Canyon Creek - Niagara Falls
6380 Fallsview Blvd.
Niagara Falls, ON L2G 7X5Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Niagara Falls
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 9053540030x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 12pm -11pm, Friday and Saturday: 12pm - 1am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: One private room, ideal for groups numbering from 8 to 14. Partial view of the falls.
- Private Party Contact: Cindy McLatchie 9053540030x
- Special Events: We are pleased to arrange any special event on your behalf. We specialize in cocktail parties, birthday parties, anniversaries and business meetings. We provide a wide selection of set menus to suit every taste and budget.
A word from Canyon Creek - Niagara Falls
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Canyon Creek - Niagara Falls - Best Restaurants in Niagara Falls ›
Canyon Creek - Niagara Falls reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (101)special occasion (76)romantic (59)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (28)hot spot (17)late-night find (15)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Outstanding eveningdbrown3988Dined on 9/28/2014This was our 40th anniversary celebration. We were seated promptly and our server,Connor, welcomed us and explained a few specials. We chose the lobster and filet. It came and and was amazing, The steak was cooked perfectly, mine medium rare and my wife's medium. The lobster was tender and perfect. My Caesar salad was a little to garlicky. We were brought a complementary desert to celebrate. This meal would be in my top ten all time meals.Special Features:
- You can't go wrong hereCargoF16Dined on 9/27/2014. They had fresh native buttered pickerel on the menu which I've never seen and it was cooked to perfection. Staff were very helpful and the service was prompt. We also got the surf and turf which was fantastic and the cheesecake on the dessert menu is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedinfernocoachDined on 9/27/2014We returned to Canyon Creek Niagara falls as it has always been our favorite place to go. The last time we were there we had several issues but management did make an effort to correct them so we were more than happy to go back. This visit however left us disappointed once again. To start, our reservation was for 8:45pm, we eventually got seated about 9:05pm (20 minutes late). The service this evening was very slow for our table, it was no slow as a whole because we watched the other tables and they were all moving quickly. It took over 5 minutes after arrival before a waitress came to us. Drinks were slow, had to request the bread & butter that should have been automatic. The food however was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Always a Reliable ChoiceiskiandgolfDined on 9/27/2014We had visited Canyon Creek on a previous mid-week trip to Niagara Falls and enjoyed the view and food. Decided to go back an this trip and was not disappointed. This time it was a busy Saturday night with a few bachelor and bachelorette parties on the go, but the staff and kitchen handled everything very well. The layout of the restaurant allowed us to enjoy our dinner as a couple even though there were large parties in the house. We especially appreciated the wine list that was adequately diverse and focused on a middle price range. It also did not force you to order local Niagara wines, like some restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Overall exerienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Firstly to take kids there is a no no, can't read the menus properly lighting too dim. Service was great! Ordered Starters and Mains, whilst still eating the Starters the Mains were delivered, I mean seriously. They served sweet butter with the bread which was awful. I then ordered a bottle of wine which never came. The waitress disappeared for half hour so if you wanted service, oh well. Overall experience awful and secondly do not take kids there.Special Features:
- butterfly141Dined on 9/23/2014We were greeted promptly and seated right away....great table with a good view....server was friendly and knowledgeable....just the right amount of time between courses .... food arrived hot and was delicious.Special Features:
- Thank you Katespady82Dined on 9/21/2014This wasn't the first time that my wife and I attended Canyon Creek, the Niagara Falls location. We've always had good attentive service and the food is always flavorful and filling. Kate was our waitress on this occasion. Kate was very attentive to our table when we needed her, she was friendly and informative. She also was aware of when my wife and I were sharing an intimate moment, and she gave us space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fish tacos uh uh!fredDined on 9/21/2014I had the appetizer sliders which were fine but my wife had the fish tacos which were TERRIBLE! just awful! she actually almost threw up- now I have never written a negative comment about this restaurant until now and we have eaten there probably 15- 20 times but this was BAD! The tacos were cold the fish was so fishy even I could smell it across the table, there was hardly any avocado and the "sauce" was awful -whatever it was! Now my wife makes these herself so she is not an amateur in fact she is a foodie - so whoever was in kitchen that night .... However it was dealt with by the manager very properly by substituting it for the cocunut shrimp which were excellent. I can"t believe I"m writing this about our favorite restaurantSpecial Features:
- servicesparklyladyDined on 9/21/2014Darlene & Cindy made our friends get together a great experience...Cindy was fantastic---very patient & experienced......thanks for a great time!Special Features:
- Good atmosphere & steak no flavorsnowman263Dined on 9/19/2014We had a seat by the window which was a fantastic view for night time. Unfortunately the steak took a long time to cook, it came out warm. .. not hot, and the steaks had very little flavor. We were very disappointed. The coconut and brownie desserts were really good though and just the right size.Special Features:
- Better that the competition!PaulDined on 9/17/2014Outstanding food and atmosphere with friendly service with great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was goodIrishDined on 9/16/2014I would recommend caynon creek to family members & guestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerpattsDined on 9/16/2014Very good service, food was delicious and hot. Friendly staff. Views were beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jdizzleDined on 9/13/2014I dined at Canyon Creek on Sept 13 in Niagara Falls. We had a later seating, and I was surprised with the amount of people waiting to be seated. The noise level in the restaurant made it a bit difficult to carry on a conversation at the table. There were great huge windows in front of us, that I'm sure would offer a spectacular view during the day time. Our service was okay. There was a bit of wait due to a larger party, but our server was very pleasant to deal with.Special Features:
- Worst service I've ever experiencedfinikpalmaDined on 9/11/2014Cute place, ok food, pretty steep prices, the service was a complete fiasco. The server messed up literally every part of our order. We asked to get water with no ice, got glasses full of ice water (which weren't refilled once). She tried for about 5 minutes to uncork a bottle of wine and eventually failed and broke the cork, left to get a new bottle, came back 10 minutes later, and proceeded to struggle for another couple of minutes before finally opening it. Brought us Caesar salads instead of mixed salads. When asked to add extra veggies to my steak, she instead brought me a steak with no veggies at all, and an awful side salad instead (?!). My steak was small and tough, though the bread was great. Wouldn't recommend.Special Features:
- Great new menu itemsMonaLisaDined on 9/11/2014New items on the steak house menu branch out a bit and we enjoyed them. On a weekday night, service was great, food delicious, and a nice table gave us a great view of the falls.Special Features:
- Great dinner - terrific atmospherePopsdssDined on 9/8/2014This was a really good find. In the casino complex, but tucked away from the hustle and bustle. Everything about the evening was great.Special Features:
- Lived up to expectations for foodthnkwercriticsDined on 9/6/2014The food was wonderful and the service too, perhaps a tad over priced but I am guessing you are paying for the location. I thought the view would be better, since the restaurant faces the Falls, but there are huge trees right in front, so although I could see the American Falls in one direction and the corner of the Horseshoe falls in the other it was only in between the trees and my wife had to shift around in her seat to see the same thing.Special Features:
- Great SteakGrannyDined on 9/4/2014Really enjoyed our night out at Canyon Creek, all four of us really enjoyed our steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak decent but other protein...YumYumDined on 8/30/2014Pretty view, quick service. Our group had a good time. Food was decent but my sister had chicken and it was very salty. This is the 2nd time she had chicken here because she doesn't eat that much red meat and she was giving their chicken a 2nd chance. I told her not to, and I was right. It you are going here, steak is really the best option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a lovely meal and my only complaint was that I reserved a table online and had requested a table with a view knowing the seating of this restaurant in which you can view the falls. I was a little disheartened to see empty tables further up but we were not seated at those. One in particular I know was not given to a reservation since I overheard the women ask for that one behind her when shown to a different seat. They changed her seat giving her what I thought a wonderful table with a view of the Falls. I wished we were given that consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate here!ladyfromfonthillDined on 8/30/2014we came to Canyon Creek at the Fallsview to celebrate a birthday, it turned out to be perfect for us. Our server was so friendly and recommended some items that she felt we would enjoy. All our food came to the table in perfect timing and everything was delicious. As a special gesture, we enjoyed a decadent dessert served complete with sparkler, which added more fun to our evening. The view of the Falls from our table was spectacular. We'll be recommending this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening outdod1Dined on 8/28/2014The food was excellent, the server was attentive and the only downside was the hostess seemed a little grumpy.Special Features:
- Ottimo ristoranteGirella42Dined on 8/26/2014Siamo rimasti davvero soddisfatti di qs ristorante che accomuna bellissimo ambiente con luci soffuse ad un menu molto interessate, la prime rib aged 40 e' buonissima, senza dimenticare il personale molto cortese e professionaleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening out with friendslimagsDined on 8/23/2014Just wanted to thank you for great service last night...the 6 of us had a wonderful time and the food was delicious. we come here very often and have never had a problem with food or service. its always a pleasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beauty overlooking Niagra FallsMichaelDined on 8/21/2014The food was outstanding and the service was the same. At our table we had a view of the falls all lit up and it was beautiful. Food was great from the Kansas Short Rib Soup to the Fish Taco's, margarita's were great too.Special Features:
- Steak house styleItalianFoodForeverDined on 8/19/2014We selected this restaurant on the basis of the reviews found on OpenTable web site, the ambiance is not bad nice view in falls soft lengths. The wine list is limited, the menu is well presented. The quality of the food is low, we had two steaks (10 oz we asked but I suspect they were 7oz), almost burned and served after 45 min after we were seated. The vegetables on the side were row (we didn't ask salads) For only 135 CDN Not a nice choice!
- happycoupleDined on 8/19/2014Celebrated 19th wedding anniversary with wife and sister-in-law.. treated well by all the staff from the moment we arrived until we left . Drinks, food, atmosphere and service were all excellent.. our server , Kate, was exceptional! Wonderful experience.. will definitely return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner75Dined on 8/16/2014The service received was great. The waitress was friendly and help recommend foods as it was our first time there. When asked if we were celebrating any special occasion we said yes - our anniversary she passed along her best wishes and at the end of the meal presented us with desert at no cost! Food was great. Presentation of food was outstanding. A definitely must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!!codyrogaDined on 8/16/2014I took my girlfriend here for our 8 month anniversary and EVERYTHING from drinks to apps to dinner even to the butter was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We went to Canyon creek for a birthday/anniversary celebration. We were a party of 6 and I must say that the food and service was outstanding. All of our meals were cooked perfectly and out server Michelle was friendly, knowledgeable and very good at her job. It was our first experience dining at this restaurant and I would definitely go back and recommend it to others. I am from Niagara Falls and it is was my first time dining there, so happy to have discovered it.Special Features:
- Mto bomFabianoDined on 8/15/2014Ótimo atendimento, boa comida, preço justo. Ambiente agradável, interessante para um jantar depois de visitar as cataratas.Special Features:
- The Steak is amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Went last year for my birthday. Prime Rib medium rare but just amazing. Went last night and upped it to the 16oz Prime Rib and it did not disappoint me at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasionssmiles60Dined on 8/15/2014When a special occasion arises, don't hesitate to go to Canyon Creek, Niagara Falls. We have spent several of these occasions here. Never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Service a committmentBigdaddy453Dined on 8/14/2014My sirloin was slightly overlooked but still flavorful. The waitperson noticed it was over cooked and sent a manager and even though I was satisfied they still made an adjustment to my bill which demonstrates their committment to customer satisfaction!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak house flavourFoodieDined on 8/13/2014My husband had a New York strip steak. It tasted do bland. It was cooked as thought the chef had just sprinkled salt and pepper on the meat minutes before cooking.Special Features:
- Canyon Creekluv2dineDined on 8/10/2014Everything was so good! The food, the service, everything. The only downside of the evening was that you couldn't see the falls from the restaurant.Special Features:
- Saturday Night Dinner 9PMsometimesigotorestaurantsDined on 8/9/2014Good: Canyon Creek food. A fine steak cooked to order, a tasty potato, and delicious warm bread with honey butter. Good, friendly and attentive table service. Bad: Unclean washrooms. Poos left in all toilets in the men's washroom. Bad behavior by guests, but the restaurant should send someone around once in a while to check on things. Had a reservation. Table not ready when arrived. No problem we can have a drink in the bar. Had a drink, had another. Hostess forgot we were waiting. Went back to the hostess, no big deal, got seated after speaking with her again. Overall: Not up to the standards of other Canyon Creek's I've visited but not bad either. If you like Steak and/or other CC food there's no reason to avoid this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvarizonaDined on 8/6/2014great like usual we had Cindy and she was very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerkDined on 7/31/2014Starters were excellent. Steaks and side dish arrived cold. Sent back. Came unbeatable again made up new plates. Had several managers trying to get this right. Had to rush for the show. Our waitress was exceptional and was embarrassed for us. What she started out to please us turned into a lot of unnecessary stress all around us. We were so unhappy that we wanted to pick up pay the bill and leave. The starters were so enjoyable what started out to be excellent, turned out stressful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.