Canyon Creek - Burlington
2429 Fairview Street
Burlington, ON L7R 2E3Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Burlington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 905-333-3339x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday 11:00 am - 11:00 pm, Thursday - Saturday 11:00 am -midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Visit www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca to view our party packages. Items on the regular menu can be easily incorporated into your party package. By attending to the smallest details we’ll ensure that your corporate or social event is memorable!
A word from Canyon Creek - Burlington
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Canyon Creek - Burlington - Best Restaurants in Burlington ›
Canyon Creek - Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (77)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (41)romantic (40)great for lunch (29)notable wine list (24)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (17)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- FailurewasaregularDined on 10/17/2014New reno, new vibe, new attitude. Won't be back. My loyalty and disposable income will find another venue.Special Features:
- Great New LookOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014This location has been newly renovated and looks fabulous. The entrance is so welcoming set with a wooden desk and a book shelf behind that is full of old, antique and vintage cameras. Picture perfect. Food is amazing and presented with such care. Beer list is exceptional. Service was fantastic. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Delicious Food but PriceyRealFoodieDined on 10/17/2014The Southwest chicken was DELICIOUS! The Thai salad was great as well. We were not too thrilled with our rice crusted chicken appetizer...was very bland, served only 4-5 pieces, and cost over $11! All in allwould return to this restaurant but would avoid pricey apps!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a new atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Not sure how Burlington will like the changes. Was looking for the usual calm quiet dining. was seated in the dining rm beside the bar. If we wanted sports tv and noise we would have gone to a sports bar.Special Features:
- DeliciousloveeDined on 10/15/2014This was our first time visiting since the makeover. Looks really nice! Tried the calamari appetizer (new menu item) and it was delicious... perfectly cooked! Really enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- KadsmealsDined on 10/15/2014Amazing service...made to feel special...excellent food (cooked to perfection)and wine quality with very attentive service. The brownie is to die for!Special Features:
- awesome foodrorytateDined on 10/14/2014based on a recommendation for the restaurant I decided to take my wife there for our anniversary. I must say the food was excellent. Although it's been told that the sweet bun portioning has been reduced to a morsel, my main course of the Chipotle sirloin was absolutely delicious. Our canyon creek dip was flavorful with a large portion, it was perfect. Recommendation is though to have the menu identify Ontario VQA to help promote local wines. Luckily our server was educated (as was I) and we were able to make a good choice.Special Features:
- Dinner at Burlington Canyon CreekTurtleDined on 10/13/2014My husband and I and another couple had dinner here on Thanksgiving Monday. We each had something different but dinner was enjoyed by all. Prime rib and steak was cooked perfectly. The salmon received rave reviews and my pickerel was excellent. Vegetables were crisp and service excellent. A very enjoyable dining experience. Reasonably priced for the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was since my last visit. The service was very good. Spent a lovely couple of hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New decorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Some booths eliminated so as to give a more open feel. Pictures and displays showing a photographic theme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great servicePipesDined on 10/10/2014My wife had the 7oz fillet, I had the 16 ounce prime rib with the loaded baked potatoe. Outstanding for the price. Great service. Great atmosphere.we where late for our reservation and they still accommodated us. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night celebrationEvrydayCelbr8Dined on 10/10/2014Came early for reservation and relaxed at the bar with our favourite drinks; the bartenders were quick and friendly; the waiters brought sweetbreads around to enjoy; our waitress was excellent; enjoyed a good bottle of win to celebrate our evening; enjoyed our meal and night out (which are far and in between).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Newly renovatedFanny942Dined on 10/9/2014My husband had the Prime Rib - very good and perfectly cooked. Great veggies too. I had the Steak and Lobster Mash. The steak was very good, and perfectly cooked. Also nice veggies. The Mash was delicious, but the amount of lobster pieces on the Mash was on the small side considering the price of the entre ($30 with a 7 oz sirloin). The service was very good, and the newly rennovated surrounds very nice.Special Features:
- DisappointedJimvegasDined on 10/9/2014We have been long time Canyon Creek customers. We recently went to Canyon Creed for my spouse's birthday. Our overall experience was disappointing. Th service was fair...empty glasses left on the table the entire night. The menu has changed and a bread basket (with honey butter) is no longer provided. Instead a very small piece of pan fried bread is provided, if you can get the attention of the person with the bread. The steaks were okay but nothing spectacular Although the waiter spent time explaining how the restaurant had been renovated, it seems more attention is required on the service and food We won't be back soon
- Many mistakesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Do not like the onion bites in skillet idea, there was a half hour wait before i finally asked where the bread was, and then told the kid with the skillet will come around. When he finally came he gave ONE bite each and there were 4 of us.I asked for more and he said he would come back but he never did. Your prices are comparable to The Keg, and not only do they give you bread right away, they ask if you want more. I felt like I had to beg to get a bite of bread Was very disappointed. My steak did not come with the Mushroom Trufelleta sauce. I had to ask for it. One guest steak sent back as was well done and the order was medium rare Do not like the renovations. What happened to a classier fine dining? .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great like alwaysLikiDined on 10/4/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place – I like to come again with my friends and family. We will be back to try more dishes. Plase like 🌟🌟🌟🌟stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Food quality, service quality and ambience have all deteriorated badly. After many years of dining at this location I wa significantly disappointed with most recent visit and would not recommend this restaurant to others. Recent renovation and revamp of the location has n not been well executed. Not likely to dire here in future.
- Disappointed food loverEz2pleaseDined on 10/3/2014Went to the newly renovated Canyon Creek...and was very dissapointed. The new look to the decor is very well done. Warm colours and a modern feel make the interior cozy and relaxed. Here's where our evening fell flat... We were given a small intimate table, right in the way of a traffic zone for the waiters, busboys and other guests to walk past. It was like sitting along the 403 on rush hour. Too many people stopped right in front of our table to let others by. We were given bread before our meal...but YUCK!!! They changed the bread to a honey bread. It was like eating donuts before supper. Tasted too sweet with our beer. My chicken was burnt, steak was blah. Ponderosa was better back in the day...and half the price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Surprised by the slow service. Always been great before with staff on top of drinks food orders and bill. Hopefully only a one time issueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not really impressed with newJJJHANMDined on 9/23/2014Not really impressed with some of the branding changes looks kind of cheap I did not enjoy the prime rib linguine not up to their usual standardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still AmazingPickyEatersDined on 9/22/2014Been going to this location of Canyon Creek on Fairview Street in Burlington for years. The food is mouth watering and filling. Always fresh..cooked perfectly. Service is good...the waiters/waitresses are always gracious and accommodating. A well run restaurant that cares about the clientele's experience.Special Features:
- Awesome!BurlingtonDined on 9/22/2014Great Service as always! My steak was cooked exactly as I had wanted it and the seasons veggies were perfect. I have to say that the dessert really stole the show. Brownie and Ice CreamSpecial Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014Great food like always. The prime rib was wonderful and my husband had the pickerel and loved it! Great wine list. If you want a romantic dinner don't sit in the bar if they ask you to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - Beyond the CallBurlingtonDinersDined on 9/21/2014On this occasion the restaurant was very busy, and when one entree that was ordered medium-well arrived very "medium" verging on "rare", we had to comment. The busboy was closest and he alerted our waitress. Instead, the manager arrived, agreed with our concern and offered to reheat or provide a new entree. We chose reheat, and they gave us a new entree. As if that wasn't sufficient, the manager then included a desert, and, when the bill arrived, the price of the entree was removed as well. Excellent service! The attention to customer satisfaction went well beyond the call of duty, kudos to the manager, waitress and busboy!!! We will definitely return, and we highly recommend the Fairview Burlington CC for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is never a disappointmentAJSADined on 9/13/2014I was here for a second time and ate something I never had before and it sure was delicious! I always try to eat what a restaurant is known for and in this case for Canyon Creek, that would be Steak or Prime Rib, but I ate one of the pastas instead - so glad I tried it - worth going off the tracks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice luncheon had by allQuincyDined on 9/12/2014We had great service,wine list great ,great appetizer and excellent sirloin salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday night dinner.pecs84Dined on 9/10/2014Coffee crusted steak was awesome. Melissa over server was excellent also. Very friendly and hopeful with questions we hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy seniorsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Excellent service and food with great staff to meet all your needs.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014We would use Open Table again - it was fast, efficient & our reservation was exactly as requested.Special Features:
- amwcDined on 9/6/2014We have never been disappointed when visiting this Canyon Creek location and thoroughly enjoyed dining there on the weekend. The meals were excellent - the melt-in-your-mouth-delicious prime rib and nicely spiced Chipotle Sirloin Steak were done to perfection. Of the accompanying vegetables we found the beans to be tender crisp but the carrots somewhat underdone. The warm bread with honey-infused butter was a lovely opener. Service was amazing, well timed and never intrusive. Our server was very friendly and his sense of humour added a lot of fun to our evening. We would highly recommend this restaurant for either casual dining or a special occasion.Special Features:
- good food rushed serviceLogitechDined on 9/6/2014Overall it was ok 1.Food was good, good steak, soup, salad and the birthday brownie. but service felt rushed - we were out for a pleasant - event - not to eat and rush out. 1 hour and $140 later done. Felt like we were at a fast food restaurant. what happened to the knife with the bread, cutlery seemed to be an issue (although it may have just been our server). the server kept saying no rush - two minutes later - back again. We did not get asked if we wanted any desert or coffee. Brought daughter's brownies, and BANG ! there is the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst time at Canyon Creek todateHKCBurVIPDined on 9/4/2014We are regulars at Canyon Creek usually at Sherway Gardens. This time in Burlington we sat on the patio. We really don't need menus because we knew what we were going to order. The coffee crusted stake was so peppery my daughter could not eat it, they brought her another one after 1/2 hour that was way over done. It could have been sitting in the kitchen for that length because it does not take long for medium rare. The waitress tried to tell us it looks different outside, what? Then the manager came out telling us the same thing by this time it was 8:20 and she was so hungry she ate the well done stake. Very inconsistent at the Burlington location. We have always had the perfect steak at Sherway location.Special Features:
- silvaDined on 8/30/2014My husband and i went there saturday night for our anniversary dinner.From the moment we walked in ,until we walked out we felt very comfortable.The service was great,the meal outstanding and all the staff was friendly. We had been there before and my experience was just as memorable as the first.The prices were good and the portions very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th anniversaryDinoDined on 8/26/2014Food was ok. Service, somewhat lacking, but very friendly when our waiter came around. Have to say.....Keg and Charcoal Steakhouse has it beat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- sharing of mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The 3 couples in my party all shared meals with their spouses and canyon Creek did an awesome job. they split each meal for us on separate plates. The presentation was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- butch123Dined on 8/22/2014My dinner experience was great, service was awesome and we had fun food arrived at perefect times and I would come again .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime ribgroovygrannieDined on 8/22/2014My friend & I meet every 6 weeks to catch up on our lives, and we specifically pick Canyon Creek for the prime rib dinner. We find that the 8 oz. medium cooked is perfect for us. For those of us that don't like to see blood, it is still very tender and pink inside. The loaded baked potato complements the meat beautifully. Our waitress was very attentive and recommended an excellent California Pinot Grigio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerspecialplacefor2Dined on 8/21/2014This was a memorable night out. The environment was soothing, the service and the food outstanding. Our waiter answered our questions suitably and guided us in our choices for both our selections and quantities. We will return for another occasion. We will recommend this place to our friends which is how we chose Canyon Creek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delightSilverSupperDined on 8/16/2014I have visited multiple locations of Canyon Creek. The food has always been spectacular , as it was at the Burlington location. But I can say the service was above and beyond what I've experienced before. I would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anaverageoldieDined on 8/15/2014The seating was private (booth) and the food was delicious, one of the best steaks I've had recently. Great choices. I look forward to going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.