Cantinetta - Bellevue
10038 Main Street
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cantinetta - Bellevue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantinettabellevue.com/
- Phone: (425) 233-6040
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Emran Chowdhury
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
A word from Cantinetta - Bellevue
We are an Italian restaurant and bar located in Bellevue. We emphasize Tuscan culinary traditions and seasonal organic ingredients from the Pacific Northwest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cantinetta - Bellevue - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
Cantinetta - Bellevue reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (41)romantic (20)special occasion (19)great for outdoor dining (17)notable wine list (15)good for groups (11)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- bobkarDined on 11/18/2014Outstanding in all respects- food is unique and outstanding quality. Service was great at both the bar and table. Table was ready at reservation time and we ended up with a great table for 4. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a celebrationEmmaDined on 11/15/2014One of my friends recently got engaged and we came here to celebrate. I'd been to the Wallingford Cantinetta and had a great experience, so I looked forward to trying another location. I asked for a table with a bit of privacy for our group and the restaurant did an amazing job of accommodating our request. The service was great- our server was friendly and attentive. The brussel sprouts with pancetta were delicious and the black truffle gnocchi one of my friends ordered was superb. The duck filling of the scarpinocc I enjoyed for my entree was unique and you could tell that the pasta was homemade and fresh. My only complaint was that the dish was fairly dry and I would have appreciated a bit of sauce to go along with it. A friend who ate some also found it a little gamey, although I didn't have a problem with that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CantinettaEnjoyanightout25Dined on 11/1/2014Very disappointed with our recent visit to Cantinetta in Bellevue. Had booked a table for 8pm and the waiter confirmed our table would be available at 8pm when we arrived at 7.30 yet we weren't seated until 9pm. The waiting staff were a little surly at serving us so late and so we rushed to leave. The booking we made clearly identified that it was a birthday celebration yet there was no mention of it or even a candle with desert. No discount or free drink was offered for the delay. The only positive from the restaurant was that the pastas were actually quite good.
- Great everything!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014I found this restaurant online and loved the menu selection. There were 5 of us in the party and we all loved our food. The service was great, and the location make it easy to get to. I took a friend a week later, and had the same experience. ....wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentshorelinefoodieDined on 10/25/2014Pasta dishes were delicious. Our server forgot to place our appetizer order, so that came after our entree. She did apologize and took it off our bill, which was the right thing to do.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I've been to this restaurant some time ago and really enjoyed the food. That being said I don't know if the chef changed or just an off night, but the main entrée was way too salty (pappardelle and casoncelli). I hope it was an off night, because I really enjoy the atmosphere and the service that they provided.
- Our Favorite Sunday Night SpotFairminnieVIPDined on 10/19/2014We've been coming to Cantinetta Bellevue since it opened. It is our favorite Sunday night spot. We bring all of our out-of-town visitors and friends here and they all rave about the food, service and atmosphere. The food is delicious. We love the fact that the menu changes every few months or so, so we are able to sample so many wonderful dishes. The staff is incredible- Uschi, Tyler, Angelo, Kate, just to name a few- always make us feel welcome and well cared for. We bring our larger groups here as well and it's always an amazing experience. This restaurant is such a neighborhood gem. And, it's great that Cantinetta is now on Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First DatehepcatDined on 10/14/2014Very nice atmosphere, I was a little disappointed there was no defined cocktail menu, but the bartender mixed up something delicious. The food was great and overall a nice exp.
- Hidden gemEastsideDinerDined on 10/11/2014Thank you for having us! The evening ambiance was delightful. Not too noisy. The food was flavorful. I had the braised pork with risotto & my husband had the veal. Both dishes were delicious. The meats were tender and melted in your mouth. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great DinnerKristinaEVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great meal and a great time! We hadn't dined at the Bellevue location yet and we were not disappointed. Food and service were very good -- it was louder than normal that night though due to Homecoming. Not the restaurant's fault -- it was just a popular place. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great Food, Wish I Could See ItLegourmandDined on 9/27/2014High quality ingredients, skillful preparation, mouth-watering combinations of flavors and many ways to navigate the menu -- all reasons Cantinetta stands out for me. Food presentation is foodie-worthy too, but please, turn up the lights! The menu is difficult to read, and the meticulous preparation of each dish is somewhat lost in the dim interior of what is otherwise a wonderful dining venue.Special Features:
- Good food, needs better servicepostlemayvisitVIPDined on 9/23/2014Food very good. Service staff could use more training. Lots of "who gets the polenta?" With 4 people at a table, they should know who ordered what. A bit noisy.Special Features:
- Bratswombat39Dined on 9/11/2014Just love to walk into an upscale restaurant and be greeted by a screaming brat. Got seated, looked at the menu, then departed. If I want this type of ambiance, I'll go to Chucky Cheese.
- Can't wait to returnaimeesue2003Dined on 9/9/2014We went to Cantinetta for our anniversary dinner and were delighted by the entire experience. The good was AMAZING. Save room for the zeppole(sp?) dessert: Nutella stuffed donuts.Special Features:
- Favorite Italian PlaceLongTimeSeattleFoodieDined on 9/2/2014Cantinetta is our go to place for when we crave Italian food. We were excited to see they opened an Eastside location. As a result we are enjoying their homemade pasta more often than our budget and diet allows. Have visited several times for date night and never been disappointed in the food or service, which is extremely rare to have both attributes remain so consistent over time.Special Features:
- Always good!BevyDined on 9/2/2014The menu is always interesting, and the food is consistently good. However, the wine list is way overpriced. They must be very proud of it. The fact that they are now taking some reservations is a real plus.Special Features:
- Fabulous DinnerSeattleBurtonDined on 8/31/2014I had made a reservation for 6 on Sunday night for a special occasion with friends. When we arrived at the restaurant it was really busy and the staff was running around at high speed. That didn't however stop them from greeting us right away and welcoming us into the restaurant. To our delight we were taken to a big private table in the back just in front of the kitchen. Our fantastic server Ushi greeted us immediately and popped a bottle of DeLille Cellars Doyenne (the first of 5) that was perfect for our group. We decided as a group to just go family style, so we proceed to order just about everything on the menu. My guests were absolutely thrilled with everything! The food, ambiance and excellent service! Many Thanks to All!Special Features:
- What happened????NativeNewYorkerVIPDined on 8/31/2014When this place first opened, the food was delicious. The shame was the place was very noisy; convivial conversation was difficult. The other annoyance was the restaurant's 'no reservations' policy. When I plan a nice dinner out, or want a place to take my clients, the last thing I want to do is stand around and wait. So I took Cantinetta off my list. But I knew that as soon as the buzz died down, the 'we're too cool for school' attitude would change. And it did. Cantinetta now takes reservations through OpenTable. So I decided to take my party there last night. I was so disappointed and so embarrassed. The menu was so limited and three of my guests had to send their dishes back due to excessive salt. And it's still painfully loud.
- FantasticSjr135VIPDined on 8/28/2014Not to be missed if in the area. Excellent food, with lots of variety. Wonderful service and great atmosphere. We ate starters, appetizers and desert and skipped the entre' and left very satisfied and pleasantly full.Special Features:
- always deliciousyummy34Dined on 8/22/2014Love the food, wine and service! Its our favorite Italian!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute place and good food!love2eatanddrinkDined on 8/10/2014We were happy to find such a charming restaurant in Bellevue...a city sadly overrun by chain restaurants. The food was very good, but unfortunately our server was kind of "meh" and disappeared half way through our meal. My only disappointment was that it was not at all child friendly - not like you have to cater to little kids, but it would be nice if they were made to feel welcome, especially the older kids (we brought an 11 year old). So, keep in mind that it is better suited to an adult night out - which many might prefer anyway.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningKaseyDined on 8/10/2014Had dinner with adult family on a warm summer evening. We ate outside, which can lead to be forgotten, but our server was totally up to the challenge, we had plenty of attention. The food was very good, it was a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Old Bellevue GemLiverdocVIPDined on 8/3/2014Bellevue has become a dining destination And the many restraurants along Main Street are no exception. Cantinetta is raising the bar. It features Tuscan themed selections. As a frequent diner there, I have found that they are becoming more creative in their offerings and preparation. Cantinetta is very enjoyable and much anticipated culinary experience!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian diningLovethisplaceDined on 8/2/2014We have enjoyed this fine restaurant often since it opened a mile from our home. We have brought guests from out of town, who always comment favorably on the food, friendliness and service. But our latest experience was likely the best so far. We brought our Italian friend and his wife for dinner. Everything we ate was delicious and perfectly prepared. We couldn't have asked for a more pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantmoonieDined on 8/1/2014Cantinetta Bellevue is ALWAYS good. My husband and I eat there about once a week. The rotating menu including great seasonal items, great cocktails, and friendly staff keeps us coming back for more. Right now, the prosciutto and melon and taglietelle dishes are my favs.Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the Cantinetta - Bellevue reviews archive.
- Unimpressed. No Air Conditioningjohnc5215VIPDined on 7/16/2014Our party of four was unimpressed. Be aware: There is no air conditioning. Not even a fan. We sweltered, even though close to an open door. The service was slow and inattentive. We repeatedly had to ask for everything. Wine was late in arriving--not once but twice. The menu was short and sketchy. I would have considered the prices OK, had the food been better. My chicken was served over cooked atop some unwarm vegetables. Best thing on the menu was the gelato. Won't be going back.
- Nice place. Great food.Foodie2Dined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed our meals. Our wine was very nice. Service was great. Would go back again. My Husband previously had eaten at their Seattle location and loved it. The only negitive was the noise level. We sat near a large party of people and a few of the guest were to loud. It was annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you like ItalianfoodieholicDined on 6/18/2014well captured in this "gem" of a restaurant nestled in the heart of old Bellevue. The food list is simple , well made and not too expensive. Wine list is adequate again not too expensive and covers most tastes, there is also a full bar. Staff friendly , efficient and attentive. First time there , we'll go backSpecial Features:
- Excellent Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014The server was attentive, the homemade pasta was out of this world, and the fresh taste of everything was wonderful. It was a business meeting with out of town customers and everyone wants to visit again.Special Features:
- Over ratedAldoDined on 5/24/2014Do not order the steak. Wife had pasta "just so so". The bread wasn't even good.