Canyon Creek - Burlington
2429 Fairview Street
Burlington, ON L7R 2E3Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Burlington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 905-333-3339x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday 11:00 am - 11:00 pm, Thursday - Saturday 11:00 am -midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Visit www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca to view our party packages. Items on the regular menu can be easily incorporated into your party package. By attending to the smallest details we’ll ensure that your corporate or social event is memorable!
A word from Canyon Creek - Burlington
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Canyon Creek - Burlington - Best Restaurants in Burlington ›
Canyon Creek - Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (64)romantic (34)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (25)great for lunch (22)great for outdoor dining (20)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (16)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (7)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Food is never a disappointmentAJSADined on 9/13/2014I was here for a second time and ate something I never had before and it sure was delicious! I always try to eat what a restaurant is known for and in this case for Canyon Creek, that would be Steak or Prime Rib, but I ate one of the pastas instead - so glad I tried it - worth going off the tracks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice luncheon had by allQuincyDined on 9/12/2014We had great service,wine list great ,great appetizer and excellent sirloin salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday night dinner.pecs84Dined on 9/10/2014Coffee crusted steak was awesome. Melissa over server was excellent also. Very friendly and hopeful with questions we hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy seniorsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Excellent service and food with great staff to meet all your needs.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014We would use Open Table again - it was fast, efficient & our reservation was exactly as requested.Special Features:
- amwcDined on 9/6/2014We have never been disappointed when visiting this Canyon Creek location and thoroughly enjoyed dining there on the weekend. The meals were excellent - the melt-in-your-mouth-delicious prime rib and nicely spiced Chipotle Sirloin Steak were done to perfection. Of the accompanying vegetables we found the beans to be tender crisp but the carrots somewhat underdone. The warm bread with honey-infused butter was a lovely opener. Service was amazing, well timed and never intrusive. Our server was very friendly and his sense of humour added a lot of fun to our evening. We would highly recommend this restaurant for either casual dining or a special occasion.Special Features:
- good food rushed serviceLogitechDined on 9/6/2014Overall it was ok 1.Food was good, good steak, soup, salad and the birthday brownie. but service felt rushed - we were out for a pleasant - event - not to eat and rush out. 1 hour and $140 later done. Felt like we were at a fast food restaurant. what happened to the knife with the bread, cutlery seemed to be an issue (although it may have just been our server). the server kept saying no rush - two minutes later - back again. We did not get asked if we wanted any desert or coffee. Brought daughter's brownies, and BANG ! there is the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst time at Canyon Creek todateHKCBurVIPDined on 9/4/2014We are regulars at Canyon Creek usually at Sherway Gardens. This time in Burlington we sat on the patio. We really don't need menus because we knew what we were going to order. The coffee crusted stake was so peppery my daughter could not eat it, they brought her another one after 1/2 hour that was way over done. It could have been sitting in the kitchen for that length because it does not take long for medium rare. The waitress tried to tell us it looks different outside, what? Then the manager came out telling us the same thing by this time it was 8:20 and she was so hungry she ate the well done stake. Very inconsistent at the Burlington location. We have always had the perfect steak at Sherway location.Special Features:
- silvaDined on 8/30/2014My husband and i went there saturday night for our anniversary dinner.From the moment we walked in ,until we walked out we felt very comfortable.The service was great,the meal outstanding and all the staff was friendly. We had been there before and my experience was just as memorable as the first.The prices were good and the portions very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th anniversaryDinoDined on 8/26/2014Food was ok. Service, somewhat lacking, but very friendly when our waiter came around. Have to say.....Keg and Charcoal Steakhouse has it beat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- sharing of mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The 3 couples in my party all shared meals with their spouses and canyon Creek did an awesome job. they split each meal for us on separate plates. The presentation was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- butch123Dined on 8/22/2014My dinner experience was great, service was awesome and we had fun food arrived at perefect times and I would come again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime ribgroovygrannieDined on 8/22/2014My friend & I meet every 6 weeks to catch up on our lives, and we specifically pick Canyon Creek for the prime rib dinner. We find that the 8 oz. medium cooked is perfect for us. For those of us that don't like to see blood, it is still very tender and pink inside. The loaded baked potato complements the meat beautifully. Our waitress was very attentive and recommended an excellent California Pinot Grigio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerspecialplacefor2Dined on 8/21/2014This was a memorable night out. The environment was soothing, the service and the food outstanding. Our waiter answered our questions suitably and guided us in our choices for both our selections and quantities. We will return for another occasion. We will recommend this place to our friends which is how we chose Canyon Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delightSilverSupperDined on 8/16/2014I have visited multiple locations of Canyon Creek. The food has always been spectacular , as it was at the Burlington location. But I can say the service was above and beyond what I've experienced before. I would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anaverageoldieDined on 8/15/2014The seating was private (booth) and the food was delicious, one of the best steaks I've had recently. Great choices. I look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lynjoyDined on 8/14/2014Busy for a Thursday but food good as always. Thanks for the birthday dessert.Special Features:
- badbirthdayDined on 8/12/2014The waiter - BOB was awesome! The food was exceptional! Was there for a birthday dinner, had fun, all but the company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than satisfiedUnhappyDined on 8/12/2014Canyon Creek was one of our favourites and definitely our go to place for all of our special occasions. Some great items were taken off the menu: pork chop, lamb, pecan pie to name a few. The chicken, goat cheese pasta was very bland. My sons burger was boring. The edamame beans were really good. The service was not good. I was asked on the phone if it was a special occasion and how many bills. We also reiterated the birthday when we got there. Our initial waitress was too busy to serve us so we got another waitress. She didn't clear the food from the table, offered tea and coffee before we were done eating. Once we were done, did not offer dessert, brought one bill and no acknowledgement of the birthday. The manager somewhat made up fo it.Special Features:
- good foodozzyDined on 8/8/2014My mom and I went to cayon creek for dinner .we had a great dinner. We both had prime rib with was so tender. The only problem was the waiter never came back . I was going to order some wine with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Had dinner at Canyon Creek and it was excellent, the food was terrific, and the service was outstanding. We requested some food accommodations as my wife doesn't eat dairy and they had no problem handling the request. The server was knowledge about the menu items and their ingredients and was quick to offer a suggestion when we overlooked a possible dairy ingredient. The food came out quickly and the entire evening was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canyon Creek -what changed?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I have been to Canyon in Burlington a few times with good service and good food but this last time was the worst service I have experienced in a long time. The waiter didnt introduce himself; took a very long time to bring our drinks; forgot to bring out our appetizers because he rang it in the register incorrectly; our food was ready before the appetizers. We filled our own wine glasses. Perhaps the lack of service was due to it being the long weekend.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experience!KadsmealsDined on 8/3/2014Fantastic tasting steaks cooked perfectly to order. Attentive service and special attention for special celebration. The Brownie is to die for!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Food and service outstanding. It won't be the last time at Canyon Creek - BurlingtonSpecial Features:
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Reserved through Open Table, got seated before reservation with excellent service and good food.
- great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014we were with a couple who have never been there before and they were very impressed. Our waiter Rhamesh was absolutely great He picked up very quickly that our friends enjoyed kidding around as did we .The whole experienced was great.The fact that we could carry on a conversation with out having to raise our voices really impressed our friends. It was a celebration of my husband's B'daySpecial Features:
- loved dinnerLaurieTDined on 7/23/2014had a wonderful time - quiet, good food, great company - absolutely loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste of Burlington Standoutannbob0822Dined on 7/20/2014Choices for TOB were excellent and flavorful. One guest ordered from menu and indicated that their steak was 'ok' for the price. Only reason to not recommend is value. While value is good for TOB, regular menu is somewhat overpriced and therefore does not get a recommendation to friends.Special Features:
- Great night outPSdiningoutDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I had a nice quiet dinner. Table have great separation so there is no problem having a conversation. Only issue was that it was too cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice placechindyDined on 7/17/2014enjoyed our meal very much. noticed from our previous time there the menu has changed and prices have gone up some. we did get a good meal for the price tho and did not leave hungry. Being a tea drinker, as were my friends, having orange pekoe tea would have nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. The food was just "ok" The server was slow and inattentive
- LadyBDined on 7/13/2014We were celebrating nt brother in law's birthday and it was wonderful and they even gave him a free birthday Brownie with a sparkler it it.Special Features:
- Excellent food as always.DannoDined on 7/11/2014The food was great and service was very good. We go here regularly.Special Features:
- FabulousRockChowDined on 7/10/2014Great Dinner, atmosphere, service was fantastic and professional and food was perfection!Special Features:
- Great service and a delicious meallittlejDined on 7/5/2014I read the reviews before I booked--we have been to the Mississauga CC before we moved to Burlington, and loved it, so I was moderately concerned about the service complaints I read. We were on the patio, in the evening shade, so much nicer than A/C, even with the GO and VIA trains, and the traffic--that's the city. Jordan (I think!) gave us terrific, prompt and friendly service--even gave me valuable advice when it came to ordering my delicious fish tacos (quite spicy, be warned). My husband had the filet and it was lovely and tender, plus we enjoyed the coconut shrimp with a nice spicy citrus dip. Obviously I cannot speak to the atmosphere or service inside, but on the patio, we had a lovely romantic dinner.Special Features:
- A consistently good experienceSmallTownSteveDined on 7/5/2014Nice atmosphere: food preparation always well executed: professional service; diverse menu - never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently a favTGIFhereDined on 7/4/2014Once again no complaints. Great dining exp. New summer menu was a welcome treat. Loved the avocado tomato blue cheese saladSpecial Features:
- Great as alwaysigraham1341Dined on 7/2/2014We love coming to Canyon Creek. Mainly for the honey butter and bread, but their food options are amazing. I had ventured into the veggie burger this visit and was pleasantly surprised!Special Features:
- As UsualOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014Canyon Creek is one of our favourites as it continues to have excellent food, reasonably priced with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodDined on 6/28/2014We had a horrible dinning experience, the food was blend and bad service. I used to love Canyon Creek, but the Burlington location is the worst.