3650 Wallingford Ave
Seattle, WA 98103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinettaseattle.com/
- Phone: 2066321000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Emran Chowdhury
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Cantinetta
We are an Italian restaurant and bar. We emphasize in Tuscan culinary traditions and seasonal ingredients from the Pacific Northwest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Cantinetta - Best Restaurants in Wallingford ›
Cantinetta reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)fit for foodies (52)romantic (44)special occasion (35)great for outdoor dining (29)notable wine list (28)good for groups (17)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Not what it once was :-(.....SeattleFoodieDined on 9/13/2014It's great that they are now taking reservations, however the great stops there! Our waiter was in NO rush to take our order 15 minutes would go by. My husband had gnocchi with lamb it was crumbled and dry. My dish the pasta was over cooked and to the sauce was really boring. There was a 4 top of young girls and one was loud using the "F" bomb. The only time that we didn't hear her was when she had food in her mouth! She obviously felt comfortable there because the host when over and sat and talked to her for a few minutes. We've be to Cantinetta about 6 times over the years and we used to rave about it to everyone, but sad to say we won't be any more. In fact that was our last time to Cantinetta. Overall very disappointing!
- Charming!seattlehazeDined on 9/13/2014My family and I chose Cantinetta for a family dinner for my mother's 81st birthday this past Saturday. We were seated outside, which I wasn't thrilled with at first because my mom doesn't always enjoy that, but it was perfect. It was a warm evening, but the staff lit the patio heaters and it was fine. Service was great, food was delicious! We all ordered something different and every one of us loved our meal. I had the salmon and it was the best piece of salmon I've ever had -- perfectly cooked. At dessert they brought one of our choices with a candle for my mom and it was very nice. Overall, I highly recommend Cantinetta.Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant!BmelloDined on 9/9/2014I have driven by weekly and wanted to stop and try this place. We finally did to celebrate my mothers and my birthday and were wowed! From the minute we walked in to the time we left it was great. The service, food, ambiance (we had a beautiful evening and sat outside) it exceeded my expectations. I have already told friends about it an will be back again very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate ExperienceMeganDDined on 9/6/2014Ours was an unfortunate experience. Cantinetta was terribly warm, with no ceiling fans, open windows or air conditioning on a hot evening. The service was terrible and the staff rude. After being initially ignored and then experiencing the server and host's rudeness, we decided to leave. We're a lesbian couple who'd hoped to have a pleasant, romantic evening and made reservations. When people are unnecessarily rude and excessively unsolicitous, it's hard not to wonder, at least fleetingly, if we experienced a prejudiced establishment. If no stars were an option, that would be what I'd give.Special Features:
- Disappointed with reservationTeamstrannonDined on 9/5/2014Reserved a table outside and when I arrived they had given it a way to a walk up and was told they don't reserve outside tables. I then received attitude from the host so that was disappointing. Food was good otherwise although my spouse had a bad stomach the next morning but I can't say for sure if it was something from the food that night, allergies or something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine listSeattleRainReaderDined on 9/4/2014Our Buty paired with the gnocchi with Anderson lamb and peaches to perfection. A great restaurant, tucked in an unassuming corner of Wallingford. A favorite place to meet up with our grad student daughter for an excellent catch uo meal each and every time. Lots of great WA wines on their menu in addition to their Italian wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOlygirlDined on 8/26/2014Delicious drinks, great wine list, fantastic pasta, outdoor seating on a summer eve, attentive service. I would be there every night if I lived in WallingfordSpecial Features:
- Good ItalianFanOGr8foodDined on 8/26/2014Our dining experience was overall very good. My friend and I both felt as though our waitress was either a bit over-loaded or just too stressed because whenever we had a question, while she always answered, there was never an extra second spent with us to take care of any follow-up questions. The food was really good and the whole evening was nice but that is my only knock.Special Features:
- Love CantinettaheidiDined on 8/26/2014It is our favorite restaurant. We went their to celebrate my birthday a couple evenings ago. Definitely a neighborhood gem: service, food, ambiance, everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!LovesunvalleyDined on 8/24/2014Cantinetta is always a great place for delicious food and wine - It's one of those neighborhood restaurants that are off the beaten path of glitz, high prices, and a waiting list. Usually a walk-in, but I would make a reservation in case... The pasta is amazing good. Cantinetta is one of my favorites in Seattle - about 10 minutes from downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Excellent AtmosphereOutdoorZmanDined on 8/20/2014We have been to Cantinetta in Bellevue and loved it, the Wallingford location was just as good and the food didn't skip a beat. Great place, unique food pairings in authentic Italian style. We love it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Food and service were very good, but room was noisy and could not converse easily without shouting!Special Features:
- ShamelessFoodieHungryDined on 8/14/2014I have been to Cantinetta several times over the past few years, and it was one of my favorite places until my last visit. It was a very intimate, quiet, romantic place. It has been replaced by a noisy and uninteresting place with food barely above par. I found more kindness from the girl refilling the water than from our server, and I paid the price of the food again for a mediocre bottle of wine. It will take a drastic change to get me back there again. What happened?
- first timentasuDined on 8/14/2014We have a group of professional women who gather regularly to dine out -- we take turns recommending places. Cantinetta was recommended by M, who lives in West Seattle, but likes it so much she still makes the trip. I can see why -- wonderful service, a small but carefully crafted menu, excellent execution of our starters, and appropriately sized entrees. I liked that we had a variety of pastas to choose from, and each of us were happy with our selections. It was about $60/person including tax & tip, and included wine or a cocktail for each of us. I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableportenoDined on 8/12/2014We were there last year and once more last Tuesday. A wonderful and memorable experience both times.Special Features:
- The freshest pasta!NMNATIVEVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a lovely dinner at Cantinetta which appears to be a great neighborhood gem. The heirloom tomato and burrata salad was delicious - the tomatoes so juicy and summer fresh! The real highlight was the fresh made pasta - I had ravioli (and wished I had had the risotto), my son had pappardelle bolognese which he cleaned the plate, and my husband had a pasta dish with a duck egg on top which when the yoke was broken made a fabulous gooey hollandaise type addition to the fresh pasta. We found this place through open table and have since referred Seattle residents to check it out. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014A group of us from out of town were staying in the neighborhood for the weekend to attend a wedding. We were looking for a nice restaurant for dinner. We were able to get a same-day reservation for a group of 7. They gave us a great table in the back. The host and server both took great care of us and were very informative about the menu and the wine. Everything you read about the food is true: fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place-delicious fresh foodsBoatfoodieDined on 7/27/2014Delicious simple menu of seasonal fresh foods prepared perfectly. Great service, knowledgable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cantinneta- WallingfordBurkeDined on 7/25/2014Service and food were great. My group arrived for a 7 pm seating and were placed without shade with setting sun in our eyes. No sound dampening in building so we could not have a normal conversation, ending up increasing noise volume by talking loudly. Group was 6 so there was a standard 20 percent gratuity, but service was good so increased to 25. I will only go back on off days not Friday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodBlumerDined on 7/16/2014This is our third time back here. We had the clams and fried squash blossoms as apps. Clams were a tad salty and savory for a hot day in Seattle but the squash blossoms were excellent. For entrees we enjoyed the pasta with cherry tomatoes and mushrooms which was to die for. The ravioli was also very delicious. Then for dessert we were blown away by the doughnuts with Nutella and citrus sugar. Definitely check out Cantinetta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Poor HostingBlackboxDined on 7/12/2014Well the evening here didn't start or end well. For starters, when its hot you may want to stay away due to no air conditioning or fans to circulate the air. Sitting outside would have been a huge plus. After being seated in a sunny location our request to be moved was denied even though there were many open tables. Not a good start. The service from the wait staff was good and they were not at fault for any of the bad experience we had. The food was actually quite good but one of our dishes had a metal piece from a pot scrubber in it. Again another minus to the experience. The restaurant did comp the dish and bought us dessert, still I don't know if I would go back anytime soon due mainly to the whole experience.
- FABULOUSO!!!!AmyacchiDined on 7/1/2014Just returned from Cantinetta with my family of five. We tried every antipasti and had all the different entrees and it was Delicious. The wait staff was fantastic, the drinks were tasty and the ambiance was delightful. Thank you Cantinetta for a delightful dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed for the first timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/26/2014I have been to Cantinetta multiple times, long before it was "discovered" for the great neighborhood restaurant it is. In addition to the wonderful ambiance of the small intimate surroundings, the food has always been fabulous; seasonal, fresh and inspired. Unfortunately the maincourses at the most recent visit proved uncharacteristically disappointing. I wouldn't say they were terrible but they were relatively bland. Although the ingredients were seasonal such as peas, beans and kale, they were sparse in the dishes. I think my pasta dish had 5 peas in total. My husband dish was similar. The flavors as well were disappointing. I don't know if the chef has changed or if it was just a bad night. I am hoping it is the latter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at CantinettaDinerDined on 6/19/2014We recently had dinner at Cantinetta with friends and the four of us dine out frequently and three of the four are marvelous cooks themselves. We had a stellar experience from our table to the service, through the fabulous food and accompanying wines. It was a most delightful evening from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalCharVIPDined on 6/19/2014Every single dish was exceptional--from artichoke appetizer to pillowed pasta with ricotta and peas to kale salad. brought new people and those who pride their chef palates for Italian. Everyone is coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely loved it.FamousamosDined on 6/14/2014We went for a birthday and anniversary celebration and could not have had a better experience. The only reason I gave service a 4 rather than a 5 is that the person who greeted us seemed somewhat startled to see us as if he wondered why we were there, but after that, a perfect evening.Special Features:
- A low startOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2014reservations for 2 at 7pm and finally sat at 7:30. food was good - the bolognese is a standoutSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014This was my second visit to the restaurant I thought this time it was very hectic and the food was just ok. The main courses were very salty and the food was just not as great as I had remembered. Not sure why. Not planning to return anytime soon as there are alot of other options out there that are more consistent.
- Excellent choiceCjcjcDined on 6/8/2014Beautifully presented & delicious food. Attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Food, Friendly StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2014We have been to Cantinetta numerous times, and have always been quite satisfied with our meal. Their homemade pasta's are always fantastic. The wine list is not extensive (limited to WA/OR and Italian), but I still always find it difficult to make a choice between several favorites! Extremely happy that they are now on Opentable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Food is excellentCarlosDined on 6/5/2014Food is excellent, wines a bit pricey. I found the risotto of kale a very innovative and delicious dish. I also think that the quality of the burratta is excellent. In general antipasti are very good. Pasta is excellent in one if the two times In have been there lately i trued the vermicelli with veal was very good. Deserts are good. I am happy that they now take reservations. I have been at Cantinetta two times in two weeks, because i prefer restaurants where i can reserve in advanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulpidgeDined on 6/5/2014My husband and I love this place. The menu changes seasonally which makes it exciting to go periodically throughout the year. We tend to come here when we are celebrating anniversaries or holidays, but it's casual enough to go on a whim if you like. I usually have the hardest time deciding on what to eat because everything is so good. Anything that mentions risotto, gnudi or gnocchi is usually by far my favorite thing on their menu.Special Features:
- Fantastic Find in SeattleMaxDangerDined on 5/24/2014We had a wonderful meeting their to celebrate my wife's birthday. The menu is limited which allows the focus to be on making the food fantastic. It my be limited, but every item is outstanding, and you will not leave hungry. Excellent selection of wines, but will not blow your wallet out. The staff is friendly and happy to serve you. Tucked away in the Wallingford area, it has a wonderful neighborhood feel. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- A la Cantiettaguernica37Dined on 5/22/2014I have been wanting to try Cantinetta for some time now, I finally decided to make it happen. The on-line reservation process could not be simpler. We arrived a the restaurant and were seated immediately. The service was fantastic. From the host to the server who took care of us. Now let's talk food. The flavours were perfect. The right balance all through out. Since it was Italian cuisine, we decided to stick with the pastas. We were not disappointed. The appetizers and wine were also beyond what we were expecting. Overall, I had a great dining experience and will recommend Cantinetta to friends and anyone who is interested in hearing me out.Special Features:
- The following 1 reviews are from the Cantinetta reviews archive.
- Blown awaySpek4ChefDined on 5/13/2014My brother and I reserved a table to celebrate Mother's Day and were so happy we chose this place. The space felt just right for a neighborhood restaurant and the service, while never obtrusive, was always on point. We enjoyed everything we ate: Penn Cove mussels and a brussel sprout salad to start (a "riff on Caesar salad," as our server put it). For the main course, it was risotto with poached egg, Neah Bay halibut, a juicy Painted Hills steak, and smoked kale with orange marmalade for the main course. We shared everything and recommend that experience since you get to try so many different tasty things. Dessert was chocolate pistachio tort and that was simply redonk. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.