Canyon Creek - Front Street
156 Front Street West
Toronto, ON M5J 2L6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Front Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4165962240x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Canyon Creek caters to a wide variety of special events.(Cocktail parties in the lounge; Family get-togethers; Wine tastings; Business meetings in our private boardrooms). Boardrooms are equipped with telephone & modem access, projection screens, and display boards.
- Special Events: Visit www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca to view our party packages. Items on the regular menu can be easily incorporated into your party package. By attending to the smallest details we’ll ensure that your corporate or social event is memorable!
A word from Canyon Creek - Front Street
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Canyon Creek - Front Street - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Canyon Creek - Front Street reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (109)special occasion (94)romantic (73)great for lunch (66)fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (43)late-night find (36)hot spot (22)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (19)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014A group of us went and were celebrating two birthdays! We let the servers know and they accommodated us by bringing cake and singing happy birthday. We had a great time and will be back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Our experience were quite good, where we enjoyed the food. However, our waiter, Taylor, was quite rude to us. He got impatient for not understanding what we were saying (it was very noisy at that time). At the end when we finish our meals, he grabbed the bill, however, we were in a big rush to get out of the restaurant for another appointment, so after waiting for him to come back with the debit machine (8-10 min.), we became impatient and decided to go to the front to pay. After seeing us from afar, he came to grab the debit machine, and didn't even say 'thank you' after giving him plenty of tip. I want it back. We are sorry on our part for almost not giving him any credit/tip by walking to the front. Please re-train him to sympathize.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Loved the menu items, food was cooked to taste with excellent flavours. Good value and location as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Dinner Before a ConcertAnneGalDined on 10/18/2014We chose Canyon Creek due to its proximity to the Air Canada Center so we could walk to a concert after dinner. I have dined at this location of the restaurant chain many times. As usual, the food was quite good and the service was friendly and efficient. The decor could use some updating and the washrooms are in an awkward location near the front door. The bar is very small. I would also suggest making reservations as this is a popular spot for dining before going to events at the Roger's Center, ACC or Metro Convention Centre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Pre Theater DiningHandCDined on 10/18/2014The service was very good, they took the time to enquire about our schedule and made sure that we were out in time.Special Features:
- wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner and the service we received was outstanding especially Jonathan. It was our first time to the restaurant and we would defiantly come back again when we come to Toronto. Thank you for making my husband's birthday a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super and Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The service was wonderful..our server was outgoing, friendly and her timing was right on, to pass by our table or ask if we required anything, how is the meal etc..The ffod was wonderful and prepared to our order specifications, well plated and presented. The wine list is quite comprehensive and something for every taste or food choice. Love the Water that is also a project for water/wells in 3rd world countries. The server was sure to tell us about the project and she was very passionate about it. We were served very promptly as we had a concert to attend at the ACC. A great restaurant, special occasion or anytime and perfect if you are attending an ACC event and want an upscale dinner instead of pub food. We will be back. thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For Before The GameDavid7664Dined on 10/17/2014Always good service, good food and they know how to movw you through if you have tickets to the Leafs or Raptors.Special Features:
- great food poor watiressKdrownsDined on 10/17/2014outstanding food and great restaurant, too bad we got a poor waitress. I emailed them about it and waiting for a reply. I recommend this restaurant to everybody. Always had great service from the male waiters, but have had 2 very poor females serve us. I would prefer to be discreet about it but if I ever get another bad server I will be making a point to management.
- SugarDined on 10/15/2014Overall food was good. Service good at first but left on our own for extended periods of time. Waitress pleasant when available. Never asked for coffee refill. Error in price of entree on final bill. A bit noisy. Steak with Lobster Mash was delicious and meals arrived hot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing changeluv2eatDined on 10/11/2014Last minute hockey tickets and we landed at this restaurant. Excellent food. Waiters were exceptional and personable. Would highly recommend. Prime rib cooked to perfection and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantAvajesseDined on 10/11/2014This is a great place to go before the hockey game. I like that you can book online. The food is fabulous and not too pricy. The only downside is that no one answers the phone when you call. You have to leave a message and let them call you back at their convenience.Special Features:
- Fast Service for Hockey GameChizboniDined on 10/11/2014Wanted a restaurant where I could get a decent meal served in time to make it to the hockey game. Server asked if we were going to the game and the restaurant works hard to bang out the dishes. Met my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodVisitorDined on 10/9/2014Everyone in our large group gave good feedback about their dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014We enjoyed our evening out. Food was good, service was good. We didn't feel rushSpecial Features:
- Great night outDadMomDined on 10/8/2014Great Food, reasonable price, attentive staff, nice atmosphere, makes for a great night out before the game, or on your anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehEleniDined on 10/8/2014Been here a few times, normally really good and consistent but we went when it was busy and it took 25 minutes to get one drink and our food was flavorless - 4 steaks came out in under 10 minutes, either they were precooked or it was a mistake made at a different table that we happened to order. Service was apologetic about the wait on drinks but we watched every other table near us trying to find their server for something they needed multiple times. Probably won't be back.
- Great As Always!FoodieDined on 10/6/2014We come to Canyon Creek all the time when we are in town for the theatre - it is great food, wine, service with a great location!Special Features:
- Canyon Creek DinnerStephDined on 10/4/2014The food at this restaurant is very good...we had a top sirloin steak served with a loaded baked potato and it arrived hot and nicely presented. They have a large wine list and prices for alcoholic beverages are very fair considering this is a big city. Would definitely return in the future and recommend to friends and family if ever in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok- hostess was horribleLavaDined on 10/3/2014Hostess was rude and arrogant. Food is great though. We come for the coffee steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatYummlyDined on 9/27/2014Great place for dining central location very tasty food always look forward to dining hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canyon creek experiencePatrick018Dined on 9/26/2014great food at a decent price! I recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014The service and the staff very friendly the food was great and the wine list was a great selection of wines. they go out of there way to make you a returning guess. I would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hated the placetalesofaroseVIPDined on 9/20/2014We waited about an hour after ordering to be served two salads and a sandwich. We ordered drinks which were poorly made. The waiter didn't even acknowledge the wait time or inquire about why our drinks weren't being had.
- Excellent Experiencelynnebern7Dined on 9/20/2014From start to finish my friend and I were both very impressed with the experience. We made a reservation online, days in advance. We ended up arriving nearly half an hour before our scheduled reservation, however the hosts were able to seat us right away. Following this our service was exceptional. Our server was very knowledgable and not overbearing. He gave us time to think, and answered any questions. The timing of the meal was great as we were out before our scheduled commitment. Overall, very impressed. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone who asked. Well done!Special Features:
- its been 5 years!EpicweekendDined on 9/20/2014We decided to reserve before the concert and also celebrate the passing of my grandparents as it was the last restaurant we took them to before passing. Our server Donna was a hoot! It was both her quick and positive attitude that made it fun! Food was fantastic ( yes the asian nachos and lobster mash entrée were fantastic). It was a little pricey but thats only due to me having one too many beers. All in all a very good dinner and service. Will go out of my waqy the next time to return. They also have private rooms which look great for private parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placemsontarioDined on 9/19/2014Great space -- felt private and comfortable with calm lighting, music at a normal level etc. Pretty extensive menu... Only managed to test out appetizers --our table split a number of them -- but they were great (will def return for the Thai lettuce wraps!!)! The service was what really stood out, though. Our waitress was outstanding: knowledgeable about the menu, helpful, etc. Wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just steak!seafoodfanDined on 9/19/2014This may be a steak house but wow ! lobster in my guacamole! yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunch with friends!SportoDined on 9/19/2014My friends and I had lunch at the Front St location of Canyon Creek - the staff were all friendly and made sure we were looked after. Our main server, Sean was great - continuously checking in to see if we were good, giving feedback and answering questions about menu items, etc... the ambience and decor were very nice, but not too stuffy that we couldn't talk with raised voices for fear of disturbing other diners. Would love to check it out after work for drinks! Kudos to the staff at Canyon Creek.Special Features:
- it was fantastic, very yummy!cannotcookasteakmyselfDined on 9/15/2014The restaurant was suggested by a co-worker, I had no idea it was there and I must have walked past it 100 times, it was delicious!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFoodieOJDined on 9/12/2014We were visiting Toronto and were looking to book a restaurant near our hotel. We were quite surprised when we walked through the doors since the main entrance to the restaurant is quite deceiving. We had a wonderful meal and the service and atmosphere were excellent. Since it was late, my husband and I shared the calamari and we each had a salad, the Grilled Chicken Caesar and the Thai Chicken Salad and some wine. Looking forward trying some other dishes on our next visit.Special Features:
- Great restaurantsmatDined on 9/12/2014Good location and great service. My group loved their food. I would have to say mine was the least favourite unfortunately. Much better steaks elsewhere.Special Features:
- ronaeleDined on 9/12/2014I meet at your restaurant 3 or 4 times a year for a get together with various friends and we always enjoy our lunch or dinner. We never feel rushed and are left to enjoy our meal and take as long as we need for our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality has loweredActionjaxDined on 9/12/2014In the day and age of a restaurant on every corner in the city of Toronto. It's hard for a chain to stand out. However if you compare it to other chains you will find this falls a bit below the mark. This is one of the better canyon creek's you will find. But if you place it against something like the Keg you are going to find it's not the best for the money you pay. Don't stay away but it shouldn't be your first choice.Special Features:
- OutstandingabigllamaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Excellent food and great service. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- good meal!BobbyHretDined on 9/11/2014Our server was pleasant and not intrusive! Steak was prepared perfectly! Medium Rare Filet Mignon yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencektmowDined on 9/10/2014Delicious food and friendly service. Fish tacos were crispy fresh, caesar salald was well tossed, even the breads were warm and the butter was soft. I had a very lovely dining experience.Special Features:
- waiter needs helpcroshartDined on 9/6/20144 of 9 arrived ahead. The next 3 arrived and were seated. Waiter came in and gave first 4 their appetizers and ignored the other 3. Waited for 10 min, and then he goes "oh, you arrived"... Then every time we asked for something, he'd say "let me go check my other tables first, then I'll get that for you". Just thought it kind of odd/rude. Also, he kept making jokes but they weren't funny, they were annoying. One of the girls ordered no potatoes, but wanted extra veggies - he even repeated it back to her - and still brought her potatoes. 2 of the steaks were mixed up - one who had ordered rare and the other who had ordered medium.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Excellent lunch enjoyed by the 5 of us - would definitely recommend to othersSpecial Features:
- Consistently great!AlanCarterDined on 9/1/2014I love Canyon Creek! It is more reasonable than exclusive high end steak restaurants in Toronto and the steak here is always perfect. The vegetables come well prepared, fresh with still a little crunch to it. Service has been consistently excellent as well. It is dimly lit and a great place to bring a date. Ask for a booth when you make the reservations if you want some privacy. I keep bringing my family. This is our favourite steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.