Canyon Creek - Front Street
156 Front Street West
Toronto, ON M5J 2L6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Front Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: (416) 596-2240
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Canyon Creek caters to a wide variety of special events.(Cocktail parties in the lounge; Family get-togethers; Wine tastings; Business meetings in our private boardrooms). Boardrooms are equipped with telephone & modem access, projection screens, and display boards.
- Special Events: Visit www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca to view our party packages. Items on the regular menu can be easily incorporated into your party package. By attending to the smallest details we’ll ensure that your corporate or social event is memorable!
A word from Canyon Creek - Front Street
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Canyon Creek - Front Street - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Canyon Creek - Front Street reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (116)special occasion (101)fit for foodies (72)romantic (65)great for lunch (57)neighborhood gem (50)notable wine list (43)late-night find (31)hot spot (27)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/25/2014As always, a great place for business lunch and / or catching up with friends. Very friendly staff and food is great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/25/2014Great food & excellent service.. Prices are right for the quality of the food served & would recommend to others as it is by far my favourite restaurant on Front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Food was Great Service Excellent Very convenient for Theater Buffs before or after the show at Princess of Wales or Royal Alex Prices are quite reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visit but nothing out of this worldFussyFeeder47Dined on 11/21/2014A slightly above average steak house. Menu reasonable and portions medium in size. Attentive service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant relaxed atmospherePeanutpaulDined on 11/20/2014Great place to meet friends, relax, chat in a pleasant atmosphere. You won't feel rushed, so sit and chat for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceHarmonyDined on 11/16/2014The food and service at Canyon Creek is fantastic. Servers are pleased to make suggestions and cater to your every need. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed our recent family dinner at Canyon Creek. The food was delicious and the service was good. It was conveniently located near our hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great deal!RoxannaDined on 11/14/2014My friend and I were looking for a decent steakhouse but couldn't find one that said it would be under $40. Then, by chance, we came across this place and it was AMAZING. The staff was super friendly, the steak was delicious ("coffee-crusted steak").Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencefoodfitzDined on 11/14/2014We went here for dinner. We were seated in a cozy booth and had a waiter come over promptly. He was extremely friendly and knowledgible about the menu. He brought us some complimentary bread with the most AMAZING whipped honey butter. We both ordered steaks and they were cooked to perfection. Everything was delicious. I had put special instructions on the reservation that it was my boyfriends birthday and to do something special. We were treated to a brownie and icecream on the house. We had a very positive experience and will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Donna was amazing, a true gemSilviaDined on 11/14/2014We went to Canyon Creek to celebrate our Anniversary, and we couldn't be happier with our choice. The food was incredible, we have a delicious avocado salad and the steak soup as appetizers, we both had the steak and lobster mash (you HAVE TO try this dish, is beyond this world), and also two lava cakes with ice cream for dessert, that came with fired up sparkles to make the anniversary shine even more. As good as the food was, we were extremely delighted with Donna, she made our special occasion even more special, and THAT my friend, is priceless. We would definitely go back their with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will keep coming backWaiversDined on 11/13/2014My softball team and I have always had our annual team dinner here. The food and service are always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quick great meal!BigAlDined on 11/12/2014We were heading to a Leaf game - which our server identified immediately, and therefore had limited time. We made our selections and our server Shawn was available to take our order. We decided to add a garden salad 5 minutes later and again he was around and said no problem! The drinks arrived and shortly after the salad - which was tasty. After about another 10 minutes the entrée's arrived and the steaks were dome to perfection. We enjoyed everything and paid and left for the game about 50 minutes after arriving. I would strongly recommend Canyon Creek to anyone wanting a great meal and service prior to an event at the ACC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCassDined on 11/12/2014Came down for the Leaf game and was looking forward to dinner at Canyon Creek. Reviews I read were quite good. We ordered an appetizer and dinner but received our dinner before the appetizer? The waitress apologized and brought the appetizer out and offered to take our dinner away until later? We ate both together. The waitress offered us a free dessert to make up for the error. I had the coffee crusted steak and my wife had the cedar plank salmon at a cost of $28 and $24 respectively. We were not impressed with either dinner. A very unfortunate experience overall.
- great server, food no so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014food terrible, Server Jonathon best in the businessSpecial Features:
- ExcellentLLinEtobDined on 11/8/2014I had the roasted Hunter chicken which was just superb. The service was perfectly timed and friendly. I would definitely recommend this as a place to try if you haven't already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great as alwaysTessDined on 11/8/2014I never have a bad meal when I go to CC - in fact it's always excellent- I think the steaks are as good as places twice the price! I LOVE THE STEAK SALAD!! The people I was with had never been before and LOVED it! Everyone raved afterward! Our waiter was fun,friendly and efficient! Keep up the great work and don't EVER take the steak salad off the menu!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jetsDined on 11/8/2014Excellent overall service and food. Highly recommend the establishment.Special Features:
- Warm beer and bad foodEnjoyfoodDined on 11/8/2014We had a terrible experience at Canyon Creek on Saturday night. It began with the flat warm beer we were served. When I complained the waiter just said that's weird. They did change the keg but never took to bad beers off our bill. I ordered the Goat Cheese pasta and the pasta was not even cooked, it was actually crunchy. I did not complain due to the group I was with, but looking back I should have sent it back. My fault but just wasn't in the mood to make a fuss. We won't be returning. There are so many better restaurants that we don't need to go there,
- EXCELLENTluv2dineDined on 11/8/2014This was our first time eating at this restaurant and the overall experience was excellent. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming; our waiter was friendly, prompt, and not rushing us; the food was amazing and it was a great way to celebrate my 40th birthday with my husband. I will definitely return!Special Features:
- AmazingJoanneuDined on 11/1/2014Great Resturant, it is hard to believe after finding it 14 years ago it is still Amazing ! You cant go wrong with anything you choose. Always made to perfection. The staff is always Pleasant .The surprise champagne was very unexpected and very much appreciated. We never go anywhere else when in the City.Special Features:
- foodiliciousDined on 11/1/2014Food was fabulous from a menu that offers tantalizing choices for all! Terrific, fun and friendly wait staff in a great atmosphere! We love coming back to Canyon Creek!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service adequate foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014First thing our server asked if we were seeing a show. He paced his service based on the time we needed to leave which we really appreciated. Fish taco was OK but a bit dry. Prime rib dip was good but meat should be a sliced more thinly. Overall good for the price.Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised!Pauland5colleaguesDined on 10/29/2014A last minute decision. The restaurant was suggested by someone in the group. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was extremely friendly and the food was very good. An excellent first impression... I'll keep it in mind next time I'm in Toronto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too dark and loudGoodDined on 10/28/2014Have been to CC couple times now. I think this is the last time. First, it is so dam dark in there. I mean REALLY dark that you cannot even walking to your table. And forget about reading the menu. Food -- found the potato soup FLAT FLAT FLAT. A touch of salt/spice would have done it wonders. The prime rib pasta -- again, the same thinig - FLAT FLAT FLAT. Nothing that I ate I could not duplicate at home, with moderate cooking skills. Waiter was friendly, quite surprised there is not a single rose wine on the wine list. Don't think I would eat here again.Special Features:
- Surprisingly TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This restaurant is your standard upscale steak house and is mostly what you would expect from such a place. However, the food was surprisingly unique with a great blend of flavours and textures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotoohappyDined on 10/24/2014Ordered the nachos with feta and broccoli dip as appetizer. Didn't like the dip. Ordered chicken sandwich without jalapeños and it came WITH jalapeños. Very disappointed. Sweet potatoe fries tasted off this time. Not sure why. Waitress was very apologetic and stated it happens a lot with the kitchen!!Special Features:
- MoonDined on 10/23/2014Delicious as always and a reliable go to for dinner before the theatre. We had a great waiter and the staff at reception even took a phone call from my sister trying to locate me in the restaurant and they found me! My sister gave me her order and joined us about 15 minutes later and sat down to have her meal and glass of wine ready for her! Staff really made it a good experience!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerJayseeDined on 10/18/2014A group of us went and were celebrating two birthdays! We let the servers know and they accommodated us by bringing cake and singing happy birthday. We had a great time and will be back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad waiterhotdog4U2Dined on 10/18/2014Our experience were quite good, where we enjoyed the food. However, our waiter, Taylor, was quite rude to us. He got impatient for not understanding what we were saying (it was very noisy at that time). At the end when we finish our meals, he grabbed the bill, however, we were in a big rush to get out of the restaurant for another appointment, so after waiting for him to come back with the debit machine (8-10 min.), we became impatient and decided to go to the front to pay. After seeing us from afar, he came to grab the debit machine, and didn't even say 'thank you' after giving him plenty of tip. I want it back. We are sorry on our part for almost not giving him any credit/tip by walking to the front. Please re-train him to sympathize.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Loved the menu items, food was cooked to taste with excellent flavours. Good value and location as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewjayninerDined on 10/18/2014The food was generally quite good, but one of our dinners was not hot enough when delivered. Our request for heating the dinner was honored, but it took too long to get it back to us. The place was packed with people and the staff seemed a little overwhelmed.Special Features:
- Decent Dinner Before a ConcertAnneGalDined on 10/18/2014We chose Canyon Creek due to its proximity to the Air Canada Center so we could walk to a concert after dinner. I have dined at this location of the restaurant chain many times. As usual, the food was quite good and the service was friendly and efficient. The decor could use some updating and the washrooms are in an awkward location near the front door. The bar is very small. I would also suggest making reservations as this is a popular spot for dining before going to events at the Roger's Center, ACC or Metro Convention Centre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect before a concertBarrie2TODined on 10/18/2014We were in town for a concert at the ACC and I've often wanted to try this restaurant. Made an easy reservation through OpenTable. Got these 30 mins early and the restaurant took us right away. They're very efficient, especially because of how busy they were with the concert that night. The drinks, apps and main course came very promptly without being rushed. Just the right pace. The food was excellent and affordable, considering where we were (downtown Toronto). The location was great, clean and comfortable. Romantic even, as this was also our 28th wedding anniversary outing. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Good Pre Theater DiningHandCDined on 10/18/2014The service was very good, they took the time to enquire about our schedule and made sure that we were out in time.Special Features:
- wonderful dinnersuzieDined on 10/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner and the service we received was outstanding especially Jonathan. It was our first time to the restaurant and we would defiantly come back again when we come to Toronto. Thank you for making my husband's birthday a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super and Delicious!Annie15Dined on 10/18/2014The service was wonderful..our server was outgoing, friendly and her timing was right on, to pass by our table or ask if we required anything, how is the meal etc..The ffod was wonderful and prepared to our order specifications, well plated and presented. The wine list is quite comprehensive and something for every taste or food choice. Love the Water that is also a project for water/wells in 3rd world countries. The server was sure to tell us about the project and she was very passionate about it. We were served very promptly as we had a concert to attend at the ACC. A great restaurant, special occasion or anytime and perfect if you are attending an ACC event and want an upscale dinner instead of pub food. We will be back. thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For Before The GameDavid7664Dined on 10/17/2014Always good service, good food and they know how to movw you through if you have tickets to the Leafs or Raptors.Special Features:
- great food poor watiressKdrownsDined on 10/17/2014outstanding food and great restaurant, too bad we got a poor waitress. I emailed them about it and waiting for a reply. I recommend this restaurant to everybody. Always had great service from the male waiters, but have had 2 very poor females serve us. I would prefer to be discreet about it but if I ever get another bad server I will be making a point to management.
- SugarDined on 10/15/2014Overall food was good. Service good at first but left on our own for extended periods of time. Waitress pleasant when available. Never asked for coffee refill. Error in price of entree on final bill. A bit noisy. Steak with Lobster Mash was delicious and meals arrived hot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing changeluv2eatDined on 10/11/2014Last minute hockey tickets and we landed at this restaurant. Excellent food. Waiters were exceptional and personable. Would highly recommend. Prime rib cooked to perfection and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.