Canyon Creek - Front Street
156 Front Street West
Toronto, ON M5J 2L6Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Front Street
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4165962240x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Canyon Creek caters to a wide variety of special events.(Cocktail parties in the lounge; Family get-togethers; Wine tastings; Business meetings in our private boardrooms). Boardrooms are equipped with telephone & modem access, projection screens, and display boards.
- Special Events: Visit www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca to view our party packages. Items on the regular menu can be easily incorporated into your party package. By attending to the smallest details we’ll ensure that your corporate or social event is memorable!
A word from Canyon Creek - Front Street
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Canyon Creek - Front Street - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Canyon Creek - Front Street reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (92)special occasion (87)romantic (71)great for lunch (69)fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (44)notable wine list (42)late-night find (33)great for brunch (21)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Great place for dining central location very tasty food always look forward to dining hereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canyon creek experiencePatrick018Dined on 9/26/2014great food at a decent price! I recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014The service and the staff very friendly the food was great and the wine list was a great selection of wines. they go out of there way to make you a returning guess. I would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hated the placetalesofaroseVIPDined on 9/20/2014We waited about an hour after ordering to be served two salads and a sandwich. We ordered drinks which were poorly made. The waiter didn't even acknowledge the wait time or inquire about why our drinks weren't being had.
- Excellent Experiencelynnebern7Dined on 9/20/2014From start to finish my friend and I were both very impressed with the experience. We made a reservation online, days in advance. We ended up arriving nearly half an hour before our scheduled reservation, however the hosts were able to seat us right away. Following this our service was exceptional. Our server was very knowledgable and not overbearing. He gave us time to think, and answered any questions. The timing of the meal was great as we were out before our scheduled commitment. Overall, very impressed. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone who asked. Well done!Special Features:
- its been 5 years!EpicweekendDined on 9/20/2014We decided to reserve before the concert and also celebrate the passing of my grandparents as it was the last restaurant we took them to before passing. Our server Donna was a hoot! It was both her quick and positive attitude that made it fun! Food was fantastic ( yes the asian nachos and lobster mash entrée were fantastic). It was a little pricey but thats only due to me having one too many beers. All in all a very good dinner and service. Will go out of my waqy the next time to return. They also have private rooms which look great for private parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placemsontarioDined on 9/19/2014Great space -- felt private and comfortable with calm lighting, music at a normal level etc. Pretty extensive menu... Only managed to test out appetizers --our table split a number of them -- but they were great (will def return for the Thai lettuce wraps!!)! The service was what really stood out, though. Our waitress was outstanding: knowledgeable about the menu, helpful, etc. Wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just steak!seafoodfanDined on 9/19/2014This may be a steak house but wow ! lobster in my guacamole! yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunch with friends!SportoDined on 9/19/2014My friends and I had lunch at the Front St location of Canyon Creek - the staff were all friendly and made sure we were looked after. Our main server, Sean was great - continuously checking in to see if we were good, giving feedback and answering questions about menu items, etc... the ambience and decor were very nice, but not too stuffy that we couldn't talk with raised voices for fear of disturbing other diners. Would love to check it out after work for drinks! Kudos to the staff at Canyon Creek.Special Features:
- it was fantastic, very yummy!cannotcookasteakmyselfDined on 9/15/2014The restaurant was suggested by a co-worker, I had no idea it was there and I must have walked past it 100 times, it was delicious!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFoodieOJDined on 9/12/2014We were visiting Toronto and were looking to book a restaurant near our hotel. We were quite surprised when we walked through the doors since the main entrance to the restaurant is quite deceiving. We had a wonderful meal and the service and atmosphere were excellent. Since it was late, my husband and I shared the calamari and we each had a salad, the Grilled Chicken Caesar and the Thai Chicken Salad and some wine. Looking forward trying some other dishes on our next visit.Special Features:
- Great restaurantsmatDined on 9/12/2014Good location and great service. My group loved their food. I would have to say mine was the least favourite unfortunately. Much better steaks elsewhere.Special Features:
- ronaeleDined on 9/12/2014I meet at your restaurant 3 or 4 times a year for a get together with various friends and we always enjoy our lunch or dinner. We never feel rushed and are left to enjoy our meal and take as long as we need for our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingabigllamaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Excellent food and great service. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- good meal!BobbyHretDined on 9/11/2014Our server was pleasant and not intrusive! Steak was prepared perfectly! Medium Rare Filet Mignon yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencektmowDined on 9/10/2014Delicious food and friendly service. Fish tacos were crispy fresh, caesar salald was well tossed, even the breads were warm and the butter was soft. I had a very lovely dining experience.Special Features:
- waiter needs helpcroshartDined on 9/6/20144 of 9 arrived ahead. The next 3 arrived and were seated. Waiter came in and gave first 4 their appetizers and ignored the other 3. Waited for 10 min, and then he goes "oh, you arrived"... Then every time we asked for something, he'd say "let me go check my other tables first, then I'll get that for you". Just thought it kind of odd/rude. Also, he kept making jokes but they weren't funny, they were annoying. One of the girls ordered no potatoes, but wanted extra veggies - he even repeated it back to her - and still brought her potatoes. 2 of the steaks were mixed up - one who had ordered rare and the other who had ordered medium.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Excellent lunch enjoyed by the 5 of us - would definitely recommend to othersSpecial Features:
- Consistently great!AlanCarterDined on 9/1/2014I love Canyon Creek! It is more reasonable than exclusive high end steak restaurants in Toronto and the steak here is always perfect. The vegetables come well prepared, fresh with still a little crunch to it. Service has been consistently excellent as well. It is dimly lit and a great place to bring a date. Ask for a booth when you make the reservations if you want some privacy. I keep bringing my family. This is our favourite steakhouse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialmadmaxVIPDined on 8/31/2014We went here for dinner following a game at the Rogers Centre. We wanted something nicer than the many casual joints in the area so we tried this place. The food was moderately pricey and the ambience was ok but it was nothing special. They were out of most of the steaks on the menu at 8 pm so I ordered the "double" chicken breast. It was really tiny which is unusual given the name. My buddy got the only steak they had in stock which was also small and had no real character or flavor. The sides and appetizers were ordinary and over-priced for what they were. The place was overall below average and we expected more. I think we would have been better served at a casual place where you expect an average meal.
- DisappointingLanceDined on 8/31/2014The last time we came to eat at this particular Canyon Creek was almost exactly one year ago and it knocked our socks off. This time around it was completely disappointing. Our waiter was very friendly but not very attentive. There were several times that we had piles of used plates from appetizers sitting at the end of our table that were not picked up and even more times that we had run out of drinks but could not find him or anyone else for re-fills. They had already run out of soup and french fries which is inexcusable for any restaurant. My veggie burger was not very good, the bun tasted old and stale - I asked for BBQ sauce twice and only got ketchup. By the end, we just wanted to pay our bill and get the hell out of there.Special Features:
- Great!tokkitoriaDined on 8/30/2014It was really great! My only complaint was that it was really too dark, and that the initial dish I ordered had something in it that the description did not state it did. However, they got me new food and did not charge for the initial dish so I can't complain. The other thing is our dessert came so late the ice-cream was nearly completely melted. Then again it was super busy by then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!finedinerDined on 8/26/2014Our party of three went to Canyon Creek for dinner before a Jays game and were pleasantly surprised by the good service and quality of meals. Prices were not cheap, but certainly reasonable for what we got. There was an interesting selection of beer and wine, hot bread before the meals and the steaks and salads were tasty and had a little twist - not the standard chain fare. The hostess and server were friendly and efficient, and the service was attentive but not hurried. The only issue is that it is very dark and therefore difficult to read the menu, but if you have a flashlight or a dining companion with really good eyesight you'll be fine. It's worth a visit!Special Features:
- Great Place to Eat!!ParticularfoodiesDined on 8/25/2014My husband & I shared the calamari, very tasty. He had the Chipotle Sirloin steak, marinated in chipotle Tabasco but it wasn't hot, just very flavourful. I had the Signature Aged Prime Rib, so tender & delicious. Wine: Chalk Hill Blue Shrah Cabernet (Australia) it went very nice. Reviews said that it was too dark & yes there isn't a lot of light but thought it added to the ambiance. If you are in the over 40 group & need glasses for reading, make sure you have your glasses with you. The Decor was tastefully decorated & modern. Our waitress was attentive but not bothersome. They gave me the wrong size Caesar salad & she noticed this & brought me another one. We had a really enjoyable experience at Caynon Creek and definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to dine!steakloverDined on 8/23/2014The Sirloin steak with the lobster mash was delicious. Great food for a great price. The wine prices are very reasonable as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its our favorite restaurant in TOLovinlifeDined on 8/22/2014We recommend this restaurant to all of our friends. We love to visit Toronto and when we do we can't wait to get to the chop house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect choice near the CN TowerCohenJackVIPDined on 8/21/2014Amidst the touristy destinations near the tower and Rogers Centre, my wife, father-in-law and I enjoyed a very nice dinner last night- at a fraction of the cost of 360 View. I thought the lettuce wrap appetizer was exceptional, the atmosphere was warm and the scene was appealing. We would all return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseLovefoodDined on 8/21/2014The food is excellent however this is the first time I have been in the restaurant since they removed the carpeting we found the noise level quite high. The beneft of the private room, we could close th door and kep out the noise.Special Features:
- Wonderful ambianceTorontoDinerDined on 8/15/2014The food was great and it is a great spot for both groups and romantic evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealChefDuncanDined on 8/12/2014This was our third visit to Canyon Creek, each time as a group - 9 people this time. We were given the "bankers' room" which was great. We had our server turn off the TV as it was a distraction. Everyone enjoyed their choices - the steak and lobster and the brown butter pickerel were the most popular dishes with six people ordering those items. Service was great, our server ensured that everyone was felt welcome going that extra mile to make for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant, but very bigGasgas04Dined on 8/10/2014In Europe we are used to smaller restaurants in this category. Unless that we had a good meal and a nice glass of wine! I found the restaurant online otherwise we probably walked by it. Service was great!!! We can learn from that in the netherlandsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- medicmanDined on 8/9/2014Aside from a forgotten caesar salad for someone in our party, this was a perfect evening. The food was good, and since I don't typically eat meat out, it was nice to enjoy a well-prepared salmon dish (and on that note, I wholeheartedly recommend the cedar plank salmon to anyone who loves a good fish dish). The wine selection was vast and contained some of the well-known selections from Niagara and elsewhere in Ontario (while we might not have the best wines, it is nice to see restaurants source locally). My girlfriend and a friend of our had meat, which is obviously from the name the specialty of the house, and they were both indulging in their meals. The dessert list offered a good variety, and the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Overallmed11043Dined on 8/9/2014The food was very good overall and service was excellent. If I lived in the area this would be a go to place to get a very decent steak at decent price, it's a bit cheaper than some the of pricier steakhouses but the food is still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Service was very poor. The waiter did not ask how the steak to be prepared. She did not ask us how the food was at the time the bI'll was presented. The salad I had was tasteless. Will not recommend this restaurant in the future....
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Had a wonderful evening with friends. Food and service was great. Four thumbs up from all of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canyon CreekKD1111Dined on 8/3/2014Nice ambience, good food, but was out of the best dessert on the menu (the double chocolate brownie). So sad. Noise level was good so we could chat while we dined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceRalphMDined on 8/3/2014We were there at a quiet time, before 5 on a Sunday afternoon. Restaurant looks very nice, with rustic décor and arts-and-crafts lanterns. The food was quite good. I had the lobster quacamole (delicious) and the fish tacos (also good). Our server was not busy, so she was quite attentive. For a good, downtown Toronto restaurant, the price was not bad at all.Special Features:
- Very very darkFoodie14Dined on 8/2/2014It is very hard to see in Canyon Creek. I don't know why it is so dark. It is noisy too. The food was good. Service was good and prompt too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we wentLuv2dineoutDined on 8/1/2014Wonderful friendly and timely service. Food couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suberb !steaklover93Dined on 8/1/2014The atmosphere was very romantic and the steak was to die for. I would go again any day, and open table was so easy and efficient !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.