Canyon Creek - Front Street
156 Front Street West
Toronto, ON M5J 2L6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Front Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4165962240x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Canyon Creek caters to a wide variety of special events.(Cocktail parties in the lounge; Family get-togethers; Wine tastings; Business meetings in our private boardrooms). Boardrooms are equipped with telephone & modem access, projection screens, and display boards.
- Special Events: Visit www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca to view our party packages. Items on the regular menu can be easily incorporated into your party package. By attending to the smallest details we’ll ensure that your corporate or social event is memorable!
A word from Canyon Creek - Front Street
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Canyon Creek - Front Street - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Canyon Creek - Front Street reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)good for groups (97)romantic (83)great for lunch (72)fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (43)late-night find (31)hot spot (24)great for brunch (21)kid-friendly (18)vibrant bar scene (15)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Our party of three went to Canyon Creek for dinner before a Jays game and were pleasantly surprised by the good service and quality of meals. Prices were not cheap, but certainly reasonable for what we got. There was an interesting selection of beer and wine, hot bread before the meals and the steaks and salads were tasty and had a little twist - not the standard chain fare. The hostess and server were friendly and efficient, and the service was attentive but not hurried. The only issue is that it is very dark and therefore difficult to read the menu, but if you have a flashlight or a dining companion with really good eyesight you'll be fine. It's worth a visit!Special Features:
- Great Place to Eat!!ParticularfoodiesDined on 8/25/2014My husband & I shared the calamari, very tasty. He had the Chipotle Sirloin steak, marinated in chipotle Tabasco but it wasn't hot, just very flavourful. I had the Signature Aged Prime Rib, so tender & delicious. Wine: Chalk Hill Blue Shrah Cabernet (Australia) it went very nice. Reviews said that it was too dark & yes there isn't a lot of light but thought it added to the ambiance. If you are in the over 40 group & need glasses for reading, make sure you have your glasses with you. The Decor was tastefully decorated & modern. Our waitress was attentive but not bothersome. They gave me the wrong size Caesar salad & she noticed this & brought me another one. We had a really enjoyable experience at Caynon Creek and definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to dine!steakloverDined on 8/23/2014The Sirloin steak with the lobster mash was delicious. Great food for a great price. The wine prices are very reasonable as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its our favorite restaurant in TOOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We recommend this restaurant to all of our friends. We love to visit Toronto and when we do we can't wait to get to the chop house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect choice near the CN TowerCohenJackVIPDined on 8/21/2014Amidst the touristy destinations near the tower and Rogers Centre, my wife, father-in-law and I enjoyed a very nice dinner last night- at a fraction of the cost of 360 View. I thought the lettuce wrap appetizer was exceptional, the atmosphere was warm and the scene was appealing. We would all return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseLovefoodDined on 8/21/2014The food is excellent however this is the first time I have been in the restaurant since they removed the carpeting we found the noise level quite high. The beneft of the private room, we could close th door and kep out the noise.Special Features:
- Wonderful ambianceTorontoDinerDined on 8/15/2014The food was great and it is a great spot for both groups and romantic evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealChefDuncanDined on 8/12/2014This was our third visit to Canyon Creek, each time as a group - 9 people this time. We were given the "bankers' room" which was great. We had our server turn off the TV as it was a distraction. Everyone enjoyed their choices - the steak and lobster and the brown butter pickerel were the most popular dishes with six people ordering those items. Service was great, our server ensured that everyone was felt welcome going that extra mile to make for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant, but very bigGasgas04Dined on 8/10/2014In Europe we are used to smaller restaurants in this category. Unless that we had a good meal and a nice glass of wine! I found the restaurant online otherwise we probably walked by it. Service was great!!! We can learn from that in the netherlandsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- medicmanDined on 8/9/2014Aside from a forgotten caesar salad for someone in our party, this was a perfect evening. The food was good, and since I don't typically eat meat out, it was nice to enjoy a well-prepared salmon dish (and on that note, I wholeheartedly recommend the cedar plank salmon to anyone who loves a good fish dish). The wine selection was vast and contained some of the well-known selections from Niagara and elsewhere in Ontario (while we might not have the best wines, it is nice to see restaurants source locally). My girlfriend and a friend of our had meat, which is obviously from the name the specialty of the house, and they were both indulging in their meals. The dessert list offered a good variety, and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Overallmed11043Dined on 8/9/2014The food was very good overall and service was excellent. If I lived in the area this would be a go to place to get a very decent steak at decent price, it's a bit cheaper than some the of pricier steakhouses but the food is still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Service was very poor. The waiter did not ask how the steak to be prepared. She did not ask us how the food was at the time the bI'll was presented. The salad I had was tasteless. Will not recommend this restaurant in the future....
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Had a wonderful evening with friends. Food and service was great. Four thumbs up from all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canyon CreekKD1111Dined on 8/3/2014Nice ambience, good food, but was out of the best dessert on the menu (the double chocolate brownie). So sad. Noise level was good so we could chat while we dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceRalphMDined on 8/3/2014We were there at a quiet time, before 5 on a Sunday afternoon. Restaurant looks very nice, with rustic décor and arts-and-crafts lanterns. The food was quite good. I had the lobster quacamole (delicious) and the fish tacos (also good). Our server was not busy, so she was quite attentive. For a good, downtown Toronto restaurant, the price was not bad at all.Special Features:
- Very very darkFoodie14Dined on 8/2/2014It is very hard to see in Canyon Creek. I don't know why it is so dark. It is noisy too. The food was good. Service was good and prompt too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we wentLuv2dineoutDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful friendly and timely service. Food couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suberb !steaklover93Dined on 8/1/2014The atmosphere was very romantic and the steak was to die for. I would go again any day, and open table was so easy and efficient !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDined on 7/30/2014I have to say, my evening with my Mom at your restaurant was AMAZING! We had such a wonderful night, the food was awesome, the hostess's & waitress's were fabulous! The atmosphere was lovely too! The only wish type thing I can say, is that I pray you open one in Bowmanville someday soon. I am not in downtown Toronto very often, so it I likely won't be back for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EithinDined on 7/27/2014An enjoyable experience Location Great Service exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!NotimpressedVIPDined on 7/26/2014Amazing food ,service we can not wait to return to this restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceputtDined on 7/22/2014My daughter and I had a wonderful experience and I had the Prime Rib which was succulent and my daughter had the goat cheese chicken penne...outstanding! Our server was attentive and friendly...well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go Elsewhere...GTADinerVIPDined on 7/19/2014This restaurant is below street level, with a dark cave-like atmosphere. We used our phones to light the menu so that we could read it. It took 45 mins to get our dinner ordered. In asking to rush the order, the waiter said he would try but that the kitchen had over 200 other tickets already! If you are prepared to seat people for dinner, you should be prepared to serve and feed them in a timely fashion! The women's washroom was not clean. Floors were wet, with damp/wet paper towels/toilet paper strewn over the floor, sinks hadn't been cleaned in some time. I realize Canyon Creek is not fine dining but I would expect better service and better cleanliness for the prices paid. Overall - a bad experience! Dine at the many options nearby!
- SummerliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Was browsing through some restaurants close to the Rogers Centre as we were going to the baseball game and wanted to have a meal prior to the game... Service was phenomenal, server was friendly and attentive... The food off the summerlicious menu was excellent... Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingcanadianaDined on 7/18/2014The food was disappointing, the salads were small and seemingly not fresh. The cost certainly did not reflect the quality.
- Great place, friendly service!ILikeFoodDined on 7/18/2014Checked out Canyon Creek for the first time during summerlicious and I will definitely be coming back. Our waitress was great and the food was great. I would recommend making reservations in advance because it does get busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddisappointedDined on 7/18/2014I ordered from the summerlicious menu. I was dining with three others. Their choices were so much better than mine. I choose the wrong one of the three choices of entree. I ordered the Cubano which was somewhat like a Monte Cristo in that it was a melted cheese sandwich with ham. It was just OK- they ran out of the dessert I wanted which was the banana cream dessert. I had the chocolate mousse but it had chili in it. What a way to ruin lovely chocolate. The others' entrees looked wonderful and I had a taste of them and they were!!! No one wanted a bite of mine needless to say.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014The service was too slow. We went for summerlicious and expected a lot more of the menu. The food they brought us was not that great. I would say the best thing we ate was the bread they bring you at the beginning. I would not go back to pay full price for their menu.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014Went for summerlicious and it was great. The wine pairing was great to have as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summerlicious 2014Summ3rfineDined on 7/17/2014We stopped by Canyon Creek for the lunch during Summerlicious as what was being offered sounded appetizing. The ceasar salad was disappointing! Basically torn up romaine, 5 bacon bits, a few bits of parm and quite possibly bottled dressing! Nothing special at all. The portions were on the small side too. We had the trout and Peruvian chicken. The trout was supposed to be served with qinoa which was nowhere to be seen. The chicken was accompanied by 6 pieces of potatoes... Somehow the roasted vegetables didn't make it on the plate either. For dessert we had the banana cream pie and lemon pound cake. Both quite tasty but minuscule. The cream pie was served in a ramekin the size of mini cupcake and thus ended too fast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sherryDined on 7/17/2014food is excellent, service is great, i went with my 4 and half year old daughter and we had a great time thereSpecial Features:
- I was impressed!YOSUSDined on 7/16/2014Wow, the blackened chicken breast served over ali chili sauce with jalapeno crema was the most wonderful meal. Canyon Creek never disappoints me with an inventive meal. And serving desserts in those wonderful jars; what a great idea! I must do that it home when I host a big party. The service, as usual, was marvelous. Thank you, Canyon Creek! You never disappoint.Special Features:
- Very nice place for lunchYeleDined on 7/16/2014The ambience is nice and the service is amazing. The food is pretty good and good prices for the amount of food, and I love the bread and butter there. The bread its always fresh and warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak houseLaudekDined on 7/15/2014We had a group of 12. Food was prepared to order. No one quibbled about their order. The one child in the group was very happy with his meal. Waiter very friendly but slow. Not certain why there was a noticeable delay between the courses, so may not necessarily be the place if on a timeline. That said, the food was very good and everyone was very satisfied with their meals.Special Features:
- hmmjyjyjykDined on 7/14/2014The meat was uncooked on the inside and all burnt on the outside. I didn't complain because I had to leave early. I didn't want to be late for work. But the server was really really nice. I liked their service but it's just the food..Special Features:
- UnevenJoolesDined on 7/13/2014I had made a reservation online for 6pm for 4 people. We showed up on time but no table was ready - in fairness it was unexpectedly busy due to the final game of World Cup and the hostess was very apologetic and nice about the wait. Our table service was not good - we were already 30 minutes late sitting down and had to leave by 7:45 to get to a concert but when we inquired (after 25 minutes) if our food would be coming soon we were told that "the order was put in as soon as he got it, there's nothing else he can do". When the food did come it was all very good (thai wraps and burgers). It's unfortunate that one harried waiter could have such an effect but end result is I won't be going back here.
- Slow kitchenvaschwanDined on 7/13/2014For a busy downtown restaurant regularly visited by people on a schedule (i.e. concert or event goers), we were really disappointed in the level of service we received. Good: We had reservations & were seated immediately, orders were taken in a timely fashion, apps arrived as expected. Bad: Our meals didn't arrive until almost an hour later. Hotspot kitchens should be well prepared for busy nights based on their experience with the type of clientele who frequent this location. When we asked to speak with the manager, he/she never showed up. We were too much in a rush to follow up, and had to gulp our food and leave desserts uneaten in order to make our event on time. From arrival to departure, it was almost a full 2 hours. Unacceptable.Special Features:
- POORGabeDined on 7/13/2014We dined with a party of 6 on Sunday July 13th before the Queen Concert. The server we had was excellent, as he tried to make the best of poorly run kitchen and bar. Our drinks took over 15 mins to arrive, our food was late and cold and when we ordered the Canyon Creek Appetizer we were told they were "out" - this was at 5:30 in the afternoon. We arrived at 5:30 and our food was served at 7:15 and the steaks were cold. Then we had to send it back and then wolf it down fast so we made it over to the ACC by 8pm.Special Features:
- excellent for the second timesusieqfoodDined on 7/12/2014I just want to say that this is the best place for good food and excellent surroundings summerlicious was great timeing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more lightLuvCanyonCreekDined on 7/11/2014I love Canyon Creek but this specific location needs more lighting...no natural light coming in due to the fact it is in the basement of the building so there should be more light so you don't feel like you are in the basement.Special Features: