Cream Pie!Danny2DineVIPDined on 8/2/2014Overall a great experience. The coconut banana cream pie was so good! Avocado bacon salad was very enjoyable and the perfect portion size for an appetizer (ask for extra blue cheese if that's your thing). Steak was served Chicago style just like I asked. Wine prices are very reasonable. Definitely recommend for a great meal for a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner For DannyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I took my husband Danny to Canyon Creek Sherway for his birthday. I made reservationa stating that it was his birthday. My husbands bithday was never mentioned, he never received his dessert for free as this is usualy what happens. We had to ask for water several times.My husbands main course primerib was cooked as ordered but presentation was poor only 4 asparagus speris and the primerib were on the plate. We frequently dine at this location and know the quality of food and service, this time we were very disapointed. We will rethink our next visit. Thank You Danny and Donna
- Great food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014The staff here understand the meaning of hospitality.Special Features:
- The following 662 reviews are from the Canyon Creek - Sherway Gardens reviews archive.
- The Lobster Mash Place in EtobicokeemabellaDined on 7/27/2014My friend and I enjoyed our birthdays celebration with steak and lobster mash, salad and calamari for appetizer. The hot multi-grain bread with sweet butter was delectable. For sure, we will be back.Special Features:
- dependable dining experiencesatisfiedDined on 7/26/2014Been here many times. The SHERWAY GARDENS location is very consistent with their food,service, and overall experience. Always a pleasure to go for a great meal and pricing is right on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad4dluvoffoodVIPDined on 7/25/2014The good was ok and the chocolate molten cake I ordered was burnt but got it replaced. It is not my favorite dessert there though. Lots of group dining and the place was loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday bashreviewfromscarboroughDined on 7/25/2014I booked a birthday party at your restaurant last Friday. I had two special requests - 1 to bring a bottle of wine from my parents to the table and another for them to serve a cake. Because you don't serve whole cakes you graciously offered to let me bring in my own cake which you then cut and served at dessert time. I thought this was absolutely awesome service. Our waitresses were also very attentive and took great care of our party. The food was superb. Thank you ever so much for making this such an enjoyable evening for all of us.Special Features: