40 Kenmare Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cantineparisienne.com/
- Phone: (212) 966-2740
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Cantine Parisienne
Contemporary French restaurant located in the Nolitan Hotel. Offering wines by the glass and original cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantine Parisienne reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (30)great for brunch (30)good for groups (26)romantic (24)great for lunch (19)special occasion (16)notable wine list (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great overalljulay2Dined on 11/9/2014The restaurant interior is great. We went for brunch early (around 11:45/noon) and it wasn't crowded at all. The food is great. The ambiance is great. Great to catch up with friends in a laid-back atmosphere.Special Features:
- A new find!ImpressionsDined on 10/30/2014I don't usually make the trek to the LES for dinner, but this was well worth it. The food was really good and everyone in my group was pleased. Also, the waiter was attentive although at times a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and wine are excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2014The food is wonderful and the wine list is notably French, so be sure to ask your server for a good pairing. My wife had the roasted Amish chicken with a Bordaux and I had the veal with a Bougelet. Both of us were blown away. The onion soup is amazing as well. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch!EEEKDined on 10/26/2014My friend and I had a blast here or brunch! Very hip and vibrant!Special Features:
- Saturday BrunchamydomsDined on 10/25/2014I was pleased with the Saturday brunch at Cantine Parisienne. The wait staff was helpful but it seemed like this was their first rodeo at a brunch. It was hard to tell who we checked in with because the same employee was serving about 10 tables, acting as host, and bar manager. I think more staff would be helpful. I was a fan of the ambiance, very bright, modern, and clean. I wonder if they do a good business during happy hour...I could see where it would be a nice spot to grab a couple cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AmazingGetoDined on 10/21/2014The service was excellent. My server Zoe was very Kind and inviting. The food was excellent as well. I wish the sirloin strip was a little bigger, but it was delicious! The ambiance of the place was cool and a little retro. It was quiet, inviting, and relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/20/2014We came late at night and it was very quite. But our service was great and the food was delicious, like the last time we ate there. The apple tart was worth going back for. We love this little spot.
- wonderfulSpideycatDined on 10/18/2014Took some relatives from CA to brunch here...everyone had different likes, but there were plenty of choices, and all 6 of us were extremely happy with our food. The service was very friendly and personal, and although we were using a discount voucher, the staff treated us as though were valuable customers. The decor and ambiance was lovely, and I will definitely be returning. Simply delightful in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work Lunch DateSupraDined on 10/6/2014Nice little spot not too far from work to take a date.Special Features:
- foodie123VIPDined on 10/5/2014Great brunch deal, but the "bottomless" or "unlimited" aspect was not respected. They would bring one glass infrequently. The food options were also limited and not very impressive. Again, its a decent deal if you get the brochure but not worth paying full price.
- foodeatingagainDined on 10/4/2014very good food and wine, great location,went on a Sunday because of parking.After walked down Mulberry Street to sight see and shop.Special Features:
- Modern Decor, Old-fashioned foodchefmecheVIPDined on 9/30/2014There was nothing particularly French about this place but the food was tasty and satisfying. I loved the fish. Our female server was helpful and pleasant. There were surprisingly few people but it was a Monday evening and we were able to enjoy a conversation without shouting.
- Better than we expected!JudystewDined on 9/27/2014Service was good, food was all delicious and large portions. Onion soup was amazing!! More "modern French" but really excellent. They put together two cafe tables for 4 people which was hysterical but kind if cramped! Had a reservation so my only complaint. I say GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/27/2014I've been to Cantine Parisienne for brunch about ten times over the last few months and am yet to be disappointed. Consistently great food and stellar service.Special Features:
- Ok Food Not Very Friendly ServiceVeggieQueenVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our friends got us brunch deal as a gift. Lovely ambiance, but the food was ok. They had specials, which looked interesting, but weren't a part of our deal. The extra they ask you to pay if you want items on a special menu doesn't even make sense. It would be cheaper to buy a special menu dish separately than paying a difference they charge with the deal. One of our side salads had a few leaves that looked spoiled and unappetizing. I don't like a lot of dressing in my salad, but I barely had any at all, so it tasted bland. Also, my egg was overcooked. Our waitress was not very knowledgeable about the menu. Drinks were great, although you only have 90 minutes limit on drinks. We felt the restaurant wasn't worth it without a deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMnycDined on 9/23/2014Great food, service, steak frites was delicious. Groupon was definitely worth it, nice dinner and glass of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BrunchACampDined on 9/14/2014Went for brunch and really had a great time. I had the pork belly brunch plate... amazing. Mimosas... always amazing and the service was excellent. Will go back for dinner.Special Features:
- Exceeded my expectationsjptykeVIPDined on 9/14/2014A fantastic restaurant! Servers were friendly and courteous, house manager was very attentive. Chef's food was to die for!Special Features:
- Amazing Burger and FriesEmilyRMMcDined on 9/13/2014While my boyfriend got the steak ( which was also delicious) I enjoyed a classic burger with fries. This is one of the best burgers I have had in a while! We had a deal from Pulsd , $29 for a bottle of wine and two entrees. We made out extremely well and the service was very good.Special Features:
- JannVIPDined on 9/13/2014Pea Soup to start was excellent with chunks of ham & some whole peas. Grilled Sea Bass special was well prepared and served with lima beans & cherry tomatoes. Escalope of Veal was tender and flavorful. Steak frites was more than ample portion. Good expresso
- Best kept secretTatesbugVIPDined on 9/6/2014The staff is welcoming and genuine and the food is outstandingSpecial Features:
- Great and UniqueWHTravellersVIPDined on 9/4/2014My wife and I ate here during a recent visit to NYC. The food and service was great. I loved the modern atmosphere. Only down side, there was a private party (LOUD LOUD LOUD) adjacent to the restaurant. This absolutely detracted from a romantic experience we were hoping for (our 48th wedding anniversary). But we will definitely try it again. The noise was not under the control of the restaurant. Hopefully a u nique one time issue.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and servicelgueatsVIPDined on 9/2/2014I had the confit and my partner had a veal dish. both were outstanding. our server was friendly and attentive. we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- classic bistrodinerVIPDined on 9/2/2014Food was well prepared and flavorful with a nice presentation. The french onion and white/green asparagus soups were classically prepared and delicious. The foie gras appetizer was prepared with chicken liver lobes, not duck diver pate. Though unexpected for a French bistro, it was still tasty and the accompanying onion relish, candied nuts and bread was very good. The veal scaloppine with a mushroom sauce was delicious. The apple tart was just ok. The apples were too soft (more appropriate for applesauce) and the puff pastry was undercooked and difficult to cut. The service was great. Can't remember the woman's name, but she was attentive without being overbearing and very accommodating. Lovely decor, too.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Great brunch experience here! Food was really tasty and ambiance is beautiful. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Best BargainZydecoBBDined on 8/22/2014Came with a groupon-type coupon after reading decent reviews on line. The meal was a BARGAIN and very tasty. Definitely worth a trip to Little Italy. The wait staff was friendly, the matre'd also. The food was ambitious, delicious and a fun spot for dinner.Special Features:
- We ate earlyhankhnyDined on 8/19/2014We ate at 6:00 and the place was nicely empty. The food was wonderful and the portions very nice. Surprised that they onnly had one serving of the bronzoni left. The steak frites had excellent fries and the steak was a nice size and cooked to perfection. Don't know what the scene is at night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I went for brunch with my couple friends and the food was impeccable. The French toast was phenomenal but hard to cut at times because of the maple syrup coating. There was a weird flavor a little like champagne in the jam but other than that it was amazing. The salmon was pretty good but we were served just a plate of salmon. I don't know if we ordered incorrectly or if that was the actual menu item, but it wasn't impressive. We had to wait about 10 minutes until we could order some toast to go with the salmon. The potatoes were the also absolutely amazing. Maybe the best part of the meal. The waiter was alright, could have asked more than once towards the end if everything was alright. The restaurant as a whole was absolutely amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great FindtashatashVIPDined on 8/2/2014We came here on a travelzoo special and really enjoyed ourselves. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was also very good. We would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood trendy restaurantilesinaVIPDined on 7/29/2014Went with travelzoo voucher- well worth it. Service was very good- prompt but not rushed. Filet mignon was extra to use withvoucher. Everything was fresh- ordered salmon tartar, crabcake, filet mignon & the grilled branzino. All good choices & good portions- we left full and did not order any desserts. The restaurant is in lobby of nolitan hotel so its a decent sized area, modern chic decor. Would recommend if in the area. Average nyc price for this type of setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 90 reviews are from the Cantine Parisienne reviews archive.
- good place in the nabeDeeDeeDined on 7/25/2014This is a nice little restaurant that serves decent french food. It's not the most exciting menu in the world but the flavors are there. It is what you would expect.Special Features:
- Groupon DinnerJannVIPDined on 7/19/2014Entrees of Grilled Sea Bass and Rack of baby lamb. Both were good. Lamb could have been more flavorful and fish was a bit overcooked; the accompanying vegetables were excellent. Peach Napoleon for dessert would have been better with fresh peaches were are now in season. Wine by the glass was decent. Very good expresso.
- nice french restaurantkim2nycVIPDined on 7/11/2014good service very friendly staff, accommodating our request. food portion is not big, typical french style. deco is modern. nice gem in the neighborhood. due to the price range, we may not go back anytime soonSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Great food and portions. Also, lovely contemporary interior-- the lounge area (which seemed to connect to a hotel) looked like it was out of an art museum.Special Features:
- Simple and goodDenisVIPDined on 6/27/2014We tried this place for dinner and had a good time. The decor is simple,but nice. However,what makes a restaurant is food. And it was really good. Duck confit was delicious,so as filet mignon. Good place for a casual dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/14/2014We loved our meal here. Big portions and really nice menu. We definitely would come back!Special Features:
- EstelleVIPDined on 6/8/2014Interesting Foie Gras with pear marmelade. Sauce for veal is especially full flavoured. Steak and frites good too. Red wine Cotes Du Rhone is ok.
- Great Food at Amazing PricekelgfDined on 6/8/2014Really enjoyed our meal. The unlimited drinks were delicious and not watered down (thank you!) and the food was delightful. We highly recommend this restaurant for Sunday Brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so for brunchbedlakeDined on 6/8/2014A friend and I had a pulsd deal for bottomless brunch. $29 for two people for an entree and unlimited mimosas, bellinis, and/o bloody marys. Sounds like a good deal, but it wasn't. The brunch entrees are cheap (most around or even under $10), so the deal isn't economical. The entrees don't come with sides, which cost extra. The bigger brunch items are considered specials and require an additional $6. And the waiters don't keep the drinks coming. You have to beg them to come back. I actually felt looked down upon for using a deal. That's bad customer service, because honestly, the location is so beautiful that I would have come back without the deal, if they'd just given good service. Brunch food was nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/7/2014We had the roast chicken and the Veal entrees. Veal was perfect, sauce perfect. Rice and veggies perfect. Chicken, as reviewed by my wife the chef(diploma'd) was best she had outside of her kitchenSpecial Features: