Canyon Creek - Scarborough
430 Progress Avenue
Scarborough, ON M1P 5J1Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Scarborough
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: (416) 296-1400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3pm; Dinner: Sunday: 3pm -10pm, Monday - Thursday: 3pm -11pm, Friday & Saturday: 3pm -midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dorian King
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact directly.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 416-296-1400x
A word from Canyon Creek - Scarborough
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Canyon Creek - Scarborough reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (44)special occasion (44)neighborhood gem (25)romantic (24)fit for foodies (22)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (15)late-night find (8)notable wine list (8)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The service could of been better we had ordered our appetizer and then ordered our dinner and my wife ordered a ceaser salad with the meal but she received the same time as our appetizer. We also didn't receive our complementary bread until after our appetizer and all the waiters could say is " my bad " actually she had said 2 other times. We ordered prime rib dinner medium done but it came to dry. We were very disappointed with the meal but I can say desert was well worth having but don't have a specialty coffee because the coffee was very light it seemed to be water down.
- Great ambiance but the prime rib wasn't as orderedKathyDined on 11/22/2014Overall we had a great time with our friends. Our request for a round table was accommodated and that greatly facilitated conversation within the group. We were a little disappointed in the prime rib. My husband and I both ordered the 8 ounce prime rib, medium well. Mine was smaller and thinner than his. It was also well done - no pink at all. His was very pink - more like medium. My husband would also like to see the return of the garlic mashed potatoes to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly GroupHeatherBDined on 11/18/2014Made reservations for a friendly reunion for 9 people. We were isolated from other patrons in the restaurant which was great so we could chit chat. Canyon is quite similiar to The Keg and Baton Rouge. When comparing all 3 restaurants I don't have anything negative to say. Staff were friendly and food came quickly. I was a little overwhelmed with my bill being $70 with 2 entrees and a glass of wine. For the price I wouldn't come back just because I don't appreciate steak that much and I wouldn't know if it's good quality. However - I did enjoy my night out at Canyon!Special Features:
- Awesome as always...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2014I have personally been to this restaurant more times than I can count. But have not been for about 2 years. The menu has been changed. I really miss the chophouse salad and was terribly disappointed to see it gone. The apps are not enough of a variety The serving staff was amazing...the steaks were cooked perfectly. The hostess was lovely. Great time as usual!! some of my guests were first timers and loved it Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canyon Creek Scarboroughout2dineDined on 11/7/2014Great food, good service. Staff are always friendly, courteous and very helpful. I would recommend Canyon Creek to anyone wanting a nice evening out or celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halloween Dinner for party of FiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Canyon Creek Scarborough. Our server was attentive and courteous AND the food was delicious! The prime rib sliders are excellent.. would definitely recommend along with a side salad.Special Features:
- Nice to be back...balukamoyDined on 10/28/2014Went there to pre-celebrate my wife's birthday. The menu has changed a lot and prices have gone up. That's not what disappointed me. They have taken out many of the good items from the menu. Where is the zuccini relish? No condiments with burgers? Also not too happy with the side salad. We'll probably try this again. Only request is to keep the good food around for returning customers.Special Features:
- thumbs upgirlsfromworkDined on 10/22/2014Great food, great service, really enjoyable. Would definitely come back and definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Good food, you're certainly paying a premium price, but it's not necessarily justified. Only one bartender which left us a bit dry for refills. Our waitress was very friendly and personable, but we didn't see her very often.
- Fantastic restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Really enjoyed the level of service and the food was fantastic. Best ribs in town. I would recommend anyone who loves fine dining with the fair pricing to try this particular Canyon. Two thumbs up, cheers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3strikesyouroutDined on 10/17/2014Food was not cooked to my order, meat too rare, potatoes cold, hardly any lobster veggies rareSpecial Features:
- foodahpooDined on 10/16/2014The overall food experience were great. However, The Chipotle sirloin we order was a bit tough..taste wise was good...it was just the texture of the steak..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but...StevenJDined on 10/12/2014in general our visit was very good-. service was fine except the server disappeared for one extended period, wine was good. food was OK except for one thing. we ordered a filet mignon medium well and it was well done. also the prime rib was ordered medium rare and what we received had no pink left at all - definitely overcooked - a place that seems to feature steaks and beef shouldnt get this so wrong. the meat was still tender so it was Ok to eat, just not what we requestedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable good foodwineisamustDined on 10/9/2014We shared calamari and had a couple of different steaks. Both were properly cooked as ordered and very tasty. Shun (sp) made excellent wine paring suggestions and was as usual a great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with family8fordinnerDined on 10/3/2014An excellent dinner at the Scarborough Canyon Creek. Service was prompt, attentive and excellent over all. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeckettDined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed our prime rib, cooked as requested, the cesear salad to start and the very enjoyable double chocolate brownie. Service was excellent, provided by a very efficient Sarah. Will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!MikeVIPDined on 10/1/2014Had a great time at CC the other night. Staff were friendly and attentive, food was very good. They hit the standard than we have come to expect from Canyon....Special Features:
- My worst review of our local CanyonMikeVIPDined on 9/20/2014We are regulars of Canyon. So much so, most of the wait staff know our 12 year olds order. This past weekend, we went and were disappointed. Our table was next to a party of 10. The person serving us, had the party as well. As a result, she didn't pay much attention to us. Honestly, a couple of our regular servers paid more attention. When she did serve us "oh i am sorry i am late, sorry I forgot this" and worst "my apologizes for your food being cold". I couldn't believe it, our food was cold. I did tell her about it and all i got was an apology- not even an offer for a warmer serving, or a free coffee - nothing. Hope it is better next time - but won't sit near a party nor with the server...
- GoodyummytummyDined on 9/20/2014We have dined there quite a few times. Lately it has been once per month. The food is good, the service has been good. We have gone just as a couple as well as family, and friends etc. So good prices and good food.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedgirlsnightoutDined on 9/19/2014There were 3 adults & a child in our group & only 1 adult enjoyed her Pickerel meal to a small degree. My avacado lobster share plate was very bland as was my cousin's caesar salad & her daughter's kid's pasta plate. My cousin changed hers to a chicken sandwich & her daughter's to chicken fingers. My cousin still didn't really enjoy her chicken sandwich & her daughter was too tired by then to enjoy her chicken fingers.Special Features:
- Excellent againdbcookcanDined on 9/17/2014Dinner for 2, late midweek. Salad fresh and crisp. Steak excellent, tender and seasoned well. Seafood well cooked and flavorful. Greens a shade too al dente for my taste however my wife thought they were fine. Is becoming one of our go-to restaurants. Uncharacteristically loud that night due to two large parties. The staff did their best to seat us away from the noise which shows they are aware and the service was excellent.
- Good spotToongaDined on 9/13/2014Canyon Creek is a great restaurant. I have lived in Scarborough for many years and never knew about this spot. After visiting I will now be telling others about this place. Good food, good service and good ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and servicesDCRFDined on 9/7/2014Great food, fair price for a delicous stake dinnerSpecial Features:
- Will try another steak placelovebeefDined on 8/30/2014My husband is not a great beef eater but always would suggest canyon creek if we were going out. They have recently changed the menu - we found that most steaks were far too large to order. Also not complaining about price however offering only one side? Would like more combos and choices of smaller cuts.
- Lunch with the teamD2D123aDined on 8/26/2014We had our team lunch at Canyon Creek, and we unanimously agreed it was an excellent choice. They had the table waiting for us when we got there, and the server was ready to take our order immediately. The food arrived after a reasonable amount of time -- given we were a party of 10. The service was great, and the food was excellent. We were back in time for afternoon meetings. Nicely done.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Canyon Creek is a favourite of ours. We love the 5 for 5 and we treat ourselves to steak dinners there often. All in all a great evening of dining.Special Features:
- food uninspiringOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Had the peppercorn steak.......it was totally engulfed in pepper!? Could hardly taste the steak after the first bite! As the saying goes, a little goes a long way?! Restaurant was not busy, but our wait staff was not very attentive. Did not refill my water glass, had to wait 15 min for our bill. My dining companion's meal on the other hand was bland.........rice was bland, and undercooked! Wait staff did not even ask if there was a problem with the meal, despite food left on the plate....
- Great meal!MargayDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful meal - the food was excellent, the service was superb (I was especially impressed when more than one server brought our meals and they knew who had ordered what without asking!) and it was a great evening! In addition, the restaurant bent over backwards to provide food that complied with my food sensitivities, providing sides that were cooked to order! :)Special Features:
- Good service, food was hit or missMBMBDined on 8/18/2014My husband ordered a steak which he thought was great. It was the doneness that he requested, and the mushroom topping was wasn't overpowering. I ordered the cedar-planked salmon. It was bland, as was the rice. There was a tomato topping on it that also lacked flavour and didn't compliment it. We both really enjoyed our desserts (coconut banana cream pie and cheesecake). Nice place for a steak and a glass of wine. Wish they'd do something more exciting with their non-steak options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DLDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014The food was very good but there were very limited gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wife's BirthdayJirsan1991Dined on 8/9/2014I was looking to take the family out for my wife's Birthday, my first choice was the Keg but when I called, they said that they don't take reservations on the weekend and after the last experience with having to wait over an hour, I wasn't going to have that. I had been to Canyon a few years ago and had a great experience so I reserved a table online. We sat down and our server was very nice, the food was great and everything went great, Canyon Creek will be my first choice from now on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 790 reviews are from the Canyon Creek - Scarborough reviews archive.
- DisappointedCindyDined on 7/30/2014Went there for their Wednesday night - Five at Five. A little disappointed when I got there as they said they no longer offer that. They should have taken it off the website if that was the case. Drove all the way there just for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice patio - food not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/30/2014I've been to other branches of Canyon Creek before and really enjoyed it. This was my first time at this location. The patio was wonderful and service was great. We ordered the fish tacos and found them very dry. The ingredients were good but the dish was overall not very edible due to being very dry. Those fish tacos need some kind of extra sauce! That being said, I would try this location again and give it another chance.Special Features:
- GreyWolfDined on 7/20/2014The reception at the front was great and Jim has always been the type of server that ensures the dining experience @ Canyon Creek is a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- summerlioussu2ferDined on 7/19/2014hi there i went to the canyon last Saturday, and ordered table for two. when we went to there, and said we came for summerlicious dinner, but the waitress said there is no this event there. That confused us. i want to what happened. but anyway, we had regular dinner there, and it is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish Tacos entree not good at allLuvCanyonCreekDined on 7/18/2014Do not order their Fish Tacos entree, NOT WORTH IT!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group Dinner8fordinnerDined on 7/18/2014We had a very enjoyable dining experience at Scarborough Canyon Creek. The hostess opened the door for us as we approached - which was a very welcoming gesture. The manager greeted us and later came by to ask how we had enjoyed our dinner - so very attentive service there. Our waitress Wendy was very friendly with a good sense of humor and served our table promptly. The dinner itself was very good and a small mix-up with one of our orders was corrected within minutes. Overall a very good night out and we would not hesitate to come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usualMikeVIPDined on 7/16/2014We are a regular at Canyon. Staff are awesome. Food is great. The kids love it. We will be back!Special Features:
- BeckettDined on 7/4/2014Had a most enjoyable meal, food delicious, roast beef cooked perfectly as requested, cesear salad nicely seasoned and hubby enjoyed the brownie to top everything off. Service very good, from being seated by hostess to dishes being served in appropriate time between courses by our very attentive server. All in all, a very good evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2014Excellent service, good food and pleasant ambience. What more could you ask for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.