Canyon Creek - Scarborough
430 Progress Avenue
Scarborough, ON M1P 5J1Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Scarborough
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4162961400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3pm; Dinner: Sunday: 3pm -10pm, Monday - Thursday: 3pm -11pm, Friday & Saturday: 3pm -midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dorian King
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact directly.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 416-296-1400x
A word from Canyon Creek - Scarborough
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Canyon Creek - Scarborough reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)good for groups (35)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (24)romantic (19)great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (16)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (11)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Will try another steak placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014My husband is not a great beef eater but always would suggest canyon creek if we were going out. They have recently changed the menu - we found that most steaks were far too large to order. Also not complaining about price however offering only one side? Would like more combos and choices of smaller cuts.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Canyon Creek is a favourite of ours. We love the 5 for 5 and we treat ourselves to steak dinners there often. All in all a great evening of dining.Special Features:
- food uninspiringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Had the peppercorn steak.......it was totally engulfed in pepper!? Could hardly taste the steak after the first bite! As the saying goes, a little goes a long way?! Restaurant was not busy, but our wait staff was not very attentive. Did not refill my water glass, had to wait 15 min for our bill. My dining companion's meal on the other hand was bland.........rice was bland, and undercooked! Wait staff did not even ask if there was a problem with the meal, despite food left on the plate....
- Great meal!MargayDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful meal - the food was excellent, the service was superb (I was especially impressed when more than one server brought our meals and they knew who had ordered what without asking!) and it was a great evening! In addition, the restaurant bent over backwards to provide food that complied with my food sensitivities, providing sides that were cooked to order! :)Special Features:
- Good service, food was hit or missMBMBDined on 8/18/2014My husband ordered a steak which he thought was great. It was the doneness that he requested, and the mushroom topping was wasn't overpowering. I ordered the cedar-planked salmon. It was bland, as was the rice. There was a tomato topping on it that also lacked flavour and didn't compliment it. We both really enjoyed our desserts (coconut banana cream pie and cheesecake). Nice place for a steak and a glass of wine. Wish they'd do something more exciting with their non-steak options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DLDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014The food was very good but there were very limited gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wife's BirthdayJirsan1991Dined on 8/9/2014I was looking to take the family out for my wife's Birthday, my first choice was the Keg but when I called, they said that they don't take reservations on the weekend and after the last experience with having to wait over an hour, I wasn't going to have that. I had been to Canyon a few years ago and had a great experience so I reserved a table online. We sat down and our server was very nice, the food was great and everything went great, Canyon Creek will be my first choice from now on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCindyDined on 7/30/2014Went there for their Wednesday night - Five at Five. A little disappointed when I got there as they said they no longer offer that. They should have taken it off the website if that was the case. Drove all the way there just for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice patio - food not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/30/2014I've been to other branches of Canyon Creek before and really enjoyed it. This was my first time at this location. The patio was wonderful and service was great. We ordered the fish tacos and found them very dry. The ingredients were good but the dish was overall not very edible due to being very dry. Those fish tacos need some kind of extra sauce! That being said, I would try this location again and give it another chance.Special Features:
- GreyWolfDined on 7/20/2014The reception at the front was great and Jim has always been the type of server that ensures the dining experience @ Canyon Creek is a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summerlioussu2ferDined on 7/19/2014hi there i went to the canyon last Saturday, and ordered table for two. when we went to there, and said we came for summerlicious dinner, but the waitress said there is no this event there. That confused us. i want to what happened. but anyway, we had regular dinner there, and it is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish Tacos entree not good at allLuvCanyonCreekDined on 7/18/2014Do not order their Fish Tacos entree, NOT WORTH IT!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group Dinner8fordinnerDined on 7/18/2014We had a very enjoyable dining experience at Scarborough Canyon Creek. The hostess opened the door for us as we approached - which was a very welcoming gesture. The manager greeted us and later came by to ask how we had enjoyed our dinner - so very attentive service there. Our waitress Wendy was very friendly with a good sense of humor and served our table promptly. The dinner itself was very good and a small mix-up with one of our orders was corrected within minutes. Overall a very good night out and we would not hesitate to come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualMikeVIPDined on 7/16/2014We are a regular at Canyon. Staff are awesome. Food is great. The kids love it. We will be back!Special Features:
- BeckettDined on 7/4/2014Had a most enjoyable meal, food delicious, roast beef cooked perfectly as requested, cesear salad nicely seasoned and hubby enjoyed the brownie to top everything off. Service very good, from being seated by hostess to dishes being served in appropriate time between courses by our very attentive server. All in all, a very good evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014Excellent service, good food and pleasant ambience. What more could you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RJJMVIPDined on 7/2/2014Have been often to Canyon Creek andenjoy going there.However,was surprised by the bad quality of the food at the Scaboro location. Some of My Pakora chicken pieces were not cwell cooked!
- InconsistentRobAgincourtDined on 6/30/2014Having eaten at this restaurant several times before, we were disappointed this time. The calamari was greasy as if cooked at too low a temperature, but the salads were very good as was the creme brule my wife had for dessert. But unlike past dinners, the 8 oz prime rib of beef was tough and tasteless. And the coffee was served merely warm.Special Features:
- good as usualaakouklaDined on 6/25/2014the food and service was excellent as usual however I thought a high priced item like the steak would be a better quality. I found a lot on nerves and hard to chew. It was not moist and succulent like I expected. That was a disappointment in my expectations since I frequently go steak houses. I just won't order the steak again. Not the same as usual.Special Features:
- EnjoyableHeffeyDined on 6/20/2014A lively time with very good food. Waiter was good. Food excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeNPaoDined on 6/15/2014We went to Canyon Creek for Father's Day and we had an excellent time. Our waiter was amazing; he knew the menu really well and was kind and calm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceFranDined on 6/14/2014Fish Tacos was very soggy and shrimp ravioli was too overpowering in flavor. Margarita lacked it's taste. No tangy taste.Special Features:
- Good overallEastEnders7Dined on 5/30/2014This was this first time to this location and as a group were all please with every aspect of the night. Service was great, as was the food. Will recommend and returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous!foodlippsDined on 5/21/2014service was excellent and appetizers were hot and fresh.. very good location.Special Features:
- chicken penne needs improvementglobaltravellerNfoodieDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I ordered House Sparkling Wine, Coconut shrimp, Lobster Guacamole and goat cheese chicken penne. The pre-dinner warm bread was nice (Grade A-). Coconut shrimp coating was little over-fried (please use thicken coconut strings) (grade B). Lobster Guacamole was well prepared with a generous portion of lobster (grade B+). The chicken in the penne tasted like it was not freshly cook and the goat cheese was lacking. I asked for more cheese, instead of fresh shedded Parmigiano-Reggiano, I was given a little bowl of low quality parmesam cheese (grade B-). Service is adequate. A little smile can go a long way. The table was very nice, facing an open fireplace and relative quiet for this type of restaurant.Special Features:
- Our Favourite PlacemillersathomeDined on 5/12/2014We love going to our neighbourhood Canyon Creek. We've never had a bad meal or service there. The staff are always so friendly. Our favourite tables are #23 or #24Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DinnerFrenchyDined on 5/11/2014Enjoyed mother's day dinner with my wife. Food was great and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummaryPaulatDTDined on 5/11/2014Will certainly visit again. Beats the Keg without breaking a sweat! Mother's Day late lunch was enjoyed by all equally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day lunchmdezDined on 5/11/2014This was for mothers day lunch and the food was great, the service was outstanding and the noise level was moderate. We (the mom's) received a cute little gift and a free appetizer coupon for the next time we go there. Not disappointed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice over all experienceJesusonlyDined on 5/10/2014Customer service was great Atmosphere was right ... Was seated right away for a reservation for 11... Servers Were amazing .... Job well done ... Even my two year old was happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience for all.4valveDined on 5/10/2014We find that Canyon Creek consistently offers great meals and great service at affordable prices. The staff is very attentive and helpful and we have frequented the restaurant both for "dinner for two" as well as for larger family group occasions. The menu offers choices that will satisfy a wide range of tastes and budgets, all presented in a very pleasing manner. In all, a very non-rushed, pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceSmittyDined on 5/8/2014Greeted warmly by hostess. Taken quickly to our reserved table, hostess gave her name and name of our server, who was told would be along momentarily. Server appeared within minutes, very nice and friendly. Recieved our drink order promptly. Enjoyed our surroundings and before we knew our meal was laid before us. It was well presented, my husband, who had the filet was very impressed, cooked just they way he likes it. Usually, he has to send it back at other restaurants before they get it right, but not at Canyon Creek. A first!!!!!!! My steak was perfect but the lobster mash needed a bit more seasoning for my liking and the veg. was to al dente.... Overall, a very pleasent experience and would recommend this to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 765 reviews are from the Canyon Creek - Scarborough reviews archive.
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We had never been to the Canyon Creek before. It is not a place I could afford on a weekly basis (retired !! ) but definitely will go again as it was very nice. Food was good and the service was excellent. Great ambience and outlay. ThanksSpecial Features:
- Steak was ok...MikeVIPDined on 5/1/2014Canyon is known for their Prime Rib. I decided I would switch it up this time and had a "Chefs Creation" a Steak/Frites. It was... ok. Had better steaks before. But rest us usual great Canyon - servers are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service!EliPeruDined on 4/30/2014Is refreshing to fin great service among the chain food restaurants. The steak was expected at Canyon! We took our time in ordering as I was catching up with a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday & Anniversary CelebrationRedwineDined on 4/29/2014We like to go to Canyon Creek for our special occasions, and this time it was my birthday and hubby was retiring from work the next day. It's a little pricey but ok for celebrations. It wasn't a really busy night, probably due to the weather, and we were seated in the front dining area away from the large group, which made it nice and not too noisy. Service was quick and efficient and food was good. We were gifted with a birthday dessert as well as champagne for us all to recognize the retirement....this was totally unexpected and so a very pleasant surprise. We used our gift cards to pay for most of the dinner, and our son picked up the balance, so all in all a good night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good serviceCCTorontoDined on 4/25/2014I had gone on-line to book the reservation. Noticed they were doing a Mother's Day gift card bonus. Bought one. Booked the reservation and also printed a corporate discount coupon. The e-certificate did not arrive until I was already seated, but the accommodated it from my smartphone. Hostess, waiter and others were very pleasant. Wine selection very good. I love the Penley Estates Phoenix. Steaks were well marbles and cooked just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice meal at canyon CreekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2014Main course Arctic Char delicious. Prime rib very good as usual. However calamari not good. Avoid. Overcooked and frozen. Small pieces. Went on a Thursday night and had special deal on bottles of wine which we took advantage of.Special Features:
- reconnecting with friendsnoreservationsDined on 4/20/2014Had a very enjoyable lunch with friends. Friendly greeting, pleasant server. We were seated in a nice, cozy, intimate, circular booth. Food was tasty & nicely presented. Staff was very apologetic & polite when replacing my friend's burger ( she'd requested plain but it arrived with sauce on ). Overall a very enjoyable lunch & we look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 starOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014will come again to bring my family and recommend it my friendsSpecial Features: