Canyon Creek - Burlington
2429 Fairview Street
Burlington, ON L7R 2E3Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Canyon Creek - Burlington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca/
- Phone: (905) 333-3339
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday 11:00 am - 11:00 pm, Thursday - Saturday 11:00 am -midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Visit www.canyoncreekrestaurant.ca to view our party packages. Items on the regular menu can be easily incorporated into your party package. By attending to the smallest details we’ll ensure that your corporate or social event is memorable!
A word from Canyon Creek - Burlington
Rediscover the Canyon Creek menu. Try some of the new delicious dishes coming from our kitchen, like our Avocado and Bacon Salad, Jail Island Salmon Salad, Fish Tacos and Brown Butter Pickerel. Is your mouth watering yet? Canyon Creek, we’re more than a steak house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Canyon Creek - Burlington - Best Restaurants in Burlington ›
Canyon Creek - Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)good for groups (60)fit for foodies (48)romantic (45)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (26)great for outdoor dining (15)hot spot (15)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Anniverary with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014First time we have been back since the renovation. It is still great! The food was perfect and we all had a great time. Reasonable prices as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely dinner.PresswoodDined on 11/23/2014We were seated promptly by name. The table was sat and ready for us, corner booth. Everything was wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Certainly the coffee rubbed steak was tasty.ScottiBDined on 11/21/2014The description of the steak and lobster mash was deceiving - there were about 6 little marbles of lobster on a pound of mashed potatoes, so that was disappointing. Service was OK, but perhaps your servers can look BOTH patrons in the eye - Heather seemed uncomfortable dealing with my wife. No rush, as noted on my reservations it was our anniversary, so bringing us the bill before we asked for it was a little presumptive.
- Awesome evening at Canyon Creek Burlington!PatriciaDined on 11/21/2014My family dined at Canyon Creek Burlington on Friday, November 21/14. We were celebrating my son's birthday and his graduation from university with his Masters degree. Our reservation was ready when we arrived, though we were placed in a booth which was somewhat drafty. When I asked if we could switch we were immediately given another booth with no questions asked. Our server Jack was spactacular. So knowledgeable, accomodating and attentive. The food was delicious, cooked exactly as we had ordered. After dinner Jack brought two complimentary desserts to our table to celebrate both my son's birthday and his graduation. My son was so impressed with the entire evening that he made a point to let the manager know about our experience. We have always had great experiences at Canyon Creek and will definitely return to the Burlington location for our next celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014Unfortunately, my husband and I both ordered the Prime Rib. I have had it at Canyon before and it was very good. This time it was like trying to saw through a hunk of leather. We returned it and they did give us another Prime rib meal. It was ok, but certainly not anything to rave about. I also had the avacado and blue cheese starter. In my opinion the avacado was too ripe and the bacon bits were so crunchy that it felt like I was going to break a tooth. The salad dressing was really delicious and the presentation was lovely.Special Features:
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014We were greeted nicely and seated right away. We ordered the Prime Rib sandwich. It was tasty but way too fatty. We had to cut the fat out which isn't pretty with a sandwich. The server was pleasant but a bit too attentive, we felt rushed. She kept saying to take our time but she kept coming back in minutes. Overall, it is a nice restaurant and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointinggwineDined on 11/18/2014We visit this restaurant several times a year. This time, I was disappointed. First, the music seemed much louder than before. We were seated, immediately, but waited over 10 minutes before even seeing a server. The hamburgers were smaller than before and overcooked, mine to the point of being charred. They will get one more chance.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Three out of the four of us at our table had steak; each was cooked to perfection. I had the shrimp ravioli, and this was the second time I have had this dish and it was so good! Service to get our drinks and refills was slow, but the food came out in great time. We did dine on a Saturday night, but it wasn't as busy as previous times dining on a Saturday evening. This was nice as the restaurant wasn't as noisy! We will definitely be returning to Canyon Creek Burlington for another yummy meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go for a nice night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We went to Canyon Creek for our 4 year anniversary. We have never been here before so we didn't know what to expect. We made a reservation and were seated right away. The manager that brought us to our table was very nice. The atmosphere was cozy and warm. Our waitress was very nice, and didn't forget about us. The food was amazing. Overall a great night . We will be going back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caesar salad and bread are now goneDisappointedBurlDined on 11/14/2014My husband and I are loyal patrons to this restaurant, we've been coming here for over 10 years. We have always recommended Canyon Creek as our fave restaurant, but we're officially done. You took away our favourite pecan pie a year ago, which we loved and used to sometimes pick up on our way home from work, and now you've messed with our favourite Caesar dressing on the market, and you've changed our favourite bread/honey butter again. We are officially seeking our new favourite, after over 10 years of loyalty.
- great evening! Good food good service!1114Dined on 11/14/2014Our table was perfect, the food was great, and our Server Sarah was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momzzzDined on 11/9/2014Enjoyed our 2 birthday celebrations Appreciated your accommodation of my choice of seating with our infant confirmed by phone call by manager Nice touch service was great and the food deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They were amazingly friendly and respectful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I booked our table from there website. I asked specifically what area I wanted the table in. I got there with my special date and I got friendly staff and the best waiter I've ever expected. He was on top of everything but not pushy. He somehow made our night go even better than I nervously thought it was going to be. He was fun, respectful and polite. He knew when to come around and knew when we were in need of service. I wish I got his name. He stayed on his duty until we were completely done. We were his last customers to leave and he never rushed us. My date Carol and I, Leo enjoyed our night because of the overall service from every staff member that attended us from start to finish. Thank you Canyon Creek for this experience. Your food is one of a kind as well as your staff. We will be returning because of your quality of dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out for Dinnerout4dinnerDined on 11/8/2014I like the menu here and our waiter was very good. The restaurant was full, but service was still good, although we were in no hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sadly, not up to parMCatMacDined on 11/7/2014We have been dining at Canyon Creek for years, and always enjoyed it, but probably won't go back again. I made a reservation to take friends there for dinner 6 days before going, and requested a booth (I'm 8+ mos pregnant, and it's hard to get comfortable in a small chair!) We arrived ~5 minutes late due to traffic, and were told that there were no booths. Our server was OK, although notably more friendly at the END of our meal (aka time to tip!) which was unappealing. A beer took 20 min to get to the table, bread took 30 (and we were never offered more), and portions were smaller than they used to be (none of us were actually full and we all cleaned our plates!). I could go on, but for nearly $200, we left unsatisfied with the experience.Special Features:
- comme ci comme cadinnerndrinksDined on 11/7/2014It was obvious our server was new. She struggled from bringing wine to offering a second cup of coffee. The manager did check in and removed the calamari from the bill. Food was good. We'd come back.Special Features:
- GoodGoodyDined on 11/4/2014Our experience was overall good except for the one dish -peppercorn steak had too much peppercorn on it which ruined the taste. Service and ambiance was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EmmaCanyontalk16Dined on 11/2/2014Our server, Emma, although still training did an excellent job looking after the two of us. We appreciated her friendly attentive manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our local place for a nice mealBigRedEDined on 11/2/2014Have been going here for years in all its variations. Good place for a meal with friends. appetizers very good. coffee used to be terrible but is now Starbucks but that is not that great as we don't care for the burned taste of Starbucks. Used to have great blender drinks esp the Bellini but now gone sadly. Service generally very good. Menu recently abbreviated to focus on beef steaks and roasts. A couple of non beef options but less than before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Decor is disappointingEngagementDined on 11/1/2014The service was outstanding as usual. The steaks did not seem to be the quality I have become used to, the decor looks like a Montana's. The lighting is cheap looking and I hit my head on the over the table light when getting up to go to the ladies room. Very disappointing decor. Hope you didn't pay allot for it!!!!
- Good ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Mid-Saturday decided to try Canyon Creek for dinner that night. Loved that I could make reservations online easily and add any comments/requests. On arrival, noticed several patrons waiting but, not us! Acknowledged that I requested a booth and took us straight to our cozy table. Quick service. Good menu options but bear in mind most of the items are steak related. Really enjoyed the meal. Wished our waitress would have anticipated our sticky fingers and I wouldn't have had to ask then wait for another napkin or wetnap. We enjoyed the evening. Can't comment on the ambiance as our booth was located in a tight fitting area and could not see the interior other than 2 or 3 other tables up against a long wall. Nice to try somewhere new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The service was excellent. Everyone aimed at making our experience pleasant and relaxed. Wait staff knew their menu and were helpful in making suggestions. We will definitely return! Thanks. By the way, love the ability to make reservations on-line... a great feature these busy days.Special Features:
- Amazing staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014AMAZING staff always smilin and friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change on Multiple FrontsSmallTownSteveDined on 11/1/2014Burlington location recently underwent change - some more apparent (open concept, loud music), and others more subtle (paper napkins replace cloth, whole grain bread replaced with unremarkable white 'honey' buns). Food was largely unchanged, but not well executed in all cases (some items arrived luke warm, an other was missed altogether). Pedestrian wine list. Saving grace was well-prepared mains (steak) and a Manager who took our concerns seriously and did his best to make it better.Special Features:
- Bring back the bread & honey butterAJSADined on 10/26/2014Usually never disappointed in this place but in the last few days, they got rid of their really delicious Bread and honey butter. The new honey buns are not anything to rave about. Canyon Creek needs to bring back their original bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!!CroGirlDined on 10/25/2014Fantastic food, fantastic service, priced reasonably, I recommend this place to all types of guests; young families, young couples, mature couples, retirees, group outings- honestly anyone would love it here. I had the filet mignon with mashed potatoes and a side Caesar, while my boyfriend inhaled his coffee coated steak, which he swears order again. We had the calamari starter that was as good as it was on my trip to the Adriatic in Croatia- fresh out of the sea. Good job Canyon Creek and my highest compliments to the chef, I'll be returning frequently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service good mealBobbieDined on 10/25/2014Service was acceptable but not terribly personable. Food was good as expected. Young man running by our table with honey bread and stopping at most tables but never stopped at ours. Felt not that comfortable with people coming and going and feeling like they were right in our lap.I would recommend this to a friend.
- blainDined on 10/24/2014Food was good. Ordered steak that unfortunately was very overdone. When the attention was brought to our server - new steak, comp dessert. Manager was very interactive. Very attentive to customers. Would go again.Special Features:
- smartly renovatedRockendDined on 10/24/2014We have and continue to have great meals at this Canyon Creek. We appreciated to see the updated menu- try the Lobster Guacamole , it is outstanding. All our meals were excellent, some had the brown butter pickerel, cooked to perfection (no bones) and the Prime Rib was perfect. Service was very attentive. Enjoyed their new bread. Looking forward to going again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but not great foodAddicted2foodDined on 10/24/2014We went to canyon creek for our anniversary dinner on Saturday. We hadn't been for a while and saw that my local franchise had a promotion. My finance ordered the steak and lobster mash, and when it was served the portion size was disappointing. Now I'm not a lobster person but from what he said, the lobster was funny tasting and weird texture. I ordered the pickerel and the presentation was lacking and the taste was even more disappointing. It tasted like the fish was just brushed with Dijon mustard. Now, we brought this to the attention of our waiter and manangement came by and offered to make us something else or give us complimentary dessert which was nice.
- SO SO!Hungry1Dined on 10/23/2014Not my best canyon creek experience. Was a little disappointed with the seating. Was placed at the first table right next to the door. Asked for a booth was told they were reserved. Will have to remember to request that for next time. The server was actually very good and attentive to us. I ordered the strip loin with loaded baked potato which the potato was just barely warm and the steak was decent but not great. My wife had a steak salad which she said was excellent. We had a dip for an appetizer which again was okay but not excellent. Found the decor was just okay. It was quite busy. It was quite noisy as well. I would expect better food for the price.Special Features:
- FailurewasaregularDined on 10/17/2014New reno, new vibe, new attitude. Won't be back. My loyalty and disposable income will find another venue.Special Features:
- Great New LookNewmanDined on 10/17/2014This location has been newly renovated and looks fabulous. The entrance is so welcoming set with a wooden desk and a book shelf behind that is full of old, antique and vintage cameras. Picture perfect. Food is amazing and presented with such care. Beer list is exceptional. Service was fantastic. We look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Delicious Food but PriceyRealFoodieDined on 10/17/2014The Southwest chicken was DELICIOUS! The Thai salad was great as well. We were not too thrilled with our rice crusted chicken appetizer...was very bland, served only 4-5 pieces, and cost over $11! All in allwould return to this restaurant but would avoid pricey apps!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a new atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Not sure how Burlington will like the changes. Was looking for the usual calm quiet dining. was seated in the dining rm beside the bar. If we wanted sports tv and noise we would have gone to a sports bar.Special Features:
- DeliciousloveeDined on 10/15/2014This was our first time visiting since the makeover. Looks really nice! Tried the calamari appetizer (new menu item) and it was delicious... perfectly cooked! Really enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- KadsmealsDined on 10/15/2014Amazing service...made to feel special...excellent food (cooked to perfection)and wine quality with very attentive service. The brownie is to die for!Special Features:
- awesome foodrorytateDined on 10/14/2014based on a recommendation for the restaurant I decided to take my wife there for our anniversary. I must say the food was excellent. Although it's been told that the sweet bun portioning has been reduced to a morsel, my main course of the Chipotle sirloin was absolutely delicious. Our canyon creek dip was flavorful with a large portion, it was perfect. Recommendation is though to have the menu identify Ontario VQA to help promote local wines. Luckily our server was educated (as was I) and we were able to make a good choice.Special Features:
- Dinner at Burlington Canyon CreekTurtleDined on 10/13/2014My husband and I and another couple had dinner here on Thanksgiving Monday. We each had something different but dinner was enjoyed by all. Prime rib and steak was cooked perfectly. The salmon received rave reviews and my pickerel was excellent. Vegetables were crisp and service excellent. A very enjoyable dining experience. Reasonably priced for the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was since my last visit. The service was very good. Spent a lovely couple of hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.