Canyon Creek - Burlington
2429 Fairview Street
Burlington, ON L7R 2E3Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Burlington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 905-333-3339x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday 11:00 am - 11:00 pm, Thursday - Saturday 11:00 am -midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Visit www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca to view our party packages. Items on the regular menu can be easily incorporated into your party package. By attending to the smallest details we’ll ensure that your corporate or social event is memorable!
A word from Canyon Creek - Burlington
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Canyon Creek - Burlington - Best Restaurants in Burlington ›
Canyon Creek - Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)good for groups (35)romantic (30)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (23)great for outdoor dining (22)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (17)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- 4th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Food was ok. Service, somewhat lacking, but very friendly when our waiter came around. Have to say.....Keg and Charcoal Steakhouse has it beat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- sharing of mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The 3 couples in my party all shared meals with their spouses and canyon Creek did an awesome job. they split each meal for us on separate plates. The presentation was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- butch123Dined on 8/22/2014My dinner experience was great, service was awesome and we had fun food arrived at perefect times and I would come again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime ribgroovygrannieDined on 8/22/2014My friend & I meet every 6 weeks to catch up on our lives, and we specifically pick Canyon Creek for the prime rib dinner. We find that the 8 oz. medium cooked is perfect for us. For those of us that don't like to see blood, it is still very tender and pink inside. The loaded baked potato complements the meat beautifully. Our waitress was very attentive and recommended an excellent California Pinot Grigio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerspecialplacefor2Dined on 8/21/2014This was a memorable night out. The environment was soothing, the service and the food outstanding. Our waiter answered our questions suitably and guided us in our choices for both our selections and quantities. We will return for another occasion. We will recommend this place to our friends which is how we chose Canyon Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delightSilverSupperDined on 8/16/2014I have visited multiple locations of Canyon Creek. The food has always been spectacular , as it was at the Burlington location. But I can say the service was above and beyond what I've experienced before. I would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anaverageoldieDined on 8/15/2014The seating was private (booth) and the food was delicious, one of the best steaks I've had recently. Great choices. I look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lynjoyDined on 8/14/2014Busy for a Thursday but food good as always. Thanks for the birthday dessert.Special Features:
- badbirthdayDined on 8/12/2014The waiter - BOB was awesome! The food was exceptional! Was there for a birthday dinner, had fun, all but the company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than satisfiedUnhappyDined on 8/12/2014Canyon Creek was one of our favourites and definitely our go to place for all of our special occasions. Some great items were taken off the menu: pork chop, lamb, pecan pie to name a few. The chicken, goat cheese pasta was very bland. My sons burger was boring. The edamame beans were really good. The service was not good. I was asked on the phone if it was a special occasion and how many bills. We also reiterated the birthday when we got there. Our initial waitress was too busy to serve us so we got another waitress. She didn't clear the food from the table, offered tea and coffee before we were done eating. Once we were done, did not offer dessert, brought one bill and no acknowledgement of the birthday. The manager somewhat made up fo it.Special Features:
- good foodozzyDined on 8/8/2014My mom and I went to cayon creek for dinner .we had a great dinner. We both had prime rib with was so tender. The only problem was the waiter never came back . I was going to order some wine with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Had dinner at Canyon Creek and it was excellent, the food was terrific, and the service was outstanding. We requested some food accommodations as my wife doesn't eat dairy and they had no problem handling the request. The server was knowledge about the menu items and their ingredients and was quick to offer a suggestion when we overlooked a possible dairy ingredient. The food came out quickly and the entire evening was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canyon Creek -what changed?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I have been to Canyon in Burlington a few times with good service and good food but this last time was the worst service I have experienced in a long time. The waiter didnt introduce himself; took a very long time to bring our drinks; forgot to bring out our appetizers because he rang it in the register incorrectly; our food was ready before the appetizers. We filled our own wine glasses. Perhaps the lack of service was due to it being the long weekend.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experience!KadsmealsDined on 8/3/2014Fantastic tasting steaks cooked perfectly to order. Attentive service and special attention for special celebration. The Brownie is to die for!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Food and service outstanding. It won't be the last time at Canyon Creek - BurlingtonSpecial Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Reserved through Open Table, got seated before reservation with excellent service and good food.
- great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014we were with a couple who have never been there before and they were very impressed. Our waiter Rhamesh was absolutely great He picked up very quickly that our friends enjoyed kidding around as did we .The whole experienced was great.The fact that we could carry on a conversation with out having to raise our voices really impressed our friends. It was a celebration of my husband's B'daySpecial Features:
- loved dinnerLaurieTDined on 7/23/2014had a wonderful time - quiet, good food, great company - absolutely loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of Burlington Standoutannbob0822Dined on 7/20/2014Choices for TOB were excellent and flavorful. One guest ordered from menu and indicated that their steak was 'ok' for the price. Only reason to not recommend is value. While value is good for TOB, regular menu is somewhat overpriced and therefore does not get a recommendation to friends.Special Features:
- Great night outPSdiningoutDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I had a nice quiet dinner. Table have great separation so there is no problem having a conversation. Only issue was that it was too cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placechindyDined on 7/17/2014enjoyed our meal very much. noticed from our previous time there the menu has changed and prices have gone up some. we did get a good meal for the price tho and did not leave hungry. Being a tea drinker, as were my friends, having orange pekoe tea would have nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. The food was just "ok" The server was slow and inattentive
- LadyBDined on 7/13/2014We were celebrating nt brother in law's birthday and it was wonderful and they even gave him a free birthday Brownie with a sparkler it it.Special Features:
- Excellent food as always.DannoDined on 7/11/2014The food was great and service was very good. We go here regularly.Special Features:
- FabulousRockChowDined on 7/10/2014Great Dinner, atmosphere, service was fantastic and professional and food was perfection!Special Features:
- Great service and a delicious meallittlejDined on 7/5/2014I read the reviews before I booked--we have been to the Mississauga CC before we moved to Burlington, and loved it, so I was moderately concerned about the service complaints I read. We were on the patio, in the evening shade, so much nicer than A/C, even with the GO and VIA trains, and the traffic--that's the city. Jordan (I think!) gave us terrific, prompt and friendly service--even gave me valuable advice when it came to ordering my delicious fish tacos (quite spicy, be warned). My husband had the filet and it was lovely and tender, plus we enjoyed the coconut shrimp with a nice spicy citrus dip. Obviously I cannot speak to the atmosphere or service inside, but on the patio, we had a lovely romantic dinner.Special Features:
- A consistently good experienceSmallTownSteveDined on 7/5/2014Nice atmosphere: food preparation always well executed: professional service; diverse menu - never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently a favTGIFhereDined on 7/4/2014Once again no complaints. Great dining exp. New summer menu was a welcome treat. Loved the avocado tomato blue cheese saladSpecial Features:
- Great as alwaysigraham1341Dined on 7/2/2014We love coming to Canyon Creek. Mainly for the honey butter and bread, but their food options are amazing. I had ventured into the veggie burger this visit and was pleasantly surprised!Special Features:
- As UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014Canyon Creek is one of our favourites as it continues to have excellent food, reasonably priced with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodDined on 6/28/2014We had a horrible dinning experience, the food was blend and bad service. I used to love Canyon Creek, but the Burlington location is the worst.
- What a GemGandSDined on 6/23/2014As always, the food was excellent and the staff were extremely attentive and well trained. personally, I have this place on my list of favourites.Special Features:
- Dinner at Canyon CreekDiningoutDined on 6/20/2014Our dinner was delicious and the wine great. Our server Mary Beth was extremely cordial, efficient, fun and did an excellent job looking after us for the entire evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We were a party of four and sat outside. Service was quick, and delicious.Special Features:
- Loved itfoodloverDined on 6/1/2014Our food was delicious, and our server was fantastic, we even got our dessert on the house, because we were celebrating an anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gift Certificates NightmareHKCBurVIPDined on 5/31/2014The service etc. is great, however; I cannot say the same for the head office. Last year I bought certificates on line to use at the restaurant and had nothing but trouble using them they had to actually re-issue them. This year I purchased $500. Gift card May 9 and as of today June 2 I have still not received same. The head office is in Burlington and we live in Burlington. Go figure. We are regular customers and have been there 4 times since May 9 so unhappy with your head office and had to pay rather than using the certificate. We may just stop going to Canyon Creek and ask that my visa be reimbursed for the charge May 9. Not a happy customer. And I might add every time we go we take friends that have never been there prior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on the PatioTank2kVIPDined on 5/31/2014A beautiful day and amazing meal on the Patio... Prime Rib was outstanding and the service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Third TimeCIndyDined on 5/25/2014Disappointed again got my order wrong. It would be different if it was busy but it was not. I think I will be trying something new
- Good apps listderekbDined on 5/17/2014Hadn't dined at a Canyon Creek in a while, but decided to go back as a bit of a celebratory dinner for my girlfriend and I. Although the apps were quite good (my grilfriend ordered two as her main), the meal didn't quite justify their high-end prices. Very easily could have had better food at one of the other nation-wide steakhouses. Service was the true sour point. He didn't seem to have time for us and when my girlfriends lettuce wraps were covered in dirt (they were not pre-washed), she had eaten most of the meal before he returned to see how things were. He offered to bring a whole new app but we declined as we were almost done. He returned with new lettuce, but no one else, i.e management, never bothered to visit us. Will not be back.Special Features:
- howaboutlunch2Dined on 5/15/2014Excellent in all respects as usual. We have dined at the Burlington location as well as the Niagara Falls location. Both outstanding establishments. Great food, excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.